Is the fighting in Grappler Baki practical?

Is the fighting in Grappler Baki practical?

No

>guy trains his bones to be linked so that they act as whips
>proceeds to then fight and breaks all the bones in his body and shredding his muscles ni half to the point where you have literally see through bone arms

yeah no

I often turn myself into a ball of pure muscle and devour my enemies like Pacman when I feel threatened IRL. So I would say it is very practical.

That art is ugly!

That was pretty awesome even though all he did was job against Pickle in the end.

holy shit what's wrong with their bodies?

They're the strongest living beings on Earth by a wide margin. Almost all of the recurring cast of Baki characters are virtually just pure muscle. They live in a world in which physical limits do not exist, so they continue to get stronger even after it stops making sense to do so.

The idea is that, after a certain point, 99.999% of people stop pursuing physical strength either after they decide that it's not what they really want out of life (doctors, lawyers, business executives) or after the challenges which they would have to face in order to become stronger get far too dangerous and suicidal.

For example: one of the main characters throws himself off of a cliff when he is 13 years old so that he can learn exactly how to react to the levels of random physical trauma achievable by slamming into rock faces as he descends down a mountain. If, by the end of his fall, he hasn't learned how to slow himself and how to lessen the damage taken, he will absolutely die. He survives, and the experience makes him stronger. How many people, even in a world where you have no strength limiters, would take that kind of risk?

The cast have grotesquely muscled bodies because doing things like jumping off of a cliff have now become entirely without consequence to them. Their bodies and muscles are dense to the point of being virtually indestructible.

nope, not practival at all,

the series itself however is a amazing read and i really wish that all of it would get a anime adaptation

Bump for Baki thread.

It's rare yet comfy.

I only read it for funny artwork and extreme techniques they do.

How strong does Sup Forums think he really is?
We know he's below Yujiro, but he might be above everyone else (Oliva, Pickle, Doppo, etc.) except Musashi and MAYBE current Baki. We know he was quite a bit above Retsu Kaioh (to the point of causing Retsu to act humble for the first time in the series), and Retsu put up a good fight against Musashi by the latter's own admission

>For example: one of the main characters throws himself off of a cliff when he is 13 years old so that he can learn exactly how to react to the levels of random physical trauma achievable by slamming into rock faces as he descends down a mountain. If, by the end of his fall, he hasn't learned how to slow himself and how to lessen the damage taken, he will absolutely die. He survives, and the experience makes him stronger. How many people, even in a world where you have no strength limiters, would take that kind of risk?
He doesn't throw himself, he is thrown off by his psychopathic dad. And said kid has mutant genes/some sort of egyptian prophecy bloodline that makes him basically far more superhuman than superhuman
There's no comparing what the Hanmas can achieve with even the freakiest normies in Baki. Musashi is the first other "mutant", having a special spine and bone structure

Baki takes real techniques and overexaggerates them to absurd levels. It's crazy pseudo-science, so no.

He should be stronger than anyone who has blant superhuman abilities like Musashi's spine or the Hanma's blood. At most I wager he could outsell Pickle easily since the latter was shown to be weak against more rafinate martial arts.

Cant read it, the artstyle makes me want to puke.

It's not practical, but it is the best fighting manga.
Olivia is best boy.

You're missing out.

His legs are really fucking long in this page

>Biscuit
Kinda sad to see him shitting himself at the sight of Musashi. On the other hand that was a given and at least he didn't take part in the jobbing contest.

so similar lol

>Muscle bounded guy rolls up like literal fucking batman to swallow up guys
>MY PALM CONTAINS LESS THAN 6% OXYGEN

and lazy, i see 2 copypasted grandpa on the audience

I tried to read this manga for the ridiculous and funny techniques but the art is hard to swallow. From which chapter does all the real crazy shit starts to happen?

Baki has infamous crazy moments but you're criminally underselling it you'd read it only for them. It's a great story, if you want to bother with this manga read everything properly.

So, it's Tekken. :^)

Underrated Posts

How can you read this series with that kind of art staring you in the face?

It's a feature.

>overexaggerates
>pseudo-science

Imagine how fun it would be to manhandle his huge body. I'd just walk around the house looking for things to bend him over and fuck him on.

Not really. His Best Dad Evah is made of magic, sex and killing intent. Just lke Akuma except sexier. And he can walk through walls.

reminder that it's happening

It's both IIRC.

The one in the picture is from the mountain training, where he jumps off the cliff by himself. Then waaay later in SoO(I think), we find out that he was also thrown by Yujiro before the events in the manga series.

Is something wrong with the spelling?

Did anyone make a TL thread when it came out?

don't think so

The fighting in Baki is not realistic but the concepts and techniques used are. Read All Rounder for realism.

Is it as good as holy land?

Really depends on what you liked about Holyland. ARM turns into slice of life MMA manga more than anything IIRC.

Dang it.

it's ok, here's my duwang rendition of the chapter

>nani did you do baki
>you ate all these dishes
>you make funny of me musashi
>please forgiveness me
>the price is big to make me joke
>these are sowrds use them good
>*cough* you don't need to know this
>abaj
>this children is good old geezer
>wow what a beatiful castle