[enkerro] Yoake Tsugeru Lu no Uta (BD 1080p)

>[enkerro] Yoake Tsugeru Lu no Uta (BD 1080p)

What a wonderful Yuasa Weekend

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/301865
nyaa.si/view/978303
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Based

Holy shit what a great week.

Flash

АААН

DAMN SON

MY PEEPEE

Watched it like a week ago with russian subs, it was horrible, even for a family movie. Probably my least favorite Yuasa work.

>want to rewatch mononoke after I lost my HDD 3 years ago
>remember the torrent was from user circa 2012
>find it, only BD torrent
>Error: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found
Fuck, nyaa.si/view/301865 pantsu is down btw.

Sounds like Ponyo.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Ponyo is sick

Sick isn't a very good adjective.
Do you mean that in a good way?

>JP to RUS to ENG
>First time fansubbing, first time seeding a torrent, first time everything, so if I’m doing something wrong, feel free to leave me a comment!
How about no

Obviously

Ah fuck, now I don't know if I should wait to go to the cinema next month or watch it now.

Whatever I will watch it now.

Ponyo sucks.

Sucks isn't a very good verb.
Do you mean that in a bad way?

That wasn't me, but yeah.

Fuck you

>>JP to RUS to ENG
He could mean he just used the RUS sub file for the timings.

BLESSED WEEK

How are the subs?

Seem perfectly watchable to me at 40 minutes in.

Just pushing my luck on a Yuasa's work thread. I just wanted a seeded mononoke torrent.

Just finished it. It's watchable, yeah, but there's way too many cringy tl notes and jokes in the subs that sometimes distracts from the film at times. Most of them happened around the end of the movie for some reason.

I'd recommend waiting for some better subs if you're pretty picky about stuff like that, but who knows when that will be.

Also the movie was pretty great. Lu is cute.

THANK YOU

Lu a cute.

Just got to the platinum mad line and was like why?

The CG in this reminds me of some of Isao Takahata's films. I like it.

Seems like 90% of this movie's budget went into animating Lu.

Scene with the dogs was crazy.

Just finished it best Yuasa film subbed this weekend.

The whole thing feels like a CG (it probably is) but somehow it's still so good.

Dunno why he did that thing with the best girl comment.

It's hand drawn digitally.

This was another really nice film.
Some beautiful animation in the underwater sequences.

>It's hand drawn digitally.
Now that you mention it, it has this very clean style like Aoyama-kun from previous season.
I really like it, if applied correctly.

I enjoyed it enough that I think I will probably go watch it in the cinema again anyway. Some of that animation will be great to see on a big screen.

The stuff that is drawn traditionally on paper is then drawn over again digitally after being scanned. Yuasa's new work all uses a combination of hand drawn animation and Flash manipulations of that animation. I quite like the overall result of it in both his recent films. You definitely notice the difference from his past work and from anime generally but being different isn't bad in itself.

Having watched this film I have to wonder why on earth did they choose to localise the title as "Lu Over the Wall" in English?

There isn't even a wall involved in the film, unless they are talking about the MCs metaphorical walls.

The theme song, 歌うたいのバラッド, is so good.

Yeah it really would be an entirely different film without it. It is fairly woven into the fabric of the whole thing.

My only real gripe about the movie's visuals is just the character design. The simplistic design works really well in Aruke Yo Otome, but here it just looks like a cheap generic anime at times.
But that's only a problem when it's not in motion, the simple designs suits really well to Yuasa's creative animation. The part with the shark dad on fire was a visual masterpiece.

Everything is moving towards simple flat design in anime nowadays that are more favourable to animation. Look at other movies released this year like Hirune-hime which also got subs recently. It has that flat look, so do most of Hosoda's films.

I don't think that's true at all. Not that "flatness" doesn't exist but not nearly enough to call it a trend or aesthetic movement.

Sharkdad is best character

Not as extreme as in this film usually no but it definitely is a thing that is happening. Look at for example Pokemon Sun & Moon, most things that involves young or forward thinking animators and heavy use of digital animatiors and those kinds of people getting to make the creative choices nowadays will tend towards flatness over detailed shading and those kinds are slowly moving up the ranks in anime.

Uh, Yuasa's stuff has always looked like this. Maybe it's jarring because it relies more on Flash animation now.
But the "flatness" has always been apart of his aesthetic.

It isn't jarring at all. I was pointing out that it is something that is generally becoming more prevalent in anime. Never commented on Yuasa's use of it at all.

How can one scene be so perfect that it brought me to tears?

The song probably has a lot to do with it but it is built up to and executed well too. Moving climax to the film.

Holy shit. Why do leafs always get the short stick on anime films.
I bet the whole thing would've been an amazing experience to see in big screen.

These fucking translator's notes.

Yeah my screening isn't until the 6th in the UK, definitely going to see it after watching this download.

When I went and saw The Night is Short there were literally 3 other people in the whole cinema besides me which was kind of disappointing.

I makes me want to edit the ass file and manually remove them, just so I can rewatch it again without any bullshit.

That best girl one really pissed me off just because it was a complete distraction when a lot was happening, the thing about ikemen I hardly even noticed but it was vaguely annoying it was there, the platinum mad line was kind of stupid.

You all should have gone to a pub crawl afterwards.

Nobody there even acknowledged anybody else despite the themes of the film which I was kind of amused by.

Hold on, were you at the York showing or was that the case in other places too?

I actually did this after reading your posts.
>open in text editor
>ctrl+f "TL:"
>delete line
Just do this and quit bitching. I only found three TL notes total.

Nice. There's also some dumb jokes in the dialogue that I would have removed as well, like No(r)way and platinum mad

Other places too I guess, nowhere near York. The only anime films I have seen really busy are Ghibli, Ghost in the Shell, Perfect Blue, Akira

Ah, the Your Name and Koe no Katachi showings did really well up here. On a semi related note Shin Godzilla did quite well too.

Oh I completely forgot about Your Name, I saw that twice not that I thought it was all that fantastic, once near the start at a Picturehouse cinema and it was packed, once quite a while after when Odeon picked it up and it was quarter full. Never managed to see Koe no Katachi. Think I bought a ticket then fell asleep after work.

>6.5 GiB

Download the 3.6gb one and use the subs.

DO NOT FUCK THE FISH

There were a few times the tweening looked awkward but this one really sold me on the method, it looked fucking great.

>I did the English TL, using the .ass file from nyaa.si/view/978303
Kind of worries me that it could mean it's a translation of the Russian subs but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

There are lots of weird parts in the subs, for instance they actually spell "FIGHTO" as "faitou" for some reason. That said they are perfectly serviceable.

Lu is definitely a kid's movie as intended, though. The plot is a lot more predictable than Walk On Girl, and there's a lot less crazy stuff happening with more muted colors. Still having fun watching it.

>ass file
haha

ass file from XDCC

But it's worth it.

I hope.

I guess I can finally rank all the films I've seen this year. Don't think this year will be beaten in terms of anime films any time soon:

Night is Short > A Silent Voice > In This Corner > Lu Over the Wall > Kizumonogatari > Your Name > Mary and the Witch's Flower > Napping Princess

>Your Name that low
What the fuck mate

Not that user but it's Radwimps: The Movie, senpaitachi.
Remove it then it becomes your average niche Shinkai movie but with an actual satisfying ending for once.

These films are not from the same release year though.

All of them came out on blu-ray this year except for Mary I think.

>A silent voice that high

Yeah, he should probably swap it with Night Is Short.

>kyoanusfags

The movie's great but the studio batting average is still pretty low

I bet you are not only a Kyoanifag but, even worse, a Yamadafag. Please do this board a favor and stop breathing.

In This Corner > Night is Short >= Kizumonogatari > Your Name >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Silent Voice

About to watch Lu right now but for the moment this is objectively correct

I bet you suck more ducks than your slut mother

Now this is someone with good taste.

Lu was better than Night is Short by quite a bit,

Has Mary and the Witches Flower actually come out yet? I thought it was released in Japan in like, july or something, so a torrent should be coming soon, right? Or have I just missed it?

I can agree with this

I think I would probably do something like
In This Corner > Lu > Kizu > Night is Short >>>> Koe no Katachi > Your Name > Hirune-hime

>Your Name >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Silent Voice
They were both shit. The only thing both films had going for them was the animation.

Lol at the TL note best girl right there

Is it better than Ponyo?

Watching now

Oh shit, that dad is his dad? I thought that was his brother. He looks and sounds too young.

Or you know, the big fucking wall between the town and the ocean.

I didnt like Ponyo that much but I thought this movie was like a 7/10. IIts a decent coming of age with lots of neat animation here and there. Tons of things you just have to accept though like why cant anybody else see the giant floating glowing water. Theres also several unexplained things. I actually thought it was pretty unpredictable, like given the first quarter of the film I wouldnt see what the rest of the movie would have had in store.

Movie of the year, all year.

The last 45 minutes were a mess but I liked the playful animation throughout
>Night is Short - 9/10 (AOTY)
>Lu Over the Wall - 7.5/10 (2nd AOTY)

>7.5/10 (2nd AOTY)
What.