How is it the economy has increased but pay hasn't?

How is it the economy has increased but pay hasn't?

Attached: 1520059540738.jpg (600x800, 55K)

because our economy is built up by cheep mexican labor and cheep chinese imports both of which decrease pay and jobs

I wonder who is the one enjoying that economic growth...

Attached: jewish man.jpg (959x644, 43K)

Economist here

The economy is doing well but not uniformly, this is in part why we consider wages to be "sticky", there is relative lag time. Also, wages are increasing nominally, meaning that more people are receiving higher wages, so the average is increasing gradually. Its not obviously awesome, but it is what it is.

its like when the mine expands, the mine makes more money but no new office jobs are needed

>economist here

Yet you don't know what the term "nominally" means in this context.

Something seems fishy here.

Nominal earnings, vs real earnings, as a percent of gdp. Do i need to hold your hand?

> wages are increasing nominally, meaning that more people are receiving higher wages
The whole concept of nominal wage is a recognition that amount paid might increase without an increase in the actual "real wage."

At best you're being very loose with your terminology. Is that something a real economist would do in this context? Probably not a very good one.

Tax cuts and market confidence.

>The whole concept of nominal wage is a recognition that amount paid might increase without an increase in the actual "real wage."

what you said makes little sense, please revise. Also Im not going to spell everything out on a throw away thread on Sup Forums in my free time, this is for light discussion.

I hope he beat that selfish dumb fuck of an animal.

cos jews will be jews.

Attached: 1521551114474.jpg (251x248, 10K)

I think only cat owners truly understand this image.

what you said is intuitive, but makes no comment on what I said about the nominal wage rate and how it reflects on the labor market. How are you missing this?

>How is it the economy has increased but pay hasn't?
Because the rich have been getting richer for a long time. All economic growth has been to the advantage of the super rich and not anyone else. This is widely known and recognized and was at the foundation of the Occupy Wall St movement. Also, retards on places like this vote for billionaires like Trump who just make themselves more rich while lying to poorfags about their intentions and actions..

Attached: Piketty Capital.jpg (220x332, 12K)

China and Automation
sage

Attached: 1521107972634.png (485x443, 22K)

You can thank fiscal conservatives for that.

Weird that it made total sense to me, a layman.
>it's not obviously awesome, but it is what it is
Hoping you're joking here, otherwise gtfb2r

>comes to autistic shithole
>doesn't want to pour over every single detail from the foundation to the top
You're on the wrong Congolese blowdart forum m8.

what is billionaires?

You mean the fuckers your kind voted into office? Color me surprised

Because companies have gotten into the habit of never giving raises. The main way to get higher pay now is to change jobs. This should slowly change as companies realize that they lose out a lot having to hire new people constantly to replace the old ones.

OH, also importing 3rd worlders, of pretty much any skill and education level drives down wages.

There have been incredibly enormous income gains on the lower and higher ends of the socioeconomic scale. Unfortunately for you that means Jews niggers and chinks. The middle class is a dead meme from a different time thanks to the elites throwing us into a destructive global economic race to the end of the world

Can I get more pics like this. Cracks me up

I mean the real question is why would pay increase at all? Workers cant offer anything more than their standard effort per hour worked. The only thing that can drive up wages is shortages in the labor pool relative to need.
As productivity increases and the need for labor diminishes you'll get ever more stagnant wages
Capitalists however actually directly benefit from gains in productivity and can reinvest it ever increasing their accumulation of capital and still pay the worker thats making him $100 the samee wage he was making when the worker $50 an hour.
This system will just continue until the whole thing collapses.

it doesnt make sense in reference to my comment on the labor market. Read the entire exchange next time, to save everyone some time.

haha in retrospect I see the error. Ive been spending too much time in my social bubble

because most of the money goes to executive pay and not down to worker's wages. jews basically.

>don't work for min wage unless it pays tips
>don't change jobs unless its for a better job
>don't change jobs every 6 months because you have to start over everytime
>actually learn shit at the work place to be promoted

I'm making 88k/yr usd w/ just a high school diploma.
Is it really that hard to earn medium income?

excuuuuusssseeee meeee, kathleen wynee, our benevolent progressive queen just raised minimum wage to $15/hour. Between that and lower hydro rates she's busy making life instantly affordable for everyone and ontario the best place in the world. You need to vote for her in the upcomming election, she's the only one doing anything to make this place more livable, she will save our ontario.

because deregulation and tax cuts for the wealthy.

This is why

Attached: EC8B1585-4046-4D5A-AAF5-E337755875A7.jpg (648x960, 131K)

Shut up slave

Bow down to wealth and power. Lick these boots

Attached: RoyalPomp.jpg (292x173, 11K)

Hahahahaha, kill yourself, my dude.

Attached: 1521500326514.gif (320x180, 2.17M)

Mine has, and by a significant amount

>How is it the economy has increased but pay hasn't?

Automation and outsourcing replaces jobs thus driving down the demand for labor while the importation of migrant labor has increased the supply.

Less demand + more supply means labor is worth less even if the resulting productivity and profitability is going up.

Globalism is ultimately a system to reduce first world labor to the price of third world labor.

Attached: Jews With Jews You Win.jpg (723x720, 297K)

>but pay hasn't?
It has, just not in highly developed western nations. Western workers are overpaid.

lack of free market

>literally reading meme book

Attached: eJwVjEsOwiAUAO_Cnn8ptLchQIFYoIHXqDHeXUxmM4uZD7r7iXaUAK6xU-rzcK17MqB1GwOJrcUz2CsP4lqhFsC6VEKFQYXRjDNl (241x432, 141K)

>is looking for a jobs on the internet
>wind up on a place were people can send you memes
typically Poor people have poor people habits, poor people with rich people habits don't stay poor for long.

It's like "why are you so cute you little shit".

>You can thank ((((globalists)))) for that.
FTFY

>retards on places like this vote for Trump
yea, we should have voted for neo-con gope candidates or the globo-homo mass-immigration party instead, that would have solved our problems.

Attached: 1507081530789.png (488x463, 28K)

no, its like "why do you do this shit all day every fucking day jesus fucking christ I just want to live my life and have nice things I would honestly rather be raising an autistic child right now fucking stop this shit or I'm taking you outside tomorrow, digging a hole, dropping you in it, blowing your brains out, and throwing the dirt back in like nothing happened fuck you you fucking piece of shit"

Women in the workforce, NAFTA, and the immigration act of 1965.

Attached: youposting.jpg (900x900, 143K)

How come are dollars are worth less but were paid the same?

Are cuntry iz bettur

They destroyed the money with fiat you fucking nigger. Its 2018, get your head out of your ass and start learning about sound/honest money vs fiat money/fractional reserve banking.