What's your AOTY?

What's your AOTY?

aho

Yeah. You're really fucking stupid you banana loving retard. That shit isnt even close to the gum I stepped on. Just irritating and hard to forget.

Rakugo S2

You posted it.
Youjo Senki and Kekkai Sensen have been pretty fun and I'm in love with the Houseki no Kuni concept art and setting.

Maidragon the patrician choice

FAGirl

The following are the contenders for that title:
-Kemono Friends
-Little Witch Academia
-Sakurada Reset
-Tsuki ga Kirei
-Made in Abyss
-Mahoujin Guru Guru
-Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
-Inuyashiki
Bonus, counting second seasons: -Gintama
Any of the titles mentioned above are a correct answer, congratulations, have a nice day.

>Kemono Friends
>Sakurada Reset
>Tsuki ga Kirei
>Inuyashiki
Those are all shit.
You don't watch much anime, do you?

Made in Abyss, and I don't think anything this season will change that.

MUP DA DOO DIDDA PO MO GUB BIDDA BE DAT TUM MUHFUGEN BIX NOOD COF BIN DUB HO MUHFUGGA MUP DA DOO DIDDA PO MO GUB BIDDA BE DAT TUM MUHFUGEN BIX NOOD COF BIN DUB HO MUHFUGGA MUP DA DOO DIDDA PO MO GUB BIDDA BE DAT TUM MUHFUGEN BIX NOOD

Maidragon is a meme. It's completely forgettable and unfunny shit.

Should be pretty obvious
Maidragon is a close second desu
It's shit, manga is superior

Ballroom e Youkoso

Kemono FAGirls

I actually like the anime more.
I think that the extra senses; movement, giving the characters animation and noise, the voices and such give it an extra dimension, as well as the pacing that's rigid instead of requiring self-control when reading to absorb it properly.

Although the manga is good, with 4-5 o's in good.

Houseki no Kuni.
Not quite AOTY for me but probably my favorite surprise of the year.

The following are the contenders for that title:
-Maidragon
-Urara Meirochou
-Uchouten Kazoku 2
-Made in Abyss
-Princess Principal
-Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
Fixed that for you.

18if.
Were there better ones? Yes.
But nothing was as inconsistently strange.

For the best anime of the year it'd have to be... Made in Abyss. The production quality and quality of direction etc were just too high.

I connected with Sakura Quest on a personal level the most though.

And let's not forget kemono friends or Houseki no Kuni. Two excellent 3DCGs. It's hard to choose.

Maidraon

If I had to pick, Rakugo.

die woman enabler breeders get the bullet

>Made in Abyss is shit
>Youjo Senki isn't
>Maidragon isn't
wow

Dragon maid since it triggers half of Sup Forums

Why are so many people ignoring Owari s2? Because its not standard 13 episode cour?

Either way my priority would be Mia > owari s2 > Youjo senki

I dont understand how people feel any sort of emotional connection to shows like Maid dragon.

I just have four possible candidates
Demi chan
Made in Abyss
3 Gatsu no lion
Maid Dragon

that guy and whatever cluster of teens he gathers never add up to more than 5% of the board, even on the days when they submit 50% of its posts

>9

what is your excuse?

Wow, 10/10 you managed to make a bait worse than the other user.

>Why are so many people ignoring Owari s2? Because its not standard 13 episode cour?
Because the whole series is already so long, people are rather going to name new things that recently popped up.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, since it throws the notion of the nuclear family out the window and its exploration of what this relationship means. The odd couple Tohru and Kobayashi, both disenchanted with their lives, find comfort in each other's companionship. Tohru makes no secret about a romantic and sexual attraction to Kobayashi, and while she never explicitly returns those feelings, Kobayashi accepts her role of a parent/partner raising their daughter, Kanna. The series shines not for exaggerating their eccentricity, but normalizing it. As wild as its gag comedy can get, Maidragon isn't afraid to slow down and soak in a moment. It derives both its humor and heart from the mundane goings-on of this family. Through each other, they find a sense of belonging, of togetherness, of home.

None of them have a support system in their birth family, be it due to physical separation, trust of lack of care. By the end of the series, their family with each other allows them to rediscover home, their family makes each feel whole again. Despite her misgivings toward Humanity, Tohru find the acceptance she never got from the humans or dragons in Kobayashi. Kanna gets the loving and nurturing attention she didn't get from her family, while Kobayashi regains the feeling of purpose she lost in the monotonous, lonely shuffle of a regular life.

As the family circle expands, each new member finds something they were missing. Maid Dragon is an emphatic tribute to the power of family; how it shapes us, binds us together and gives us place. These invaluable connections allow us to feel complete and fulfilled. Family can be as regular or irregular as necessary to give you that feeling. There is no singular idea, as it carries different weight to every person.

This is why Maidragon is my AOTY

Someday I will watch this show I swear, right after I take RWBY out of my backlog.

>I dont understand how people feel any sort of emotional connection to shows like Maid dragon
See

Not him, but ACCA had more style than anything else this year.
Pretty much fell completely short in every other department, but damn it was chill.

Dragonmaid is actually doing a far better job at presenting family themes than 3gatsu to be honest

>3gatsu
>family themes
That's not even close to the main theme of 3gatsu, I don't think you watched it.

Or alternatively, it's just a comedy with terrible comedic timing and awful repeated jokes that thrives on ecchi and panders to /u/ delusions.

Re:CREATORS is pretty much the only show that will stand out in the later years

Not really. Its a SoL first and foremost. The gag comedy that's in there are quick 10~ second scenes that happen after or in between SoL comments, which are the actual meat of the show.

Huh, actually good taste.

Two Car is doing a better job preseting family themes than 3gatsu.

More like reflopped

>Urara
>PriPri
>good taste
The state of you right now.
What is Re:Creators? I can't remember it at all.
Sounds like LN-fag otaku shit.

And everyone already forgot it, it was universally dropped at episode 3.

Either Princess Principal or Little Witch Academia

Are those the only two shows you watched, Sup Forums-kun?

Rakugo.
Or Uchouten Kazoku. Maybe even ACCA. But Rakugo is just great.

He also saw konosuba

DUDE MELODRAMA TAKE ME SERIOUSLY PLEASE

Sangatsu has a familial bonds as one of its themes, but it's not the main one (at least in season 1), and it's more about the character exploration of a depressed and lonely teenager boy. In many senses is't more of a coming-of-age drama, which obviously needs family and society as a context to work. Maidragon "representing" family is a funnier joke than any of the one purposely made in the show.

Boring melodrama

Heybot!
>tfw Bandai will never write Sunrise a blank check and tell them to do whatever ever again

Kemono Friends, but thenagain I acquired the taste for crappy 3DCG ages ago

Ai Mai Mi, I guess

Maidragon completely shits on 3gatau to be honest. Better anime in every regard.

Shows like this are invaluable in a world where people are scared of starting families cos divorce/families are boring/families are unhappy and other stuff that prevails the media. Even when families are happy they are boringly happy and one would usually struggle to find a meaning in starting a family. In maidragon, while the routine is shown, it also shows neat stuff like gratefulness, caring for one another, little gifts and how people pay attention to one another.

Nah meat was definitely in finding your place and importance of connections. Also i enjoyed a lot of comedy stuff.

Best get.

>which are the actual meat of the show.
That's even worse. Honestly, I can buy people liking it for whatever reason, but saying it's AOTY with so many better shows is just either a feat of Sup Forums contrarianism or sheer shit taste.

Hoozuki no Reitetsu S2
One of the few shows that actually makes me laugh out loud. Very clever and original humor, also great comedy timing. Hoozuki is one of the best MC in recent memory.

Yes you have shit tastes we know

I enjoy boring melodrama.

Same.

No but they were the best, /r9k/-sama

>maidragon
>good taste
Pick one.

I picked both. What are you gonna do about it?

Post your top 5 of 2017

I still think about it daily

Boring post.
Also, you don't know the difference between melodrama and drama.

AOTY?
Animal of the Year?

Just Because. Top tier romance, in a year where we've had some great romance/drama.

However, I have the feeling that we're gonna get a bad end.

Romance is literally the lowest common denominator genre. Just like comedies will never win an Oscar. Romance anime will never ever be AOTY

Actual contenders this years are
MiA
Rakugo
3gatsu No lion
GuruGuru
That's all. Prove me wrong Pro tip: you can't.

Rakugo or LWA.

this or pic related are the only right answers

1. The Night is Short, Walk on Girl
2. Lu Over the Wall
3. Lupin III: Ishikawa Goemon's Spray of Blood
4. Ai Mai Mi: Surgical Friends
5. Little Witch Academia

First cour and some of the last episodes were a blast to livewatch.

Made in Abyss and Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou are my favorites.

>gayish shit on top
really makes you think..

1. Girls' Last Tour (probably)
2. Made in Abyss
3. Maidragon
4. Land of the Lustrous
5. Kakegurui
I think Yuasa's movies will make their way in there when I watch them.

>Kanna does a better yay than Akko

>I've never watched Rakugo but I'm going to shit on it because it has male main characters
Really makes you think.

The objective lowest common denominator is SoL though. How much of a boring autistic fuck disillusioned with life do you have to be in order to enjoy escapist fantasies about characters doing boring and mundane shit? after that comes romance of course.

The main characters being mentally retarded put me off of GLT.
Why not write believable characters?

>not liking gay shit

>Kakegurui
Into the trash bin it goes.

poseur

Only kyoani can write believable characters. Maidragon has the beat characterization and development of any anime this year.

?

No, SoL is the third most patrician genre after super robot and character drama.

Imouto sae Ireba Ii

A solid 70% of KyoAni's characters are mentally retarded, let's not kid ourselves here.

KyoAni doesn't have any writers. Checkmate

Only Yui is officially autistic

When people will just admit that they like Maid Dragon because they like to jack off to it?

Houseki no Kuni
Owari S2
MiA
Princess Principal
Tsuki ga Kirei

Black Clover! Yaaaaay. Wooooo.

>mecha
>patrician

Im on episode 8 of Made in Abyss and i'd have to say it is. Haven't been so engrossed in a show in ages.

Because it's not that titillating.