Orchestr/a/

This Veteran's Day we salute the past members of Orchestr/a/ who died in the making of shitty Chinese cartoon music covers.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ptm2iGhisT0

We are in great need of strings, flutes, and trumpets to stay afloat. Many songs are one or two instruments away from being finished.

If you'd like to contribute and want to see what needs recording, you can join us at our pad: jibunwooo.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/pbpnck.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=ffCS6yetKow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw I don't play any instruments
Cool project, though. There's a lot more to this than I expected.

me on the left

>tfw my arrangement from 2 years ago still isn't fully recorded

I might do the bass part for Sakamichi no Melody, but it's gonna take a while to learn the groovy middle part

2 years has become the average start-to-finish time, unfortunately.

Yeah I've noticed. I would love to participate more but it just kills my motivation when everything moves along so slowly. I do still check every few months or when there's a new upload to see if I can record anything, but since I only play pleb instruments there's usually not much I can do.

I have the opposite feeling cause I sometimes record pretty often and early but I play a melodic instrument and no one plays the other parts. I wish I played rare instruments.

I wish people still cared.

All of Sup Forums right now on the bottom

Use dbs as a draw seeing how much Sup Forums fucking loves(hate) it.

ep 5 ED when

Never because we're fucking dead

Why does nobody arrange anything? I remember a few years ago it seemed like you had a lot of people writing a lot of stuff, but when I checked your website it seems like nobody does anymore.

People still write new arrangements, there have been like 4 new ones this month alone. And there are always like 40 old ones in the backlog.
We're lacking people who record parts, not lacking arrangements.

I guess you guys never publicize enough, so you have nobody who knows of new arrangements

Yeah well, threads are only made when there's something new finished. If you want to work on stuff you have to communicate with us through the pad, it's there for a reason.

the joke is that there’s always something to record but not enough record(er)s

But your problem is that since you finish stuff so rarely, you also have threads so rarely. Nobody's going to remember you when you don't ever post, so nobody's going to bother checking if there's something to play

We were having weekly threads years ago and people were complaining the threads were nothing but a circlejerk and nothing gets done, so we moved the circlejerk out of Sup Forums and only posts when there's a need to.
It's okay if nobody remembers us if that makes us not a bunch of attentionwhore fucks. All we ever asked people is checking the pad once in a while if they want to participate, that's all.

But your problem is that you've gone so far off the other end of attentionwhore fucks that nobody knows who the fuck you are anymore. Can't ask people who don't know you to participate.

Well what can you do about it? This isn't a very friendly project in the first place and there has always been a shortage of personnel.
Making more threads? All die within 5 replies.
Advertising in normal threads? Gets a bunch of fuck offs.

Bump for luck with recruiting.
I played alto, tenor, and bari sax way back in the day. If I ever buy one of my own, I'll join you guys.

Bumping with some tunes~
Not sure if I'll ever get around finishing this though

my.mixtape.moe/pbpnck.mp3

Uninstall soon.

You guys might want to consider making very light arrangements for a few songs, like just a few instruments, to get the ball rolling again with uploads and interest. Something like a comp piano and any instrument that sounds good for the melody goes a long way.

I'm interested in doing maybe one arrangement of that sort but I already got lots of other stuff going on. But first I'm gonna try to nail this bass part, do I have to follow the notes 100% or can I improv on a few parts?

Good idea.
For Apollon, I would guess that some cool improv would be acceptable, but don't take my word for it. Do what you can and someone might do better.

This is nice user. You should finish it so we can record it in 2+ years

If i ever stop being depressed and lazy i'll fill in some trumpet and mandolin parts. Maybe flugel too if i can borrow or find a cheap one. Wasthis project around in say, 2011? I would have loved this back then.

Started in july 2014.

Also, are there any rules regarding arrangements? Like how closely the instrumentation or style must follow the original?

Do whatever you want, we've done stuff that's basically a completely different style from the original like this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=ffCS6yetKow

Thanks for answering my questions. I'll try to motivate myself to play again.

Do it for her, user.

I just might.