Has Isekai finally gone too far?

Has Isekai finally gone too far?

Why do nips keep buying this bullshit?

Because the first 10 chapters or so are really interesting. Then it all goes to shit. But some people get too invested to drop it and keep buying until it ends.

>it's a isekai
>it's set in a fantasy world
>but the MC doesn't come from another world
>he was born there
What do you guys think of my revolutionary idea?

Holy shit.

Hestia?

Then it's not isekai, retard.

Reminder that the so-called "isekai" genre has a long and well-regarded history in Western fantasy literature from the John Carter of Mars and Harold Shea series, through to Three Hearts and Three Lions and The Wizard Knight. Which is to say, there is nothing conceptually wrong with isekai.

That's the joke, user.

that is just normal fantasy though.

Basically this, any isekei worth giving a shrug usually front loads all its interesting story bits to hook viewers in the first volume. Which is why a bunch of them really start to suffer 30-40 chapters later, they either posture too long on what made them interesting or they just abandon what ever concepts that made them unique.

It's not even a genre; it's a setting.

A war between characters who were summoned and characters who were reincarnated.

Isekai isn't genre, it's more like subgenre of fantasy genre.

You never know people will take that seriously in the future. Just in case I post that.

Dude, you're, like, totally, blowing my mind right now. I've been bamboozled and caught completely off guard. Write more.

The real problem is most of it is too rooted in MMO dynamics and shounen power acceleration, which makes it come across as sappy wish fulfillment (which by itself makes sense when you think that the kind of power fantasy you get playing an MMO is the same as what you get out of reading any isekai).

I think Tower of God, which takes the MMO dynamics but plays them straight without really nodding to a conventional primary world to its secondary world, and Natsunokumo, which straight up is just a hyper-realistic MMO and shows its characters real lives as existent but unfulfilling, are pretty interesting. But neither is strictly isekai, and the former got ruined by monstrously slow plot development.

>it's not a genre, it's a subgenre

It's really both IMO.

Are we in the middle of an isekaipocalypse?
I think that the number of total isekai LNs/Manga exceed 100 this year.

the art for this chapter was really shit. Might have to drop.

Still not genre, it's still called fantasy but with isekai as the subgenre.
Saying isekai is genre is like saying VRMMO is genre too.

>isekai
>But MC comes from a SECOND fantasy world

That's why it's better to look at characters than how much the premise jumps out at you. The story can easily disappoint later but likable characters will probably stay likable.

Isekai about a fantasy guy coming to our world?

Maou Hajimekata

Nah, there is inherit problems with how webnovels work. These authors start to get official publications as their web novels gain popularity, they get reworked into light novels and then the creme that rises to the top get anime and manga adaptations.

Most of these web novel authors aren't much higher on the totem pole then fanfiction writers, what they write is extremely pandering and play around with interesting concepts and idea's but don't know how to capitalize on them in the long run. They know how to make a hook to get people's attention and get them to stick if they can manage to keep the readers invested.

>Isekei
>MC just ends up in a alternative version of Japan were Sega wins the console war.

>Vending Machine
Deconstruction...

>it's a isekai
>it's set in a fantasy world and our world
>but the MC's of both worlds don't transfer
>all the side characters change worlds instead because of truck/carriage-kun

Wrong timeline.

How about an isekai that's set in a fantasy world that happens to be really normal, and the MC actually was born there? Then he ends up having a job that's normal for that world (like a salaryman) and his adventures are socializing with friends and working hard at his job.

>isekai
>they summon a great hero from another world
>great hero is an actual great hero from a DIFFERENT fantasy world

I find in general that a pretty good rule for finding something halfway decent to read is to just click on a random chapter about 40-50 chapters in or so and see what is happening. If I can differentiate the characters by anything other than speech impediments and the chapter actually has some plot happening, I will random check another chapter or two, and if it continues to bear out I will go ahead and read it.

An isekai where the part-timer MC travels to the fantasy world and becomes a hero while he's asleep, but he's also a girl in the fantasy world.

The problem is that as you try harder and harder to make a good isekai plot,you just realize that you don't need isekai features at all.

This actually sounds phenomenal.

>great hero is actually the great villain from another fantasy world

And isekai where the main character is hit by a truck-kun and wakes up in another world except he's been bodyswapped with the truck and the truck is a girl.

>it's an isekai
>but the MC travels through many different fantasy worlds thanks to a dimentional traveling airship.
>the fantasy worlds are based in the worlds of
the Yggdrasill tree.
>the airship is called bifrost.
>insert plot here

>Western VN shit
>complains about Isekai
Yare yare.

>the rest of the story takes place from the perspective of the bodyswapped truck
>it can't resist its primal instinct to run people over
>one morning its running at full speed with bread in its mouth, crashes into love interest around a corner
>d-doushio

>all the victims of it crashing into its love interest become isekai in another fantasy world, where they are also trucks

>it's a isekai
>it's set in our world
>but the MC doesn't come from a fantasy world
>everyone else in our world change place with someone from the fantasy world

>it's isekai
>but the MC just thinks it's Halloween

They need to take isekai to the ultimate extreme, the MC is the only person in the entire story who isn't an overpowered reincarnated person from another world. They can call it something like "get the fuck out of my world you dirty neets".

>Isekai
>a Dragon died and reincarnated into a human
>kept his dragon memories
>Lamia waifu
Eh. It's comfy and I like the characters

>Isekai
>MC is sent to the future where all humans are completely integrated with the techonological super state.
>He is completely useless

I just want to see isekai in a cyperpunk world.

Not quite Samurai Jack, but every part of your post reminds me of it.

The only isekai worth shit were the older shoujo ones or josei-oriented like Twelve Kingdoms.

>isekai
>MC is the hero who must marry the princess
>MC's IRL little sister also isekai and is the princess

Civilization collapses as none of the fantasy world people understand technology that keep food distribution operating properly in time and massive starvation occurs. Aircraft fall out of the sky, fires start everywhere.

there's a homosex changalang web novel like that, except it's between brothers, and the older brother is trying to prevent the younger one from being homogay, without realizing that it's his actual homogay younger brother from his past life

It's just the current formula of
>Die
>Get reincarnated in a fantasy
>Have a bunch of JRPG powers for some reason

people are sick of

What was the name of that Isekai that has a female protagonist, and 80s looking art? I can't remember the name but someone posted pictures here of a badass looking centaur.

Picked up.

Curse Blood

>Roman emerges from manhole cover, in for wild night

it's been done already

>What is Red Storm

as long as it has good art and flow/paneling, it doesn't matter how much cliches it has, it'll be entertaining regardless.

Pic related even though the web novel (translation) is kinda lame.

>Din no Mushou translation is stalled
Fuck

>An aging footballer is hit by truck-kun
>He wakes up in the demon lord's castle
>He ends up leading their team into the underworld cup
>Will he finally get the glory he dreams of, or will he fail again at the last moment?
We'll call it Dungeon Messi

A massive disappointment, because I thought it was going to be ultra nationalistic commie propaganda, like GATE was to the JSDF

Thanks

>Fantasy world
>MC is a loser peasant who isn't growing enough crops so the other peasants laugh at him
>Gets ran over by a cart and dies
>Reincarnates on modern day earth
>Suddenly has master Excel skills
>Becomes a champion office worker, and attracts a harem of office ladies

...Let me guess, Japan has already done this and it's a light novel

How about an entire fantasy castle's worth of people reincarnating into modern day?

This is surprisingly good. Each of the japanese isekai's actually a sub hero to the MC who's born there.

Even the monster tamer who has a harem of transforming Dragon, Pegasus, Spider, and Bat Demon is only a side character whose meeting with four of them being out of frame.

What isekai are the trend lately? Haven't been keeping up, but I will now.

>have no idea what to do next
>edgy loli dragon
>perfect

i think japan is about to learn the pleasures of otome (tensei) isekai because the way female MCs are usually written will end up being very refreshing to the typical audience even if the female MC feels like a self-insert of the author

Thermae Romae

Otome isekai, but not in a good way.

More like EOP is about to learn otome isekai in the first place since otome isekai rarely gets translated to English. Japs already gets fed up with it because it's basically copy-paste isekai now.

Arethere any bara characters in isekai who dont job?

you. i like you

You know damn well what people are talking about when they shittalk isekai on Sup Forums.

WHY DO THEY HAVE THE SAME FUCKING HAIRSTYLE OVER AND OVER FUCKING AGAIN

Bell is that you?

I take it you haven't read the one where the guy is turned into a fetus and placed in inside of a succubus's vagina to save him then is birthed as the succubus's son who then wants to fuck him and gives the protagonist a list of monster to kill so she can bear his child?

arr rook same

a list of monsters*

Also check' em.

No, I've read it. He should have just banged her when he was a shota.

The art for this is really fucking bad

>Manhwa
>Expects commie propaganda

So many of these shits in syosetu.

The ride never ends

Why do you omit everything good about it? Like how he has a family harem and his mom is a milf

>extremely tall and bodybuilder is isekai'd into a fantasy world
>he doesn't have magical powers, but since every other creature lives in a medieval world with limited access to food and medicine, they're all thin and small, so he can kick all the asses he wants

How about an isekai that takes place in the wild west?

Because they're objectively F U N

I can already imagine MC spreading muh superior nippon culture to savage americans.

>MC watches a lot of isekai anime
>when he blacks out he's told he's gonna get transported to some other world
>imagines fighting dragons and shit
>gets thrown in a barren desert with a horse and some water
or something along those lines

That's really well said.

It's just a reaction image, autismo

THICC

I don't know about the wild west, but at least a setting different from traditional fantasy would be something

Army of Darkness is the best example
of isekai

That's not isekai, that's timetravel. Even poker night acknowledges this.

I have a better idea , it's a reverse isekai now listen before you blow me off as just some crazy guy listen to what i have to say, what if you have a character from a fantasy world be reborn in modern Japan and he has to adjust to living a boring ass life