youtube.com/watch?v=LGQCPOMcYJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_1FfIK-fKqk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2002 was a simpler time

I know it was released in the 90's btw, 2002 is when i watched it

seconding dokuro-chan
a patrician choice of gateway anime

shame the S2 sucked

Yeah, i only got into anime when i enterd highschool. I was going through some shit, and discovering anime through dokuro chan really helped. Now i mostly watch jo jo though

I'm literally chris-chan.

Same
>be a kid
>go to youtube
>"oh look, this is cute"
>pipirupirupirupipirupi~
Of course, if we are talking about getting into anime in the PC, before that there were tons of anime in the TV.

How?

The amount of stuff he has lifted from the dub could fill an entire page. I haven't kept up with chris in years but i'm sure there's a page for it on the wiki, all i can remember off the top of my head is him singing the OP terribly in one of his videos circa ~2009.

no joke, dokuro chan is also what got me into anime. saw some amv where a guy kept getting brutally murdered by a buxom bitch, got confused how it happened multiple times, and got hooked

chris can't come up with anything original since ever, all he does is taking memes and themes and mashing them up to his liking without care of copyright infrigement

as of recent he is very fond of Neptunia characters and he tries to put them in his comics

>she bashes his head in with a spiked club and the said pi-piru-piru-piru-pi-piru-pi again, so fucking funny

I started big

buncha dang babs in here

Man TTGL doesn't seem as old as it is. Good thing it is though, if it was made today there would be tons of CG.

loved the game, This is what got me started.

pokemon

I had watched anime before but Bebop was the first where I really learned what it was and actively searched for more.

Yoko ritna was my first anime waifu. I still remember jerking off to the stars video. ive never seen gurren lagen even after all these years, and after i heard it has a depressing ending i dont really want too

>and after i heard it has a depressing ending i dont really want too
Faggot. Why don't you be the judge of that?

Its mediocore now, but to me as a freshman whos never seen anything more ciolent then robot chicken this was the shit

Ill get to it eventually. Im still watching jojo and i need to find a place to properly watch sailor moon S. I do intend to watch it someday, however

You should be used to anime hitting you with sad feering by now.

What really got me
>FMA Brotherhood
also
>Angel Beats
>K-ON
>Pokemon
>To Love-Ru

I like it whennits actually written wel like end of evangelion, but i heard its like the end of smaurai jack, so im also anticipating ill feel cheated and pissed just like i did with jack

>written well like end of evangelion

youtube.com/watch?v=qImUihjYZA0

Soul hunters was the 1st one i have seen.
Then yuyuhakusho and digi charat nyo made me actually like anime when i was 6yo

There isn't one. Anime was on TV since I was a kid so there wasn't any need for a "gateway" anime.

Y
>TTGL doesn't seem as old as it is.
Yes it does
>f it was made today there would be tons of CG.
How so?

Lucky star actually. It's what fot me going on Sup Forums in the first place.

That was mine too

First anime, and best girl.

Pingu

youtube.com/watch?v=LGQCPOMcYJQ

Not the first anime but the first english sub anime I watched. I was 11 back then

>Having to hide your filename
Pathetic.

It was about the 20th animoo tv of mine, but it was so stupidly naive the point got through and made me feel at home so I stayed.

>best girl
Not even close.

I still love this and watch it from time to time

At least you couldn't be disappointed by anything you wached after it

>Crystal

I think the first one I searched online was chobits.
Aired at 9pm in yuropoorstan and decided to watch from beginning.

Desu

I didn't realise it had an animu.

Im still watching the original series. Whats so bad about crystal?

I watched the original one, but I really liked saturn's design on crystal.

It has most of the same problems as Toei's other cashgrabs. It's not quite as bad as DBS.

not the first I watched but was the first one that made me realize stuff other than action shonen could be fun

Both the first non-dubbed anime I'd seen and the first anime I watched online. A year or so later I found entire episodes getting uploaded to YouTube in three parts, so I checked out the related videos and now I'm stuck on Sup Forums

sao lmao. Got interested in the art from a Sony ad, tried watching one episode, ended up finishing all four seasons

Whats so bad about super

>What's so bad about super
The animation is some how worse than GT

Pic related, saw an AMV of it on youtube. Alucard powermurdering everything along with a metal soundtrack. Too bad that the video doesn't exist anymore.

Don't laugh

>Alucard powermurdering everything along with a metal soundtrack.
>Too bad that the video doesn't exist anymore.
You're supposed to grow up from the edgy phase sometime, user.

still is a fantastic manga.

first anime: pokemon
first anime with an actual story: dbz
first from VHS store: evangelion
first downloaded on 56k modem: elfen lied
and then i downloaded anime for 14 years

ITS~ SHOW ~ TIME ~

DOKI DOKI SASETE NU

youtube.com/watch?v=_1FfIK-fKqk

I CAN HEAR MY HEART BELL

Been looking for something as good eversince

bamp

Also Dokuro-chan. More specifically it was a gif of this part, and I wanted to know what the fuck it was.

I just watched yyh this year, loved it

Gunbuster, I was 16 back then.

Pokemon

>Started with Anno, Haruhiko Mikimoto character designs, hot blooded mecha and anime tiddies
I can't even compete, my first was Big O.

naruto and love hina, downloaded in shitty quality from dubious peer2peer softwares