Haruhi Suzumiya

Picked this up. What the fuck is the controversy over watching it in chronological/broadcast order?

I started off the first episode and every information about this anime is about watching it in a specific order. Why the fuck is this an issue?

Because it wasn't broadcast chronologically, you inbred fuckmonkey.
What are you not comprehending?

Then why is every release in a chronological order?

It's not, you brainfucked spastic asshat, your 240p streaming site just rearranged the series into the chronological one since that's what casuls prefer.
Literally just google it.

Just watch chronological, broadcast was a meme that only worked in 2006. Watch episode 0 first though

>DVD-rip
ya ok

Watch the chronological order
If you happen to drop the series mid-way (which might happen in season 2), make a point of at least watching the movie because it's a masterpiece

I wouldn't drop a series.

its autism

Watch broadcast.

Don’t watch it at all.

broadcast order is best.

if you want chronological, just read the books.

anime was made to be watched in broadcast order, it adds to the experience.

This

What does it add though?
The most I got from it was confusion

why in the fuck was the order changed in the first place

Maybe you are too stupid for this anime?

We don't know.
But it was really fucking idea.

Also. New Haruhisky.

Watch Broadcast the first time. At the very least, watch the broadcast first episode first

dont watch it

it's pretty interesting at first but then you reach the end and realise that literally NOTHING fucking happened at all throughout the show.

Probably the most disappointing anime of all time

The one on the right looks like a character from dark souls

Was something wrong with the right side of the lens?

What were you expecting? It's an LN adaptation set in a school

Gl on endless 8

simple version: since it's out of order you get a wtf feeling all the time. the events and the pace are all over the place and it's a good thing.

I take it you've only seen 20 anime

can somebody explain to me to me that hand gesture

>Kyon gets sex with this every night
Fucking lucky bastard.

Isn't it a cheap way to get a "wtf feeling" though

Except going thousands years loops, altered worlds and time travels

I'd say the 6th episode has much bigger impact if watched in 2006 air order

It's the size of their penises.

You get a better understanding of everyone’s character progression, the lack of which is easily found in those that watch it chronologically

Well yeah Melancholic 6 is the only reason Broadcast is a thing, but it just doesn't make sense for character development with S2+movie

ow, my heart

watch guitar covers on youtube

I'm still waiting for that OVA adaptation.

This post makes no sense.

Kyon/Haruhi slice of life married couple 13 episode spin off when

Because it's not supposed to be watched chronologically, if you *really* want to appreciate it

I want to fucking die.

>if you want chronological, just read the books.
But the books aren't chronological, you hack.
>since it's out of order you get a wtf feeling all the time
What a garbage defense.
This. That episode in the middle felt out of place until S2. Now the debate is really fucking pathetic and you should just watch the new obviously-endorsed-by-kyoani order from S1+S2.

>chronological order

literally meme for casuls and newfags who werent here to watch it when it aired
i mean, if thats your thing, go right ahead and watch it however you fucking like
just please keep in mind that you're nothing but a casul and you should try a site more suited for people like you
try facebook anime fanpage or something like that instead

>newfags who werent here to watch it when it aired
You do realise that was 2006 right, so a newfag is anyone who hasn't been here for 11 years?

yeah

>casual
Wasn't Haruhi like the most popular thing in 2006?, if anything having interest on it today is harder than back then when everyone just followed the hype.

Stringent guidelines indeed

>interest is stronger after a decade of something airing
what fucking drugs are you on?

Are you retarded? He's saying that there's less interest in Haruhi today

How do I go back in time fellas?

You have to find Mikuru in real life

Oh man Yuko Goto looks really bad

Who's the one in the middle, she a qt

Well, looks like I'm getting a ticket to Osaka and the train to Nishinomiya. Hopefully she's outside the school gates.

I don't understand how you came to that with what he wrote.

You'll need to separate her from Tsuruya though, also I hope you can speak nip

>

Would waving, saying 2006 with my hands and reversing a clock get the message across to her without having to learn nip?

Draw it out on a whiteboard and you should be good

Aya Bass isn't even an instrument really Hirano

Want to watch anime in non chronological order,
even most of the fansub list them in broadcast order, instead of chronological order?
>Jinrui wa shimashita
>Princess Principal

is the order something similar to montogari where it's kind of the point to watch it in broadcast order

or is it something like.. firefly

With broadcast order the baseball game is much more epic, which is important for me as a nagatofag.

>adds to the experience
>I need to end the first cour on an epic "climax" because I dont understand what good pacing is

Fuck off nigger. Chronological order is the best. The last ep of 1st season in chrono is the perfect way to end the season.

Aya Hirano needs to come back to anime.

The narrative is paced for the broadcast order. The story's climax happens half way chronologically.

She wont be hired again for anything except Haruhi as long as assblasted japanese otakus exist

As someone looking for advice, this doesn't help one bit.

It's so sad that the industry is literally being held hostage by a buch of otakus. They are insane, but they are the ones buying overpriced BDs and figurines.

I just read the books. I've only watched the first episode.

Absolutely retarded tbqh, how is it a scandal to have sex? Nippon is absolutely crazy when it comes to this sort of shit

How is this even a question? The anime was created to be viewed in broadcast order. That's what the director wanted. Do you want to watch the episode the director intended, or read the cliff notes on a website? Same reason you'd watch the episodes in the intended order.

>how is it a scandal to have sex?
It is a scandal to have sex in Japan, which is idiotic. But that really fails to describe the band orgy that she participated in, which would be a scandal anywhere.

Because all BD/DVD releases are in chronological order.

It's all banter really, not like I'm gonna sleep with her ever so I'll just keep enjoying Haruhi

We all know that the real scandal is that she didn't share some love with the bassist. The drums and bass are the foundations or any band.

The re-boardcast before S2 and the official dvd releases changed the order. That's what the director wanted. This "intended order" autism needs to stop. The "intended order" was to further hype the show and encourage theorycrafting when there was a one-week break between episodes.

Are you fucking kidding me? You know chronological order is what the ENTIRE series was BROADCASTED in right?
Broadcast order is very nearly fanmade shit. The whole series was NEVER broadcast in that order.
"Broadcast order" is literally misleading bullshit, again, the series was NEVER broadcast in that order.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not about "purity" but I have to admit that a band orgy really makes you seem pathetic. Regardless, her somber Haruhi voice is still top tier, so I agree.

I don't get it, can you explain it in more detail??

That sounds like speculation about the reasons for doing things.

On a second viewing the reason for the original order is less needed, so that can explain why things were rearranged.

He means that S1 was broadcast in "broadcast order" and then S1+S2 was broadcast in chronological order.

A bit of a unique situation really, unlucky for it to leak and unlucky that she's so famous, otherwise no one would have cared/known about it

Kek you had to do that? I only watched the oldest one I found thinking the 2006 one was a remake and nothing else

Why are you telling me this as if I wasn't there when it happened?

It's no more speculation than
>The anime was created to be viewed in broadcast order.
Either one could be the arbitrary switch, but considering they didn't even try to make broadcast order fit with S2, what does that tell you? That it was a one-off gimmick?

ah yes the chronological order is necessary to understand how the characters felt and their motives during endless eight

screw this, the 2006 order is the way to go. they need a good 12 episodes buildup before Haruhi can go around attempting destroying the world and Kyon confessing to her

For that matter, the episodes themselves acknowledge the broadcast order. It indicates that there is more than one way to watch the series - the chronological order is for people who are have already seen all the "reveals" and want to see how it all fits together.

We have the fact that the episodes were created in that order, and acknowledged as that to be "an order to watch them in" in the previews. What's the significance of having that order, otherwise?

>untagged finale spoilers in a thread arguing about how OP should watch the series for his first time
Broadcast order autists really are irredeemable.

welp guess I can't mention how Mami loses her head in 3rd episode either

Broadcast order only exist beside the average anime watcher is stupid and their heads would explode of a series ever did something that's not cookie cutter and had the climax in the middle of the series instead of the end.
Haruhi even comments on this in the series.

>Kyon confessing to her
Not sure I'd call it a confession exactly, he just figures out Nagato's clue and want's to get out

>the episodes themselves acknowledge the broadcast order.
>and acknowledged as that to be "an order to watch them in" in the previews.
Shuffling the previews to correspond with the broadcast order is called commitment. It would have been an extremely low-effort and low-quality gimmick otherwise. This doesn't make it more "official", it just makes it what was done first. One-off gimmick.

You'd be an idiot to say it in a "hey I'm thinking about watching this Sup Forums" thread, yes.

If that's how they wanted the series to be introduced to people, what's wrong with that?

It's not a finale in the autism order

You're all fucking retards. Watch the first season in broadcast order, then go back and watch both seasons in chronological order.