Bullet trains are the futur-

>Bullet trains are the futur-

Attached: 8NHUnKd.png (675x635, 496K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/12/28/nyregion/new-york-subway-construction-costs.html
archive.is/LjqsP
latimes.com/local/california/la-me-bullet-train-cost-overrun-20180116-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>California.
>Doing anything right.

They're great if fucking idiots like commiefornians aren't building and maintaining them.

Unions make it worse

nytimes.com/2017/12/28/nyregion/new-york-subway-construction-costs.html

archive.is/LjqsP

no way the cost is almost 100 billion. Must be a mistake

Diversity and Latin American incompetence and corruption build great bridges and tunnels

Attached: 1521472116010.jpg (1320x1016, 424K)

It's also going to be slower and the tickets are going to cost more.
Planes are faster and likely cheaper if you book your ticket at a good time.

Probably cost them a bundle to track down the one semi-fluide transgendered muslime Eskimo with the right degree to make up the quota for the team.

Attached: 1519944368873.png (404x656, 18K)

>Hire Mexicans.
>Pay a premium.
>Get Mexican labour for premium costs.
BUT THE MONEY WAS SUPPOSED TO MAKE THEM WORK HARDER!

No, just the normal California corruption.

Costs tend to spiral when the government insists at gun point you need to hire the least qualified individuals based upon their skin color and genitals.

Not bullet train fault that Californians are braindead and love getting raped by their corrupt representation

lolololol this shit was originally touted as only costing $6 billion

latimes.com/local/california/la-me-bullet-train-cost-overrun-20180116-story.html

I hope Trump puts this state out of its misery

>WHY WONT YOU BRAINLET FUCKS JUST LISTEN TO ME AAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: OurElon2.jpg (960x480, 42K)

>I hope Trump puts this state out of its misery
President Trump to build wall on U.S.-Mexico border, pull funding from ‘sanctuary cities’

Why doesn't he just prosecute sanctuary cities? I thought states rights died with the Confederates.

just to put this in perspective, this project is now 1500% over budget

because the state will just ignore the fed

i swear this project is 2 billion more expensive every day

how the fuck is CA still afloat? This state is going to implode hard

>how the fuck is CA still afloat?
by taxing the white middle class

Attached: 1517192369952.gif (800x371, 68K)

and apparently they are fleeing the state in record numbers

>98 billion for that

You could fund a fucking space program with an accompanying Mars mission and asteroid mining facility and still have enough to cure cancer by the end of it.

This isn't even funny, who are the dumbfucks in charge of this because I bet they think they're morally superior to everybody as well.

Attached: 1504472524981.jpg (456x337, 120K)

like they care
they will just raise the taxes even more to compensate

Then you send in the National Guard and impeach judges.

Looks like this train will bite the bullet.

disregard that, I suck cocks

OP's estimate is for the entire track, while the report I cited is *just* for the shitty segment running from fucking Bakersfield to Fresno

it's "only" 165% over budget, currently

So?

98 billion ain't that much considered how much money California makes.

>Any excuse to not do things.

>California trying to be like Japan and have trains everywhere
LOL. Dumb californians.

>something that will never happen
weed is still illegal on a federal level
states don't care

>Destroy the little what is left from mother nature
>Pay ticket 1000€

fug yea

Attached: 1513483360097.jpg (467x447, 45K)

>Sold a glorified tiki torch for $500 because it looks so sci-fi
>Doesn't even reach up to 10 feet in distance
Pretty lame honestly.

they're going to turn around and try to tax there "undocumented Immigrants" and realize LOL THEY ARE UNDOCUMENTED WE CAN'T FIND THEM

and then the rest of the 49 states march in and kill everyone on sight

>Be $462,000,000,000 in debt
>Have 10% of the population on foodstamps
>Have a spending defific of $140,000,000,000
Lets make a $100,000,000,000 train!

Attached: Yea.jpg (598x558, 86K)

You need Chinese-style property and worker rights in order for any kind of mass infrastructure project to be viable. Our society as it is today is no longer conductive toward improvements of this kind; it's a fruitless endeavor.

>defific
woaw, I pulled a Covfefe

>taking advantage of your normie followers obsession with everything you do
pretty smart 2bh

HAHAHA, more like the bullet in the head.

Attached: American businessman bullet in the head suicide phone call.jpg (1300x861, 130K)

FPBP

I love seeing california fail.
100 billion dollars for a train.

This article was clearly paid for by Elon Musk since he’s developing lots of cost effective tunneling drills that are supposed to reduce costs by a magnitude of 10 because his borers have a reduced diameter and a built in two-lane system, allowing for tunneling and matter removal to occur in parallel instead of in staged approaches.

I do irrigation work in the Bay Area and the government is concerned with this bullet train because it'll brings jobs to LA and SF even though we're in a fucking drought and will be in a drought for years to come. This state never learns.
"It rained a lot last year so a drought will never happen again! "

Jesus fucking christ the absolute state of american infrastructure. They have MUH HIGHEST GDP so itll be alright!

They just need to import 100 more Latinos and they can pay with tickets in 20 years if everything goes right.

MFW they secede.

Attached: riker smiiles.gif (250x250, 1.95M)

fucking meme trains. art galleries on a colossal scale.
it's just a feeding frenzy of corruption every time anything gets built anywhere.

*100 million more

>last week the cost went up from $66 billion to $78 billion
>now it's officially at $98 billion

I hate living in this shithole state so much.

Attached: Stu loses control of his life.jpg (559x568, 23K)

The difference is that enforcing weed laws is the purview of the Judicial branch.

Enforcing immigration laws and commanding the Armed Forces is the purview of the EXECUTIVE branch.

Trump has the power to do this, and only an act by the Supreme Court could stop him.

Every construction project is a potential corruption project in capitalism, this is why you need good supervisors. Government and deal makers are all too happy to have their percentage shares from the project. Not even important if the project is needed.

Diversity is strength, maybe you need to get more illegal immigrants into California to be even stronger.

>Bullet trains
>earthquake land

they ain't smart like japan, nippon steel is unbreakable

I know what the fuck happened to all that cheap labor they were touting, or can those worthless mexicans legitimately only pick avocados.

Lol here in the Central Valley we them the Jerry Brown Stonehenge, from what I hear its not even going to be high speed compared to what Europe and Japan has, fucking Moonbeam is taking a shit on this great state

Cali is like rich n shit, they can afford it.

The entire cost of the F-22 Raptor program was $62 billion and the program was shut down because it was too expensive.

But somehow this rail line that no body wants or needs deserves $100 billion dollars.

The unit cost of a Gerald Ford class aircraft carrier is only $10.4 billion.

It makes you wonder how many pockets are being lined from this fiasco. Don't Feinstein and Boxer have husbands/relatives that are receiving gargantuan amounts of money for this project?

that what happens when you cant stay on track with a budget plan.

Calianon here, this bullet train shit it's fucking destroying us, they won't fix potholes or infanstructure damage because all the money is gone to this stupid train

And they cry about the wall. This fucking train is a huge scam. I argued with a couple of lefty faggots hiding out in China from their student loan debt about this charade, they kept harping on and on about how public transportation is life. I told them Feinstein's husband's construction firm got the contract for this debacle train to no where. They had no idea, they shut up pretty quickly about it after that.

Don't overthink it, just take in all of Mexico

Gee I wonder who proposed this train and who got the contract hmmm
Trump hurry

> or can those worthless mexicans legitimately only pick avocados.

Hell, the Big AG guys had to start an awareness campaign because the illegals weren't drinking enough water and started to drop dead from heat exhaustion last summer, that's what happens when you have a population of people who can't (and don't want to) unionize!

California needs illegals so the people on welfare can afford avocado toast.

That's not a flamethrower.
THIS is a flamethrower.

Attached: Apartment cleaning equipment for culturally enriched areas.jpg (1406x810, 189K)

Drone cars are the futur-

Attached: 1520905317386.jpg (1024x768, 170K)

The avacado thing isn't even a fucking joke, literally everyone I know loves the thing and they talk about it at least once a day.
Also, I work in a grocery store and we have to order extra avacados because people buy them up like it's the end of the world

>Japan doesn't have earthquakes

the problem in CA is that we have really active faults that move a ton regardless of whether there's an earthquake or not. our plate boundary is not a subduction fault like it is in grorious nippon, that shit is on the surface.

Attached: plate_tectonics_erased2.png (792x588, 888K)

Shinkansen, the Japanese bullet train cost was under 4 billion in US dollars and they need it daily.

no ones gonna use it it's gonna be a big boondoggle.

Mexico levels of corruption

California is being ruined by Democrats, can you wonder why Northern and Central California want to split?

>the Japanese bullet train cost was under 4 billion in US dollars and they need it daily.

I should have put more effort into my post, the joke was japan made one for significantly less but it is able to survive earthquakes because of japans strong building codes. The US one will likely cost 25x more, never get finished, and break to do cutting corners in an attempt to save a dime

I guess they should have taken Elon up on his offer.

Hard to do anything right when you have levels of corruption that make NJ look clean.

NYC is a special hell where public agencies, unions, and filthy rich NIMBYs fight each other with sky rocketing project costs as collateral damage.

You think your going to fly in 5k Chinese construction workers and they'll give a shit about local code and safety? Good luck.

Attached: 1420917845039.jpg (241x167, 6K)

how the fuck do you jack 99 billion dollars

Japanese also predicted it to cost much less, but their final cost wasn't even 4 billion. Japanese use trains to go to work, USA is more of a car nation.

>a large butatne lighter
>flame only extends 4 inches

>japan
>less is more
>USA
>more is less

Is like whole a country budget, fugg 1/4 budget in my country...

This was a giant boondoggle from the start. Some well connected contractors got very rich.

cali already requires that extra earthquake certification to be a civil engineer. they have the codes but they also have a more corrupt government

Elon is a welfare queen who lives on government subsidies.

10 years ago this was promised to the tax payers at $9 billion.
They won't cancel it because we "voted" for it.
Fuck this state.

Attached: 1489451196830.png (512x628, 124K)

this is like 7 aircraft carriers

Nobody could have seen this coming.

You’re right. After California gets done with it, it will cost $200 billion.

I know you're being sarcastic.

I fucking hate how Northern and Central CA area chained to LA and the Bay, Northern CA moreso. Here in CenCal the Big AG tend to play ball with ballSacTown so that they can keep their cheap labor while pretending to be conservative as to not piss of the local population.

You saw how quick a lot of Central CA counties jumped on New California? They want that sweet, sweet Northern CA water dude and you can bet that they'll lobby to keep their illegal avocado pickers so they don't have to actually pay American pickers an actual paycheck

this

>mexican style problems happen wherever mexicans migrate
>african style problems happen wherever africans migrate

it doesn't matter if it's los angeles or chicago/detroit, any left leaning city is doomed because cucked white liberals refuse to acknowledge that non-whites will ruin everything if you allow them in

Am I crazy, or is this significantly more than China's HSR network they have been building in the past couple of decades? I read a World Bank report that said they were looking at something like an average of let's say ¥90mn/km. That is ¥55mn/mi, which given how weak rmb is historically to the dollar we can guess is going to be a lot less in dollars even adjusted for inflation. That article says California's train is at $155mn/mi. I don't know the numbers on the Japanese lines, but I'm pretty sure they weren't astronomically more expensive either.

How are they fucking up this bad?

If it works it's great, but American railways were always at brink of bankruptcy and merged many times to save the American railway industry, since Americans prefer cars and during WW2 trains had a bloom in USA, because they transported weapons, after that half-dead.

forget the mexicans. the fucking asians are buying the place up

But $60 Billion for a border wall is too expensive.

They aren't fucking up. They're getting very rich off tax payers.

Designated meth/cocaine/illegal smuggling trains.

>Ancap
>hating infrastructure
Everything in order here.

>98 billion
Give me something to relate to.

How much is that in f35 bucks?

>Building a $20 billion wall is too expensive
>Building a $98 billion bullet train is inexpensive

Attached: 1519953557624.jpg (413x395, 38K)

This is the most ancap project ever, big bonuses to organizers and planners.

The best part is that only feral niggers and spics will ride the train so it will never come close to turning a profit.