Dagashi Kashi

new scanlated chapter, dumping

last

Thanks for the dump. Hotaru is showing how unusual she is (like usual).

Going back to 飲める versus 飲む, something I forgot to point out last time was I saw the same thing way back in chapter 137 on this page. Hotaru uses 私飲めない in the last panel, but it was translated like this:

"During my birthday celebration I received quite a few bottles, but I do not drink so I was actually quite troubled by them."

Hm, I guess TL will see it soon and change it, it's the same thing like last time after all. Any other mistranslations you found?

I'm not fluent in Japanese so I can't say that I have. It's more along the lines of being good with English grammar that made me wonder if the Japanese had separate words for "to drink" and "ability to drink" that made me look it up in the first place. That and annoyance with the "Hotaru is secretly a cake" anons. I wanted to make sure that she really was saying "I do not drink" instead of "I cannot drink."

As for this page: , Saya replies "On and off?" to Hotaru's "On and of course!" I'm wondering how to parse that. Is Saya misinterpreting "of" as "off" or is it Hotaru just being weird like usual and making a bad pun on "of course/off course"?

Are you fluent in English, then?
Also yeah, you're right about "ability to drink". It was a mistake.

As for "on and off", see pic related. It's a pun. Originally, it was
>Of springy course! [Tried to match the onomatopoeic pun]
[...]
>Springy...?

You think the original would be better?

Yeah, I'm fluent in English. Would you mind telling me what Hotaru is pronouncing (not what she is saying, but the sounds she is making) so I can get a better idea?

I think I see "chi", "no", "ro", and "n" but I can't tell what the first character is supposed to be in that speech bubble of hers.

>mochi mochi no ron
>mochi mochi...?

Alright, from what I'm looking up, it seems that Hotaru is using the katakana characters and repetition to make a cutesy version of もちろん, which can mean "Definitely!" or "Of course!"

Now I can sort of see what you were trying to get at. Since Saya is establishing that Hotaru is an oddball (like mentioning her sense of personal space) maybe something like "De-de-definitely!" and Saya going "De-de?" would work better? It gives confirmation to Saya in a repetitive, cutesy, and odd manner like the original does, I think. "De-de" would also be weird enough to have Saya make an incredulous face, which is what the context seems to imply.

Thanks for the dump.

"De...wha?" or "De...huh? may also work.

Hmmm, I guess it does sound better. Probably not worth fixing though, dunno

I remember someone mentioning that the chapters need better proofing, do you think so too?

Thanks for the dump

I remember seeing that too, but that user didn't give any specific suggestions. Personally, unless it stands out to me to make a comment like I did earlier, then it likely doesn't need any extra proofing. There's also the fact that I can only look at the translation and make suggestions after the fact instead of during the process.

>There's also the fact that I can only look at the translation and make suggestions after the fact instead of during the process.
that's what proofreading is, you check if the translated script has no mistakes, unless with the "after the fact" you mean "when the entire chapter's finished"

>when the entire chapter's finished
Yeah, that's what I mean. I can only see the end product, then ask questions and give suggestions rather than see the thoughts and processes going into it.

Well, you can always join the scanlation group

When does this old lady show up in the manga?

Hajime? v7, ch114

>Well, you can always join the scanlation group
That's actually something I've been contemplating since the Crossbreed Scans days. A perceived lack of time and the fact that I'd have to join Potato is what's keeping me from going through what Emblem does for recruitment.

That's forever from now.

That reminds of this part from best doujin.

Thinking about it, you may be right, v4 took 112 days and v5 85/6 so far. v6 might take time up to February, anime will go beyond it

Quite a long time. What about leaving a throwaway email here?

>Quite a long time. What about leaving a throwaway email here?

I don't know of any good email masking services to use.

I was thinking of disposable email or something along the lines. google something, maybe temp-mail

I changed my mind and deleted the old reply. Use this instead.

[email protected]

ok, told the TL to check the thread and do his things when he's up
I'll go to bed if you don't have any more questions.

Thanks for discussing these things with me. I've no more questions. Good night.

How can Hajime be a christmas cake at 20? We'll never know.

I hope Pochi makes more doujins once S2 airs.