Date A Live in Dragon Magazine released Today

So, Date A Live is being featured in the Dragon Magazine released today. We'll get info on it, DAB, the anime and other good stuff.

Also likely Encore 7's cover, Volume 18's release date and whether or not the series is actually ending.

Any idea when this shit should leak, given that the issue is released in Japan on the 17th, and that's a couple hours away?

i just want more reine

What do you mean by "whether or not the series is ending"? I think it's pretty obvious the series will end in the next 3 or 4 volumes, if not earlier.

I thought this would be out tomorrow.

I think he means that the report originally said DAL was 'at its climax' which would mean V18 or V19 are the last.

Tomorrow in Japan. That's in a couple hours.

Japanese time.

I doubt that would happen. Kurumi wasn't even sealed and having her being pierced by a hand doesn't sound like a good way to end her arc, besides the next volumes wouldn't even be about Kurumi anymore.

What are the chances of a harem end?

It's either a Tohka ending or a harem ending but it seems like a Mio(and Mana) ending is also possible.

Imouto ending is the only ending

You made this thread way too early user. But the magazine is out now in Japan. It's time to wait for leaks.

30 pages of DAL content. Anime, LN, spin-off, interview with Tachibana and Tsunako and game?, It doesn't specify what game,
it says "game"

Yes, we know all that. We're waiting for details on those things.
Plus it says 'on page 30' not '30 pages of'

*from page 30, sorry

such lewd neps

Re-release of the third game.

Most likely, they might ass dome things of the remake for ps4.

They didn't. It's already been released IIRC

I meant that they might talk about the remake. I¡m interested in the interview with Tachibana and Tsunako.

They have released the third game like two or three times already which is sad when you consider that the'third game' is just a bundle of the first two games plus a new route that could have been released as DLC.

「デート・ア・ライブ」アニメ新シリーズ企画進行中!
また動く十香や士道に会える! みんなが待っていたアニメ新シリーズ!
さらにスピンオフ「デート・ア・バレット」やゲーム「凜緒リンカーネイション」にも迫ります!
It was Rio Reincanation in the end. We were right. This is the only pic we have right now.

Totally didn't see that coming.

Let's forget about the game, it was obvious, instead we can focus on that interview, anime and light novel. We have to wait for a larger picture though. Can't make out what's written. there.

Exactly.

I don't know what you guys can expect at this point. They are just going to give us an airing date and maybe a PV but not a studio change.

Novel info, not the anime. There's an interview about it and DAB.

>studio change.
It was hard for that to happen to begin with. We don't have any leaks yet though. Keeping your expectations low is always good for this kind of thing.

Again, what is there to be expect? The main series is ending, whether is ending in 2 or 4 volumes is not very important. No one cares about DAB

The interview with Tachibana and Tsunako, maybe?

YOU might not think it important, but that's on you man. A lot of people wanna know. Besides, Volume 18's release date might be shown.

Probably not, all we know is that the LN is reaching its climax and encore 7 has been set to release on december 20th.

...Yes, well done.
That's exactly my point. 'Special Report' implies some of this infomation might come to light.

What is Dragon Magazine?

A lot of people want to know what? We already knew the series was reaching its climax around volume 19-21 because Tachibana said so during Origami arc. We are pretty much in the final volumes so it's not very important when the series is actually ending

Knowing what Tachibana has said during the interview is important though.

Not important to you

Only important to you, i'd say. What do you gain in knowing that the series ending in X volume when we already know that is ending?

There are tons of guys on AS and FB that are interested in knowing, actually.
Most are fans are either interested in knowing when, or burying their stupid heads in the sand, thinking we have like 5 more some stupid shit like that

>AS and FB
So nothing important. These are the same guys who fail to understand why DAB is ignored while also praising Kurumi for no good reason.

^ You gotta agree with him there, user

Why IS DAB ignored, while we're on the subject?

Because most if her "fans" are like clockfags and don't actually about the series or are ignorant to Kurumi's actual character.

Not that guy but everyone ignores DAB. It just doesn't pick the interest. Also, shouldn't we get at least 21 volumes? Origami's arc was the middle point of the series.

care about**

Same. Only stopped scrolling because she was in the image.

The report was worded in a way to suggest 18 or 19 are the last, so no.

AS is actually surprised that DAB seems to be getting no attention because according them if Kurumi is popular then so should be the spin-off but that is not how it works

That, and Vizard being an ass.
He mentioned having it translated ages ago, but edited out the mentions of it, and refuses to answer questions on it.

Well, there goes my favorite harem LN. I don't want it to end yet dammit.

Regardless if there is a translation or not. If people were interested on it there should be long summaries.

Not neccesarily, user. The summaries all come from one person. If that person isn't interested, then no english summaries. There are plenty of moon summaries out there.

I read the DAB doesn't feel like a usual DAL volume, and that's understandable having another author write the spin-off. Maybe if Tachibana was the one writing it it would be different.

Not really. We have summaries but so does the wiki in other sites. DAB doesn't seem to be getting summaries like the LN does and that shows how little interests people who actually read the novel have in the spin-off.

Those summaries are all the same one by the same person. Ours, the wikis, etc all the same.

What? Are you from AS? Our summaries used to be made by two summaries anons who only posted here, the current summary user has a limited knowledge in japanese but he posted the entire novel. Other sites have shorter summaries and the wiki has its own translator who translated vol 13 after the previous one left.

The summaries we got on here for Volumes 14 - 17 were done by Akiye on the wiki

What are you even saying? This summary user only posted summaries for volume 16 and 17, the summaries that we got for Mukuro arc weren't even half as long.

Actually, he's right. There hasn't been a Summery user since 13. 16 and 17s were copied from the wiki.

Exactly. And Akiye - the writer of them has no interest in DAB. One person having no interest =/= as no one having any interest. It's just that the only summariser we have doesn't want to summarize it.

What can they even say at this point? The series is ending no matter what. Only a sequel can save it from dying.

If they end it abruptly when there are lots of plot-points to be resolved, then it would turn out to be a shitty ending. If anything, just have a sequel and you can then resolve the plot points that should have been resolved in the prequel.

Yeah but I mean what info can they give us that isn't obvious? I guess the interview can give us some details about the characters but it's a bit late for that, if IMS is doing season 3 then no amount of info can save it, the game new turned out to be about the third game like many expected.

The anime is doomed unless they change of studio or director. Wonder what they can say about the LN, probably something about DAB becoming the main series after DAL ends or something.

>DAB becoming the main series after DAL ends
That's not a good idea.

I know but Tachibana only writes about things he likes and he introduced this "backstory" out of nowhere that barely has relevance in the LN and I doubt that is the only reason.

I wonder if he’ll end DAL for good or will he write a sequel? To be honest, I’d like a sequel, after all these years I took a liking to DAL.

Are you sure? DAS only served the purpose of foreshadowing Artemisa's possible introduction in the LN. DAB seems to be the same.

For some reason, some anons still consider DAB non canon. It just turns out every spin-off is canon in the end.

Probably because there is barely any connection between stories. Since the timeline was changed the events from DAS should be different considering the old Origami was involved. DAS introduces a lot of shit that will never be relevant in the LN and the only important part, Kurumi's backstory, was already mentioned in the LN.

DAB isn't even Kurumi's backstory - it's just something completely random.

That is where I'm getting at. Her actual backstory about she used to be, how she became a spirit and what made her follow this path was stated in the novel making DAB and glorified "backstory" about Kurumi.