Best tropes

>Character relies on skill and combat pragmatism rather than OP bullshit to win fights

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zdNHI72D628?t=10m51s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pic not related

>literally shoots nukes
>not bullshit

Why did he grow a foot and have his skin go dark and hair turn white again?

Archer's tactics are better than most servants (not saying very much), but he has his fair share of OP bullshit. He's a glass cannon in most respects, but not many servants get to have an NP for almost any situation.

>Implying his np is not bs

Every JoJo character except Giorno and Diavolo.

Wrong pic, OP.

His np is literally every np he's every seen, that's one of the greatest bs this game ever had

How is being able to pull the string of a bow that size that far back w/ an arrow that big not over powered?

Fatefags are so far up their own ass I swear

If you just look at historical and natural records, it's the most OP thing, right next to like the bubonic plague and black death.

The "Archer is a weak servant" thing is B.S..
Few servants can take 6 lives away from Berserker

And he did it without UBW too which is even worse

I am not that deep in the Fateverse but if I recall, the samurai man is the only one with no bullshit power and everything is just pure swordsmanship, right? Or was his noble phantasm is some sort of magic as well? Please explain to me

>character is archer
>fights with swords
>only uses bows to shoot swords

>Few servants can take 6 lives away from Berserker
Few servants have more than one A rank weapon.

That's only because tracing-broken phantasms soft counters god hand. Lancer for example can's kill Berserker at all but wrecks Archer in a fight.

I seriously laughed.

Fuck off

Pic unrelated?

I don't get mage-babble at all, no matter of it's in character or OOC.

fuck fgog

Low mana and injured by Saber too.
Nasu is a hack.

>Lancer
>wrecking anyone

It's technically not a noble phantasm at all. He trained so hard reality gave up trying.

His swordmanship is so bullshit it might as well be magic, even the narrative recognized this.

No, you have it right. Kojiro is literally the only one getting by with pure skill. His special attack is him literally trying to cut down a swallow so hard that reality gave up and let him cut three times at once.

>Archer or Shirou
>relying on skill and combat pragmatism rather than OP bullshit to win fights
Lmao

It's not like pre-modern people even made the distinction. The blacksmith was always like the wise man and someone who talks to fire.

>character relies on special snowflake power that lets him copy magical weapons in a setting full of them.
And that's not even getting into the part where he can also copy the skill and strength of the wielder.

wtf I love Kojiro now.

Thanks, anons.

I like him too but he gets fucked in every route.

Persistence has a value in and by itself.

At least he got a good finale in the latest FGO chapter.

>grow a foot
Magic and older
>White hair tan skin
He overused his magical circuits and it fried his skin and hair.

The thing is, he's not even a legit heroic spirit. He's just some guy who trained hard enough to somehow be remembered in the ToH and is the closest equivalent to "Sasaki Kojirou" by virtue of having the same kind of style (down to using the same kind of sword and mastering a legendary technique associated with him), who was supposedly made up by Musashi.

And what's really amazing? The guy fends off Berserker, off-screen. Sure, he had Caster buff him and provide support, but fucking still, that's insane.

Don't forget, he was nerfed throughout FSN.
It's like claiming Arc is weak because in Tsukihime she couldn't beat Nero or Roa.
And even whilst nerfed, he still managed to fend off Gil for a while.

>Musashi is yet another Saber clone
You know what? Shame on fucking me for not figuring that's how it would be.

wat

Why do people call Nasu a hack?

Skills are useless when you have a Np capable of excaliblast , Eablast, nine live lazer canon, Whatever-blast.

Emiya trained hard, but lol cannot trace excalibur without dying : low tier servant.
Lancelot best round table knight, very skilled,but no aaronblast? Mid tier servant.
Iskander have a ex np? But lol no blast, mid tier servant.
Kojirou trained hard to get his np, good luck trying to tsubame gaeshi someone blasting you from miles away.

Guess it's the same analogy as firegun vs martial art.

pic unrelated

He didn't deserve what happened to him in Heavens Feel.

>Why do people call Nasu a hack
Are u serious?

>implying star platinum is not OP

What notable author isn't repeatedly called a hack?

No you're missing the point here. All is pointless in the face of seibah. It's not about blasts.

Thankfully we have soloman and bonedaddy now who are top 2

Brute force versus sneaky, or something like it.

youtu.be/zdNHI72D628?t=10m51s

I want to see Archer do something like this. He'd probably use swordspam correctly though and not attack EA completely head-on.

Rumiko.

>can spam broken phantasms without any consequence
>not OP bullshit

I sort of like F/SN and I can say there is some pretty bad writing in it, like really bad. Also a lot of the pacing is absolute trash.

Which never fucking happens in any Type Moon works except in Mahoyo (the doll and Beowulf).

Doesn't Cu hardcounters EMIYA though?

>pretty bad writing in it, like really bad.

Examples? care to explain?

Nothing I can shot but it's just my opinion with some of the writing. There is quite a bit of redundancy then it comes to explaining things and every H-scene is pretty badly written too.

Archer was literally the strongest servant summoned in that holy grail war
Reminder that Archer can beat Saber in a sword fight and easily wins at range

Nah, he's not the strongest. He just wins through effort and tenacity.

Every decent saber or lancer beat EMIYA at close range.
It's not for nothing he is an archer.

At long range, EMIYA have advantage.

Nasu makes things up and can't keep things like power levels consistent
>shiki can't fight on a servant's level
>shirou can fight on a servant's level
>shiki is more skilled than Shirou and would beat him in a fight even if unlimited blade works was active
Which is it Nasu you fucking turd

>Never won a fight
>strongest

>brain damaged shirou beat Dark Saber in a sword fight because he had archer's arm
Nah Archer is strong

The only time you get to see Archer trying to win was in hollow ataraxia when he kills Saber and Shirou a few dozen times on that bridge

At least he is not as OP as this Nunfucker

He beat her with with special attack because her job was to stop him not kill him so she never left that one spot

Because dark saber couldnt excaliblast shirou.

So she only wins at medium range

He could only kill Shirou. Saber could block his sniping and if not for Shirou she would reach him and beat his ass

This EMIYA was weaker than servant EMIYA. Saber said it would be different is he had a proper master.

Good thing nobody walks around with their servants in these wars

What? Rin was still his master, she was just away from Fuyuki. If anything that was a good thing for him because she would be against his dirty tactics

I'm not him but I'm pretty sure the contract was cancelled from what I remember

>I'm not him but
>implying fake

>contract was cancelled
What? He would disappear after max 2 days if he would lost his contract with Rin

Archer had the convenient advantage of knowing the identities of all the other Servants. Also, traditional sniping techniques would be worthless in the Grail War. Only Shirou is dumb enough to go patrolling the streets, and a successful snipe is basically the same as alerting everyone else what you're doing.

UBW wouldn't be that effective against Berserker since he'd still need to turbo-charge every weapon into a Broken Phantasm anyway.

>Only Shirou is dumb enough to go patrolling the streets,
Shinji
Shirou
Kotomine
Ilya
School teacher

And Okita and Musashi are just as good as he is. Both Musashi and Kojiro succeeded in achieving a state of nothingness, which is the pinnacle of swordsmanship that even Lancelot hasn't achieved. Okita's not there yet, but she can still basically do the pierce version of Tsubame Gaeshi.

Hollow ataraxia played by weird rules

Yeah but unlike Shirou they could make their Servants disappear and move around incognito

They'd have to appear if Archer tried to shoot the masters which makes it moot
>he wouldn't know their identity
It's not his first day on the job

But nowhere was stated that Archer lost his contract

>Beowulf
I trust you don't mean Perfect Punch?

>rather than OP bullshit
Pic unrelated I guess?

>Never won a fight
He snookered Caster like three times. Twice in one fight alone, whilst having to protect Shirou.

I think it was weird shit like her only giving him the bare minimum to survive

You pulling shit out of your ass. He wouldn't be able to shoot bp if that was the case but he did

Then why did Saber say if he had an actual master then he'd fuck her up

Rin said that she cut all ties with him, it is never said if that was just her being mad at him or an actual cancellation of the contract.

This, Emiya besides Gil/Saber asspull bullshit was the only one capable of beating Herc out of all the 4th and 5th servants.
He's pretty high up there, I would rank him like
Gil
Herc
Emiya / Cu
Saber / Iskandar
The rest of the 4th/5th servants

I don't even remember anything like that but assuming there was something she most likely meant that he didn't get help from the master. CS for example

>actual cancellation of the contract.
Obviously not because that would kill him

Well Beo is even more bullshit as a whole and it wasn't a victory on all fronts so I guess it falls on the former category.

Iskander is absolute shit tier, I'd not be suprised if Kojiro could beat him.

Seber and Cu would destroy him in actual fight to death. Also Nasu said that Medusa have better odds of winning if they fought

Archer is confirmed a B tier Servant. For comparison, Elizabeth Bathory is A tier. This is canon right out of CCC. So yes, Herakles lost 6 lives to someone who is on paper weaker than fucking Liz, and didn't even use his Trump Card to do so.

I suppose you can't call it OP, but it was some fucking bullshit regardless.
Not much of a marker of quality, either way.

Nasu is untrustworthy