O MY TIME STOPPING STAND

O MY TIME STOPPING STAND

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oR794_QBmug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh, good, I can finally ask this question.
So I'm watching Star Dust Crusaders while part 4 is airing, being a slowpoke when it comes to jumping onto trendy anime as usual.
Dio's ability to stop time is revealed.
It's pretty easy to tell that Jotaro is also going to get the power.
>Dio's stand has already been demonstrated to have the same ability as Joseph's stand. One can infer that Dio, for whatever reason, has a stand whose abilities are like those of the other Joestars.
>Dio's stand has the same body type as Star Platinum. No seriously, it's pretty easy to see.
>Stand is also of the hit very hard variety.
>I've already seen Star Platinum mysteriously develop an ability with Star Finger it's a asspull, but in an odd way over the long term, it basically justifies Stand's learning new abilities
>Jotaro literally can't fucking defeat Dio if he can't move in stopped time. It's fucking stopped time.
So how is something you can easily predict an asspull?
Maybe you can complain about how you find the Dio having similar powers to the Joestars being weird, or you can complain that Stands developing new abilities should have been foreshadowed better, but all in all with these things established, and they were, you get this as the expected outcome.
Additional Satisfying Narrative Aspects:
>The Joestars and Dio are heavily intertwined, so it's almost poetic to watch them fight with basically the same Stand.
>This also acted as a lead in to making Stand evolution more explict
The books in his clothes thing was dumb and out of nowhere though.

>Jotaro literally can't fucking defeat Dio if he can't move in stopped time. It's fucking stopped time.

I thought he would outsmart him like he did with the magnets; it's not an asspull but it does feel lazy.

I see. I guess for me the intrigue of the idea of people fighting in stopped time is cool enough that I'm okay with how it played it.
But if someone was able to make what you're saying work, it would definitely be god tier.

The time stop isn't the asspull. The true asspull is that somehow both Jotaro and DIO could just straight up fly during the fight. How does stopping time let you fly?

Jojo has never been well written.
It's been creatively written, but sometimes I swear Araki is just an actual overexcited 10 year old doing a manga that just casually learned to structure mysteries.

At least with Joseph the asspulls were funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=oR794_QBmug

Their stands grab them and throw them in the desired direction. Since the stand isn't affected by gravity or get left behind it's plausible.

came here to post this

Will this meme ever die?

This. I always thought that fight was weird because we’ve seen Jotaro take huge leaps before, but not outright fly across an entire city.

> One can infer that Dio, for whatever reason, has a stand whose abilities are like those of the other Joestars
>for whatever reason
Dude. 90% of Dio's body is a Joestar's. The World might as well be Johnathan's stand.

What do you think was the point of Darby the Gambler you fucking barinlet mongoloid?

STANDO POWA

Oh, clearly that's the conceit. I just don't even want to try to pick apart why being joined with a dead person's body would affect a creature that's part of your spiritual essence. It's one of those things that kinda make sense when I don't think about it hard and I leave it at that.

>implying spirit and body are separate
Oh user... You're smarter than this.

i thought they have the same stand ability because they're blood related , you know DIO had jonathan's body when he first got the stand and we've seen that blood related people have almost the same stand ability (darpii brothers/joseph and and his daughter i think )

but how can they grab them if they were busy punching each others

>Jojo has never been well written.
Phantom Blood was.

Stands are projection of souls. The body has nothing to do with it unless it's Jesus Christ

>Well written
>Jonathan was so one dimensional even araki said he was a mistake and Johnny was the closest to how he actually wanted Jonathan to portray because he actually had flaws
>whole series was just to streamline into the meat and potatoes that is stands making hamon and anything not speedwagon absolutely forgettable.

Ok.