What the actual fuck went wrong...

What the actual fuck went wrong? Their back catalogue is littered with legitimate classics and beloved cult hits but they haven't done fucking anything worthwhile in over half a decade.

Did Khara and Trigger really steal every single passionate or talented member of staff they had? Howdid things get so dire that those people left in the first place? Is there any chance they can ever recover?

>Trigger really steal every single passionate or talented member of staff they had?

Don't know about that, KLK was garbage and nowhere near as good as TTGL.

You can't deny that their shows have felt extremely rote and lacked the pizazz they used to since the Trigger split though.

Even if they didn't get any of the good writing talent (though afaik Gainax lost them years earlier) and struggle with funding, Trigger clearly took most of the remaining animation staff who gave a fuck about their craft and the one director they had left who really has any fire in him.

I liked Pleiades far more than most of their "classics".

all the good minds leaved the studio. gainax is only gainax in name now.
you fucks need to start learning the people bihind the studio not only the studio logo

They'll either officially die or make an unexpected glorious return next year with the FLCL sequel

Don't hold your breath

Do you not like tomatoes?

Flcl is under production IG, user. And the character designer iw with them too. Its the only reason it still looks like flcl. Gainax is dead.

If you go through their classics you'll see nearly every person who made them possible no longer works there. So yeah, Trigger and Khara.

reminder that gun buster was a dumb show with that is only worth watching for the animation

Your brain is dumb

i typed it while fapping i was fapping

i probably should stop browsing Sup Forums while fapping

This

Well now I'm disillusioned AND angry.

Every single show they made after PS&G was good though, save perhaps Medaka Box S2. Time will tell if any of their later productions are any good.

Honestly this, it was better than a lot of some of their classics and also better than KLK or Kiznaiver

They were never good

Not as bad as the self destruction of Madhouse. I knew it was all over once Onii-sama came on the scene.

C3-bu and Pleiades are better than anything Trigger has ever done.

Get off Sup Forums.

Go back to Sup Forums

Projecting much?

Pleiades is seasonal garbage.

>seasonal garbage.
You really need to go back.

I never fucking understood you people. If the team was what made the studio, then why the fuck do you care about the name "Gainax"?

Your show is shit. Go watch something that requires an IQ of over 50 for once.

You're everything that's wrong with the audience.
>waaahhh you don't belong you don't like littel girls!!!
An anime with little girls doesn't have to be stupid.

Came here to post this. and Hanamaru Youchien

Everything was seasonal at one point, retard.

>a group of talented people form a studio to make shit
>audiences love it and recognize the studio name
>literally everyone who originally made the studio leaves and goes their separate ways to further pursuit their craft and they all get replaced with new hires
>audiences still attached to original studio name and asks why they got so shit

This is how retarded OP sounds

By this logic there is no point in ever talking about the output of a studio.

exactly

That's dumb though.

>waaahhh you don't belong you don't like littel girls!!!
What has that to do with anything? They could have used anthropomorphic microwave ovens and I would have loved the shit out of it. It was pure beautiful astronomical wonder. Failure to enjoy it is your fault.

Yeah, but I'd say Khara took even more of their talent than Trigger. Which is a shame because they've done virtually fucking nothing with it in 10 years.

>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit pedobait that panders to waifufags with no standards.

What happened?

>has a random rape scene that is shoved in the audience's face, which is then not followed up on in any way, letting our now rapist MC get off scott free so he can spend the last 5 minutes of the film lecturing us on how we're alll pieces of shit for not liking sciecnce
>>>tastefully done

why though? that's how it works when you want to talk about american movies, music in general, and most other art, together with the points from I don't think there's really a good reason to talk about studios, with people that actually know that sort of stuff anyway

If you can talk about groups of people or individuals moving away from a studio, then there's a reason why you can talk about studio output. Or did you not realize you were already doing it?

They are remaking a bunch of old hits in movie form rn
Like Harlock and Yamato
Will revive them

I mean, I'm not the same dude, and i probably wouldn't have framed it that way, and the fact of the matter is that a significant portion of the people involved, even at a high level aren't even strictly associated with a given studio.

The studio has a name, right? What's the point of talking about anything, everything changes.

>what's the point of talking
well that's on the nose, have a nice day

The problem herein lies in the fact that people think talking about studios as a name is for anything worth the trouble.

TTGL was only good before kamina died, after that it goes to the shitter.

>KLK was garbage exactly like TTGL.
Fixed that for you.

Can get the gist of what you're saying Mr. ESL, but seeing that it has a name, that seems a good enough reason to be able to talk about internal changes and why output gets better or worse.

Didn't Anno sue them for a ton of money and won? They are probably close to bankruptcy for real

They're also finally releasing Aoki Uru next year. 24 years late, but better late than never.

That's not whst seasonal means. Seasonal is all the stuff with no artistic merit that no one remembers when the season ended. Except for retards, of course.
You implied I didn't belong, genius.

>people who can remember things for more than three months are the retards
I guess that makes Sup Forums smarter than I thought.

>They are probably close to bankruptcy for real
Not as long as they make dem juicy, deluxe tomatoes, user.
They're not worthy of being watched in the first place, let alone being remembered.

Janitor has been pumping out classics since 2010.

Khara has some of the most talented animators working and they're all forced to work on Rebuilds, fucking disgusting

>I know it's bad because I didn't watch it
Feels good to be so dumb I can enjoy anime.

You have it backwards.

It all comes tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down

Khara was Gainax. The present Gainax is just a placeholder name.

>C3-bu
My nigga

The director that did Wings of Honneamise is still at Gainax, I think he's the bossu now.

I enjoy anime more than you, I don't enjoy shit.
Now this is sad.

Is he the guy who got busted for tax fraud and had to serve prison time

Gainax fukushima is making an idol anime. Gainax will be reborn, you'll see.

This. Pleaides was great tier on writing alone. But you can't deny that subpar animation and production values really hurt that series and kept it from fulfilling it greatest potential. The show as it is was a 8/10, but it could have been 10/10 with the right animators and budget.

It's crowdfunded so it'll probably just be a single 20-minute OVA.

Even though it was good in certain places, I just can't praise the writing because the boy should have been a girl. Also I'm usually the one to complain about yuribait, but in reality you can't have magical girls without at least some hint of it.

>Last Gainax show I watched was in 2013.
Fucking wew, They should close up shop, They've expired and just pour the talent into other studios even though most have probably left.

The best studio of all time. I'm praying the Uru in Blue and Leiji Matsumoto films save them.

You guys are making it seem like it's Citizen Kane.
I swear, if the writing is shit I'm gonna find you and kill your waifu.

>That's not whst seasonal means.
So you are retarded.

>should have been a girl
You're wrong though.

I'm telling you it's not THAT good. Above average for sure, but if you remember what absolute trash the average is, it's not that flattering.

>the boy should have been a girl.
user and his absolute shit taste.

False.
The second movies extra scenes were good.
Beginning and mid season 2 were terribad though

This breaks my heart.

Nope, that was the producer of Gunbuster

>That's not whst seasonal means
Yes it does you double nigger, just like sodomites who have seasonal waifus.

It has an ulterior meaning.

I'm sure they're all doing fiiiiinnee.

I came here to post something like "nice bait" or "well memed friend" because I had legit no idea Gainax was still a thing. I thought it died when Trigger was born.

>Narutoshitter has no idea what he's talking about
Hell I'm pretty sure most of the people who left at Gainax work for The Master now, not Imashi.

Nadia is an amazing show.

Tax evasion and then all their talented directors left the company to create their own.

Anno was the lifeblood of Gainax. Once he left Gainax was left with throwing random garbage on the wall and hoping it stuck, and the only thing that did stick left Gainax soon after as well.

Gunbuster is mecha for girls. I get embarassed just watching that shit.

Grill here I barely managed to watch for 10 minutes. Gunbuster is dumb fanservice for boys. The mecha genre is worthless without boys in the mecha.

Jesus christ fuck off.

The Gainax family should come back together to make a single show as a farewell gift: idolmaster season 2

You are really dumb.

Still less than you.

>I've never been right about anything in my entire life but l'm right about this

Otaku shit sells

This is just all part of Anno's plan to kill anime.