Houseki no Kuni

Right when I come close to settling on a favorite gem, shiny new ones appear. They're all just great.

what's the secret of the ice?

Ghost was too pure for this world.

What a fucking beautiful episode. I've been a mangafag since forever and the fact that every week it keeps getting better is the best payoff ever.

I hardly expected a CGI anime to be this beautiful.

SLUT

Phos!

Delet this. Antarc is pure

Pajama Phos is a miracle of the universe.

Aaaaaah! I want to hibernate with the gems! That looks like maximum comfy!

inside your dick, huh

braids are top tier

Diamond is too cute.

KOCHIO MIRO

Sensei is also cute.

ice-chan a cute
she is just mad because she lacks a proper body and everyone ignores her

I want to make antarctite so hot he gets wet.

[menacing]

it's the little weird things that make gembutts fun.

Unf

since when was phos this thicc?

Whoever made this, try making them taller. It will stretch out their bodies and make them look better. You may need to adjust the heads to be bigger after a certain point however.

>user then die because Bortz step on him

totally worth it

BRAAAP

Even in her sleep she still seeks battle.

Dreams do come true.

Guys, what do I need to do to become this comfy?

Silly user gems don't have digestive bacteria or digestive systems at all.

Get a dress and replace your bedroom floor with a fluffy mattress.

>she

Was curious how they would interpret this scene and the sounds in the show, and I think this adds more weight to the theory that there's some sort of cycle going on with the Lunarians - that Sensei's prayers are meant to let the Lunarians pass on down to the sea to create more material to create future Gems

Phos a cute.

So basically the deal with these three major factions is they're all jerks and hate each other?

Get in the hole, Phos!

Gems: USSR
Lunarians: USA
Admirabilis: UK

Slugs have oral tradition and all their stories end up distorted, lunarians want to be dead and gems just want to soak up sun. I think sensei doesn't want to pray the lunarians to give the gems a meaning.

I'm guessing it's gems that Sensei broke and threw into the ocean.

>Moonies can only speak in a vacuum
>face serious limitations in a gaseous atmosphere
>beings undersea that continuously attempt to rise towards the sky in lunarian-like shapes but can't
Should be pretty clear. The Ice Floes are moonie souls trapped in the water.
The tides rise and fall with the passing of the moon

Why is Phos so cute? The whole dragging herself in the snow was cute. All these gem butts are perky and cute. WHY IS THE CGI SO AMAZING?!

>"genderless"
>they all wear dresses and put up their hairs into ponytails and twin tails and bows while they hibernate

The real question is why was Berserk so absolutely fucking awful.

>he's never put his hair in a bow and gone to bed in a dress
Man you're missing out, bro. I bet you don't even wear lace.

>not dressing up like a cute girl when you sleep
what are you gay or something?

What did Phos do for 200 years before she had a job? That's a long fucking time to sit around and do nothing. Also, with some of the gems being really old, why aren't the more technologically advanced?

>sleeping with your hair up
no.

First of all, 300 years.
First, she studied speech and everything else gems know (there's a whole library, and Phos is a slow learner). Then she tried different jobs only to fail at all of them, then she had nothing to do for a while until Sensei gave her the encyclopaedia job

>why aren't they technologically advanced
Sensei actively prevents any such advancements

I'm guessing that's a later plotpoint? I've only seen the anime so far.

nigga...

Yes, that's from the manga, but it comes from an unreliable source

>implying only girls can wear dresses
you're no fun user

The gems have extremely limited access to resources, so there's just not an awful lot to do, tech-wise. Especially considering they face such weather extremes. It would be difficult to build anything with their limited access to metals (not enough land above water to mine) that could survive a winter season with arctic conditions.

>anything other than she
Being gay isn't healthy.

I want to bully Bort by calling her cute.

you're too cruel user

you tellin me they create a giant blanket and pillow fort in the base and sleep for the whole winter?
how fuckin comfy can you get jesus christ

I want a sudden urge to gurgle those braids, leave them really slimy with my saliva

How do you braid solid amethyst?

i think they just grew like that

She's dead. Let her go.

so this is sort of weird but does anyone else feel like losing her arms happened super fast? it took a while to have the whole sea slug thing happen and then get phos back and then go out into the ocean and get ambushed but feeding the icebergs takes all of ten minutes from the start of winter

I dont think their hair acts as a solid like their bodies
or at least it doesnt seem to, it blows in the wind and everything

No material is a match for Red Beryl.

Do you mean the scene, or the fact that after slipping into the water Phos lost his arms immediately.

Will we get NeoPhos on anime? I'll miss dumb Phos.

NeoPhos is an ugly abomination.

Fucking top cute.

the event as a whole
it just felt very CONGRATS ON THE LEGS LET'S GO FOR 4/4

>not wearing nice pajamas just for sleeping
>not wanting to take care of your hair

Too bad they have no material for new arms, nor anyone to make the new arms.

The loss of Phos' legs was clever because it was subtly introduced as the hanger-on to an entirely separate plotline (snail girl) but took over that plotline because it raised the stakes so directly.

But now with that on the table, the last two episodes have been in the context of "Phos has begun to change and gained new power but realizes it's not enough." You might say that Phos losing her arms has been building up since the end of episode 5, only instead of being attached to one continuous plotline that it slowly overtook like her legs with the snail, it was told in two separate plots during which it was always clear the most important thing going on was simply Phos' internal struggle. That can make the process culminating in the loss of her arms seem disjointed or sudden, because it's not quite as clear that the entire bit with the amethysts was an accessory to Winter.

Yeah, well that's just like, your opinion man.

Why is Phos so useless when Cinnabun and Antarticite are 10x more useful with even lower hardness?

Antarc has the ability to get more powerful the lower the temperature is, which offsets her low hardness
Cinnabar has mercury

Phos doesn't have an immediately obvious ability like the other gems. Instead of having some special trait or unique boon to her gem type, she just has incredibly hardy and adaptable inclusions, but that's not something she ever had a chance to discover until she started taking risks and breaking.

Probably its like real hair but with the density and weight of amethyst

This reminds me of that experiment where they gave spiders different drugs.

Phos is just pretty dumb. Give her the most powerful body and she'd still find a way to fuck it up.

In case you haven't noticed, the gems are very averse to change and new experiences. The stuff Phos is doing right now, the attempts to learn and better herself, are considered an anomaly. When presented with a novel scenario, the gems don't become curious or interested, but disinterested and annoyed.

We have a week ahead that will break mangafags and animufags

>[stares in baka]

my little rock can't be this much of a fuckup

>when antarticite rises from the bath in liquid form

Cinnabun is also intelligent so even if she no longer had her mercury, she would still be an asset. Phos is just a lazy retard who wants to be relevant. Gems half a point harder than her can take up support roles. She just refuses because of her selfish desires.

Dammit stop picking on Phos. She is trying to change for the better.

T-1000 is my waifu!

And he refers to the ice as "sinners", which is probably the same reason he doesn't pray for the lunarians