Which of these was the best film of 2016?

Which of these was the best film of 2016?

Knk

Your name > Koe no Katachi > In this corner of the world

All amazing though, I couldn't ask for a better bunch of movies.

Your Name >= In This Corner >>> A Silent Voice

This only because I haven't seen in this corner of the world.

A Silent Voice was better than In This Corner of the World, which was waaay better than Your Name. But even Your Name was a fun watch.

Seconded

None of them.

1. A Silent Voice
2. In This Corner of the World
3. Kizumonogatari
4. Your Name
5. Doukyuusei (no homo)

Are the subs from MTBB version on kimi no na wa good or should I use another ones?

Your Name > In this corner of the world > Koe no katachi

knk is a character drama with weak characters so it falls flat on it's face. The character designs lost all the uneasiness and grit from the manga and a lot of the conflict feels so forced, unjustified and melodramatic. The sound track is mostly bland muh sad piano, and the movie is slow and boring.

ITCOTW is another emotionally manipulative ww2m flick, but it presents a very interesting perspective. The small cast gives it time to really flesh out the characters and their relationships, but it wasn't as dark as it could've been so it didn't have much impact.

Your Name is a fun romance comedy with an interesting character dynamic, the characters fall in love with each other without having actually met and only by living in and backing a huge part of one another lives.
I also liked that the leads are pretty regular and easy to sympothized with, no edgy or melodramatic backstories. Mitusha's was just perfect.
By far had the best animation of the 3 films, and some scenes like the meteor fall or mitusha's past are just on a completely different level.

It's fun, not pretensions and doesn't take itself too seriously, the chemistry is great and there's never a dull moment.

It's the only movie anyone would want to watch more then once between these 3.

Hirune Hime

Only plebs pick Kyoani trash as best.

Shin Godzilla

I feel like people thinking Your Name is the best, are lying to themselves to stan a hack director.

>I feel like people thinking A Silent Voice is the best, are lying to themselves to stan a hack director.
fify

I really fucking hated KnK.

For what reason

In This Corner>A Silent Voice>Your Name

I just like wartime movies. Also it was unapologetically nationalist which I found refreshing. And the art was a lot cuter than I expected. That 'hehe' face she makes throughout the film is so damn cute. The characters also felt human, not just irrational assholes like Grave of the Fireflies. The focus on war ships was cool. The scene with the bombs being painted in the sky was my favorite scene out of all 3 films. The scene where Mizuhara visits Suzu was probably the most romantic of all 3 as well. The only part of the film that didn't sit right with me(as an American) is when they use the flyers warning of them of their impending radiated doom as toilet paper.

Your Name was pretty but I couldn't stand the rushed layout of the film, and the story was hit-or-miss. A Silent Voice had some impact but I couldn't empathize with any of the characters, they didn't seem real. They both just felt like teen films to me, which is fine but I didn't connect with them like I did with In This Corner. Nippon banzai!

Koe no Katachi was good, they managed to cut out a lot of the retarded crap from the mango and still tell the story properly. Unfortunately it also led to certain characters/things being somewhat pointless. No perfect but good, nice and simple score.

Kimi no na wa really was typical Shinkai stuff, totally predictable and seen it all before except this time it was quite a bit prettier but also had the same shitty pop music insert songs. Character designs were really good though.

Kono sekai was great though I haven't read the mango so I don't know if it's a good adaptation. The theme/scenario is difficult to properly portray I think but it was extremely well done in my opinion. The character growth, the difficult circumstances and different situations each character finds themselves to be in but they still need to live with and accept another. The ending sequence was absolutely metal, heavy shit really even though you know exactly what happens. It's definitely the best out of the three.

Your Name was typical cloying teenage melodrama and a disgustingly veiled love letter to Shinkai's wife for cheating on her.

Anyone who doesn't think Koe no Katachi is an unrivaled masterpiece simply isn't intelligent enough to understand film.

Nice, I'm glad somebody else agrees with me. KnK and YN were both good in an anime sense, but In This Corner was just a damn good film in general, as long as you don't have a seething hatred of Japan during WW2. It took me totally by surprise.

Truly Yamada's kaleidoscopic command of light and Bressonian attention to body language is too much for the layman.

Your Name was my favourite if only for the stunning backgrounds

All 3 are great but there is no contest, in this corner trumped both of them by a mile.

>The scene with the bombs being painted in the sky was my favorite scene out of all 3 films.
Fucking this. This scene was pure magic and the good guys actually won.

Your name at the top and KnK at the bottom.

KyoAnus skipped literally everything that happened in the KnK manga and that's because KyoAnus fucked up due to the fact it was a mistake to make it one movie only.

SUPER MARIO BROTHERS 2, BAYBEEE