What drives people to work?

Serious question, why would you make yourself get up every morning and do something you'd rather not do all day. I tried working for 3 months and I just can't do it, it literally drained all energy out of me and all I would do was work, sleep, eat and browse the internet. I'm going to be NEET and get public housing for the rest of my life. Why are you people willingly making yourselves slaves?

Is it really just money, are you guys that money hungry? kinda sad desu. I love being free and doing whatever I want.

Attached: 1520124594249.png (474x671, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1R2sOr6vZqo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Smart people gain skills and get paid to do things they enjoy.

It used to be you'd 'work' by hunting and gathering. The drive for food and shelter and medicine is innate.

Once you have all 3 given to you by the state the only reason to work is to amass social proof so you can get sex, which is also another fundamental drive after the search for food, shelter and medicine.

If you have sex, food, shelter, medicine, then you work to keep those things. Then from sex comes children, and they need extra food, shelter and medicine, which means extra work. If you can keep those things without working, I don't know why you work.

The vast majority of people are doing something they dont want to do.

Not memeing, I have 2 fuckbuddies as a NEET. Why does working get you sex anymore than being a NEET? Even if women don't like unemployed men you can simply lie, so that's not a problem.

Attached: 1520239303676.png (866x635, 182K)

Airline pilot her. 260K USD / year (US Citizen)

I hate it, but honestly show me a career where I could make half of this for doing nothing ?

Pro tip: You can’t.

That’s what does.

>Serious question, why would you make yourself get up every morning and do something you'd rather not do all day
That's the thing: I'm a shop teacher by day and I make furniture on the side. There's not much that I'd rather do, except maybe go innawoods but I do plenty of that too. Find a job that you enjoy.

I'm not sure why people self cuck so hard. It's been possible to make $20/hr selling fake video game currency since the early 2000s.

You have to be a brainlet to overwork your one god given body for less than you could get trading in a video game.

Attached: Jirayia.jpg (640x480, 45K)

Work for yourself ( if you able to) and make money. Don't earn it

How the fuck did you learn how to type you filthy Abo???

Without work we wouldn't have the civilization we have today which is almost falling apart because of niggers who leach off of welfare... like you.

My government just decided to pass a bill that moves the boundaries of the tax brackets, so that even though I got a massive raise at the start of the year, I will have to pay a total of 200 USD in taxes this year. Hallelujah

Also, none of my taxes go to funding the inept and lazy dregs of society. In Pakistan, you work or you don't eat, and most people take pride in their work, no matter how frugal the pay.

Not that I can expect an Australian to know anything about pride. Go blow another emu.

>It's all falling apart
Europe is falling apart*

Everyone else is just watching with popcorn.

A car

Why should I care about a society that just gives out free money to niggers and glorifies degeneracy? Why shouldn't I fake a few mental illnesses and leech off the system like the nigs?

Nah, we're just waiting for the renewable energy boom so the petro-dollar fail and we can watch all of the Americans panicking the way the cryptocurrency fags are on /biz/.

>56% white population
>implying you aren't falling apart either

You've gotta work your way up, feels better to hire people then.

Being on benefits/welfare is an equally draining state.

God fucking damnit Americans truly have become idiots.

Because i have to fucking eat to live.

youtube.com/watch?v=1R2sOr6vZqo

I currently work part time, I hate work.

I used to work full time I hated that even more.
Get up go to work, eat, drink, sleep x5 days a week, then the anxiety of sunday night thinking of the week ahead again.
Its not as if the majority of jobs have much purpose beyond getting money to be able to go to work.

>It's been possible to make $20/hr selling fake video game currency since the early 2000s.
Tell me how

>why are you people willingly making yourself slaves?
>I'm going to be NEET.
>literally becoming dependant on the government for gibs just because you're a massive faggot that doesn't want to work.
Are you serious?

I kind of like working. It's not a very good job by most people's standards, but I prefer it to the hardcore NEETdom that I used to do. It provides me with money and gets me out of the house.

What do you do that sucks so much?

outside of people scamming medicare there really isn't that much welfare fraud

What do you do now?

Everything.
I've done office jobs, catering, factory,retail,cleaning, etc
It all stinks

I live with my mum, I play video games, go to gym or get one of my fuckbuddies to come to my house and have sex. On Fri/sat I pick up women and get phone numbers. This is 100% better than being a stressed out wageslave with no free time to do anything and clutching do every hour of freedom u can get.

Attached: 1459369152199.png (1456x1108, 67K)

Generally I agree being a member of the NEET aristocracy is preferable to the wagecuck peasant existence but after 6 months of being continually employed in a freight forwarding agency I've gotten used to wagelife. It's fairly comfortable office work, the tasks aren't too demanding and time flies if you have something to do. And you have enough money to spend on new things and experiences.

Attached: 1481049888444.jpg (600x600, 246K)

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, OP, at least in some ways.

There used to be a greater incentive to work back when it was more financially feasible to have a normal life. These days it's far too expensive to raise children. Women these days are just... Jesus Christ, I'm not even going to open up that jar of dismal diatribe. And fuck housing prices in first-world countries. Why in the fuck would somebody shackle themselves to a 30-year mortgage to pay off a $700,000 pile of concrete, wood, and windows? (That's no exaggeration; that's actually an average listing price for a house here.) By the time it's actually paid off, you'll be at the end of your life anyways. TL;DR: nothing seems worth the effort these days. What incentive is there to NOT be a degenerate?

Aside from that, I have pretty bad ADHD, so I think I'd face tremendous difficulty doing the same thing day in day out, even if there was incentive to do so.

Attached: 1520264141805.jpg (661x509, 104K)

German level 1:
Must work.

German level 2:
Can work.

German level 3:
working

German level 4:
I like work.

German level 5:
I like work and working for a better future for me and my children.

German level 6:
God damn, I love work!

German level 7:
I'd love to work but not for jews, niggers and muslims invading my Vaterland.

German level 8:
I'd like to work but must fight foreigners.

German level 9:
Fighting is also work. 14/88

Jokes aside, the currently work is designed to be shit. If you're even give a hint that you possibly like what you do, you'd be mobbed out in a heartbeat. You have smile all the time but give the impression you hate what you do and must be stressed all the time but magically hide it from customers. Also, you cannot have just skills and do something you're good in, you'll have to do many unrelated things so you can suck in something and the boss can give you crap all the time. Sadly there are always people as example that in fact CAN do everything but they're usually in some sect, worship satan or are simply NPC like most "people" these days.

Once everything is over and the world back to normal, jobs must be re-designed to make sense again.

fucking this

It sounds like women like you. This isn't the case for everyone. One thing I like about work is that it gets me money for hiring prostitutes.

most americans are completely brainwashed by the jews, OP. i agree with you completely. society could radically alter how labor in the country works. jobs that don't require physical presence could offer working home, government could force flexible schedules, total work hours in a week could be halved, and so on. but people think it's honorable to live to work for some kike, and have their entire existence defined by hours worked.

it's completely insane of course. but some of us, like you, enjoy having a life that can be lived how we please. unfortunately that is a luxury only for the rich jews in countries like the US

>fall for the uni meme
>spend years in deep depression
>fuck that, leave uni
>start working as a dev instead
>everything is kino
>company starts falling apart years later
>only shit jobs for a year already
>cba looking for another one

imo if you are not 100% forced into a really bad state of living, then you pretty much reap what you sow. just start doing what you like, and you'll find retards who are willing to pay for it, be it fisting your own ass, playing vidya or anything

>mobbed
Don't use this word in English, its meaning in German and English differ.

What i hate is that we're all told to do what we love but its a total lottery that you'll end up liking a line of work with large employment opportunities, and beyond that, something that also pays well.

Its a complete joke that school only exposes us to a small set of subjects that in the end are almost irrelevant to market skill demands.

Why is science even taught these days instead of having 3 branches of IT from year 1. Its a total shitshow trying to get a science job. But IT is everywhere.

>Its a complete joke that school only exposes us to a small set of subjects that in the end are almost irrelevant to market skill demands.

Be 15, school says "what do you want to do for the next fifty years as a job?"
I say, how the fuck should I know I am fifteen years old you stupid cunts.

>Everyone else is just watching with popcorn.

Your country is literally a breeding ground for zionism. You're just as fucked as we are, Burgermutt

it's also worth stating that even if you "love" what you do, once it becomes work, you probably won't always love it. i liked playing guitar and making my own music, but hated it when i joined a band. sure i was still playing guitar and writing music, but now i had to make creative compromises with the people i played with, and fix my schedule to work with theirs. so say you love programming, but you want to program some retarded game you've dreamed of making. you might do a job well programming lines of codes into a kike's proprietary jew-ware, but it's still going to burn you out, because you'd rather be programming your gay game that you have little time for anymore with the kike putting you in a time crunch to debug his jew-ware.

Right now I'm doing it for self-improvement.
Retail can be pretty shitty, meaningless work, but it drags me out of the house and teaches me about people, and how to deal with people.
It's a love-hate relationship. It's as boring to me as anything else someone would do to maintain their life, but people are fascinating and, sometimes, hilarious.

Attached: 1518792703220.jpg (1052x1200, 219K)

Depends on the work & the hours, numbnuts

Were sick and homestuck for half a year. Tried the neetlive and failed misserable. How can people live like this? Its almost like a vegetable state and worst of all, 24h computer have driven me here. Now im stuck forever

And the majority of people aren't smart

There are no gibs that here for whitey also no one is going to pay my apartment and bills. How the fuck do I become a neet, without lowering my living standarts?

Beta providing is dead anyway.There's literally no reason to work. Lol @ wagecucks, slaving their lives away for the Jew. Add it all up, between eating/shitting/bathing/sleeping(accounts for 2/3rds of your life)/decrepit elderly years, etc. combined with a typical back-breaking 9-to-5...your entire life is eaten up. On top of that the government takes half of everything you make! Hahaha.

Attached: LYWJWjj.png (593x518, 566K)

The vast majority of people are just average, mediocre intelligence, but that's exactly the way it has to be. If every single person excelled in some particular field, first-world countries would look like Calcutta because there would be nobody doing sanitation jobs.

Attached: JK.jpg (478x467, 136K)

Just got out of college, I landed a job with lots of free time (not a problem to hang on the computer while at work), and the "real" work is 90% social interactions with people. It is not very stressful, and I have 3 days of weekend so plenty of time for myself.
I make 51,600k€ a year, and I pay taxes on half of this amount only. When I start to make more I might look into tax easing schemes so that I don't give to much to all those leeches.

Honestly, working is great. NEETs are just failures with shitty lives.

Fear, social approval, and a lack of experience of having been so.
t. have spent years homeless

>of having been so.
of not having been so.*

>get paid to do things they enjoy
Feels great

Attached: 1501008792497.jpg (253x229, 48K)

To be honest
I get bored at home after a while. To a degree I like interacting with people, driving my car and pretty much having a routine. Also I’m my own boss so I make my own hours.
Personally I’d love to win the lotto, 1k a day for life. I’d still work but having that level of security would make life so sweet

Guess what genius if I go to work I'll just be feeding niggers and single moms if the welfare state collapsed or got reformed and I suddenly didn't lose 1/3 of my paycheck to taxes I would reconsider working more in college.

Attached: 1521617693641.jpg (488x483, 40K)

Start your own business. Its the most fulfilling way to earn a living.

I get neetbux and started to work for my uncle 2-3 days a week so it's ok

this thread lmao

Attached: 1519766171594.png (1834x555, 441K)

Because I have goals in life. I'm saving money so I can start my own business, get married, start a family, etc. I pity the neet just sitting at home playing vidya with future.

Attached: 17F2AE4A-41CA-4C6A-958D-DA18C7AB364F-64762-000036F6CDE361BF.png (1238x1312, 250K)

>Dominican Republic
is being a NEET even possible over there?

I can't deal with being a leech. I started volunteer work on my second week of welfare and had a job after another 8. I wouldn't even collect the money I am entitled to if I lost my job now. I would rather lose a significant amount of my time at work than lose all my time to my own guilt.

Attached: 1430744242493.jpg (850x1095, 165K)

this but unironically

Attached: 1516327440777.jpg (342x350, 20K)

I get to walk around outside all day doing my work. It's healthy and stimulating. I get a good mix of social interaction and solitude in the woods. I spent 3 years jobless when I got some inheritance. I traveled some, but mostly just say around smoking weed. I had some fun with friends and hobbies, but it wasn't fun after a year. In fact it was downright depressing.

Now I'm happy, I'm making decisions for the future instead of living day to day. Life is more fulfilling.

The stoics from ancient Greece say it best when they say, "practice scarcity in the abundant times so that when scarcity comes, you're well prepared and are less-disrupted by the hardships." A bit of sacrifice, or delayed gratification, multiplies the rewards available to you in life. Financial Independence is freedom from the system, and that freedom does wonders for your emotional state. It's life on easy mode.

I need to pay my flat (its a big mancave) and I like expensive shit like cameras and a car. So I need to work.
I probably retire around 50yo tho

This is also how they destroy the family unit by giving women what they need causing them to need a husband less, causing the little kids to grow up fatherless and then the cycle continues but with more criminals

Smart man.

In an answer to OP, I work because I like to eventually buy the few things that allow me to unwind after work.

I found though, that when I once had 2 weeks of work and hadn't planned any holidays or trips or activities, I was bored out of my skull just being on the internet or walking around the park after a week.
God knows I need a few more fucking hobbies, but now I know we as a species have a job mostly for financial security but also to occupy our time. If we had food, shelter, medicine, and sex all provided for in abundance, but nothing else to occupy our time we'd go crazy really fucking fast.

It isn't the optimal outcome we'd like, but the way this world is for humanity at least keeps it turning.

Attached: OjLdOr0.jpg (840x762, 45K)

Damn. I want to do that.

Has your country been accumulating gold at all in preparation?

Sanitation can also be a field to excel in. One might not fanatically *love* the work like a grain-belt bible-basher loves Jesus, but if you look at the way some cleaning-attendants in Japan work they take personal pride in their work. Making something spotless and really wringing out every ounce of efficiency they can garner in their daily routine can be like speedrunning a 100% highscore in a game.

I usually drive myself, but sometimes I get a lift with someone I'm working with.

Gold is mostly a meme. For the collapse you should stock up on bullets, guns, non perishable food, water and other essentials that people would need. I don't even want to spend my shekels on weed or booze anymore I just want to prepare for the collapse first.

Attached: 1521391240120.png (748x736, 707K)

>taxed.com
Genius

Attached: 1521044117123.jpg (474x473, 12K)

Care to elaborate? For example I like writing but there are so many writers and books nowdays I'll be lucky to make a pound.

The world's changing. Men need to learn how to live off of women. Only date chicks that make good money. Become a live in boyfriend. Women are the future user.

>Got to work at 6:35, get there at 6:55 because its 10km away from me and traffic is extremely light during that time
>Check 4 semi-truck and trailers for tyre punctures and general condition.
>If something is wrong, call someone to fix it.
>Work done at 7:45
>Play with balls until 16:15, do checks again on 0-3 outgoing trucks
>Go home at 17:00, reach home at 17:20. Repeat 5 days a week.
>Collect $1800 plus overtime every month.

Attached: 1516482306041.jpg (644x833, 175K)

in most cases you just need a mom with a basement.

Ok. But a country needs gold to continue after a reset

They arent creative enough to have their own persuits and so have to be told by others what to do. Do not conflate work with job, everyone works, its human nature. A job is working for someone else, being a slave.

Also, I have all that other stuff. Personally I'm preserving most of my wealth in precious metals because memes are real

I have sex with all the hottest girls at my job. I'd literally work here for free as long as I had somewhere to live.

I wasn't being ironic in the least.

People need to work so you can eat their yields, you ungrateful bastard. How about givingsomething for exchange? Do you think thehome you livein was build by someone for fun? The crops and meat you eat? The computer you use?

la creatura...

Answers are: Greed, capitalism and materialism

Also, remember that medieval peasants didn't work half as many hours as modern day western worker

>Wagecuck, you're fired.
Got fired 2 weeks ago, i was always miserable. My mom forced me to work cause i'm over 18 already, i didn't last a full month due to dropping a spatula in the fryer.

Attached: 1494203238664.jpg (1280x800, 187K)

I hate my job and life and there’s no escape

>Bulgaria
you don't even really get NEETbux there, do you? i remember a Bulgarian on Sup Forums saying he was self-taught in programming and making bank (relative for Bulgaria) in IT. maybe you should teach yourself those skill, user.

Attached: bulgearia.png (475x295, 15K)

>do something you’d rather not do all day

Sounds like you’re in the wrong line of work. I have my own business, I love my job. I look forward to doing it each day. I want for nothing and I’m happy with myself. Do what I do. Find something you enjoy doing, get good at it, when you’re good at it start charging people.

>lives in a country where being "agender fat unicorn butt" is a valid gender
>implying europe is more fucked than this

>What drives people to work?
you get in jew trouble if you dont

if you divide their work for entire year, you mean?
During the season they had to work from dusk till dawn, they only had free time in winter

>What drives people to work?
couldnt tell you bra. stay-at-home-dad master race here. the ONLY socially acceptable form of NEET

Attached: 1515589839384.jpg (393x600, 63K)

The wage slave is docile and craves the submission that comes with having a boss tell him when to show up to work and what to do. The sheep finds comfort with the shepherd, they'd be lost without him.

>>Bulgaria
>you don't even really get NEETbux there, do you?

Nope(no welfare) but if you insist I'll come take dem swede gibs.

>i remember a Bulgarian on Sup Forums saying he was self-taught in programming and making bank (relative for Bulgaria) in IT. maybe you should teach yourself those skill, user.
I should, but i'd love to learn engendering. Programming sector is good, also currently using sololearn app.

>medieval peasant: gets his house built by 50 other people from the village, in exchange for helping out when someone else's house is built
>modern worked: lol fuck you got mine

This sounds exactly like how fat people claim genetics on their being fat. You're not genetically excused from having a job. Get off your lazy ass and do something you enjoy retard