How good is this manga?

How good is this manga?

Art is good, action is decent,
violence is high. I find it pretty forgettable to be quite honest though.

Read it and find out for yourself, Sup Forums is not for recommendations

Your secret club is awesome

It seems to be good. The movie was

Shit. I keep dropping it after reading another chapter or two. The main girl is a lousy bitch and the protagonist is an edgy tryhard.

some chapters are really good others kinda boring, but overall it's a solid 8/10

Wasted potential IMO. First volumes are good, but the story just careens into mediocrity.

Read the rules and lurk more, newfag.

Art is amazing, story is kinda all over the place.

It's a great manga. The action is brutal/ stylistic , the artwork is beautiful and the story has a smooth flow. Don't expect non-stop action. It has it's political moments, but it truly helps a lot with character development ( especially between Rin, Manji and Anotsu ) Blade of the Immortal is quite praised and very overlooked. I HIGHLY recommend it.

expertly drawn garbage story.

I have a lot of fondness for it but that comes from reading it while it was ongoing and I'm not sure I'd think of it as highly if I just went into it now

The art is the main selling point, but the story is often pretty good, especially in the earlier volumes...there's plenty of great characters and fights and stuff, but there were a few plotlines towards the end I had zero interest in but it's been years since I read it all

>swastikas
wow so edgy

I remember how I waited for scans for this.

I still need to start reading Samura's new work. His drawings are god-tier.

I found the first few volumes the worst part, honestly. It was just a parade of fights, as far as I recall, although Makie's was really good. What did you like about that part?

Not them, but introduction of new characters and new fighting styles kept me interested during the first volumes. Later, the mad scientist arc felt like it was dragging too much, I couldn't quite get into it. The fact that I had to wait for scans afterwards might have played a role in it though.

Makie and Anotsu's love story is one of the best for me.

The experiment arc did drag somewhat (mainly near the end, with the "shit, now there's some new guy stopping them from escaping" #451), but I enjoyed the concept and the scientist's descent into madness. Plus Manji and Doa tagteaming that monster capped it off well enough to forgive most of the pacing problems. The final arc was my favorite part, though - large cast of characters, most of them sympathetic and many already-established, there was an element of complexity/dynamism with the different factions all moving around and splitting/joing up, and the fights themselves were almost all great (with a few exceptions like Manji vs the giant Dutchman). Plus that whole element of desperation and fatalism with a lot of the characters, that just wasn't really there for the characters in earlier parts (especially not Manji, of course).

Doa and Manji at the end of that arc were truly glorious. Two of them storming the place felt even more satisfying because of how monotone the previous chapters were.

I still can't believe how much I came to like Habaki at the end.

I liked the new movie. Drsgged at some parts but climax is kino.

Japanese movie adaptations are shit and I've decided to avoid them, even more so for BotI which is one of my favourite manga. Should I give it a shot?

>I still can't believe how much I came to like Habaki at the end.
He basically did it all to himself, but even so I couldn't help but feel for him once Ryo died.

It's directed by the same guy of these adapted films: crows zero, ichi the killer, JJBA, and ace attorney. If you enjoyed any of these, give it a shot.

Very good.

Starts off good. Then it gets draggy. Then a slight dip and it ends abruptly.