What am I in for?

What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nt9-2S3I3MY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Botan as new waifu

Greatest anime of the 90s.
Very comfy and very fun. Watch it in English. Kuwabara's voice is the only downside.

Diamond is Unbreakable shameless rip off

This

The best "villain" in shonen

An alarm ringtone you'll be using for the next 15 years.

>Kuwabara
Everything Kuwabara is the downside. Just fucking skip the fight scenes and just edit out every part that has him in it.

Pucci is best "villain"

A fun ride that is good in all languages. Also has one of the best satisfying endings in anime history.

Tournament arcs.

A decent anime that drags on a little too long and changes its entire plot about 10 eps in.

F U N

Nah, Kuwabara is a true bro and very comical.

He's VERY up there.
Him, Chao Lingshen, and maybe Sensui.

It's pure shounen.
Also be aware it's a "show of the week" so expect a lot of filler even though it's a lot better than the average.

He's basically Goku if he was more sociopathic than autistic.

Lots and lots of Aesthetics

>Show of the week
It really really really didn't suffer from that at all.
It had very clear arcs and has ZERO filler.
>lot of filler
Wait, what anime are you talking about, user?
YYH had no filler episodes.

In terms of character?
Not even close. Did you even watch the series or just have a passing knowledge about it?

Why is Killua wearing black hair on the left?

Implying that castle of traps arc isn't filler tier

>Hurr Durr we were just testing you

His voice is annoying but the rest of the dub is fantastic, plus Kuwabara is a fantastic character which really compensates for the voice.

Filler as in lots of running along hallways, enemies posing and over explanations.
Though it surprisingly spared us from fighting spanning 30 episodes unless they're arc enders.

He's obsessed with strength and proving that strength to himself, he doesn't mind screwing himself and others if it makes him enjoy the fight more.
He purposefully fucks with Yusuke times and times again to push him to get stronger just because he wants a good fight.
Seriously how do you NOT see Goku in him.

>castle of traps arc
Which arc exactly?

It sets up the team dynamics of the main character and had nice developments for Hiei.

Oh I'm sorry, The Saint beasts, fuck off you know what I meant

>enemies overexplaining
Not that often, user... It was usually acceptable level, normal lvel.
>running along hallways
So you mean the 4 Saint Beasts which had 3-4 minutes of it (total, not at once) each episode in total?

If you watch the dub? Greatest "generic" anime fightan shounen of all time.

If you watch the sub / read the manga? KInda bland "generic" fightan shounen anime.

"Generic" simply because so many things have basically copied the fuck out of every aspect of YYH and DBZ by this point.

Hisoka fits that more than Toguro

Half an episode.

Bingo

Rando snapping Kuwabara's arm is still the hardest shit for me to watch. Seen that my first time watching Adult Swim when I was like 8 or 10 or something and it's stuck with me since.

I'm 27 before someone calls me underaged if I did maths wrong

>Learning about the afterlife
>Tournament arc
>Tower tournament arc
>Another tournament arc
>"Oh hey, maybe this will be interesting..."
>Tournament arc

COME ON URAMESHI!! LETS FIGHT!!! HHEHHEHEHEH!!!! IM GONNA WIPE THE FLOOR WITH YOU THIS TIME URAMESHI!!!

Genkai's is 4 episodes
Tournament arc is humongous
Demon Tournament is 3ish

It's really only 2.

Kuwabara is god you peasant, Christopher Sabat is perfect.

a very overrated shounen which is only good during the dark tournament arc

It was pretty cool.

Botan's English voice actor makes me cringe. It's an American trying to sound like a British person, and it fucking sucks.

Chapter Black's better. Factually speaking, demon ancestry or no.

The greatest fucking cast in any shonen to date.

1-5: revival
6-8: 3 treasures
9-13: genkai tournament
14-21: tower "tournament" shenanigans
22-25: toguro intro
26-66: dark tournament
67-70: psychic territory lessons
71-94: sensui team shenanigans
95-103: demon world conflicts
104-111: demon world tournament
112: conclusion

A little bit more episodes than you think.

The last episode is literally perfect.
Probably the best finale for a shounen I have ever seen.

The Sensui arc was so good until we get to the actual fight.
It dragged on for too much and ended with MUH DEMON BLOOD which is a shame.

I'd say MUH DEMON BLOOD was bizarre but still fun to watch.

I'd also argue that it's what lead Yusuke to be a more mature person at the end by realizing the power he has and his responsibility over it. And I'm glad he didn't end up the strongest in the end

I love Chapter Black.

Something better than Hunter x Hunter.

So Demon wasn't 4 but 7 episodes.
4 Saint Beasts wasn't a tournament.

Keiko: Yuskue... This is the end! I'm tired of waiting for you Yusuke!! Half my life i've waited for you to come around!! Even when you were here you weren't really.....You weren't here for me!! Go on fighting! But it's time i get what I WANT!!

*off in the distance*

Yusuke: I don't want you to wait either

It was a great ending but I never liked keiko very much. One of the weaker characters for sure. Both botan and kuwabara's sister felt less one dimensional.

Him being the son of one of the most powerful demons to ever exist made all his prior victories seem cheap in retrospect.

>downside
Go fuck yourself, it's a great fit for the character and he does a good job

>Tournament arc is won by a literally who
I was expecting Yomi or Mukuro to actually win.
I don't know if its a genius subversion of shounen tropes or just Togashi's way of saying fuck you to the editor.
Or maybe both.

Maybe both. I still love it.
Three Kings could have been great and I still think it was good until the last 2 episodes. It had all the setups for greatness.

Even Togashi admited that he didn't like Keiko for being such a generic heroine and her relationship with Yusuke was a way of forcing himself to draw her.
Same with Akira Toriyama and milk.

His wife was hot.

I put it in quotes because it loosely fits the definition of a tournament.

>she only married him because Raizen already had a human waifu
Biggest cuck in the demon realm

I haven't watched the series since it aired, but what was Toguro's point? What was he after? If I recall correctly, it was just a strong enemy.

The demon blood wasn't what led him to be so strong before the resurrection.

And in terms of S class power ranking, he and Sensui were basically fodder in comparison to the big 3.

What definition are you using that includes the 4 saint beasts but not the rescuing yukina arc

Yes. Someone strong enough to prove wrong. That power wasn't everything and that his demon power were not match for-
Oh wait yusuke is a demon too lol.

There's no way in hell it hurt him though. He kept up with actual demons even before receiving his training. You can buy that the two aren't related but that's too much of a coincidence for me.

He has horns too, which is a direct synonym to being a cuckhold.

His kiddos died so he seeked death, bit of redemption, and a foe. It's a bit more complicated. He blamed himself for being weak so he constantly seeked power. There's an episode devoted to it which is quite touching.

>unironic dub fags
end it all

It's an anime where the dub is superior. A lot of the voices in the Japanese version weren't great and the English dub is far far more humorous and natural.

It's better than the sub. Perhaps it's a matter of first exposure

4SB mostly involved one on one fights in arenas, where rescuing yukina had them fighting around forests and inside the mansion. It felt a lot less structured than the saint beast fights.

A comfy final arc.

>Perhaps it's a matter of first exposure
Must dubfags argue with this, basically nostalgia.

>Downside

I will fight you, that voice makes the dub.

Don't beat me up. I just know that many newfags hate the voice so I didn't want OP to dump the show episode 1 like a faggot. I know it's a split opinion.

You disgust me. We're seperated by a gulf in opinions om the chemical level. This show might as well be called "Kuwabara and his Amazing Friends" as far as I'm concerned.

In the manga, not filler

90 phenomenal episodes after which it jumps the shark and becomes merely watchable

You mean 109.

I consider Yusuke's second resurrection to be the shark jump. It really cheapens the ending of an otherwise fantastic arc

The dub makes the anime funnier

Fair

You're unironically using that shit Sup Forums meme 'greentext' so your opinion is instantly and permanently null and void.

kuwabara and his english VA is 1 of the only reasons I can stand to come back to YYH every now and then

>trying this hard to fit in
how's your third week on Sup Forums going?

yeah, it has a great blend with comedy and memorable quotes

Are you happy that your post number ended in the year in which you were born? No, I suppose you wouldn't have noticed. Judging by your posts I'm assuming you miss a lot of things in life. Such as a high school diploma, being able to function in public without a person to monitor your well-being, or a helmet.

It's partially because he's a great character and they made him funnier.

>seriously hating on Christopher "YOUR-A-MESHI" Sabat
>implying that the voice didn't perfectly fit the character

How is it even possible to be such a fucking scrub?

Truly epic burn. Where can I subscribe to your blog?

> the only downside
Your ears must be broken.

Literally the best
youtube.com/watch?v=nt9-2S3I3MY

Sucks that Sabat "british'd" up his voice now

Chapter Black was way too good. Why did so many people not see it? Was Dark Tourny too long?

Fuck, reminds me of AMVs I used to watch.

Toonami stopped at Karasu's fight and restarted, for example.

BANG

I hated that, I had to go online to see the rest

I bought the DVDS via Amazon. Imagine my shock seeing it UNCUT.
Fucking worth it. Then Netflix would fix my urge though I still had to wait monthly for the next DVD.

Wait, did it actually have a proper ending?
I never watched it as a kid and afterwards somehow always assumed that Togashi just got bored and jumped to other project while never finishing YYH properly.
Was I wrong the entire time?

funimation dubbed that 30 minute golden seal movie a year or two ago and it's pretty jarring hearing his kuwabara voice

Not so much bored but that it was literally killing him. Plus he said he did all he could with the characters sometime before the Three Kings arc and SJ wanted him to continue.

Yea, there's a proper end. The problem is that the last arc ends weak. But there's a perfect end. The series could have ended with a proper arc but they did the courtesy to end the SERIES properly. You can watch the final episode independently assuming you saw Chapter Black at least.

Not quite. Editor issues. He had ideas but SJ was fucking him over, much like SM did with Akamatsu. When will they learn? They give Kubo all the space they need but not Togashi? Not Akamatsu?

Welp, I know what I'm doing next week then.
Thanks.