Why did Flip Flappers Flop?

Why did Flip Flappers Flop?

Overarching plot was trash, characters were trash, only like 3 good episodes

It's shit.

>mad max episode plus a couple cool ones
>dis gon b gud
>eventually turns into muh experimentation cliche drama we've seen a thousand times already
>also this annoying fuck ruining every segment he's in

I still have a couple episodes to watch and I'm struggling to find the motivation

Lack of advertising, shitty ending.

>he

oh fug

if the show had opened with a 10 second scene of cryptic foreshadowing towards the eventually revealed scenario i think more people would have stuck around to watch it. as it was, i think the beginning portion left most watchers wondering what the show was about and if it was going to go anywhere.

I totally forgot how weird the first episode was, it was a bit all over the place.

Didn't have a beta male mc for Japan to self-insert as

Cockona was very beta.

It flipped and flapped and flopped.

Seriously though, all it had going for it was muh symbolism. Characters and story were lacking.

>Hating Hidaka
Awful taste. I bet you want Yayaka to get the Coconut too.

I just wish there was a bit less screeching

Because stupid people watching garbage like one shit man or your shit in april

>Cockona

Never stop.

Please stop.

No.

There is nothing wrong with first episode being confusing. Its what makes things interesting.
Gen'ei comes to mind. That was some amazing first episode.

Toei animator said that anime is trash because directors are shit.
This was shit because the director is shit.
Good directors can turn shit like Kemono Friends into something good, while shitty directors turn something that looks good like Flip Flappers into utter shit.

Isn't this because of screen writers?

lesbians don't sell

when will japan learn

Felt kind of all over the place and disjointed. Like I was expecting some big twist revealing what Pure Illusion really was, or some big reveal about the KKK guys, but never got it. It never really made me guess what was going to happen next. I really liked the art style though.

>what Pure Illusion really was
It's probably good that it still remains a mystery.
>or some big reveal about the KKK guys
But we got this.
>It never really made me guess what was going to happen next
But the speculah was great, that's just you.

Are you implying popularity = quality
Or are you saying Kemono Friends is geniuenly good?

It had a slow start and it took too long to flesh out the characters and the setting. In fact, even by series end, many things were still unexplained. In addition, it was an original series by no-name staff and a (then) no-name studio doing it, with relatively little promotions. Regardless of people's opinions of the show, sales-wise it seemed doomed from the start.

Brainlets

Director of Kemono Friends is good because he tried to make an enjoyable story, therefore Kemono Friends is good.
Director of Flip Flappers is utterly shit because he only focused on pretty pictures, therefore Flip Flappers is utterly shit.

But FliFla had an enjoyable story too.
Why do you think it was shit?

It wanted to be Eva really bad

Pretty pictures and jungian psycho-analysis.

If it had a good story, then more people would have enjoyed it, and it would be more popular.

lost hard

I've always heard that about Flip Flappers, "symbolism".
A symbol has to mean something, you know. I don't think Flip Flappers has anything behind its visuals. It's just empty style.

See

Because they made Yayaka a rabbit fucker.

Kill yourself.

It's like you didn't watch the show.

Stop having shit fetishes. Uexküll is just a pet.

Man Yayaka was the only good thing that came out of this show.

Suddenly rescues Yayaka for no reason other than to make her look weak, and he carries her away.
Yayaka's only ending isn't to reconnect with anyone, instead she's sharing a meal with the rabbit who saved her.

If it wasn't a rabbit, no one would question it. Considering she saw him as humanoid when he rescued her, it's not like she's sexually attracted to the rabbit either.

tried too hard to have plot
>>also this annoying fuck ruining every segment he's in
kys

Fuck everyone who says it was shit. I enjoyed it from beggining to end and don't think it's bad.

>kys
Kill yourself.

>tried too hard to have plot
What do you mean?

Her only friend is off on her honeymoon and Yayaka's taking care of her pet, that's it.
Can't you just admit to having a bestiality fetish?

There's nothing wrong with realizing that you have objectively shit taste for liking something that sold badly because it's a terrible product, as long as you're humble about it.

Why was it terrible?

>objectively
Have a (you)

Her only friend was off trapped in another world, she went and took her friend's rabbit on a date instead of doing anything to help her.

I actually enjoyed the plot based episodes a little more than the earlier episodes, especially showing how much of the symbolism running throughout the story actually had meaning and were all intentional unlike almost every other anime that gets sucked-off for such things. Episode 12 did undoubtedly have a fair few problems, Hayaiyaka more than made up for it.

Considering SAO sells enough to have yet another season and even an anime adaptation for an spin off, SAO is objectively a masterpiece that sells a lot because it's an awesome product, right?

Because salesfags don't have human rights.

>Why did Flip Flappers Flop?

because no one wanted to see Madoka but with lesbians

It has a guy that has virtual reality sex with a girl, whereas Flip Flappers has just badly emulated tropes.

>it's bad
>Why?
>because I said so!
Great thread

>It has a guy that has virtual reality sex with a girl

I never watched SAO, but can they actually feel orgasms that way? Do they just jizz themselves in a coma?

If a virtual reality is so advanced that makes you feel everything else why would orgasms be any different?

Guess that means SAO > Flip Flappers

It's bad because the last few episodes ruin what the rest of the show set up.

Bad title, meh art style, bad advertising, crappy main plot.

Even yuri couldn't save it.

>Or are you saying Kemono Friends is geniuenly good?

It is though.

>meh art style

Not that's just bullshit

Because episode 9 to 12 ruined everything. It was a solid 8 out of 10 up to that point, and maybe a 5 by the end if I'm being generous. The art, story, and directing all took a nosedive.

Precure already exists, they should have stuck to the whimsical world exploration.

Ost was really nice though.

It was okay but designs were unappealing for average anime fan and title was stupid.

Most (not all. There's people with legit reasons to dislike the show, they just get drowned by the loud retards) Flip Flappers hate comes from brainwashed salesfags trying to find excuses to say it's shit because it flopped. And sales=quality

Animation was good, designs were not.

Dont know, Cocona and Papika are some of the cutest characters i've ever seen
>hating on Hidaka
fuck you too mang

>title was stupid
This has to be one of the most retarded complaints ever. It makes no sense to me to give any importance at all to the title when talking about a show's quality

Don't bother watching them. The last episodes are just worthless.

OP was asking why this show flopped. Since it flopped, it means that it was bad, which is made even more harsh in contrast to a show that looked extremely bad, but managed to become one of the top sellers of the year.
And now people must find out the reason why Flip Flappers was bad, so that they can recognize bad things in advance and not make the mistake of liking terrible shit shows again.

Shiki flopped. Why did it flop? Was it actually bad because of it flopping?

Not all flops are bad. Shin Sekai Yori got very positive reception, at least from Western people, but it flopped in Japan hard. Ditto for (believe it or not) Aku no Hana: the vast majority of people hated it, but critics loved it. And it was a massive bomb.

As for Flip Flappers though, yeah it's kind of overrated here and while being bad doesn't necessarily equate to flop, that may have been a factor here. It's not bad, but its fanbase makes it appear like it's AOTD when it's not even a contender for AOTS.

I'm getting flashbacks from when I said I liked Rolling Girls and defended it too.

They gave the red haired girl a blue super form and the blue haired girl a red super form and this disturbed my OCD so greatly I wanted to cry.

I'm glad it failed

>look mom I judge the show only from the profit point of view, I'm such a smart-ass!

Considering that the OP wrote
>Why did Flip Flappers Flop?
that means yes, you have to judge it from the profit point of view to answer the question.

Saying "because it was x" doesn't answer anything.

That's why you now have to guesstimate the factors that lead to x.

Really feeling that writer change.

Yeah not even top 3 that season, also they really needed to up their face-game.

>stop liking things
>you can only like things as much as we haters allow you to
No. Go kill yourselves. You don't get to say what people can like or limit how much they can like it. If people want to claim it was AOTY or AOTS, you fags don't have any right to say they shouldn't

But if you claim that Flip Flappers is AOTY or AOTS despite it being an utter flop and thus being bad, it means that something is wrong with you.
In order to help you, everyone must now find out why Flip Flappers is bad, so that you can become a wiser person from everyone's shared knowledge and not repeat the mistake of declaring bad shows to be AOTY or AOTS.

Your whole post is retarded
Sales=/= quality.
>everyone's shared knowledge
Fuck your hivemind bullshit
To me, Flip Flappers is good. And sales mean nothing to me. Nothing

If you don't want to be part of the great hivemind, then you're an outcast. A pariah. An irregular. An anomaly. A mistake. A failure.

Yuri series have always tended to sell poorly.

Or I can be an übermensch who can see the inferior plebs for what they are. I have evolved beyond your sheep mentality. I'm superior

Stop samefagging. No one's taking your crappy bait.

Then prove your superiority. Shame everyone into admitting that you were right, while everyone else was wrong through your mighty deeds and wisdom.
Prove that Flip Flappers was good and it just sold badly because of factors that have nothing to do with its perceived lack of positive qualities. Astonish the world.

Honestly, the threads was my favorite thing about Flip Flappers.
Still a fun show, though.

virgin yayacuck vs chad papika

Such a shitpost. Yuri doesn't sell well, that's a fact, and then you post an image for a series with no yuri.

Sad but true. Papika confessed at first sight and never let up, Yayaka didn't confess for a decade even when she had a chance on the rebound.

>Such a shitpost
The irony.

Not enough flipping and flapping

Japanese have shit taste.