Let's settle this. Obviously Ashita no Joe is the better series but who would win in a fight?

Let's settle this. Obviously Ashita no Joe is the better series but who would win in a fight?

Depends, how much oxygen does Ippo have in the fight?

They already had an "official" fight at some event with both the authors present. Ippo won by KO.

Ippo

Probably.

Joe had great stamina but wasn't a superhuman who could take billions of punches and win by throwing a single one (except for the couple scrubs he cross-counter'd at the very beginning of his career), he lost many times in the series, so if we go by Ippo rules, Ippo would win.

But Joe would be Ippos worst matchup possible.

Well, Joe actually boxes instead of stumbling around like a punch drunk retard and actually uses techniques instead of hoping to connect with a hook, so yeah, Joe probably wins.

I mean, Ippo got the step in and a hook. Everything else.... nah.

Ippo wins he is heavier.

Technique doesn't matter, you just need to stick to the basics.

You call this official?

He is just the worst possible matchup for the boy.

No, I call it "official".

Joe wins by skill alone. Ippo is just a tard who takes too many hits.

The fight takes place in the ozone layer.

Lmao, ok you win.

Depends.
In an arena, with a lot of space and a lot of oxygen for everybody, Ippo charges the big O in his blood, attains god status and wins.
Inside a small room in the prison there's not much oxygen to draw from, so Joe.

Joe can't actually hurt Ippo with his skinny ass arms

>Inside a small room in the prison there's not much oxygen to draw from, so Joe.
And that's where you're wrong. All Ippo needs to do is punch the iron bars like he does with the logs, and use the blood from his mutilated fingers to release the seal. What is this seal you ask, it is the ultimate form of the basics, YAMATO DAMASHI basics.

You clearly have never been in a fight or know how boxing works.

If we're going by basic boxing logic, then Joe. Ippo can only win if we're going by his bullshit rules. If we are going to have a fair fight, Joe wins by unanimous decision.

Joe relies really fucking heavily on the cross counter though, comparable in level to Ippo's dempsey roll fetish. To exagerrate the whole destroying himself thing and all.

Only in the early parts of the series, really. After the official match against Rikiishi, he doesn't use it as his all-in move anymore.

Why is that in all powerlevel arguments or cross-fictional "who would win?" scenarios, it's always the worse-written work that produces the stronger characters?

How can Joefags even recover?

By realising that the quality of a series isn't in any way related to the powerlevel of its main character?

If i remember Joe stayed a Bantam weight where as Ippo is a Feather weight giving him the advantage. Also Joe was under extreme weight management as well so I would assume Ippo.

the one who's not dead

This. Joe was fucking pathetic to be honest, all talent no brains.

can being severely brain damaged be called living

more than being a literal corpse, although he's on his way

How can Ippofags ever recover?

The one in the higher weight class.