Differences in white and black music

Black music emphasizes rhythm and percussion, white music emphasizes melody and chord progression. This probably sounds weird, but I work in music, I've written more than a thousand songs, some of which get played on the radio, and this is just the way it is. Listen to this -

youtube.com/watch?v=yKLxFmnYO_I

This is rhythmic, percussive music. It is the way blacks have always made music, and it is the music that they make today. It is something ingrained into them - the rhythm is part of their soul. Even though they are singing, the emphasis is clearly on the rhythm. When you hear percussive music today - rap, pop - it is their influence.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Prc4IGsGZQ

This is Greensleeves. It is a very famous English folk song from the 16th century. The emphasis is on the melody and chord progression. If you go through the entire history of European music, you will find music that places emphasis on the melody. Even today, when whites make rhythmic hip hop and pop music, they place the emphasis less on the rhythm and more on the melody.

Listen to blues music. Every single song is the exact same. They have the same melody, the same chord progression. That's because it is about the rhythm and percussion. When whites began playing blues music, they sped it up and began experimenting with the melodies and chord progressions. The melody became more important than the rhythm, and it became entirely new kinds of music - rock and pop.

1/2

Attached: hello.jpg (259x194, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XpZHUVjQydI
youtube.com/watch?v=_CI-0E_jses
youtube.com/watch?v=n-Dh3ftkRAs
youtube.com/watch?v=djckIo93fVc
youtube.com/watch?v=psuRGfAaju4
youtube.com/watch?v=JhOhGhq0e54
youtube.com/watch?v=rziP0xhHj1k
youtu.be/1wzyVGRttCo
youtube.com/watch?v=kMRkxidQO-M
youtube.com/watch?v=UTuNRW8Zens
youtube.com/watch?v=Bm5iA4Zupek
youtube.com/watch?v=iuZ08XylFFg
youtube.com/watch?v=k-_lQ1UQoyU
youtube.com/watch?v=JFYVcz7h3o0
youtube.com/watch?v=rMnXhAFW0vc
twitter.com/slightbeats/status/975977094726299649
youtube.com/watch?v=Aw3c6rr8-mU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_music
youtube.com/watch?v=hZZVi_Vi6g4
youtube.com/watch?v=qz8EfkS4KK0
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7D4cKieSk8
youtube.com/watch?v=IfLqsNRkBIo
youtube.com/watch?v=tuOywCnKNmE
youtube.com/watch?v=0MgTgDGp_-M
youtube.com/watch?v=ad6FBb4lZIE
youtube.com/watch?v=f19lYFZ381I
youtu.be/QRg_8NNPTD8
youtube.com/watch?v=XUrugDn2g6s
youtu.be/95hZTEOsTpQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It is even this way with jazz music. A lot of people think of jazz as a melodic music, but listen to the difference between white and black jazz.

youtube.com/watch?v=XpZHUVjQydI

John Coltrane is using melodic instruments percussive and rhythmically. It is beautiful music and revolutionary in its use of these traditionally melodic instruments to emphasize rhythm, but it is a 100% black understanding of music.

youtube.com/watch?v=_CI-0E_jses

Glenn Miller playing jazz. It is certainly rhythmic - jazz is an inherently rhythmic music - but the emphasis is on the catchy melody. He is using the instruments in a way fundamentally different from Coltrane even though they are playing the same general kind of music.

When you hear pop music today with heavy drums and an emphasis on rhythm, even when it's sung by a white person, it is black music. It is meant to appeal to black people.

Melody is the soul of white people. Rhythm is the soul of black people.

But why does this matter?

The music in pop culture and the radio is largely dominated by music that places the largest emphasis on rhythmic music. There's a place for both kinds of music, rhythmic and melodic, but ultimately, the rhythmic music played on the radio is meant to appeal to blacks and alienate whites from their own innate understanding and feelings towards music. You are meant to be disassociated from your innate preferences - preferences you may not have even realized you had - that have manifested themselves in the music of Europe for all of history. This is intentional. I work in the industry. I hear the conversations. I know.

I hope you've found this interesting!

Attached: taytay.jpg (260x194, 7K)

Blacks use "nigger, nigger, nigger nigger" in their music. Whites don't.

I "work in music" too... and you've got a long way to go kiddo.

When grown ups study ethnomusicology they are concerned with "function." The reason you see "rhythm based" music disseminated more widely than fucking Greensleeves is because kids want to go out and *dance* to music in the club. That's why it makes money, and Greensleeves doesn't.

Do you know why there is such an emphasis on pulse based music in night clubs? What other activity can you think of that is pulse based??? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Snopes out faggot

Attached: 1520640155909.gif (320x240, 1.13M)

I think you might be onto something.
All the nigs in my dorm building play really loud obnoxious rap music.
None of the songs have any sort of tune, just a beat and shitty lyrics slapped on top.

I personally like orchestra music with a tune. If a song can't be hummed, it's not music.
youtube.com/watch?v=n-Dh3ftkRAs

Attached: 1518409155500.jpg (600x600, 84K)

Why do I want to listen to some faggot with a guitar?

I prefer this if it for rhythm for Whites. If I am in a club with other Whites when we win, I want it to still have something about it besides just a guitar. There is a time and place for music in all environments for us.

youtube.com/watch?v=djckIo93fVc

Attached: d36f197c09039455abe34828bb70dc78.jpg (736x490, 28K)

I'd say white music focus on lyricism

Of course people want to dance and fuck! I think you're misunderstanding the purpose of this topic. It is not to lament that people don't play Greensleeves in the club. Look at the jazz example in the second post. It is about the differences in the way that blacks and whites use melody and rhythm even when playing the same kinds of music. Rhythm is something fundamental to the soul of blacks, and melody is something fundamental to the soul of whites. This is something that is apparent throughout the histories of both peoples, and today.

Attached: Harvey+Weinstein+Taylor+Swift+One+Chance+Premieres+NRvmQhIQ_BMl.jpg (395x594, 69K)

>music, a thing designed to connect with GOD, is now centered around slamming up against random whores in clubs and fucking said whores back at your studio apartment
you need to be fucking shot, kike.

Attached: 9fe6b251abcf74d18df77c386e61bf2a.gif (540x250, 2.68M)

Attached: 1477676899088.jpg (750x910, 171K)

harvey no

Huh. Thanks user, I had never realized this. Is that why you get these seemingly out of nowhere hits, because they are tapping into white's preference for melody? I'm thinking of something like Owl City's 'Fireflies'
youtube.com/watch?v=psuRGfAaju4

Attached: 15009657353.jpg (1095x456, 113K)

Tfw you have to have music playing so you can fuck properly

Attached: B671DC45-F95A-4963-8A75-8BAA6842407D.png (231x218, 4K)

This is the whitest music I found...

youtube.com/watch?v=JhOhGhq0e54

All Too Well by Taylor Swift has no chorus, its just a narrative where she tells a story but its built so perfectly

Amazing

>Black music focuses on percussive and Rythmic themes.

Then whitey comes along and BYTFO

Attached: MESHUGGAH-2016-COVER-RGB_NoLogo_2000w.png (2000x2000, 1.15M)

Yeah it's definitely true what you're saying but it's not some racist conspiracy. It has a lot to do with the fact that "whites" usually refers to the English/European practice of dominating subjects with texts literacy, and codification. For example... the whole concept of "melody" in the Western sense basically requires a moderate understanding of the way music is "written down" in the Western sense (so music "literacy").

"Blacks," but also other indigenous musics around the world put an emphasis on rhythm (as well as call and answer, and pentatonic scales) because that music is generally not codified in the same way... instead it is *Transmitted Orally* --without need for text or literacy.

Attached: theoryblackboard-3.jpg (900x540, 40K)

You are right OP and this is why baroque is the high point of music, as counterpoint is basically just even more melodies intertwining in complex ways.

Later classical movement away from complex melodies to nuanced less complex melodies pushes it more towards the slavic and jewish kinds of music, which are melodic but not complex.

Attached: 510498852_taylor-swift-kendrick-lamar-zoom-9d1bad27-f9f7-489d-840e-48978cc67673.jpg (2000x1658, 3.73M)

Attached: kendrick-lamar-taylor-swift-hug-ftr.jpg (600x313, 115K)

Attached: selena-gomez-kendrick-lamar-and-taylor-swift-the-58th-grammy-awards-backstage-and-audience.jpg (768x512, 59K)

Another example is "white music" tends to be more repertoire based and "black music" tends to be more improvisation based.

Or white music is product oriented... black music is process oriented... whatever.

>baroque music is the best music ever nobody appreciates it
holy fuck kill yourself faggot

It is not a conspiracy. It is an observation. I also think that hip hop, jazz, blues, doo wop, trap and pop music are far beyond the point of being indigenous music. The point is that this tendency, the white preference for music that places a greater emphasis on melody and the black preference for music that places a greater emphasis on rhythm, manifests regardless of time period, regardless of genre. It is interesting, and something to think about.

Imagine how mad this nigglet were when he realized he lost to a white woman

Attached: kendrick-lamar-taylor-swift-bad-blood-2015-billboard-650.jpg (650x430, 48K)

?

Attached: bad-blood-taylor-swift-kendrick-lamar.jpg (603x315, 21K)

I think part of the root of your findings is how people want their music to influence them. If you are an attention seeking person you will likely make music that brings attention to you. All bangers are just talking about sex drugs and fucking with a sick beat behind them. They want the spotlight. They want everyone having a good time because of them. Whereas someone that want you to go on a journey when you listen to their music will focus heavily on chord progression so as to convey their intended mood and perception of the world. I don’t think it inherently based on race but by the kind of people they are at their core. You can argue that large groups of one ethnicity or another tend to fit a stereotype but there are obviously exception. My example would be jimmy Hendrix. He was a god on the guitar. His music is damn near impossible to play the way he does. As a guitarist the last 20 or so years he is someone I always looked up to. Music is great and it is a powerful tool. This is a cool thread. OP wasn’t a faggot today. Weird.

Taylor Swift won the grammys AOTY over him

:0

Attached: t_taylor_swift12.jpg (200x300, 22K)

Interesting, cheers OP

>White preference for music that places greater emphasis on melody
You have no idea what you're talking about you virgin nigger... you think it's all black people driving the sales of "black music?" and they're the ones responsible for it being all over the radio and the streams? It's all white people dude. White girls love to listen to cucked music like Justin Timberlake and Drake and shit. If you don't know this you have literally not fucked a girl.

The "black music" is so widely disseminated by the mainstream media (i.e. labels, radio, streams) because (((they))) know that;s what white people will buy! It's been this way since black people were sitting at the back of the bus, but white people were still selling out fucking cab calloway records.

Attached: GTFOdenzel.gif (400x270, 324K)

youtube.com/watch?v=rziP0xhHj1k

Attached: 1521396849591.jpg (951x1024, 139K)

White music is made by cuckolds! White women don't wan't love, they want a big black cock stretching her pussy. This is why they like black music more.

Attached: 829.png (680x850, 570K)

Yea Ik. I was very happy to find out.

The fact that blacks have a poor sense of melody compared to whites is old news.

Besides having a good feeling of rhythm they aren't very good at music overall. Just look at the movie composers: they are all white. Even the wakanda movie was composed by a white person.

Attached: we wuz composers.jpg (715x402, 47K)

>When you hear pop music today with heavy drums and an emphasis on rhythm, even when it's sung by a white person, it is black music. It is meant to appeal to black people.
This is also applicable to language OP. There's a reason blacks speak English the way they do, it mirrors the structure of the tongues native to Africa, they don't naturally have the same abstractions that you find in indo-Euro, Latin, and asiatic based languages.

Attached: TheNatureofTheNegro.jpg (1244x2880, 1.28M)

>The reason you see "rhythm based" music disseminated more widely than fucking Greensleeves is because kids want to go out and *dance* to music in the club.

This must be limited to North America. European clubs haven't played pop songs for over 30 years now. It's all EDM and all incredibly white.

youtu.be/1wzyVGRttCo

As a result the music on radio isn't too blacked here. Just last year there were complaints that most of the songs on the radio were by white males.

Attached: sensation.jpg (1920x1080, 479K)

I don't understand how they can tolerate it. At least there are even some rappers who complain about it all sounding like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=kMRkxidQO-M

What I don't get is why is this seeping into pop music. For all the praise Taylor Swift gets on here, I went and listened to some of her music and even she's singing like this. It sounds ugly.

Yet OP's definition of "black music" is rhythm based music... the EDM music you describe doesn't seem to fit eh? "EDM" by the way, has origins in black music anyways (i.e. "dub" music from 10+ years ago

Attached: 18157702_10155302129206584_3779421424680893296_n.jpg (480x480, 15K)

Why the fuck won't the cunt in the first video ever shut up so I can actually fucking listen?

Black Jazz is the reason I thought I didn't love Jazz. I love Glenn Miller.

>
>?

I heard a version where swift spit over where Lamar was suppose to be, she was good, I was impressed but I was trying to focus on her lyrics and I couldn't catch all of them :) I sent a letter to Nashville, I tell all these women I like, public figures and really just like every woman.. I fuck with them and say they are my wife they don't know what to think... some know I'm just kidding in a weird bitch have my kid right now kinda way!!!- lol And this is just so if my wife Taylor hears that, she doesn't feel left out and knows she's the best... It's fun. Haha Taylor can rap!!! Abd she's funny in her latest video... And she's my wife....yaherd.meeeeayyyyy!!! action!

Attached: 006tay.jpg (1200x801, 444K)

White Music: youtube.com/watch?v=UTuNRW8Zens

Black Music: youtube.com/watch?v=Bm5iA4Zupek

One takes talent to make, with actual instruments, and vocals (no computer generated crap) with meaningful lyrics.

The other is just some guy talking fast with his voice auto tuned, to a computer generated basic beat.

Personally I prefer beats and rhythm and I'm white. Maybe I'm black at heart.

It means you have a low IQ, like a Nigger...

This is real white music
youtube.com/watch?v=iuZ08XylFFg

>The music in pop culture and the radio is largely dominated by music that places the largest emphasis on rhythmic music. There's a place for both kinds of music, rhythmic and melodic, but ultimately, the rhythmic music played on the radio is meant to appeal to blacks and alienate whites from their own innate understanding and feelings towards music. You are meant to be disassociated from your innate preferences - preferences you may not have even realized you had - that have manifested themselves in the music of Europe for all of history. This is intentional. I work in the industry. I hear the conversations. I know.

So all of this is pretty obvious to anyone paying attention. What do we do about it?

>I hope you've found this interesting!

You cryptic motherfucker. You tell us you "hear the conversations," and then you fuck off?

Describe the conversations. Give us names. Give us content. Why did you bother coming here?

It's probably money, though. Blacks spend more money because they have less foresight. Black music makes more money. Appealing to them is destroying our culture.

Attached: 1516246817248.png (1317x1652, 425K)

It's all a degeneration starting with the introduction of the negro sound via jazz.

Hold my beer....

youtube.com/watch?v=k-_lQ1UQoyU

lol this is virgin music

When you been up all night trying to get lucky but you don't.... You find some feels and realize that the song you did with that hasselhoff looking dude was off and "when you was walking around acting like you vlasting a bitchs back out with the big divk symbolism" had actually corrupted society on a major fucked up way and yeah.. So you cry about it cuz your a decent guy add have feelings add you get it now...

Attached: 617141fa1c41e25077f4b0a38372dffc.jpg (575x325, 52K)

Hey.. Thats pretty good!

>I've written more than a thousand songs, some of which get played on the radio
Nope. Leave.

Chad's listen to this

youtube.com/watch?v=JFYVcz7h3o0

If it doesn't scare the crap out of the Negros, then it's not worth listening to lol

Keep telling yourself that while you listen to that supposedly "alpha" music of yours.

Attached: flat,800x680,075,t.jpg (800x680, 108K)

>Amon amarth
Approved!

if it's rock, metal, folk, classical, or (dark) country. I'll listen to it, I've got well over 300 bands on my nappster.

youtube.com/watch?v=rMnXhAFW0vc

Check out this video from SLIGHT up in the studio. Absolutely filthy little freestyle.

Attached: image.jpg (750x750, 429K)

Im pure metalhead (folk metal included). Next thing is classical but not even close.

twitter.com/slightbeats/status/975977094726299649

Forgot to post the video.

Attached: image.jpg (459x459, 122K)

>the EDM music you describe doesn't seem to fit eh?
Isn't that the point? Even when whites make rhythm based music to dance on, it is still much more melodic and complex than black music.

youtube.com/watch?v=Aw3c6rr8-mU

> "EDM" by the way, has origins in black music anyways
Blacks used to be considered cool so everyone claimed their white music was actually black. Look at rock.
EDM is almost completely non-black and has always been this way.

Attached: edm.jpg (1800x1200, 681K)

>EDM has origins in black music
WE WUZ THEREMINS N' SHIEEET

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_music

>EDM is purely rhythm based
Wrong again. Like jazz there are also examples of "White" EDM and "Black" EDM (Most notably: Trap)

youtube.com/watch?v=hZZVi_Vi6g4

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 2.43.13 PM.png (1087x629, 389K)

Metal is primarily what I listen to, then Folk. Folk Metal is my favorite genre as it combines the two.

youtube.com/watch?v=qz8EfkS4KK0

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7D4cKieSk8

youtube.com/watch?v=IfLqsNRkBIo

Listen from 3:00

Attached: huh huh.gif (200x200, 1.33M)

It is interesting. The way people approach learning rhythms is also a key to understanding the difference between the rhythmic and the melodic/harmonic spheres. As a music student in the past I noticed myself and other white students having to learn to conceptualize rhythms physically as opposed to abstractly. This is obvious in a sense, but in another sense it is not. Harmony and melody (which entails development and thematic direction as opposed to repetition) cannot be learned physically, one must learn the abstract concepts that govern their rules or tonality inorder to master their advanced operations. However, when learning a new rhythm for dictation for instance, it is more beneficial to internalize the rhythm physically (foot tapping, clapping etc.) before even considering the abstract principles of orientating the rhythms into musical notation (a set of symbols not found in african music). A musical culture that defines itself in purely repetitive rhythmic terms, where even pitch and singing are thought of rhythmically, I think can be thought of as existing on a physical level alone. Of course Indian music and Gamelan Indonesian music abstract rhythm into their most advanced workings and mathematical potential. But African music is largely repetitive, and even when they are, by our standards, doing something incredibly complex rhythmically, they are largely unaware of what constitutes the music in as a rational/abstract representation. It is just the way they do it.
1/2

Polyphonic music on the other hand represents a break through in understanding and creating rational abstractions of the elements of sound which work by their inherent scientific principles. Our understanding of the physics of sound didn't come for free, they extend far back into the research of the Greeks and the perfection of the European mathematicians. The organ, the keyboard tuning systems, musical notation were inventions inspired by mathematical and physical breakthroughs that allowed us to explore the sound world which is living mathematics operating in realtime.
The problem with whites is that we take these amazing inventions for "old hat" passing fades. What other culture has broken through so many diverse musical styles and revolutions as the white people Medieval/Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Avantgarde, Minimalism, and the thousand other isms? The whites have given up on their past accomplishments for the pursuit of novelty. That novely seeking is our undoing, because culture isn't about unending newness, its about shared foundations and preservation of a way of eternal life. Well, we have no more progressing to do musically. Sound is a physical and limited aspect of nature. And we've exhausted most of the novelty derived there-in.
Our people are now content to abandon our cultural development and novelty seeking to the other races. The music of the Black man really is new, because it is so foreign to us and completely alien in its goals. But it is fresh and exciting to most. And that's why were dead. We don't care for tomorrow and the unending truth, but we rather prize the impermanent glow of a superficial spark. We live in a culture obsessed with death.
2/2

Native Americans from north and south America emphasized percussion and Asians had a mix of both. We could have done without Africa desu.

Thanks for the food for thought, OP. Was one of the better threads on Sup Forums this morning.

Oh look its that abdullah again

Attached: 1511977414761.jpg (622x735, 96K)

>I'm a professional musician
>all blues has the same melody and chord progression.

You truly out retarded yourself here. I am proud

is this nigger 5'1?

>
>
>Chad's listen to this
>
>youtube.com/watch?v=JFYVcz7h3o0
>
>If it doesn't scare the crap out of the Negros, then it's not worth listening to lol

They think it's shit just like I think it's kinda shit and I'm white, I have friends who play metal and It's ok but it's kind a retarded "art form" of you ask me... Just how about 98% of rap is a shit "art form" by design... They get paid to make their culture shit... And others in the process... But they still love it and accept it in similar to how goth culture is... Metal music might scare young black kids idk... I don't think they are scared.. Just like.. Well I think rap does actually scare most whites. When some loud ass black dude starts swaying in agas station and I don't act like I'm scared.. Sometimes they can tell that your white and your not scared and you can notice their thought process "why the fuck doesnt this.white dude act shined down funny he know I'm black add I'm.acting ghetto.." Lol that's a real thing

Attached: pops.jpg (599x593, 54K)

Pretty much truth. Thank you for posting. The only part you missed is that people motivated by making money generally make shit music.

White music = product-oriented
Black music = process-oriented

youtube.com/watch?v=tuOywCnKNmE

I bet you're real fun at social events. Fuck off, autist.

>I've written more than a thousand songs, some of which get played on the radio
What's the secret to making a living with music, user?

You are quite wrong my friend.
youtube.com/watch?v=0MgTgDGp_-M

Nigger, your argument is weak as fuck. Jazz, in its primitive form when it was still mostly a nigger thing, is all about chord progression and melody, due to improvisation. Harmony might have been simpler, but the focus was all about melody. There was no rhythm there.

And then you have metal. Probably the whitest of all genres, loved by the people of Scandianvia and northern europe. Metal is all about rhythm, with a basic harmony for most cases.

Manowar is such a meme band, it's very popular but 90% of their songs are garbage.
youtube.com/watch?v=ad6FBb4lZIE
youtube.com/watch?v=f19lYFZ381I
Here is same kind of music I used to listen long time ago and it's million times better melodic power metal or whatever that genre is.

>There's a place for both kinds of music, rhythmic and melodic, but ultimately, the rhythmic music played on the radio is meant to appeal to blacks and alienate whites from their own innate understanding and feelings towards music.
I think it is worth mentioning that rap really started to dominate the airwaves after Bill Clinton allowed (((Clear Channel))) to have a monopoly over all the radio stations and concert venues.

It's not a coincidence that we've been bombarded with rap since the 90s.

What if we compared African or Middle Eastern folk to Nordic? What do you think the difference is here?
youtu.be/QRg_8NNPTD8

I listen to ensiferum too but manowar is popular for a reason bro.

Attached: IsKanyeGod.jpg (400x560, 56K)

>This is intentional. I work in the industry. I hear the conversations. I know.
I'm certain it's intentional but what can you tell us about these (((conversations)))?

>clubbing
>social event

Lower class scum

I love live for the kill by Amon amarth. The violin or whatever it is is beautiful. Sabaton, Amon amarth, powerwolf, my go to bands for lifting.

Chicago House... Detroit Techno... Dance music originated in Chicago and Detroit. The dance music legends are people like Frankie Knuckles and Robert Hood and the Belleville Three. Dance music only recently became white when it moved to Europe in the late 80s/ early 90s.

EDM isn't like black music at all and the rhythm is NOT the primary focus of EDM. It's melody and harmony.

Attached: Chance-Rapper.jpg (640x640, 62K)

makes sense OP.

What do you make of this style of guitar?

youtube.com/watch?v=XUrugDn2g6s

>blacks focus on music with melody
Kinda true but you always get outliers. You’d think this was white music.
youtu.be/95hZTEOsTpQ

LMAO
itt: non musicians become experts in music

It's interesting that in hip hop people have a sense of black and white rap even if the artist is black. Someone like Masta Ace (lyrical, intelligent, conceptual albums, diverse beats) is considered white rap by a lot of people.

>soyniggercore

omg look two celebrities taking a picture together how will i ever recover