Fire Punch Art

I'm sure most of you have noticed, but it became extremely apparent in the latest chapters (pic related). Why do you think Fujimoto always draws the main cast in such a scribbled fashion even when the background characters around them are very well detailed in comparison?

It's been a while since I dropped Fire Punch, but aren't most of the main characters insane? Maybe it simply reflects their state of mind.

>dropping Fire Punch
INFIDEL

I have several theories:

He's still pretty young and is in the process of establishing his visual style.

Maybe the rough line work of the main cast is supposed to represent their mental instability? Almost everyone in the series is fucked up to some degree.

And lastly, if you noticed, a lot of the background characters are almost always in static positions. Drawing a person in a dynamic pose that looks fluid and actually convincing is fucking hard. I'd say it's almost as hard as mastering three-point perspective.

I like the 2nd theory, but I can't really accept the first and third purely on the magnitude of how different the levels of detail are. While it's true that it's easier to draw detail in static poses, I don't believe he's ever ONCE done this for someone from the main cast even in the more calm, dialogue heavy chapters. Couple that with how blatant it is in pages like the one I posted and I feel it has to be some sort of intentional juxtaposition. I have a hard time believing an artist (especially one as distinct as Fujimoto) would draw a page like this without realizing how it appears.

Assistants.

I forgot to mention that he only has a week to complete a chapter. He might be well aware that some panels look iffy (that recent chapter where Agni was fucking up those soldiers in the woods looked atrocious) but simply does not have the time to rectify any problems with the artwork due to the small time window he has.

He's only in his early twenties, and this is his first series. I thought only older, more prominent mangaka got assistants.

Is this kid really the same wimpy ass kid from earlier? He's so strong now

be careful who u make fun of in high school

>He's only in his early twenties, and this is his first series. I thought only older, more prominent mangaka got assistants.
It's entirely up to the mangaka, since I'd imagine assistants come out of their pay. Fire Punch has been going well for 70-odd chapters, it makes perfect sense that he'd have hired assistants somewhere down the line to keep the work load managable.

>be careful who u make fun of in concentration camp
FTFY

Because KINO

If the deadline is a problem it would only make sense to prioritize the focused characters on the page and not some background nobodies.

>he

>dropping firepunch
Why would you do that? This is unironically one the best ongoing mangas.

Maybe assistants handle the background characters and they can finish quicker if there are a lot.

>mastering three-point perspective
?

It's hard. Very hard. I mean it's easy enough when you're just drawing buildings, but when you start drawing complex shapes or human anatomy in said perspective, it becomes an enormous challenge. The thing is though, it's essential to learn if you want to draw a comic book series or concept art.

Any mangaka can have assistants as long as they can afford to pay them.

He isn't very good at drawing

No.

Compared to what? His peers as a mangaka? I'd say he's better than many.

Why would you drop firepunch? it's one of the very few ongoing manga right now where I have no idea and actually really want to know what happens next.

how it's selling? I hope he continues his demon imouto manga next

It's going very well in france. They sell it even at supermarkets.

Holy shit

He is good at things like mecha and gore and fire, but his people seem stiff,
It reminds of Nihei's character designs desu
But that's probably just because there is 3 cibo lookalikes running around

His character posing is pretty stiff, yeah, but I think his art comes together nicely.

I stopped reading at chapter 70 cause nothing was out at the time, but how did San get so strong? Has it been revealed, or is their another force that Agni's gotta deal with before it's all over?

Togata is still my beatiful futawaifu.

He's not great at dynamic poses, but he's a lot better than Nihei at drawing characters.

Haven't you been reading between the lines, he's one of the perfected all-powers humans, of which there are only a few left on earth. Most of them left to live on another planet by now.