Question on Gun Regulations

I'm not American, but I do understand the importance and reasoning behind the US 2nd Amendment. But I do have a question: Why don't you guys have gun regulations similarly to car regulations, since guns and cars can both be misused to become deadly weapons?

For example, if you want to buy a gun, you'll need to learn gun safety and gun law lessons, and then after the class you'll have a tester testing you on those knowledge. If you pass, you'll get a gun permit/license to buy and carry them. If you fail you'll need to relearn the lessons again and try next time. All tests are gov-funded.

It seems like common sense to me. What does Sup Forums think?

Attached: washingtonguns.jpg (657x657, 71K)

After a period of time (8-50 years or none) depending on each state you will renew the license so that you can refresh your knowledge on those topics and to keep up to date with the current laws and safety instructions. The renewal can actually be done online with online tests.
If you fail you can still keep your already bought guns, but you can't buy more guns or carry them in public until you retry and pass the renewal.

Too easily abused or slippery sloped.

>you need to take this test first
>you missed 1/100 so you fail
A few years later
>you are not eligible to take this test in the first place

To clarify: I think semi-auto gun and bump stock ban is stupid and doesn't work. I also think gun-free zone is stupid and doesn't work.
But I think every person buying guns should pass gun safety and gun law test before he/she can buy guns. It's not just about school shootings, it's about so many incidents of lack of knowledge on gun safety and gun laws that lead to unfortunate deaths.
It's like anyone can drive a car without taking any driving lessons or having a driver license test.

Attached: adamsguns.jpg (236x471, 36K)

You can buy any car at any time for any purpose given you have the available funds.
To drive one legally on publicly funded roads you need state licensing.
I'm okay if I need a special license to carry a gun into publicly owned buildings, that would be logically consistent if not still absurd.

The test would be 100% facts about gun laws and gun safety instructions. And all studying materials and all satisfactory test scores will all be transparent 100% to the public.

>you are not eligible to take this test in the first place
There is no where I said it. Unless that person already in terrorist list or mental records (which the current laws already prevent him from buying from the first place).

Attached: washingtonguns2.jpg (456x720, 58K)

what part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED do you not get you gook

Attached: 031d301e6007ea5a009c311cee1bf7051295337645_full.jpg (600x480, 58K)

Very interesting point. But the reason why I propose testing gun laws and gun safety even for buying guns is because a gun is significantly cheaper than a car but is as deadly. So a person buying a car already committed significant amount of money to not fuck up and learn driving lessons, while a person buying a gun committed little in finance thus not having incentive to learn about gun safety and gun laws.

Attached: adamsgovernment.jpg (640x300, 81K)

>No where I said that
You don't understand the relationship the US population has with the government.
Since inception, our government has been a necessary evil, created as a means to secure our national borders and provide security from Invaders, both financial and military.
The government exists as an agency of the will of the governed, not the other way around

The amendments were written to give the citizens the right to organize a violent rebelion.

The memes dont like this and seek through their own means to restore the natural order, tyranny and oppression.

Actually Founding Fathers place a significant amount of writings on the importance of education for American people to protect the Constitution. They don't intend the 2nd Amendment for ignorant, reckless masses. They want the American people to be informed, educated to preserve the liberty.

Attached: franklineducation.jpg (470x246, 29K)

I can go buy a used car for 1000$ from a lot or an auction right now. Half the guns in the local outdoors store are more expensive than that

>Why don't you guys have gun regulations similarly to car regulations,
more like why aren't car regulations more like foot regulations

as in wait for me to put my boot on my foot so I can boot you in the ass

>The government exists as an agency of the will of the governed, not the other way around
right, and basically the people have given government notice that their european "friends" are stealing all the fucking money, all of it

and they don't do shit because they don't care, then Trump comes in and tries to settle everyone down with nice cheap words

I'm alright with this for handguns or assault rifles, but normal rifles and shotguns should always be permissible.

They're completely unnecessary. There are only a few hundred fatal gun accidents a year. It's just a waste of everyone's time and money.

Do you think Jamal is going to get a gun safety course before he buys his $40 hipoint on the street and shoots Paco?

Honestly you are legitimately mentally ill.

>nice cheap words
Don't you mean the biggest, best words?

So what's your point? Isn't it the will of the people to have well-informed people bearing arms instead of any reckless, ill-informed person having it? Isn't it also the intention of Founding Fathers to have educated citizens to safe-guard the liberty?

Attached: jeffersoneducation.jpg (640x640, 111K)

this is very low quality bait

Because contrary to the stereotype of gun nuts amassing arsenals of mega death to wipe out everyone; the average american gun owner safely practices the use of his firearm on private property. Unlike a vehicle which is driven in public areas where pedestrians maybe at risk.

Those that choose the exercise their right to carry in public have an open carry or concealed carry permit anyway.

By and large, we do not have major gun SAFETY problems. Where those occur, it is because someone's child got a hold of their gun, and the child did not know proper gun safety.

Gun regulations are illegal.

It's not, and I'm unironically serious.

Do you want to drive on the street knowing that most people driving don't have any driving lessons and don't know anything about traffic laws? Or do you want to have mostly well-informed people to drive responsibly?

My point is the government is not the one who gets to decide what is allowed, as it does not have agency.

The Constitution doesn't say the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed if they can pass a written test to be determined at a later time by the sitting administrative policy.

you dont understand rights. apparently nobody does.

>testing
This leads you down the path to psych exams for gun ownership, which is a hilariously bad idea. If you're not a felon and you're an adult should be the only requirements for purchasing guns.

Attached: 122123445353536.jpg (1051x1037, 253K)

We live in a Constitutional Republic. That means the government if forced to follow the law of the land which is the Constitution. The 2nd Amendment specifically tells the government they can't infringe on the right to bear arms. What you suggest are infringements and therefor illegal. Driving isn't protected by the Constitution, therefor it can be regulated at the governments whim.

No, but I dont mind people owning and driving cars in private property

It's not the same as psych exams, because psych exams are highly subjective while gun safety and gun laws are 100% facts to be memorized.

>They don't intend the 2nd Amendment for ignorant, reckless masses
t. user

>The great object is that every man be armed
t. Patrick Henry

Prove that an abusive government won't start conflating the two

I should have read to this point before I responded. OP is obviously a China proxy shill.

>driving, a privilege in America
>gun ownership, a constitutional right in America

the absolute state of VietGooks

Attached: 1511424725528.gif (320x204, 1.99M)

This

god youre fucking retarded.
to answer your question, is there a right on the constitution that gives you the right to own a car, and says "SHAL NOT BE INFRINGED" at the end of said amendment

Owning a gun is a right here, driving is a privilege. And depending on the state and what you're doing there's already training required. For example some state require you to get training before obtaining a concealed carry permit.

>Where those occur, it is because someone's child got a hold of their gun, and the child did not know proper gun safety.
Which is EXACTLY what will be covered in the gun safety lessons. Because a significant amount of people ignorant about gun safety basics, including where to store their guns from their children, which lead to unfortunate deaths.

So what you’re saying is basically if you have any sort of handicap, either intellectually, physically, mentally, financially, or not enough time, you risk not having the right to self defense?

Perhaps you don't understand how slippery slopes work. If we tell the government it's okay to test for one thing, we're not going to as easily be able to tell it that it's not okay for the next infringement. If you give gun grabbers an inch, they will take a mile.

And moreover, why do you think we need mandatory safety testing in the first place. Most people do that of their own free will without government coercion. The people that don't, usually already know gun safety. Very few people die each year from accidents involving firearms, and the ones that do are usually NOT THE OWNER OF THE FIREARM.

>where to store their guns
People choose not to store their guns in gun safes because they need to be able to access it at a moment's notice. It is not that they don't understand the risks, it's that they choose to take that risk in hopes of guaranteeing their safety.

That’ because other countries just don’t see how their stable government can ever betray them.

A retarded monkey could pass a driving test and our streets are flooded with unlicensed and uninsured illegal immigrants.

Drivers licensing is nothing more than a cleverly named tax.

Honestly, if life is this scary for you, just check yourself into a mental insitution.

We literally do this with CCW permits already. Most people start to shoot guns around the age of 10-12 anyway if they do. A govt safety class won't help at all. Had a first cousin die from a rare missfire after getting his hunting license, and a voluntary gun safety course. You're better off shooting with Dad and received wisdom over the years than a government gun safety course. He didn't know that 1 in 25000 chance a bullet can slow burn due to moisture and go off 5mins later. Is it a jam or misfire? Didn't know the difference.

Well to be fair, Vietnam is a communist shithole.

They need to teach firearm safety in public schools, not make purchasing or owning a gun contingent on any sort of test.

So people who can’t afford a proper gun safe, don’t live in a place with the space for one, or just can’t afford a model that let’s them get to their gun in a very fast situation, those people are now unable to own guns?

Keep it up. You are already taking rights away from more and more people as you post. You are pretty much respsenting what a government will do with slippery slope tactic.

Your government already highly infringe the 2nd Amendment by banning automatic and now trying to ban semi-automatic. What I mean is much better alternative is mandatory gun safety and gun law lessons, and still allowing automatic or semi-automatic.

Ok fair enough. At least that's how I imagine would be much better than anyone who's mentally unstable or highly ignorant can get guns.

Mentally, yes. If you are mentally ill/unstable and can cause harm to other people irrationally, or if you are ignorant of gun safety and gun laws (which doesn't require you to be high IQ) you shouldn't have guns.

Yes, also a very good alternative to my proposal. Gun safety and gun laws for students. Unfortunately I know your liberal schools won't do that.

Read

Used to have after school gun clubs and competition shooting up to the 50's and 60's. Michael Savage, an active talk radio host gud Jew, was even in one in NYC then.

>and the ones that do are usually NOT THE OWNER OF THE FIREARM.
Which I said would be covered in the gun safety lessons, including how to cover your guns from letting other people (especially children) touch it.
They can easily find a safe place like in a closet or a drawer and still hide guns from their children.