youtube.com/watch?v=4MufpTRglPw
youtube.com/watch?v=hoWw2TMOlrA
youtube.com/watch?v=YnzEfY8Slh4
youtube.com/watch?v=CCTFjOMxqM4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jupiter>Mars>Venus>Mercury>TuxedoMask>Saturn>Uranus>Neptune>Chibi>Moon

/Thread

Mars>Venus>>>>>>>>>>Everyone else

Literally just finished R. Is S going to be better? What can I expect from S?

S is a little heavier on the melodrama, but character dynamics are more enjoyable than they've ever been and the animation gets a little more expressive.

A boring, poorly written mess.

>Is S going to be better?
No.

My reaction to S

what's the best sailor moon hentai?

That one where sailor moon invites all the animes to her marriage

Sailor and the 7 ballz my dude. Someone post it for a laugh.

SEX

>tfw crystal was such a flop that it killed your interest in SM for about two years
I'm getting back into it now, but man, what a bummer that whole thing was.

Bump

Worse villain in S but thats fine, the show stars going anal bleach in season 4 with the horses and shit

season 5 is the gay sex season.

Watch this if you want a laugh.

youtube.com/watch?v=VjiJkt0m9pE

holy hell

I fucking love sailor moon

>Tuxedo Kamen jerking off behind a bush
Fucking lel

Beautiful

Almost done with S its a mess. so i went on MAL to see who was responsible.
He cant keep getting away with it ..

S always felt like they threw 10 different plot ideas in a blender and wrote it in a weekend. People only like because muh dark moody atmosphere and muh lesbians.

I liked it because character dynamics were at their peak so the comedy was best. Chibiusa's appearance also didn't mean everyone else got extremely marginalised like it did in SuperS.

In the first episode of S when Rei was commenting over Usagi's terrible scores and actually being quite kind hearted about it, I was reminded of how those two bitched and fought in season 1 and how much had changed. The characters actually growing and changing has to be one of the real strengths of Sailor Moon.

>people dislike both S and the dub when masterpieces like this scene exist
youtube.com/watch?v=4MufpTRglPw

Sailor Moon Says is a great channel, comments are cancer though.

Chibiusa actually got less screen time in S but still had a presence

Dubs were a mistake

I see what you did there.

This song sounds a lot like the theme

youtube.com/watch?v=hoWw2TMOlrA

Oh thank God

Sailor Moon R:
-Slice of life 7/10
-Romance: 2/10
-Sentai: 5/10
-Animation: 6/10

Sailor Moon S:
-Slice of Life: 9/10
-Romance: 6/10
-Sentai: 8/10
-Animation: 9/10

I have such a boner for Haruka and I can't understand why. Tomboys and short-hair are emphatically not my thing.

The faces have to be one of the best parts of Sailor Moon.

They wrote each season in tandem with the manga, and they had to shift things because they ignored things that Naoko used as plot points.

I liked it better.

Personally I rank them as: Stars>S>R>1st>Super S>First half of R

Maybe because she's one of the best characters in the show? I have a few characters from series I have an unnatural attraction to, despite them having none of my fetishes.

Usagi is one of them.

Possibly. I'm a Marsfag, but damn.

youtube.com/watch?v=YnzEfY8Slh4

>sailor moon is the pinnacle of bad dubbing second only to CardCaptor Sakura
>people like both of these because of nostalgia

>...no

youtube.com/watch?v=CCTFjOMxqM4

YAMETE

Oh fuck that's the episode I'm watching right now.

What? S has great villains. I don't even remember the scrubs from R, they were garbage.
How does that differ from any other season? Sailor Moon never had a good plot.

>S always felt like they threw 10 different plot ideas in a blender and wrote it in a weekend.
Well it was planned out by the guy who wrote Utena.

It's truly disgusting.

I love Usagi.

I don't mean like a waifu - nothing sexual or romantic. I just. Love. Her. I get what the senshi see in her.

Am I strange?

>DAE like the incredibly popular main character from a world famous series?
No, you are precious and unique snowflake.

Not at all. She's the focus of the show and you're suppose to like her. And especially in this day in age when every female protagonist has to be a generic male action hero with boobs and can't be clumsy or naive, she stands out as unique and fun.

I can see why some people don't like her. But I love her positive attitude and reactions to everything. Just like I like Kinomoto Sakura or Ahiru.

>And especially in this day in age when every female protagonist has to be a generic male action hero with boobs and can't be clumsy or naive
What fucking shows are you talking about, because it doesn't sound any of the little girl cartoons I'm watching.

>DAE like the incredibly popular main character from a world famous series?
Yeah, I suppose. I never really felt this way about a fictional character though.

I wish she really did rule the world.

Probably because I'm talking about American/British TV.

>because it doesn't sound any of the little girl cartoons I'm watching.
Fair point. Cartoons aren't doing it that much...yet.

Moon and Chibi are literally THE BEST senshi and no one else can compete.

Well there's you're answer. It's not about "this day and age", it's (presumably) about Western writers being more keen on advocating their politics than making entertaining characters.
I don't watch enough regular TV to know how common it is though.

I actually really like Chibi Usa. Because she's a parody of her own mother. And it's nice to see her succeed and fail at the same time, just like her mom.

>man with boobs
I still don't understand this argument. What does it actually mean? Women aren't a different species. There's going to be plenty of crossover in personality between men and women.

It means that women like Rey from Star Wars and Michael from Star Trek could be replaced with a male actor and literally nothing would change. They're written like generic male action leads, but then the actor they get to play them is a woman. Thinking that this will win them diversity points.

A character like Usagi on the other hand couldn't just be replaced by a man. Not only because the romance story wouldn't work, but huge swaths of her personality and reaction to things only works in the context of being female. Replace Rey in Star Wars with a man and you get...the same exact character. Just with a different actor.

I like pairs that bicker but secretly love each other. Everything else is just candy.

Well, any child of Usagi's going to end up unusual to say the least. Chibi-Usa turned out pretty well considering how dysfunctional her mother is.

She's pretty alright, and wasn't really what I disliked about SuperS.

Because she spends all her time with Pu. You know, until she goes back in time and gets corrupted by her mom.

I just got into sailor moon about a year ago, and its become my favorite anime. Usagi is just so sweet and cute. How can one character be so perfect?

>How can one character be so perfect?
Because she's so far away from being perfect she captures your attention and tricks you into thinking she is perfect.

>Everything else is just candy.
You mean like pink sugar heart candy?

>implying her faults dont make her cuter

I'd like an anime featuring Chibi usa as an adult in the future.

In the style of the old anime of course. Not any of this crystal shit.

One can dream.

Actually, I was implying her faults are what makes her a good character...

Which makes her perfect.

>best girl
That'd be Rei Hino.

Yet, I came here to post best Sailor Moon episode, being ウラヌス達の死? タリスマン出現.

>Actually rating R over S

Holy shit how did this place get so contrarian. S ends up as the greatest season of anime ever. Outside of a handful of great episodes R is the biggest cancer in the series and does more to fuck up and ruin the potential of the plot and characters than any other season.

Nobody actually likes the S/SuperS dub though. All the nostalgia is for the DiC episodes and all the crazy edits.

I'm sorry, but i think Professor tomoe is worse than Wiseman.

Wiseman is a scheming sorcerer that travels space and time and they need 2 silver crystals to take him out. i think he also is the planet nemesis as well. He gets up to crazy shit like time traveling and meeting galaxia and tells her the future or something.

Tomoe is just a nutty professor, however his subordinates are much better and funnier than in the ones in.

Not to say i don't like both seasons, my original post merely preferred R because of wiseman.

Sailor Moon S while it is good thematically for what it explored then the prior seasons, if you want to watch Ikuhara fanfic simply watch Revolutionary Girl Utena. It's everything he wanted S to be.

I don't remember Wiseman actually ever doing anything. Shit, I don't even remember whatever scenes he presumably had talking to his generals. Unless I've just totally forgotten lots of exciting details he's as interesting as Metalia, which is not at all.

And what the fuck does R have going for it? The derpy alien twins were better than the Black Moon fags.

Wiseman isn't very present in early R since he's working behind the scenes. Isn't even present in like half of the nemesis arc.

I suppose i like that scheming and manipulation.

>I'm sorry, but i think Professor tomoe is worse than Wiseman.

Wut? I don't even know why you're comparing these two. Tomoe is a crazy mofo initially motivated by the love of his daughter, while Wiseman is the Metalia/Pharaoh90 of his season.

>Wiseman is a scheming sorcerer that travels space and time and they need 2 silver crystals to take him out. i think he also is the planet nemesis as well.

You're seriously trying to justify this in terms of power level bullshit? Even outside of the manga? Especially when Safir and his desire for vengence is just a far more interesting character

That is why I treasure Rei and Usagi camaraderie, they can snark and retort at each other and get emotional over the other. Yet, nothing come in the way of their friendship.

But what scheming and manipulation? I don't remember anything like that.

Sure tomoe is basically pharao 90 but he only appears really at the last episode and doesn't really do anything.

Maybe i have underestimated pharao 90, maybe i should rewatch season 3 again.

I actually loved the safir part. That feel when he dies and whichever it was of the phantom sister crying.

>And what the fuck does R have going for it?
It's not fanfiction :^)

Well TL;DR tricks all the exiles on nemesis to take over earth by manipulating dimande. Tricks them into thinking they're not welcome and they can't co-exist.

He's making shit up. All he does is trick the Black Moon clan into working for him. Unless there's some crazy shit he does in the manga or other continuities I don't know about.

>He cant keep getting away with it ..
Ah, yet he can and will.

Hope you are ready for whatever anime he have in mind for MAPPA.

What the hell are you even trying to say? How does R of all things have less make-up-on-the-fly bullshit?

He used the "I'm just shitposting please ignore me" emoticon, what more do you need to know?

This is my wallpaper. Say something nice about her.

Best Girl.

It have been literally, LITERALLY stated in the thread R is at least consistent meanwhile S is

Impeccable wallpaper.

Rei Hino is my Goddess. I love her to the moon and back. I plan on making a dedicated shrine to her in my room.

I may have to borrow this wallpaper now, user.

I just thought the R Movie was gorgeous is all.

Those old Toei movies are always gorgeous even if the plot is usually shit