If you don't let me win this children's card game I'm going to kill myself right here

>If you don't let me win this children's card game I'm going to kill myself right here
>I'm gonna jump, don't make me
What the fuck

his little brother's soul was at stake, don't pretend it was just about winning the card game since he never pulled this shit again afterwards

To be fair this was a case of him wanting to save his brother.
Now him starting battle city in an attempt to get the God Cards just so he can beat Yugi and casually brushes off all the casualties caused by it, that was insane.

Kaiba is shown doing magic Batman shit, was there no other way he could have gotten into Pegasus' castle?

He already got there you dumbass.
It's the fact that Pegasus wouldn't give Mokuba his soul back unless Kaiba dueled him, and he wouldn't duel him unless Kaiba beat Yugi

Kaiba is willing to kill himself to win a card game.
Atem was willing to kill a man to win a card game.

Both look ridiculous on the surface. That was the point after all.

Why didn't Kaiba invent Momentum earlier and use the superiority of Synchros to defeat Yugi?

Im more confused how a hologram can actually push someone off a cliff

>Both look ridiculous on the surface.
By that I mean, motivations aside, it's crazy what they are doing. Yugi brings humanity and reason back in by not having anyone lose or take a life over a damn card game.

He threaten to jump off himself

why is YGOTAS so based

Hey, it worked, didn't it?

Because you're fourteen.

IIRC the holograms are some kind of hard light, though I don't think this ever gets explained in the original anime, just heavily implied from everyone's excessive reactions to having their monster die

The card game is just the way they settle conflicts, it's not the actual reason people are putting lives on the line, as and explain

i'm 28!

Why did no one just call the police?

"Rich billionaire kidnaps young boy and traps him on his private island."

That's fucking international news.

I know that, that's why I said you look at the situation putting motivations aside to see how fucked up it had become. Someone is willing to put his own life in danger so he won't lose and the other is okay with killing him to win.

Despite their noble motivations, their behavior isn't admirable and Kaiba gets btfo hard by Anzu for being a coward hiding his hopelessness behind a tough guy veneer.

less filler

You can't really put motivations aside to properly judge that, though.

This tournament was held on a Private island owned by Pegasus. There's a lot of shit he could've done to make that not a possibility.

Does Fubuki have a sister complex?

Seto didn't even believe in souls.

Nii-sama~

I will take into account how things play out in reality. If man starts losing the card game and points a gun to his head threatening to blow his brains out if he loses and the other guy is "sure thing man", something has gone wrong here. Even with the motivations in mind, it still isn't right.

Kaiba was a gigantic tool to do what he did. Yugi wasn't for refusing to kill a person to win a game and consequently facing defeat, even with what was at stake for him, which mirrored Kaiba's own situation.

Seto was taught that losing is death. His step-father lost and that resulted in his suicide. If Kaiba cant resuce the only family he has left then he isnt even worthy of being alive.

Mokuba is his Jimmny Cricket. He is the last part of Seto's humanity and the one thing he loves other than himself.

Seto literally did nothing wrong. He was just playing by the rules he himself was taught.

>Seto literally did nothing wrong. He was just playing by the rules he himself was taught.
You can still do things wrong by following your upbringing.

I like to think the card game side to the yugioh universe exists seperately from the real world side and there's no real overlap.

"Rich billionaire kidnaps young boy and traps him on his private island."

Would be a headline but

"Rich billionaire kidnaps young boy and traps him on his private island to play card games."

Everyone would instantly lose interest because it's just more crazy card game shit.

good thing his body was also kind of in the rape dungeon too.

He wanted to do whatever it took to achieve is objective, but then he got Vegeta syndrome, and is full of muh-pride ever since battle city.

Do you think Pegasus ever...you know...played his Lord of D?

Yes.

It's just Kaiba being Kaiba

What the fuck is his problem?