Hakyū Hōshin Engi

youtu.be/suDOUNwC8eg

>January 12th 2018 air date
>Director: Masahiro Aizawa
>Series Composition: Natsuko Takahashi
>Script: Rintarou Ikeda, Yoshiki Ōkusa
>Music: Maiko Iuchi
>Character Design: Yoshimitsu Yamashita

Looks kind of like they may just completely skip the first half of the series and dive straight into the Sennin War arc.

CV: Yoshimasa Hosoya

CV: Nobunaga Shimazaki

CV: Takahiro Sakurai

CV: Kousuke Toriumi

CV: Kensho Ono

CV: Yūichi Nakamura

CV: Tomoaki Maeno

I remember reading the mango years ago, I dont think I ever finished this. I hope they keep digging the 90s to adapt stuff.

CV: KENN

CV: Makoto Furukawa

Man, I just hope they don't fuck up.

CV: To be announced

CV: To be announced.

It's worth finishing, it's one of those overlooked gems of the 90's

I guess maybe later when the mangafags getting angry and keep on posting "read the manga retard". Also, the PV ost seems hyped as fuck, I was expecting it to be fully hardstyle near the end there.

What's with the feet? Or are they 90's aesthetics?

90's aesthetics.
The original manga was like that.

>2017
>Still no studio can do the justice of HE aesthetic
Come on, Japan

To be fair it's pretty fucking hard to adapt FujiRyuu's art, they have some amazing visuals.

How does this relate to the first anime?

>Cho Koumei got two covers.

No, I just can't get past the silly designs, same as I couldn't with the original series.
And a freaking flying Moomin too.

So should I read the manga first if I want to watch this? I remember reading some of it almost a decade ago and kind of liking it.

You should read the manga because it's good, user.

You really should read the manga. It has one of the most extraordinary MC ever.

i need the mountain konron massacre in my life

I thought something is strange. Guess people would said this will be a Brotherhood like adaption were wrong.

I would but this series again just for the covers.

I want my boy Raishinshi to show up.

>Looks kind of like they may just completely skip the first half of the series and dive straight into the Sennin War arc.

That would be disappointing. If they're not willing to go all in, then why remake it at all? The first adaption already covering the first half is not a valid reason, as it was a shit adaption and most people have been actively trying to forget about it. Either put in the necessary effort and money or don't fucking bring the series back from the grave.

who in the series could have beaten him 1v1?

Alien bitch and maybe Fuuki

>remembering yaoi fics with him and Nataku
Man, those were the days.

But why.

>Knew Alien Bitch will wake up some day and destroy the seal all along
>Leave the weakest member of the group (Fuuki) to defeat it
They are not too smart for smartest being in the universe, aren't they?

The first arcs were so comfy too. The best parts of the manga were when the MC was just fucking around and traveling.

I hope this means more fanart

They really should start from the beginning but I guess this is expected if they’re not committing many episodes to this anime.

Haven't read the manga, I plan to. I ask the manga readers, how can this end up being a good adaptation. If it ends up getting 2 cours at least, does it have chances of not being complete shit? How many episodes would be necessary for a full adaptation, since they are reviving it, it would make sense to do a complete adaptation, or am I delusional to think the Nips have any common sense.

If it is 1 cour and it adapts a bunch of volumes, I assume it will automatically be shit.

>weakest member of the group (Fuuki)
I don't remember that.

Could be pretty good with 2 cours. They would have to cut some stuff though, but should be able to keep the good stuff. A full adaptation would probably be 3 cours?

Maybe they'll go the Ushio to Tora route. It could also be an incomplete adaptation that only reaches a certain point in the manga. I hope it ends up being good, it would be stupid to revive this to give it another shit anime.

First anime was an pretty half assed rushed adaptation of the first 5'ish volumes within the space of like 14/15 eps before spiralling off into a trainwreck. It was also made for a Saturday morning deadzone timeslot so couldn't really do much.

So short gist of it is first anime is pretty much it's own thing, only good thing to come out of it was the OP and ED themes, just read the manga.

>I would but this series again just for the covers.
It's not just the cover art that was redone, inside spreads as well.

For this arc specifically? 2 cours would be the ideal amount, Sennin war arc is roughly 40 chapters I think. However I think with the huge cast and weird world this series has you'd need more eps to introduce people in. But I don't think you'd need 2 cours to do 40 chapters so it works about right.

>it would make sense to do a complete adaptation, or am I delusional to think the Nips have any common sense.
If anything considering how much world and character building this series has even a 4 cour series would be stretching to properly adapt it. It's a 204 chapter series and each chapter is actually quite meaty. Also unlike most series which try to focus on a single protagonist group to revolve around. Houshin Engi tries to flesh out a MASSIVE amount of characters, you constantly have main members leaving and switching up as the story goes on.

Best indicator to work with you have the recent Ushio to Tora adaptation which was a 4 cour adaptation of a 304 chapter series but left out chunks in order to do so.

It was implied Taijou Roukan would be able to at least stalemate him simply because neither could hurt each other.

Too bad the guy was so fucking lazy he couldn't even be assed breathing.

Is the old anime really that bad? I might have the nostalgia glasses on but I remember it was at least decent for 90's standards.

One of the worst WSJ adaptations and boy are there some bad adaptations for WSJ.

I'm really excited for this, the art looks way better than I imagined, faithful to the manga as far as I remember. I just hope the quality remains consistent more than anything and that the animation is at least halfway decent and not a bunch of slideshows.

Oh right and that song from the PV is off putting as fuck, I hope it's a placeholder or something.

Bunchuu could've given him a run for his money. Dakki was strong as fuck but her paopei wasn't exactly meant for fighting as much as the other two.

From what PV shows, the story will at least go until Vol.17 out of 23.

Honestly those covers are sooo good they make you expect the manga art to be 10x time better than it is. I dig the artist's style but his art in general wasn't all that great in the manga.Those covers came up way after as well.

That would suck dick, the first couple of volumes of the manga aren't all that great but just speed up the pace a little, no need to take them away, especially because they add a lot of build up and Taikobou gets royally fucked several times on those first chapters really putting into perspective the difficulty of his task.

>It's not just the cover art that was redone, inside spreads as well.
what, where can I find these? I had no idea. The series didn't really have that many spreads though.

>Taijou Roukan
Who? This story has so many characters it's hard to keep up.

Well the PV seems to show a few things from the first volume or so, that and from volume 17, hope they don't jump from vol.1 to vol.12 or something like that.

>Taijou Roukan
One of the 3 great sennin.

3 Great sennin
>Genshitenson - Taikubou master & Kongrong mountain leader
>Tsuuten Kyoushu (weakest) - Dakki & Bunchuu master. Kingou Island leader. Also Youzen's father.
>Taijou Roukun (strongest but lazy) - Shinkouhyou (clown)'s master. He's the one who give Taikubou super paopei.

Man I hope they don't skip any arc.

Only 2 cours (with 24 episodes per cour) can do the justice of HE.

Not really a fan of this bland design.

I'd be happy with two cour. Things may be cut but one cour would definitely bring no justice to the series.

The PV shows scenes from the first chapters, though? Maybe a 52-episode anime?

Isn't the fight with Bunchuu 100+ chapters in though? Would a PV for a 52 ep anime show something that far in?

That's why it's weird. It shows the beginning when Taikoubou received his paopei, but also the Bunchuu fight and Fugen, which are intorduced way late.

Maybe the beginning will be skipped over as flashbacks?

>The official anime twitter has 58k followers

The fujos won't let this flop, right?

They should if it sucks.

The artist really did some cool artwork pieces for those rereleases.

I'll watch it just for the Moomin.

If this is really that popular with fujos, then why the fuck didn't they remake it earlier.

Pick her Seiyuu Sup Forums

It's the epitomy of a underrated gem that got lost to time. If I remember it's run in Jump it always played second fiddle to everything because it came out during the 90's golden era.

It was popular/successful enough to be recognized as a good series and outlast all the other series.

But in that same era it shared the magazine alongside series like Hikaru no Go, HxH, One Piece, Naruto, Shaman King, I's, Yugioh, Rurouni Kenshin, Jigoku Sensei Nube, Captain Tsubasa.

Many of those either vividly remembered or still active 20 years later.

Some user did a dump of them a while back, maybe they're still hanging around, I only grabbed a few.

Well, hopefully they do a proper remake, if they don't Shuiesha can go fuck off and die.