Boruto chapter 18 discussion

Where were you when Hawawa was confirmed in the manga?

>Hawawa
>No headband
>but no appearance of those two other girls

Aww, I wanted her to be a fighter

Fuck off narutards

So wait does this mean the animu shit is her canon backstory?

Pretty much. Though it does look like she won't be focused on the field like regular ninjas, with the lack of the signature protector

Nice meme

yes the whole anime is canon .....

Give her time, she still graduated the academy so she’s still a genin

I was taking a break from browsing sadpanda when the first pic of the spoiler was posted

> make a kunoichi that's actually competent

> send her off to be a lab assitant instead of being out in the field.

why is this allowed?

Does she wear lipstick?

Seems like she's prepared for the Bort.

I imagine they’d want to research her abilities as much as possible before using her in battle first

None of Boruto's classmates from the anime have been shown wearing headbands yet.

borusumi moments confirmed.

Am I missing something, or do Mitsuki, Sarada, Chocho, Inojin, Shikadai, and Metal not have headbands here either?

HE ACTUALLY DID IT, THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

They took them off to watch Naruto and Boruto spar but I didn't point them out because we've already seen them with them on.

(Also Metal's protector is on his waist)

Makes sense, although the two girls in the top right seem to have headbands, I really don’t know what Ikemoto was trying to convey here if anything

Did somebody say...

>The village is going to get destroyed, dismantling any chance of Sarada being Hokage like she dreams.
>Her man is going to get taken away by Hawawa-chan.
What did Sarada do to deserve this?

Being an Uchiha. I fucking hate Uchihas.

having the shittiest characters as her parents.

Sumire is so cute.

being related to pinkshit

The CUTEST. Doujins when?

Still waiting for that apology.

>Still calling Sakura that forced and unfunny name.

Pedro needs to steal a camera first, the one on his phone is broken

They have headbands on because they were runner up designs in a character contest.

For fuck’s sake, IGNORE IT. You really have a waifufag problem if you have that knee jerk instant reaction every time something negative is said about her.

ahaha

Pwahahaha the meltdown is going to be crazy.

I think Sumire will be a ninja and she already have a team, they are part of the new 12 Konoha fighters.
Just give some time...

Holy fuck, the Third Impact is upon us. This is so satisfying to look at. I expect all of you faggots to double time on those screencaps.

We don’t know the exact extent of her involvement and how it relates to her being a ninja, all we know is that she opted out of the exams to work there. Lord knows if she’s actually in a team but I hope to God she is. I was really looking forward to her, Namida, and Wasabi in battle together.

Wasabi,Sumire and Namida are the animal team

Cute.

She's so ugly. Sarada is clearly superior. Although Goth Loli beats them all by miles.

But it's accurate.

I think she is. For instance, Sakura was still part of Team 7 but worked in a hospital and trained under Tsunade as a medical ninja. Now Sumire is still part of Namida and Wasabi's team and is a kunoichi, but also works as a researcher and trains under Katasuke as a scientist. It's not like ninjas can't have more than one occupation. Besides, this is more like an internship for her than an actual job.

She only calls out Boruto-kuns name.

So the "Sumire's filler! She's not canon!" flock has been completely demolished, huh? I haven't seen hide nor hair of them all day.

Sumire blew out everyone in terms of character design, she looks too adorable.

>Shafting Mitsuki like that.
Real cold. He was in the Nui dimension too, you know.

If we’re making Eva references, it’d probably be more accurate to call the Second Impact the “Near Second Impact” since Sakura didn’t actually get NTRed, yet the meltdown was still present. So we’re still waiting for the actual Second Impact. What could possibly generate a meltdown as glorious as the NaruSaku Hall of Anal Devastation?

>Everyone looks like shit.
>Sumire somehow looks good.
Favoritism or a lucky break on her general design?

Yes they got forever BTFO out of existence.

It could be Kishi breathing down his neck.

Thank fucking god. I'm still angry about Hinata.

Look at Hawawa she's smiling like that to Bort the whole time.

Probably right, even for somebody as skilled as Sumire, an internship seems more likely for a student fresh out of the academy depending on how soon after the graduation the manga takes place. Though that begs the question, what about Namida and Wasabi? What are they doing? Did they opt out of the test too? Did they take it without her?

I mean Kodachi is also only human, he can change his mind and pick favorites too. God knows Kishi played favorites hard with Sasuke. I think it might be something similar and Kodachi after the anime Nue arc now has a soft spot for Sumire or some shit. Either way, now that she's introduced as a researcher, I hope she finds something Ootsutsuki related in her research.

>Boruto gets assigned to Science Ninja team
>Kawaki BTFO's regular ninjas e.g. Sarada Mitsuki etc.
>Boruto Sciences his way against Kawaki with the help of Hawawa, Denki and Iwabe

It’s like you can see on salad’s face her awakening mangekyo at the sign of a threat to her own ship. Good thing Naruto’s the one she really wants anyways.

>Did they opt out of the test too? Did they take it without her?

They can't take it without her can they?

They can't. It needs to be a full team if I recall correctly since some of the tests like the Forest of Death one requires a team to work. But Kabuto took it alone so I'm not really sure. Either way, at least Sumire's still a Genin. That counts for something, since Naruto himself was a Genin the whole time until his series ended. She can still be a Genin while contributing to the plot.

>But Kabuto took it alone so I'm not really sure.
No, Kabuto had a team. It was two guys in masks. One could stretch his limbs and the other could suck chakra.

From a previous thread
>In other news, an autistic teenager from a third world shithole committed suicide today after what his parents described as a “meltdown induced by online bullying”. The victim’s suicide note ended with the phrase “Sumirefags, everyone.” Local authorities are still investigating into this matter.

They probably wait for the next year like team Gai. Maybe they were the ones wanting to wait for the next year and that's why Sumire joined the research team because she's already skilled enough.

They could if they had a third teammate, but I doubt they’d go without her

That does make sense, I just wish we had a proper backstory for Namida and Wasabi so it would be easier to explain

I want a scythed goth loli like Rory in Boruto

But Mits was this close to kill her and he's her number one rival to get the Bort

Will Namida be the next Deidara ?

>non diegetic introduction of the character name
Holy shit Ikemothot, you don't have 800 characters like Oda, you're writing Boruto not Logh. Surely you can afford to introduce a character's name in a less lazy way.

Please grebals quote

Why bother? He knows everyone already seen the anime.

She has wood release right? If she has explosion release she could infuse it in wood clones and stuff, and earth water for the wood compliment the lightning earth for explosion release. She would be a Monster.

I was jerking off when the spoilors came out

>Kakei Sumire
>Also known as "class rep"

Also known as Hawawawawawawa

Saladfags have actually killed themselves over this development tonight and that is FANTASTIC.

What about dignity?

Overrated.

There's always something else to move on to downplay her.

No we haven't.

>long twinbraids
>blunt bangs
Best girl confirmed.

Is she still the same in the manga? Gonna summon nue or whatever the fuck?

Nobody even knows if she'll even participate in a fight again

It's basically a never ending cycle of being hopeful and doubtful of Hawawa's screen time and moments

Why do we care?
She's a garbage character in the Anime, and I can't see her being any better by being shoe horned into the manga.

She still has Nue for a reason. They might a deal out of showing that she's still connected to it via her hand tattoo and that Gozu Tennou is related to Kaguya's spacetime jutsu. They didn't HAVE to put it there if they didn't want to use Sumire's character again. They put it there for a reason. I think Sumire being a researcher points her in the direction of perfecting Gozu Tennou unlike how her father failed. I mean Sasuke has that scroll, just needs to give it back so she can work her science on it.

True, but those two episodes were just too interesting that some people want her to be more involved with the action

No one can stop her. Not even Hiashi.

When will we get r34 arts of her?

Dude, rule 34 exists precisely because it already exists.

lads, how long does this mist village field trip last in the anime

I thought the show was finding its footing but then it goes to this piss

Don't worry, just skip straight to episode 32, that's when they come back to Konoha.
If you're a Mistukifag or a fightfag watch episode 31.
If you're a Saladfag watch episode 30.
If you want to see Suigetsu scare the shit out of Inojin and Shikadai for kicks and giggles watch episode 29.

Why should anyone watch the anime over just reading the manga?

Does the anime directly follow the movie or something?

The anime is its own thing, is comfy, looks good, and is well written.
The manga is set further in the future than the anime is and has really, really poor writing and art.
Nobody here really cares for it except fightfags and plotfags. It never fails to make both the villain and the plot underwhelming as fuck somehow. It introduced sort of a new Akatsuki last months and I could yawn just thinking about it. Personally I'd rather watch an entire season of Mitsuki pummeling old ladies for his husbando, Inojin entering art contests, and Sarada helping out old ladies with their train tickets. Ikemoto is just plain bad at his job.

>Personally I'd rather watch an entire season of Mitsuki pummeling old ladies for his husbando, Inojin entering art contests, and Sarada helping out old ladies with their train tickets.
So you like a big helping of nothing?

This is your modern anime fan, everyone.

>character development is nothing now
This is your modern anime fan, everyone.

Big help of nothing>>>>shit.

We can have character development while having a profound story

>B-but Sumire isn't supposed to canon!!!

Anyone that says the anime isn't canon can officially eat a dick

Nobody is cannon until they are....

And the manga has neither.

That's honestly just your opinion on that subject.

>naruto
>profound story
Are you fucking serious right now
The characters and how attached we are to them are the only reason anyone sticks with this shit.

Canon!!! ain't nothing anyone can do about it

It has no character development whatsoever and the plot is huge garbage.
It's all the faults of later naruto from the get go.