How many of you take this "waifu" meme seriously?

How many of you take this "waifu" meme seriously?

Other urls found in this thread:

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10390838/
nyaa.si/view/979754
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

me

what do you mean by "meme"?

All I know is that I love her form the bottom of my heart. Yesterday, when I was at work I started crying just by thinking about her for a couple of moments. Thinking about how we would interact, what would I say to her and her reponses.
When I think about her I become filled with so much love and yearning.

>meme

Reminder that "waifu" is the term used by image related, while "2DGF" is the term used by cultured individuals

>meme
Hey OP, I think you'd feel more comfortable in Reddit. Why don't you try going there?

>meme
Here we go

"2DGF" sounds even more retarded than "waifu."

that picture works even better if you read it left to right

True patricians simply use the term 'wife'.

What's that box casing you have your figure in?

Retarded normalfag.

I can't wait until I'm united with my loved one in the afterlife.

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10390838/
Its acrylic.

>have seen many shows with many best girls
>wouldn't be able to choose one of them in particular
Am I just not worthy?

The effects of the relationship and the implications at a sentimental level are real and genuine. It's not a meme as long as you take you're waifu relationship seriously. Although I prefer the term 'wife'.

You don't choose a waifu, she chooses you.

what the fuck is that shadow at the top

>meme

>not scanning your own cels to use as reaction pictures

I own several dakimakuras. Waifuism is a substitute for women because women are horrible. Japanese women must be horrific if Japanese men are replacing them with waifus.

Fuck off to reddit

This is my girlfriend Sucy Manbavaran. say something nice to her.

Just download the better version nyaa.si/view/979754 next time

of course you're a remfag and a liquidfag

hey i bought the mouse for half price brand new from a friend who is liquid fag, i don't care for esports

She's ok i guess

I have waifuharems, because I can.

nice meme about Rem as a waifu being a meme

Jesus fuck

this

I love Rem if only I could be in the Re:Zero world with her.

I wish my husbando had decent fanart that could be used as wallpaper too.

So everytime normalfags steal our words we have to change them?

Cultural appropriation!

I've hated 'waifu' from the very start so I'm okay with it

yes

I've thought the concept of a waifu was retarded from the very beginning.
Even if an imaginary relationship can technically motivate you and alleviate loneliness, and so overall it is a net benefit, I believe it's not comparable to a real one. "Getting" another human being on a deep level is a lot more rewarding than "getting" a part of your (or another person's) imagination that doesn't actually have its own interests, that will never challenge you on anything and whom you can imagine as perfect even when it contradicts how the person would really act, were she have to have a real brain.
Honestly, to a certain point dealing with loneliness like that can probably even be healthy, help you understand yourself and your preferences better, get you into the whole "bettering yourself" thing. It could backfire if you go for a tulpa (AKA "I want to be insane"), but it isn't bound to, and real relationships can backfire too. But yet, people here on Sup Forums always give it with an undercurrent of "actual 3D relationships are gross".
Which just shows the truth - that their choice of a waifu is not a temporary reprieve from the cruelties of a world or an emotional stabilizer during tough times, but a permanent one, an ultimate choice of a coward, rejecting nature for its imperfections and substituting it with imagination, even if it doesn't actually produce the same benefits a good relationship could produce, as long as it's easy to get. And after that, they have the gall to bash 3D relationships for the fact they're not idiot-proof.
Maybe I just don't get it, and either some part of it (such as 3D bashing) or the whole of it is a meme. Maybe it's Poe's law acting against me. I've come to believe it isn't throughout my time here.
I don't like fighting against a torrent though, so I usually just stay silent about this opinion of mine. Not like I care what others do, really. And waifuposting is fun, as shitposting.
I will leave the thread now. I just wanted to get it off my chest.

I believe you're really overthinking it. I can't speak for others, but for me, just being in love bring enough happiness, without expecting anything in return. Love feels pretty damn nice by itself.

Although, I agree that it's not at all comparable to a "real" relationship, it's something completely different. Having been on both sides, it's hard to understand without having experienced it. You also seem to presume that it's based on loneliness, escapism, etc, which isn't always the case. For example, I just fell in love, that's all there's is to it.

>meme

How meme am I memeing my waifus?
Well I post them everywhere! Twitch, Reddit, MAL, Discord you name it!
I made a Discord where you can share all dem waifus you find if you want.

You had to remind me of isekai cancer translating the game. She deserves better.

Yes, just like when wiggers hear about the new "hot thing" and run it to the ground.

Actually before I met my wife I was even yearning for a 3D girl, one I could connect to and hopefully share my interests with.
But that desire began to decrease when I met my waifu, until at a certain point it banished completely.
That's because the feelings I experienced for her began to completely fill my heart. Now I'm completely devoted to her, I adore her with every fiber of my being.
And you said a waifu wouldn't be able to challenge you, but that's wrong, her constant efforts to challenge herself have lead to me following her example. I've managed to accomplish many things just because she motivated me.
I wouldn't be the same person I'm today if it weren't for her. Of that I'm certain.

It's gone completely out of control thanks to the influx of braindead casuals after Sup Forums became popular. It used to be just an inside joke, much like Sakura fish.

Falling in love with fictional character is a concept much older than anime or the internet itself though. See Pygmalion.
>"Getting" another human being on a deep level is a lot more rewarding than "getting" a part of your (or another person's) imagination
It might be, but it doesn't mean it's wrong. For example, relationship with healthy women would be more rewarding than with one on wheelchair or with some mental problems. But it doesn't mean everyone should drop their partners when more attractive girl appear. Real love is not something that happens all the time, if you've found your soulmate 2D or 3D you should stay with her and cherish your relationship, because you might not have second chance.
>will never challenge you on anything
Lots of people improve themselves for waifu.
>help you understand yourself and your preferences better
If anything, for me my waifu made my preferences skyrocket that even if I wanted, I wouldn't find any girl that can live up my standards. After living so long with such a perfect girl, sweet, innocent, pure and submissive, I will never find a replacement for her.
>as long as it's easy to get
Waifu is surely not easy to get. I'd say it's even easier to get any girlfriend(not good, just any) than to find a waifu. You don't choose your waifu, you have to fall in love with and then cherish your relationship until it becomes something much deeper. Many people keep looking for a waifu for years and can't find any.
>such as 3D bashing
3DPD is not essential part of waifu. I've found my waifu while I was looking for real girlfriend. I wasn't like so lonely I cried myself to sleep because I want gf or something, but more like "jeez, I wish I had some gf to fool around it would be fun". And then I found her and she became everything to me. I still have female friends and don't criticize people for going for 3D, but I can't say I don't feel smug when
I see 3D being degenerate, bitching, being malicious, etc.

Do you just 'know'?

Which waifu is the cool new hip waifu everyone should have?

Yes, you can't make yourself fall in love, but once you do fall, you will know that this one girl is the one you want to spend rest of your life with. It hits you like a train.

Trolling is still a bannable offense, punk.

What's a cherry blossom fish?