How does Sup Forums feel about isekai?

How does Sup Forums feel about isekai?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pZ1ldmMzmvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Zero no Tsukaima, the novels at least, was pretty good.

I like NG Knight Ramune & 40. The best isekai.

I like some of them.

A conneticut yankee in king arthur’s court is one of my favorite books

I fucking love futurama

My all time favorite.

I unironically love isekai webnovels. I wish there were more of them (translated).

Escaflowne isn't bad.

Just learn Japanese. If you are interested in niche media like WN or VN, it's unwise to wait for translations that may never come.

good isekai and reverse isekai in one

Did that ever finish? Last I recall reading about it was when the female version of Oda's killer becomes yandere or some shit.

S-SATANIC TRIPS

When will we ever get a manga database that's like Novelupldates?
Mangaupdates website is so fucking prehistoric and a pain in the ass/eyes to navigate

More of them? There's already a fucking ton and a half translated.

HOTD is good
fuck you

Its really unfair including World Trigger and Noragami in there.

Ao No Exorcist isn't that bad either.

youtube.com/watch?v=pZ1ldmMzmvk

No it's not, it's so bad it's creator got bored of it.

I love isekai. Sure, a lot of it is generic rpg, fantasy, and self insert MC, but I like them anyway.
The only one I've hated is Smartphone.

Why? It was pretty generic and better than the majority of them.

It's not better than anything. Nothing happens, and it's only selling feature is that people think it's comfy. Comfy is incredibly hit or miss if you actually want to read something in which literally any progress is made aside from a new chick appearing.

The premise of the smartphone was interesting,
I was hoping he'd have to use his wits to use the smartphone in interesting ways.
But then he just gets 'all the magic'. In that case, the smartphone aspect was irrelevant from the beginning.

So what? It's silly to think that there will be something interesting or unique. At least author didn't forget about characters and abilities. In the most isekai novels authors apologise that they forgot about what they wrought before every 10 chapters. It was written at human Japanese, character had some dialogues and personality, so it's better than the most isekai novels.

>It's silly to think that there will be something interesting or unique
This is the most fucking retarded thing I've ever read. It's slightly more retarded than the fact that your defense is "at least the author didn't forget the abilities" which you then falsely claim most isekai do. Sadly, no, most isekai don't forget and keep the shitty overpowered and tension erasing cheat sheat rpg bullshit abilities they add. That's the main flaw of most isekai. Smartphone has no characters with personality, it has the same archetypes as everywhere else. That's the problem, it's all it has. Otherwise it's just aimless SoL and if you like that fine, but don't tell me it's "better than most isekai novels" because it's really not.

kill it with fire

Oh, they do forget. Like charterer supposed to be immune to fire, but he burns in fire. Or like character gets super axe, but never uses it and gives it away 50 chapters later. And in smartphone there at least were dialogues and archetypes. Usually MC just meet characters, fuck them, goes further.

It's all MTL'd WN/LNs now sorry.

Cool 2 examples out of the 50 examples of all the stupid isekai where the protagonist continues to use his cheat sheet ability. You sure showed me, user. Ad no, he has archetypes. In the 80% of isekai where the girls aren't cycled in and out they stand around and do their "thing" when the author calls upon them to do it, usually a little goofy trait like isn't she tsundere or look she's clumsy. Smartphone is identical. It's part of the 80% that does not shuffle it's girls out for new ones.

More like 1%.
Also most of the people 'translating' these things barely know Japanese or English for that matter.

>But then he just gets 'all the magic'. In that case, the smartphone aspect was irrelevant from the beginning.
He uses it.

Its not isekai without god power and harem

That's not how it works.

Never post again, thanks.

Magic is the lame power you can do anything

>t. Neil Gaiman Reddit pleb meme garbage

>t.
Fuck off.

>Noragami
>bad
triggered.png also tfw its basically canceled

>quoting only the "t."
The rest of his post wasn't better.

I want to see more twist like this.

You see usually from that point you can already disregard the rest as bullshit.

>>t.
Good job outting yourself, fag.

Just a sarcastic joke in the spirit of the OP, senpais. Calm down. Incidentally are we really hating on t. now? Because if so, hurrah.

It's still shitposting, even if you are being ironic.

I like the one with the Spider and the one where dude trains the goblins

Why are you shitposting in a thread that was shitposting from the OP onward? Control your autism, nobody is going to arrange their M&Ms by color just because you do. Move on.

Bottom list should be a collection of actual literature instead of all that crap. Then it's a fair comparison.

Did you read it? People are trying to drag it back on track, retard. It's people like you who think "well it started shit, so let's join in" that lead to the constant stream of shit most boards have nowdays.

How the fuck are you going to know if a book is bad or not until you read some of it? That quote is nonsensical.

I was going to say that you could read 4,000 pages of both but then the quote handily destroyed that idea and shamed me deservedly.

You don't know Japanese, do you? The majority of translated ones are not that bad.

That makes it not Sup Forums related.
OP's joke is based on people's bad opinion of Sup Forums related media, and good opinion of /lit/ material. It doesn't need to be fair.

>How the fuck are you going to know if a book is bad or not until you read some of it?
I feel like this is pretty self evident.

Your post confuses me.

>basically canceled
Please don't even say that

Are your movies arranged alphabetically? You should close the thread and go make sure. Come to grips with the fact that you are THE problem, not the cure. I have already added more than you will. Now fuck off.

Or scream more into the void, angry, raging and unread. Your call. But be sure to try to convince me that you're totally not mad, then that you don't care if people think you are, super unconvincingly. I *won't know* what ya post either way but will post this smiley face for you to pretend not to be mad about, as you flail :)

Those trips can't lie, user.

>highschool reading list

my nigga

woah calm down user I thought you were being 'ironic' or was that a facade?

Is this bait? Literally none of the animes are Isekai.

That's what the image is saying, yes.

These are all things you "know" to be shit or good based on hearsay. That hearsay comes from people who have read it, which means they went against the quote. But someone has to read it to know whether it is good or bad. Ergo, the quote is complete bullshit.

If I ever get isekai'ed the first skill I'm going to put any points into is "judge books by their covers".

Honestly the very assumption that bad books harm mind is wrong. Moreover, the assumption that such thing as bad book exists is wrong too. Every book end every piece of art can either harm or benefit. It depends only on mind of a person that reads a book or consumes any other piece of art. If mind is mature, than none can harm it and everything would benefit it.

But all minds aren't mature.
And many minds that should be mature are as if not more malleable then the ignorant mind of a child.
It's why so many people with an agenda to push have to start with the young and the stupid. Oh and those who think they are immune to such things.
They're the ones that are really important as well.

If mind isn't mature than it should be allowed to mature by harming itself. Such things cann't be forced. Of course, it can not be allowed to kill itself, so some control is necessary, but exquisite protection is bad too.

Redhead has godlike playing-with-plastic-toys powers

Can world trigger be considered isekai?

I'll let you work it out. It's a very simple process with literally one qualification: does he end up in a world that is not his own?

It's about aliens from another world invading each other. One of the mc is an alien. So maybe.

You should add The Brothers Lionheart to the top half.

Would Bleach be isekai?

>the picture of Dorian Gray
>high tier

Nope.

It's just a lengthy way of saying that 2D > 3D.