Oregon poised to top California in gun laws

katu.com/news/local/oregon-initiative-would-outlaw-assault-weapons-unless-guns-are-registered-with-police

Attached: 6210687E-B6B2-4248-ADBA-14F46FF726A7.jpg (1242x1467, 1.15M)

It is funny how certain parts of the constitution can be fucked with by states and other parts can't.
Really makes you think

"assault weapons" is too broad, they'll ban literally every fucking gun

how can this be justified but businesses can't ban people from their establishments if they've experienced exponentially more theft and violence from certain groups?

Gun’s aren’t a protected class

Q predicted this

>Registers gun
>Report it lost in a boating accident the next day

Oregon needs a Portland containment zone, only the coasts with its Cali transplants are cucked.
honestly I could have said that some state would try this in the next 5 years and just by the way things are going i would be wrong, its like picking 1 number for powerball over a week span

The term 'assault rifle' means literally nothing. It's a made-up term to make guns sound scarier than they are

that's not an answer. it's outlined in black and white "shall not be infringed", this is clear infringement. if the document isn't followed to the letter, then where's the line?

This is what happens when people like us don't get involved in local politics

The cancer of California spreads.

nice trips
>what happens when people like us eventually "get involved"

Attached: jews forced to wear armbands.jpg (498x550, 37K)

Canada tried to implement a gun registry a decade and a bit ago or something. It went about as well as you would expect, with absolutely nobody bothering to register and billions of dollars being flushed down the drain. It remains an object of ridicule even today.

Attached: 1520635604622.jpg (913x1024, 84K)

You should read the Florida bill proposal. It's close to that and knee-jerk assholes wonder why it didn't pass.

The line is based on our interpretation. Shall not be infringed could be interpreted as shall not infringe on our right to assemble a well regulated militia. As I recall the 2nd amendment states that in order to keep a well regulated militia, the right to bare arms shall not be infringed. So are we saying that we need to have firearms in order to keep a well regulated militia, or are we saying that we need to have firearms for any reason? Politicians will use this idea of interpretation to whatever suits their needs. I for one would like to change the 2nd amendment to only say the right to bare arms shall not be infringed under no circumstances. Remove the militia part because it is already implied that you need firearms for a regulated militia, this way no one could misinterpret it.

any circumstances*

Read the article, it’s pretty much a wide sweep semiauto gun ban unless you register.

Sometimes I wish politicians who push unconstitutional initiatives or bills get some sort of punishment after their bill fails.

The line is whenever the courts decide it is.

It’s honestly looking like the tree of liberty will be getting a torrential watering soon

How do I stop this? I don't have a rifle yet.

guess I'm gonna be a felon

Attached: QE08QMth.jpg (800x522, 30K)

Buy a reliable semi-automatic chambered in .308/7.62x51 NATO, some magazines, and some ammo.

And that's a good thing.

I looked into it a bit. They need to get 88,000 signatures in order to get initiative 42 put on the ballet for the November general election and it might not have very widespread support outside of Portland, which makes sense.

Multnomah County alone will garner enough signatures and they will most certainly be instrumental in passing the measure. We...are...fucked.

Attached: 1521509165458.jpg (538x547, 45K)

They’ll do the same thing California did and name it something shady like “The Safety for All” act. There will be enough low IQ voters to see the title and think “I like safety” and vote for it

>anal 4u

Oh fuck over.

The only way to stop this nonsense is a Supreme Court case to say that semi-auto rifles are in fact protected by the 2A. Unfortunately we don't have the enough Justices for that right now but the day will come. I have no doubt.

It won't.
You'll keep surrendering your rights until the UK and Canada look like paradise before you ever step away from the t.v. and put down the big mac to think about resistance.

just need this jewish bitch to die already

Attached: ginsburg.jpg (1160x629, 95K)

Buy one now

That's what they want. They want Whites disarmed before we become a minority.
Guess why?

Attached: 1521096143542.jpg (1280x960, 343K)

Makes sense

Where can I buy that? Holy fuck do want.

disgusting

Attached: 1454298625619.jpg (902x1600, 858K)

this issue has been settled by the supreme court, of which you are not a part

..are you going to patrol the Mojave with that?

Attached: 2A.gif (827x628, 44K)

Fucking Californians get out of Oregon!
Hopefully this doesn't go though, seriously fuck California and their attempt to erase Oregonian culture

Oregon was THE ORIGINAL white ethnostate. And see what all that led to?

Attached: ethnostate.jpg (231x346, 13K)

>they'll ban literally every fucking gun
what if thats the point?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Attached: hmmmmmmmmmm.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

Nah, it wont pass. Portland is cucked to hell, but Oregon as a whole is moderate. Gun control isn't a 100% issue with liberals and is with conservatives. Passing it with a ballot measure will never happen.

One word: UNCONSTITUTIONAL

Attached: fps.jpg (420x420, 20K)

Neither is marajuana

Reading some of the comments on the statesman journal article makes me worry that this has the potential to reach the ballot

STOP ALLOWING THEM TO DO THIS.

HOLD POLITICIANS ACCOUNTABLE.

PROSECUTE THEM FOR TREASON.

>It's a made-up term to marginalize and restrict a specific class of weapon.

You know what's next after they get rid of "assault weapons"? Bolt action "military style sniper rifles". Then after that semi-auto "police grade" pistols. Finally with only revolvers and black powder left I'm sure they will demonize "cowboy guns".

Attached: Illustrated-Guide-To-Gun-Control.png (750x3200, 204K)