Raildex

Toaru Nichijou no Index-san Translations in Progress!

>Toaru Nichijou no Index-san Chapters 17 to 20
bato.to/reader#76da7d3043dbd72b
bato.to/reader#b0623d220fb6075c
bato.to/reader#1f0f8dbb38273355
bato.to/reader#2c9933d73dcb361b

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/teruya13
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

News day repost
>The collab character doesn't stop with Miyabi, Yumi is actually the final part, but she will release in spring because her mechanics is new to the game entirely
>OT scripting is almost done so all they need is voice actors to finish their roles
>Misaki is done, she is very slow and figuring out how to use a remote control for a lot of things was pretty hard
>OT15 development is still pretty slow, the amount of productions and scenes required is really too much but they are intent on doing it
>Due to the delays they are wondering if they can do railgun plot in meantime, though they're not sure if players will accept that
>New activities are also in production, expect a lot of things to do next year
>Why is Accel behind the collab? Because he's more important, also he needs more tests
>If crippled accel variation is so popular, they may consider doing White Wing Accel, Wheelchair Kuroko and Shift Mikoto(course they are not actually done, so don't take this seriously in the sense that we have them)

How would things have gone if Nephtys or Niang Niang summoned Touma to the roof instead of High Priest?

He'd be fucked silly.

I dont think Touma is into necrophilia

That's why I said he'd be fucked silly.

It would be something more funny with a new lore in the world, a pacific talk, a contract could have been made where the gods let everything go as it was meant to be.

Touma says they cannot interact with the world to their liking and must respect the decisions of humans

They agree Touma becomes a scorer, Kamisato hunt Touma for helping the gods escape.

We got a fukk war and the volumes goes to NT18 Touma helps Aleister to get thw city bavk and Touma summons the MG to help him fight the abyss, they agree.

No crazy Mikoto

Sounds like what Kamachi wrote was better.

Why didnt the researchers atrophy the cerebral cortex in order to remove the clones emotions? All they did was brainwash, which can't remove the humanity of a person.
My gift to industry is the genetically engineered worker, or Genejack. Specially designed for labor, the Genejack's muscles and nerves are ideal for his task, and the cerebral cortex has been atrophied so that he can desire nothing except to perform his duties. Tyranny, you say? How can you tyrannize someone who cannot feel pain?
Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"

Did you forget that they literally programmed personality into the clones

How does it feel to know that Misakifags bitched until she got put in over everyone else? Why couldn't they wait?

Nothing because I'm going to whale for her anyway.

You cannot program the mind to forget humanity. You have to physically alter the brain at that point.
Otherwise the cerebral cortex, responsible for higher thought, can create the problem that led to the experiments downfall, humanity and emotions.

>whale
You mean you're going to work for her?

Try reading the source

>Why didnt the researchers atrophy the cerebral cortex in order to remove the clones emotions?
>Did you forget that they literally programmed personality into the clones
>You cannot program the mind to forget humanity.
>"read the source"

Let me believe it's whaling.

Not the posts, the source material moron. I'm not going to argue with you about programming the mind when that's literally what happened.

Okay they programmed the mind. Guess what idiot? You cant remove higher thought and emotions with just programming, as proven by the source material.
To think such a thing proves ignorance both of the rules of the novel, and of the actual universe.

You've got it backwards, they programmed the emotions into them.

Except emotions are manifested from a physical part of the brain. They aren't learned.
You can either suppress or influence their development, but you cannot just add or remove them from the brain through programming.
That's ignoring the fact that they wouldn't make the clones more human, they were attempting to make them as emotionless and inhuman as possible. To avoid any rebellion or accidents.

>They aren't learned.
Well that sucks for you because the Sisters are weeks old, this is why Testament exists

>Why did the plan that was always meant to fail, fail?
Really activates my biscuits

So every single emotion they exhibit is from testament?
That's an incredibly stupid statement.
They were taught everything but emotion, and taught to obey. This has been done in real life with similar results.
Put it this way, your brain always has higher thinking, but it can learn how to use it in different ways and different methods of thinking.
In that same way, an individual can be programmed influence for their emotion and suppression. But they cannot be taught emotion.

Everyday until you hate it!

They should've given etzali and Frenda their time to shine
Fuck the queenfags who whine

Again that sucks for you because that's what Testament does. I'll never understand the fascination people have on using real world logic in fiction

Lazy excuse. Villains are supposed to be smart.
I like the books as much as the next guy, but kamachi overlooked the fact that they could've just atrophied the cerebral cortex and have removed all emotions, except dedication towards the experiment.

user why would you take measures to avoid a plan failing if you literally want it to fail?

You can't learn emotion. Neither did they.
The second the sisters were taken out of the vats they had emotion, as shown by how they were scared.
And lets take a second and imagine they were taught emotion, then why were they taught unnecessary emotions leading to them wanting to stay in life and leading them to rebel?

>they were attempting to make them as emotionless and inhuman as possible
No, they weren't.

You know testament was in the vat right

I LIKE IT

Explain why they viewed them as inhuman and the clones acted emotionless? They tried to make them emotionless, but as time goes on the existence of the cerebral cortex causes that programming to fail more and more.
Its why the clones had emotions before programming and have been slowly gaining them since programming.
This is basic knowledge.

I hope you're joking

Were gonna be here a long time

How old is Misaki again?

The stunted emotional growth of the early runs of the Sisters were not intentional. Their goal was to make CLONES as close to the original as possible, personality included, but they weren't able to do that.

ITT: user forgets the clones were just reused from the radio noise project

They didn't TRY to make them emotionless they just ended up that way.

She's supposed to be around Misaka's age but with her ability to brainwash people she could be a 20 year old in middle school for all we know

They viewed them as inhuman because they didn't see clones as real human but as a disposable resource they could just make more of if they needed to.

I suppose I forgot. Doesn't particularly change that testament was used to bring then past infantile stage

>OT15

They became emotionless through the programming. Whether intentional or not initially, it was intentional by radio noise.
Either way, what I said originally stands true, it makes no sense not to atrophie the cerebral cortex by the time of radio noise in order to make sure you achieve maximum success.

That's my point though. They thought of them like drones and wanted them to stay that way for maximum success in the experiment. In which case cerebral atrophy would of achieved that.

No it wasn't, making them emotionless goes against their goal. They wanted them to have emotions to better resemble Mikoto for the purposes of their experiment.

The guy behind all this was laboring under a curse that stated that everything he executes will fail. Planning around that failure to make things work out anyway was the smartest move possible.

>it was intentional by radio noise.
Nice assumption there fag. They wanted to make level 5s that includes their personal reality

Someone make a Noukan edit of this.

Agreed. Rather, High Priest continuing to taint Touma's memory well into the Kamisato and Aleister arcs is one of the funnier running gags.

Remember when some guy wrote a rant about how unrealistic it is that Mikoto can do all the things she does without suffering a mental breakdown at some point, while completely ignoring that she's in the middle of a mental breakdown right now? Remember how an entire thread of people pointing out that error didn't stop the guy from repeating the same shit over and over again and acting like he was having a serious argument?
This feels pretty similar, so maybe keep that in mind before you expend too much effort replying.

Even when you die you'll be immortalized cause you'll be playable

You don't need emotions to achieve personal reality. Are you secondary or did you skip 20 books?
Originally. But by radio noise they couldn't figure out a way to do it, and as such needed clones who wouldn't rebel or cause trouble.
If they atrophied the clones, the experiment would of never ended since the one who told misaka would've never thought of them as human, and misaka wouldn't see them as human at that point.
And this isn't something they couldn't see coming, letting the clones develop emotion like that made internal problems as well as external problems more likely.

Their goal with Radio Noise was to make perfect clones, not robots. The whole reason that failed was because they couldn't replicate Mikoto's personal reality despite copying her DNA, and so they couldn't make Level 5s. Doing as you suggested would ENSURE failure as they would never even have a personal reality. An ESPer without a cerebral cortex cannot exist, just look at what damage that area did to Accel.

>your emotions aren't a part of your personal reality
>implying scientists wouldn't try to keep as many values similar when trying to replicate a result anyways
Wew

Atrophy is not complete removal. It is possible to specifically remove or damage certain parts of the cerebral cortex in order to damage very specific higher thinking and emotional responses.
With academy city tech, I doubt they lacked the method to achieve this.
But, if you are correct in saying that it is impossible to achieve personal reality without emotion, or that they don't have the tech, then fine. But I have yet to see that implied at all unless you consider them not doing it as implying it.

Esper powers come from the soul, guys.

i cant believe Mikoto fucking died

And biology. Otherwise the clones wouldn't all be electromasters.

Esper powers come from how great an ass you got. Or maybe the better the ass the better the soul. Either way, good ass = good esper

I want to see Misaka and Misaki bodyswapping to see if their powers also get switched or just their application

>just the application
Misaki is a hydromaster not electromaster

And she uses the power to control people instead of say, beating people up

Orianna nerf soon?

Except the whole Level 6 nonsense wasn't the real goal of the project from the getgo, it was a plan that was made to fail and Crowley was rolling dice on seeing how many clones his shitty luck will let him keep.

Too old.

I haven't gotten that far yet, nt5 right now. So I'll admit I am wrong there, but the point still stands that if the plan was to be successful atrophy would've accomplished that

The plan has been meant to fail and everyone has known that since OT

I've admitted you are correct there and I was wrong.
But that does not negate the point that if the plan was to succeed, atrophy would've accomplished that.

I'm saying if you're at nt5 you should have already known this

Where does it state it was supposed to fail in ot?
I'm willing to outright state it isn't there.

Maybe, but here's one point to consider. Touma might have said he considered the clones human, but that was just him being him -- spouting pure bullshit. Birdway made a lengthy, convincing point about Fraulein Kreutune being a simplistic humanoid creature who ate human brains instead of a real, thinking human. Touma ignored all that and punched her anyway. So Touma at least would have still gone to bat for the Sisters even if there was no evidence that the Sisters actually had any emotions.

Oh I agree. But it would be much harder for him to be involved. Someone who worked on the project was what it took for the first person to try to stop the experiment to find out, and that's after 10,000 sisters. That someone only saw them as human once they started to develop emotional reactions to stimuli, such as tea and air, as well as showing excitement. If those were removed from the equation, then we can count her out of it.

With Aleisters scenes. He talks about it I believe with Heaven Canceller and HC asks about the plan and Aleister kind of leaves it hanging but notes he's transferring these clones to facilities all over the world. Why might this have been good for crowley?

It's pretty fucking obvious it was meant to fail even without Crowley literally telling you that yes, he needed the fucking clones for AIM wizardry.

>The girl in the modified mini-China dress was hopping around as she pleased and the bandaged woman seemed unconcerned by how she was dressed, so it was hard to know where to look even for Kamisato who was always surrounded by girls. He kept seeing butts.

Is anyone luckier than Kamisato

I want to see butts too.

No kamisato got the harem and the gods blessings without the negation of good luck touma got

Misaki is disgusting

They didn't need to go that far. It was planned to let them live them for a few weeks until they got killed, making any worry about developing emtions unnessecary.

Well it ended up not working for them because one of their own saw a clone exhibit emotions and caused the downfall of the experiment.
Besides that, it could've been a great tactic to demoralize mikoto and touma, mass atrophy.

user, nobody ever planned to do against Touma, they did not even consider him getting invovled in the projrct. The only one who plans with Touma is Aleister who wanted to fail it in the first place.

Looks like they in a Red Light District

I should not be having all these boners.

>small blonde
Yes you should

The idea wasn't necessarily that it was "supposed to fail" but rather that he "expected it to fail". It also really didn't matter if it failed because he could use the failure to achieve his goals anyway. If it succeeded he's got his Level 6, if it didn't succeed he now has a bunch of Electromaster clones connected through a network that he can use to spread AIM everywhere. This is what Kihara was hinting at when he asked Accelerator why he thought they didn't just clone him for the experiment. The only new information we have now his Aleister's motivation for construction this sort of plan - because he's literally cursed with failure, meaning he has to construct plans where he can succeed even if he fails.

>Sexing a nun and The Power of God
Sinners

Onaka heta

What is everyone's favorite butt moment? Which moment captivated your desire to forcefully procreate like a savage hip-thrusting animal?

This picture seems like it looks too good to be fanart. Anyone know where it's from?

Apparently it's from this twitter
twitter.com/teruya13
Not sure if he's a mangaka

>The mini-China dress girl slapped her own butt and the brown woman retightened the bandages wrapped around her body. And then the goddesses proclaimed.
“You really are an imperfect human. But now that we’ve taken what you really think to heart…”
“Yes. Now I can truly ‘cry’.”

Between that and the fran scenes there was a lot of butt in nt17