Full Metal Panic is a perfect, comfy show, and FMP: fumoffu is the pinnacle of comedy and light romance

Full Metal Panic is a perfect, comfy show, and FMP: fumoffu is the pinnacle of comedy and light romance.

Other urls found in this thread:

fullmeta-iv.com/news/index00100000.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

>fumoffu
I love Ren.

When is the new season airing?

In the beginning of the year it was supposed to be this fall. I'd like to know what the current status is

Apparently it was going to air in the fall of this year but I don't know what happened to xebec for them to delay it to next year

Second Raid and Fumoffu are garbage.

>FMP
>fafner
God bless Xebec.

For the sake of discussion I'll answer
Nah fumoffu had good jokes and heartwarming moments. Second raid was almost too serious for me, but I didn't hate it.

Just FYI, FMP! is going to get a lot less comfy real fast in the new season. Not even angsty like TSR. Shit's just gonna go down. Sousuke and the rest of Mithril are going to have work to do, and there won't be any sulking around like we had in TSR. The focus is going to be on action basically until what will probably be the last half of the last episode (the epilogue in the LNs).

Hoping that they'll make a Fumoffu 2 as well, but there has been absolutely no word on that. There should be enough material for it, though.

O MY LAMBDA DORAIVU

Even though I want an animated continuation, I wonder how well they'll be able pull it off. From where TSR stopped, it's pretty much painful until the end.

The only good FMP and one of the only good comedy anime ever.

Tessa a best

>272x153
You obviously don't like her enough.

Yeah.

If you really love her, go fire up your BD rip of that scene and make a webm of it right now.

PROVE YOUR LOVE

I will be watching for only one scene.

I can't wait for the utter lack of comf to begin. It was great, the tears were delicious, it's going to be a blast. I've heard we're not getting any submarine TACTICS which is sad though.

I know it's an Audio Drama, but I hope Dancing Merry Christmas gets an OVA or something after IV finishes. Still extremely hyped for new FMP material, even if it is heavy shit until the end.

I don't think I'll ever be prepared for this scene.

Whelp I better re-watch them in preparation of this. Also

Full Metal Panic! - Gonzo
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid - Kyoto Animation
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu - Kyoto Animation
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory - Xebec

I always feel uneasy when a series get's animated by different studios.

Fumoffu is super hit and miss.

But the hits are grand slams.

Kyoto had my favorite designs, but I like the subtle changes Xebec made.

This is the sexiest scene in anime and she didn't even need to show her tits.

But did anyway.

>You lived long enough to finally be able to see Sergeant. Am I man? Or am I machine? animated
I'm going to break into a sobbing mess there. Or not, because I'll presumably start weeping at the video message scene already.

FMP is good though I haven't seen it in a long time and fumoffu is pretty bad.

I'm going to guess that, based on the fact an insert song for The Beyond is going to be on angela's newest album on the 20th of December, they might've been busy producing that, and it's probably a movie.

I always find myself tearing up at Second Raid's end where Kaname tells Sousuke how scared she was after he left. The music and shots in that scene were perfect.

I'm just hoping that the animation will hold up though out the season. It's been awhile but I feel like the first one didn't age well.

Please don't bully Gonzo too much.
Also, I wonder how they're going to recut S1 for the director's cut movies. I mean, it's a given the anime-original Helmajistan arc is flying right out of the window, of course.

I loved those 2 anime original chinese assassin girls in season 2.

I remembered to be sad when they died.

>That part where Gates taunts one Twin by playing with the corpse of the dead one

>and the corpse broke a bit

That made me hate him immediately.
worse than hitler.

Tessa-chan!

There's something wrong with her lower body, user.

I liked the original FMP more than Fumoffu and haven't gotten around to Second Raid yet. My favorite parts of all of these shows that mix fighting with school life (Index, a lot of magical girl shows) is the inane notion that a "ordinary Japanese high school life" is the kind of thing worth protecting even in the face of imminent destruction in death. How does SR stack up?

Mardukas unleashing his power level deserves to be animated.

Indeed
>I love Ren.
god yes

reminder: They are showing FMP Fumoffu and FMP: TSR starting in January 2018. Just in time for Invisible Victory in April.

fullmeta-iv.com/news/index00100000.html

How the fuck do you make a sequel after a 12 year break?

They better reelase some dollar store BDs of FMP and TSR

>How the fuck do you make a sequel after a 12 year break?
Xebec knows how.

I've been hype for 12 years. I hope I will live to see this anime to the end.

Cancer is a bitch.

Just don't retire, promise anyone you'll do X after Y or tell us of your burning desire to become a bride and you'll be fine.

>Sup Forums always has a thread when I'm in the middle of watching an older series for the first time
how do you guys do it?

Twilight with mechas.

Once upon a time, Chidori was Sup Forums's mascot. Not that shitty druggie idol.

I wouldn't say it was sexy, I'd say it was intimate.
When they were standing in the rain after escaping the airport though, goddamn.

Reminder that there are Sup Forumsnons who didn't live to see FMP IV.

That makes me sad. Especially since I'm not sure if I'm going to live to see it. I'm actually more pissed about not being able to see how One Piece ends. I promise you Sup Forums I'll be watching over this place from hell.

You mean heaven, right? We're already in hell.

Whereever, Lung cancer is a bitch. Sorry for making a great FMP thread about that but I've been a long time fan and all my friends have distanced themselves from me at this point. Weeb shit is all I have left.

>FMP: fumoffu is the pinnacle of comedy and light romance.
i don't get this why do a lot of people like fumuffu that much ? it was a solid SOL , did i miss something ?

>Weeb shit
Please, user, if you want me to commiserate with you, I'd like it if you didn't use normalfag vernacular.
And you if you want to blogfag it out then we can use IRC. I have no life so I get my kicks from anime, manga, VNs, and listening to terminally ill anons.

It had some damn fine jokes, and while I don't like Chidori that much, some of their romantic interactions were cute. The last episode in particular is an example of both.

I'm sad that the series never got popular because it's impossible to find a high quality rip of the first manga series or the official English volumes because it's such a niche series.

Thanks for no thanks, I'll shut up now. I'm sure the ghosts of other Sup Forumsnons still shitpost on this board.

Also

>weebshit
>normalfag term

Sorry buddy, weeaboo came from Sup Forums

Patrician taste. I love my 90s vibe romantic scene.

>I'm sure the ghosts of other Sup Forumsnons still shitpost on this board.
>even if you die you're still shitposting here
Scary stuff.

>Sorry buddy, weeaboo came from Sup Forums
It's not weeaboo that's the issue, user, it's "weeb shit." That phrase, from what I've seen, is mostly used by ironic weeaboos and normalfags. (Ironic weebs being a specific kind of normalfaggot.)

>FMP
>niche

Fumoffu is mainstream, but the other series are pretty niche

>It's not weeaboo that's the issue, user, it's "weeb shit." That phrase, from what I've seen, is mostly used by ironic weeaboos and normalfags. (Ironic weebs being a specific kind of normalfaggot.)

Okay yes I agree with you there. The people I know that use the term "weeb shit" are people that have easily seen over 500 anime titles. I'm one of them and it just gets to the point where alot of anime start blending together. THAT is the real scary stuff.

But to go back on topic, yes I'm really really excited for the new FMP, as much as I love the series I never bothered looking it up passed the second raid. Sure i've seen all the main spoilers but I want this anime to surprise me.

didn't LNfags say the conclusion is edgy grimdark shit?

The very last few pages are just a good comforting happy ending, we are missing just a good epilogue with Kaname and Sagara married with children.

>how do you guys do it?
Sup Forums is a haven of great taste, obviously

Tessa is perfect.

Her tights too.

Flat girls arent real women

The Second Raid is frankly one of the worst anime that I've ever watched. For starters I found Tessa insufferable; extremely incompetent, over-consumed by emotion and completely unfit for her role though God knows we need an adorable young mistress to take the roll so that the audience can imagine nibbling on her supple nipples and taking her from both ends rather than a stern, highly experienced male who, you know, is actually capable of strategic planning and has gone through the physical/ mental pain of special forces training enough to be resilient to external threats and the "feels". Not to mention the desertion arc was filled with near every cliche I can think of: the ass-pull villain from the first series only brought in to heighten emotional tension and force Sousuke into a very brief "I'm so depressed ;_;, see I don't even care when the glass cuts me" scene only to typically snap-out of it like PTSD and major anxiety are nothing whence his damsel in distress comes around and slaps him, and don't get me started on the combat - for such a premise they could have actually shown some of the work that goes into the machines and give a far greater degree of exposition towards why and how they work, though instead we get next to nothing except for "muh Lambda Driver" and the weak bond between Sousuke and his mech, not to mention that in the former case the power-scaling is non-existent, if you can merely will yourself into punching through near anything then what are the limits and constraints? It really does irk me. Its just the fact that they have so much material to explore or develop on yet do absolutely nothing resulting in a rom-com that can't decide if it wants to be Shonen or not, none of the characters develop in any way save for Tessa who only gets worse. I cannot transcribe my disguised ignominious rage into text so believe me when I say that this anime really, really took a shit in my cornflakes.

Is this a pasta

it is.

and an old one.
Damn, I feel sad now for recognizing it. This one dates from what? 2007, 2008?

nah theyre boring. Gates is the true mvp of TSR

who dis?