Proficient in combat and tactics

>proficient in combat and tactics
>fast learner
>reliable
>level-headed
>experienced with women
>subdues foreign heads of state through physical violence
>still a down to earth otaku
was this guy low-key the best isekai MC of the 2010's?

Probably.

aye
shame digibros wannabes will shit on gate every thread it gets

Post Rori.

>best isekai MC
That's a fucking low bar if ever I heard one.

>was this guy low-key the best isekai MC of the 2010's?
No.

It's like Weed from Moonlight sculptor - He's so shitty that author have to constantly remind readers by proxy how amazing he is.

Also randomly:
Why noone from earth tried to explore/learn magic?

Everything you listed is why the average anime fan can't self insert as him and why they hate him

No, and Gate is shit.

This show might be tolerable if it weren’t for GLORIOUS NIPPON JSDF CURBSTOMP ALL OPPOSITION INCLUDING OTHER MODERN MILITARY FORCES EAT SHIT FILTHY GAIJINS

Sums it up perfectly.
The Japwank is excessive.

To be Honest we are guilty of doing the same thing in our movies and shows.

Rori is best loli.

>in our
Murican board.

he is pretty good, it's sad how many amerifats get triggered by their shitshow country being shown as the shitshow it is so he doesn't get the appreciation he deserves

Yes, but at least US SF being the best is believable

I hate that shit whenever I see it in our stuff also. That's the bandwagon fallacy.

>Only military with black SF is the united states.
>56%.png

>america
>not russian spetznaz getting blown the fuck out like that

>low-key
Fuck off jamal

Heck at least in Stargate (the US equivalent to gate) the US Military lets Russians use it, even though they are used as the redshirts of the show.
Actually, If the Author of gate doesn't like the idea of the US being the good guys to use the gate than use the US military as Redshirt cannon fodder that are dicks to the inhabitants of the other world.
Also why does Gate seem like an anime version of Stargate to me.

It's easy to ignore that, and there really isn't enough alternatives that are similar enough without it to choose from.
I like both, though having the option of opening further gates would make it more similar if there was a need to expand more. There would be plenty that could be used with just one fantasy world though.

I am actual surprise that absolutely no one tried to write or draw a crossover between Gate and Stargate seeing how they both involves the military going throw a gate to fight an enemy on another world. Imagine the reaction the Empire would have to the stuff from stargate.

It's probably better that no one did, those rarely go well anyway. The empire hardly understands whats killing them already even without more advanced tech.

>Also why does Gate seem like an anime version of Stargate to me.
Because it's the plot to Stargate Atlantis with a clumsier writer and a cast that's not as likeable.

And with more cute girls.

>implying that Teal'c from SG-1 isn't the cutest of them all.
Your a fucking disgrace.

with them not being able to comprehend modern tech, I hate to see how they would react to the Combine from HL2 seeing how they curbstomped the same enemy that is curbstomping the empire in just 7 hours, they would have a existential crisis at how insignificant they are compared to them.

More of a combination of science and magic would be nice to have for Lelei. And even the effect of using a nuke on a dragon would have been nice overkill to see.

I'd like to nominate the Tanya. Her typically poor attempts to read and manipulate people are a near constant source of amusement. And watching her destroy her enemies is quite satisfying. Despite being a selfish, I think she manages to be sympathetic, largely because her main goal is to be safe. As for the isekai aspect, she makes good use of what she learned in her past life.

Maybe I should be using male pronouns because she still identifies as a man, but whatever.

here's my assessment regarding the battle in the park:

The various US special forces units vary in purpose, and something like what's portrayed in GATE (a covert military operation inside a friendly country vs. that country's own military) would likely be handed to the CIA's in-house operators, all highly-skilled veterans of units like Delta and the various SEAL teams, USASF (Green Berets) etc, as for the Russian commandos, I can't tell speculate much beyond it being highly likely they were Spetznaz "Alfa" group, or perhaps another in-house team used by whatever they're calling the KGB nowadays.

Here's the killer though: much of America's advantage in war, especially special operations, comes from the overwhelming tech advantage our guys have. We aren't use to fighting guys with night vision equipment for example, or guys with effective infra-red and light discipline. Not only that but the US operators were caught off-guard, in unfamiliar terrain, by a high-morale, high-motivation (just-another-mission mindset vs. men actively defending their nation from outsiders) force operating in familiar terrain, that was likely used to training with top American military units as well.

Another point of note: it's likely the American force considered the Russian team more of a threat than the JSDFSF, allowing the nips to blindside them while they were on guard against the Russians.

in the end, the point is moot, even if the JSDFSF had gotten totally wiped out, the Apostle of Emory BTFO's everyone in the end.

>Apostle of Emory BTFO's everyone in the end
That's what anyone should really care about at all in that part anyway. At least in the combat part.

Self-insert mary sues are good MCs now?

I've often wondered how to fix GATE since I grew up watching Stargate and it's derivatives and it's a great movie/show. Possibly the biggest fix is giving the JSDF a believable antagonist, it's not fun when you know a couple chapters in that !Rome has no answer to modern technology so any interaction between the two is hilariously one sided.

Take Stargate for instance, even if the location of the episode doesn't have native residents that can outgun a P90, there is something that will make humans be wary. Not even the Red Dragon was a real threat at the end of the day. So I settled on three ideas; ake it so that !Rome has integrated magic and animals into their armies in ways that are presented as a threat to the JSDF, play into the idea that the demi-gods are secretly controlling the progress and growth of this world and have them actively opposing the progress of the JSDF themselves, or make it so that the world itself is so alien and hostile in areas that the JSDF is actually pressured by just moving around.

Also something that Stargate did well was limiting resources. The Stargate itself is big enough to fit some impressive stuff through, but it has limits in how long it will stay open. And especially for Atlantis, you are not always able to just go back and forth between your infastructure. So even if we keep the JSDF OP, if they were all suddenly stuck in !Rome with no way back it would mean that they would need to conserve resources like ammunition and fuel as well as seek out more favorable relationships with their neighbors to secure intel and what resources they can work with.

I think another good idea is tohave another modern faction (weather it be a terrorist group, another country, or a corporation with mercenaries) be an antagonist as well.

The problem is GATE is clearly a one page concept. Let's show what happens when some sad sack fantasy people meet the full might of modern technology. That's fine, but it's more of a one off than an entire fucking thing and you can really tell by how aimless it all feels. How pointless.

>watch foreign show
>get pissed off at the foreign countries nationalism

It is better when used as a setting with the occasional basic crushing of fantasy armies with modern military, but not as the focus. More study/combination of magic and modern knowledge and how that would be applied like with explosion magic. Exploration of fantasy world with the main characters backed with some guns mixed with fantasy species exploring earth also works fine.

My man

The concept is pretty original; practically every other story where a gate opens to Earth has the invaders steamrolling human armies and the action then moves to a last-ditch human resistance force struggling to survive. I think Gate would have been fine if it had handled politics and interactions between the two worlds better. Also if it was more original and pandered less to otaku. The various races/professions were just lifted from what's popular among otaku.

It's not a bad idea to have Opposition from Earth, but !Rome vs a Unified Earth just seems better than !Rome vs MC's Earth faction vs Other factions. It's like how in Terraformars it was Aliens vs Humans then went to become Aliens vs humans vs China and became a complete cluster fuck.

It all depends on writing though, you can justify the UN also sending their own taskforce through the GATE after Japan has set up shop and doing their own thing which will occasionally clash with the JSDF.

It's really a liscence to write a story where Earth meets a non-alien off planet civilization. Since it's transportation via magic instead of space ships you don't need earth to adopt a higher technological level than what is already available.

The problem has always been the execution. GATE has some plot ideas that could be used to tell an interesting story but is also trying to tell the standard Isekai story where the MC acquires a harem of girls and is a big damn hero all the time.

The current arc in the manga of them going to get their wizard certified as a sage has been the best though because it drops wanking off Itami to focusing on world building and other character interactions.

What doesn't make any sense is how the lady soldier. Is able to take down three soldiers in armor.

I like the harem parts (other than dark elf), but the sage part helps to add more for Lelei as well as world building at the same time. I would have liked more of the interaction occurring on Earth as well, but the multiple Earth factions got in the way of that. I can understand why other countries would want access, but the way it was done seemed pointless, and should have focused on politics if done at all.

have they mentioned or discussed about atomic bombs yet in the novel, proving to the otherworlders how their tanks & copters aren't all that impressive in terms of destructive capacity, further elaborating how once upon a time Japan was no different than them trying to forcefully conquer the world before being humiliated?

self insert GLORIOUS NIHON Mary sue

This anime was so good
Until
>onichaaaan its harem tiem xDDD
And series went to shit

>i like the harem parts
Your entire post is worthless

I wish this anime was less otakushit and more tacticool

Space travel would also be nice to know about, though it would apply less unless they were to launch some satellites.

Asspained Korean/chink detected, just accept that your women crave nippon dick.

Nah it was good till they fucked up Persia's character art for the anime, least they didn't jack up barmaid bunny too bad.

>I like the harem parts
Hard to juggle a cast of girls that you want to develop and have interact with the MC as well as tell a story about humanity encountering a new world with it's own culture and politics.

>I would have liked more of the interaction occurring on Earth as wel
That was honestly the dumbest part of the story for me.

see, this is what i want in isekai like these; massive culture shock. the JSDF showing off how modern warfare trumps the cocky, ancient proud warrior attitude makes my dick into gold. several instances of modern day diplomacy shocking those nobles were also fine. Lelei learning about how the world works through science and implementing that knowledge into her magic was also awesome.

Who actually gives a shit about digibro though?

teenagers, homos and r*dditors
so most of Sup Forums

>shitty anime Rory design

We really wanted both sides to be "shocked".

I would love to see modern army and magical army clashing for the first time and both sides suffering heavy losses due to not knowing other side's capabilities. And then slowly adapting to counter each other.

don't forget
>lolicon

I don't really like that design either

he's a lame phony unrealized character, its a self insert, plot device/pusher

Gate threads are always the worst. It's kind of comforting.

>Why noone from earth tried to explore/learn magic?
Because the shit was WEAK.
Are you USian or Russian when it triggers you so much?

This Sarg needs to get fucked

>projecting

so ridiculous. i'm not even american or chinese, there is no way Japan would retain exclusive control of the gate for a year, and that's very generous. Within the week, there would be foreign agents/scientists setting up shop inside

Hes a shitty self insert made to look smarter than everyone else.
Fuck that once scene where he was brought to the didt building with his harem had some real shitty political agenda behind it from the author

'Partiotic scifi' is shit in any country and language desu
t. russian, we have tons of this crap written locally

Pretty much this. America has a tonne of military bases in Japan and you can guarantee they would be sticking their dick in in some fashion. Other foreign powers wouldn't remain silent either, particularly intelligence agencies.

I never finished the second season, party due to but was there ever any reason as to why he was divorced from his wife? From the first season they were on good terms, and he's so competent I find it hard to believe that any reasonable woman would want to divorce him.

>reasonable woman
A character similar to a 900-years old loli vampire

Best I've encountered so far, and he starts getting a loli harem too. Though the latter loli is a bit creative. I don't understand what the japanese fascination is with little girls.

>but was there ever any reason as to why he was divorced from his wife
I think it is easy to understand.
They got married on convenience. And then found out living together brings more problems than benefits.

Lelei is too cute.

The part where they were in the woods (I think it was an onsen episode) was the worst part. I laughed so fucking hard and I don't even remember what happened anymore.

this. it also doesn't mean much when it is another fucking harem.

Does GATE really count as Isekai though? The guy can enter and leave the place at will and it's more about fantasy people getting used to modern technology than modern guy getting used to medieval shit.

At least some of the side characters got their fantasy land waifus.

>but was there ever any reason as to why he was divorced from his wife?

even though both were otaku, the wife was useless fujo piece of shit compared to the MC

>The guy can enter and leave the place at will
.. should we tell him?

manga>anime

LN > anime > manga

>amerilards still mad their army wasn't portrayed as the best ever, in a show about another country's military
I bet you think every random grunt who did a tour in Iraq is a hero, too

How long 'till Abe decide to funds the anime 2nd season?

Overlord is best isekai hero

Not soon enough

>not an "average highschool student" or kv NEET
That alone makes him a better MC than 90% of the isekai protogonists

>autistic salaryman relying on his subordinates' superior skills
Ainz is a hack

Tanya is better. At least she got skills.

When second korean war is about to start.

>Heck at least in Stargate (the US equivalent to gate) the US Military lets Russians use it
Are we supposed to forget the years the Russians spent spying and kidnapping their agents then finally stealing it and needing to be threatened with nuclear war like 4 times and an orbital bombardment like twice by Thor?

>p2w faggot who got his powers by luck

He was pretty good.