Macron launches global campaign to promote French speaking

archive.is/rYpeC

President has said French could be ‘the number-one language in Africa ... and maybe even the world’

> The president will announce what the Elysée says is a unique government-funded programme to boost “learning, communication and creation” in French.

> Macron’s crusade is not confined to the club of French-speaking countries, known as la Francophonie – many of them in Africa – but across the globe.

> A number of acclaimed writers in French have criticised Macron’s linguistic crusade as imperialist and out of touch. Last month, Alain Mabanckou, the prize-winning Congolese writer, told the Guardian la Francophonie had become an instrument of French imperialism propping up African dictators.

> Mabanckou argued that the world club of French-speaking countries was “still defined by France, from a diplomatic point of view” as a continuation of hazy, old foreign policy ideas and a way of “sustaining French imperialism”.

> In an open letter to Macron, Mabanckou wrote: “Unfortunately, la Francophonie is still seen as a continuation of France’s foreign policy in its former colonies. Rethinking Francophonie is not just ‘protecting’ the French language.”

Attached: 5802.jpg (1225x735, 61K)

French have bought into a bunch of bullshit.
They think that French Speaking == French.
That's why they're up to their ass in Moroccans who want to kill them or make them slaves. .

Francophonie, the promotion of French language has always been a thing, it has nothing to do with Macron. It's often used as a front to promote Francafrique, French interests in Africa. On the upside it means France finances things like libraries abroad and such, there used to be a very nice one in Abidjan.

>They think that French Speaking == French
Nobody thinks that though.

And it has always failed.
Who even speaks french besides frogs and a handful of really faggy canadians? Some random nogs with nothing to say?

English should be promoted as the one universal language, its already halfway there.

Attached: 1516156049468.jpg (1200x644, 117K)

anyone have the word list that lists english/french words which are exactly the same? i think the number was around 2000 words

Attached: 1499995380598.jpg (990x660, 121K)

>And it has always failed.
Harsh. I wouldn't say it has. French is the Lingua Franca in much of Africa and it does make business easier to some degree.

France also has a number of Lycee Francais (French High Schools) abroad. It's mostly a matter of prestige and a bit deluded at this point but who cares.

I agree English is a more practical language, it's easier to learn but why wouldn't you promote your own language and culture if you can afford to?

sheep/mutton
pig/porc
cow/beef
If you can eat it, it comes from French thanks to the Normans that owned the place.

the more languages the better you ignorant mutt

So why don't you do anything about invaders occupying big parts of your country?

Looks like De Gaulle is back and so is colonialism. This will end well just like Vietnam right?

We're trying but our and ruling class and their neocommie apparatchiks are too entrenched and involved in this globalist kikery to get traction.

On the upside, the FN - even if it's far from perfect - broke the records in the last elections and Generation Identitaire is doing a lot of things right. We also have small but strong and motivated traditionalist catholic and royalist communities.

35% of English words are French

Fucking STOP. It's annoying enough living in Quebec with all their language protection laws now some faggot wannabe Napoleon is backing it.

speaking french=fag

I am so embarrassed I was anti-Macron

HAIL JUPITER

I'm a pretty intelligent guy and I spent 5 years learning it at school yet my knowledge right now, at 23, is 0.

How are they gonna expect some rural Africans to learn it lol.

It sure as hell wasnt Macron's idea

Attached: bog alert.jpg (480x360, 27K)

If you don't improve you knowledge of French Nigel, it makes you lower than a nigger

>living in Quebec
you have to go back

Nobody thinks that -literally-, but language WAS the foremost indicator of race before the advent of conclusive DNA tests, and until backwards savages destroyed the control in these tests, it was also thought that language was culture, and that those who spoke, for instance, Greek, were Greek, and those who did not were not "black" or "brown," but simply barbarians. Read "Race & Language," a 70 page essay by historian Edward Augustus Freeman.

Interpretation : Macron is shit scared of the french language becoming obsolete

Lol Its take more then 300 yer for English to become a general language in world. So its just politics shit

A Rome fais comme les romains.

based jupiter making the eternal ennemies of france scared

At this point, I wouldn't mind if it became an obscure European dialect like Finnish, that way no shitskin would want to move there. Universalism is overrated.

why does french sound so ass backwards? i mean english/spanish, german/dutch etc any other language who uses the roman alphabet all follow a basic guideline but french is just so fucking strange. like the spoken word sounds like they are throwing up and the spelling of their words are so gratuitous, fantastical, and unnessesary