IIT: Every anime that YOU ruined

>ruined Lain because I watched it when I was like 13 and didn't even realise that what was said in the email was important, similar for Ergo Proxy
>ruined Card Captor Sakura because it was the first anime that I watched from start to finish, and therefore I had no appreciation of why it was so good
>ruined Code Geass, Ganktusou, and Monster because I was expecting Death Note
>ruined Samurai Champoolo because I didn't have Cowboy Bebop nostalgia
>ruined Evangellion by watching it in the 21st century
>ruined Mai Hime and Mai Otome by watching them only for the fanservice
>ruined every hentai I've ever watched by laughing more than fapping
Fuck, that list was much longer than I thought it'd be. Can I even say that I have bad taste? This doesn't seem like a taste issue.

nice livejournal geek

Is this bait or do you have brain damage?

I feared as much. As I said, the list was way longer than I expected it to be.

I think my broad excuse was that I was young for a lot of these. If you can point out any that are particularly bad then I'll go in to more detail.

>"ruined" shows by watching them

>ruined Evangelion by watching it in the 21st century

Literally no excuse for this line of thought user

What's stopping you from just watching them again now that you're older though?

Everything you listed besides CCS is terrible, you ruined nothing.

>tfw you finish Yoshiyuki Tomino's epic Mobile Suit Gundam saga and every other anime seems so childish in comparison

I was also going to say that I hadn't seen enough mecha anime at the time, but that wouldn't mesh well with the fact that I mentioned that I watched Geass. To be honest, outside of its historical significance I don't really know what the big deal about Evangellion was. If memory serves it's not even that much of a mindfuck until episode 19.

I most likely will, although for ones that I remember particularly bad things about (e.g. Ergo Proxy) I'll probably need some encouragement to do so.

I think the big deal is how well the characters are realised and fleshed out, particularly Shinji. By End of Evangelion you can't help but feel for the guy in the realest way possible.

I've ruined every anime.

Ruined Somera-chan by watching the superior and funnier Ai Mai Mii first.

Ruined Rurouni Kenshin by watching the ovas first.

Why would you do that?

It was during my pretentious years where I refused to watch or read a long running shonen.
Its funny because I have seen it recently and liked it, makes me want to punch my younger self for being such a pretentious faggot.

Fair enough, faggot.

I accidentally watched MD Geist in reverse order
with the english dub

You didn't notice?

not until halfway through the 1st OVA,

I watched a fuckton of anime by streaming on my phone during the period where i had no computer.

It's because it takes until Episode 19 it's impactful. Until then it's a kinda wierd mecha anime that has something sinister going for it in the background, then it goes bonkers but all the characters are already well realized and understood so you understand their emotions and sorrows.

End of Evangelion then comes and shows just how fucked shit really is.

Point taken.