Has this been a good year or a bad year for Anime?

Has this been a good year or a bad year for Anime?

Shit Dragon sure ruined it.

There were some good shows, but overall, meh.
It was a great year for movies though.

a few jewels in a huge pile of shit as usual.
but the few are getting fewer with each year

It's been a decent year.

>Made in Pedo
>No Princess Principal

>demi-chan
how is this rag patrician in any way
>washio
oh so you're just retarded

also
>lwa
>milk it til you kill it the cartoon

Every year is a bad year for anime.

LWA was disappointment of the decade

And it's dub saved it

got a gf who likes anime it was a good year :^)

a real one?

yee and she knows about my waifu too

Remove Osomatsu and Dragon Maid and you have the most tryhard list of all time.

I mean none of that (male) nonsense

I'm no faggot, user

you ever watched castaway?

>nu-Sup Forums taste
disgusting.

Better than last year for sure.

Kemono Friends being aotS for three seasons straight was fun, yeah.

*four consecutive seasons

fk off to your contained thread you subhuman brainless

Why the hostility?

Better than average.

Fuck awful start
Normies are starting to like anime more every year

It's clear you don't belong here

Better than last year, but that's not a huge accomplishment.

>Normies
Go back to /r9k/ and never post here again.

>t. normie
Go back to Snapchat and never post here again

Wow, an Sup Forums meme, you sure proved yourself as a true Sup Forumsnon.
Fuck off you retarded normalfag. Your "muh normies" shit doesn't belong here.

This fucking post.

Nice job attempting to engrain yourself in board culture. Sup Forums memes man! Wow, that's amazing, you're really going above and beyond to feel a part of Sup Forums.
Also nice samefag
Look im using fag! I'm a part of it all too!

Wow I'm being sarcastic!
Ecks dee?!
Notice me sempai!!

Your damage control is pathetic.
This isn't fucking Sup Forums, next time lurk before posting an maybe learn to stop replying once you've outed yourself as a newfag.

You have no idea what r9k is now do you?

Seriously bro
Eat a dick

That's funny, what a shitpost you dribbling retard
How about you get down off your high horse and think before responding. You're so concerned about getting me to stop posting when you're only making me post more. If you really were the bigger man you'd stop, but you can't resist feeling superior

You can't deny that people who don't dedicate their time to any interest destroy it, in all fairness

you people just are not healthy

This is 88.8% patrician taste.
Good job user.

You're still missing PriPri

R9k is basically now reddit/tumblr
It is you who needs to go there

I warned you user about the normals and women

How are are you exactly?

Yes. Some seasons were drier than others but every season had a few gems. Meido Doragonu was a great start and all of these fags hating on it are just buttmad that their Two Car-teir dumpster fire shows didn't get any attention.

Good job leaving off Princess Principal.

Rabble-rousing aside, some series were better or worse than others in ideas, execution, plot, and whatnot. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Stupid shit opinion, everyone enjoyed Maid Dragon, including you, except you're so much of a faggot that you pretend not to enjoy it because some other people somewhere else that you don't like might have happened to enjoy it.

Decent taste. Monster girls definitely doesn't belong though and I liked it. However you are missing:
Konosuba S2
Alice to Zouroku
18if

>pedo
Dumb normalfag.
>cartoon
Dumb newfag.
Dumb normalfag.

T.maid dragon fag

who cares faggot

good , umaru saved it.

I would say bad, but all of the most exciting things I haven't seen yet. The new Lupin III movie was okay. Walk on Girl and Lu are essential, waiting on subs. Was interested in that period shoujo by the director of Trust and Betrayal, too.

Mediocre year, but fall season saved it with the best anime in at least 3 years.

Seriously?

This list is horrendously bad.

This list is a fucking puzzle to me. It's the perfect combination of meme shows and actually good stuff that keeps you wondering if this was supposed to be bait.

I'm not even kidding. It's THAT good.

>it's a "every year gets worse" episode

Are you sure you're not exaggerating a little?

Is it though?

yes

That was a shitposting troll chart but for some reason newfags think it is official and keep posting it. Most likely for (you)s.

This most recent season has been pretty excellent so far. I'd give the year about a 7.5/10 on the whole.

Can you recommend me the good ones? I haven't watched anything from this year yet.

Atom the beginning was 1/10 shit, literally garbage. Good to see you left out Princess Principal, which was one of the best shows of the year.

Fuck off

>Can you recommend

No. Find your own anime.

>hurr durr

When was there a better year for anime?
2017 had a lot of great shows.
Kemono friends, youjo senki, konosuba s2, owari s2, Mia, gatsu s2, your name BDs came out this year. Then theres some supposedly popular shows I didnt watch like maid dragon and rakugo s2.

You're living the golden age of anime right now.

If this was a golden age then I would quit anime

No, not really. The best of this year were all sequels and only Rakugo was a 10/10, with other being 8/10 and lower. No solid, great shows that will go down in history as classics.

Yuasa's movies had enough critical success to make me think they will probably last a while.

Your name will definitely be remembered for its visuals.
Who's going to give a fuck about the story tho?

>Kemono friends, youjo senki, konosuba s2, owari s2, Mia, gatsu s2, your name BDs came out this year
Those are all terrible anime, except the Shaft stuff.

I've heard good things about the Studio Ponoc film as well.

It's no better or worse than any other period since ~1990.

We are living in a goddamn golden age of anime and anyone trying to tell you different is a fucking newfag. These last few years have been superb.

The Winter and Fall are top tier seasons and Summer wasn't too bad.

Seems quite a bit like 2016, loaded with reliable cake.

You can even go to shonen and compare, say, the first 30 episodes of Boruto to the first 30 of Naruto from '02-03. Steady evidentiary chickification imo. Have not seen any truly great manly endeavors since One Punch Man (not trying to shill)

This year alone was better than half of the 90s combined.

Your Name will be remembered for its sales alone. But user was talking about this year.

Well then you flat out dont like anime.

Bad opinion, user

No.
>no true scotsman

I heard PriPri was shit.

There was one poll made couple months ago where made in abyss won by a landslide but pripri was 2nd highest, Liking pripri is some Sup Forums exclusive thing.

What did you expect from a sequel to an OVA that looked like a Disney production?

LWA was better than people credit it for.
It was at least above average, and some episodes were great.

MiA, PriPri and SSR made it decent, but there weren't many good shows apart from those. Still need to catch up on Gintama, 3-gatsu and Natsume though, those are probably good.

Premise was good. Execution, well, mostly shitty irrelevant episodic filler, underdeveloped/utilized cast and derpy animation.

Why did they make tooru act less evil? That's like the main thing that reminds you that she's a super sickass wizard lizard.

Princess Principal is such a fucking meme.
Sorry, 3Hz just isn't what you guys want them to be.

Worst year in a while.

because she's also a good girl, user. please don't forget that she is pure.

I liked Alice to Zouroku but I definitely don't think it should be on the list. I feel like they were jumping around too much with the story I just didn't know what they were trying to do. But the animation and art style were awesome.

Try harder or develop a taste.

DAB on the haters