Why there is no more violence in shonen?

In the 90s authors had no problem with gore and characters deaths even on shonen jump.
Today the most popular shonen series basically nobody can die, and there is no gore anymore.

Stricter rules on anime, also tone probably. The ones I see now seem a bit too soft for a killing protagonist

Maybe you should check less popular series.
For example, Kimetsu no Yaiba has a fuckton of violence the last arc has people being unironically cut in half.

I will give it a try.
Though in the 80s/90s even the most popular series had things like pic related

Because diferent times, more strict laws, Politicians and the media have been infantilizing the audience through the years, so the age target they're aiming for is lower and lower.

JoJo was always its own thing like that. The fact that it never got its own anime until 2012 and it's gore is regularly censored no doubt is a factor.

Wrong.

It's mostly a thing in shounen jump than general shounen. And even in WSJ, there's some exceptions.

>HxH
>new
Are you retarded?

>came out in 2011
>not new
Dumbfuck

(You)

>people being unironically cut in half.
demons

It happen to humans as well.

don't you remember one piece like five-seven years ago where ace got punched through the chest

most popular shounen in the world

>Happens once(1) in the entire series after a literal war and rescue mission that lasted several chapters
>Characters in JoJo were donoughted several times before One Piece even started
What's your point?

Anime or Manga?

I do agree - it seems like a lot of modern shonen - are made for teenagers specfically while 90s Shonen were made for a more adult audience

One Piece needs more death. I only got up to the end of Sky Island and the fact that like no one died after that entire apocalypse baffled me. I'm not saying make it edgy by any means but it feels nothing has consequences.

The story was conceived in 1998, dumbfuck.

Fucking this.
>Enel starts a mercyless survival game
>Forecast only five survivors
>Battle is great
>Too bad everyone fucking lives, even normal people who got several million volts worth thunders right in the face

Daki did bisect multiple humans with her sash.

I second Kimetsu no Yaiba is in my opinion the most promising new battle shounen.
The author isn't scared to kill good characters, and there's also some gore & blood.
The series is a bit slow at the start, but once it gets going it's really good.

Shones are for 14yo kids

the more violent arcs were released late 2000 so thats close enough

Fuck I forgot how fun this fight was

Something about standards changing for what's acceptable to show in a kids' series. A lot of the popular series in seinen magazines these days are more like what you'd seen in 80s/90s shounens, violence-wise.

how does one ironically cut someone in half

Nth'ing the Kimetsu no Yaiba recommendations.

>This tame as shit counts as gore

Faggots nowadays

Anyway Op, read more you fucking nigger. Your power level is pathetic

Fuck off

>Jojofag
>Probably jumped on the ship because of the anime
>Praise gore and violence like a fucking underagetard

Figured

>The author isn't scared to kill good characters.
Oh, c'mon, the author just killed plot devices by now. Plus: the best thing about manga is the interactions, the fights are basically flashy movements and screams. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool series, but it's still far from being something unique as many say, and having blood and gore doesn't change that.

I didn't "jumped on the ship", I read the manga before you retard ever did, I also read Baoh and all the others Araki works.
I also have the complete JoJo series up to the last JoJolion tankobon published in my country, as well as every other spin off, novel and unrelated Araki works like "Lives of Eccentrics".

Gore was the point of the thread, so fuck off

It is gore, even if it isn't a gorefest or is mild compared to other manga.

>the best thing about manga is the interactions
Agree with this.

> the author just killed plot devices by now.
The death of Rengoku wasn't a plot decive, it did nothing to drive the plot forward. Rengoku could just have gone with Tanjiro to his father, his death was unnecessary from a plot standpoint.

>Why there is no more violence in shonen?
Magi,Sinbad no bouken and Nanatsu no Taizai are pretty violence.

Rengoku was clearly a character made to die. He barely appeared and was already executed. That is, he was only introduced to help the trio = plot device.

You're one of the most unironic, edgy redditors I've seen in some time.

One can aruge that every character exists to drive the plot, therefore every character is a plot device.

The death of Rengoku wasn't necessary, most other shounen authors would have let him survive. He barely drove the plot forward, and was introduced together with all the other Pillars.

t. edgy redditor

I still wonder how the fuck was Araki able to show that on 2001 Shonen Jump

Why are her hips like that

Part 6 was a weird period for Araki artstyle

Even Dragonball randomly had gore for a few scenes that had to be censored in the anime version (like Gohan killing the Cell Jrs). Standards were just looser back then.