Fuckin' hell Sup Forums I just watched your lie in april and I feel like my heart was ripped off...

Fuckin' hell Sup Forums I just watched your lie in april and I feel like my heart was ripped off. I started watching just because I'm a musician and I thought "Hey, this should be fun!" Don't get me wrong it was but man I was not expecting all this sadness and depression... a great experience

I liked it too.

It's not so popular on Sup Forums though. They're going to start tearing into it soon using buzzwords like "melodramatic".

Ive always put off watching it cause everyone says it's depressing as shit
what causes the depression? Please dont tell me NTR

Thanks for the heads up

like when? iirc she gave away that she was going to die about half way through the show, then they dragged it our for too long.

If the shoe fits.

>show is melodramatic
>if I call it a buzzword it wont count!

It wasn't supposed to be a big plot twist or anything, just a humble reveal of what the story was actually about.

But it is a buzzword.

I won't use that buzzword but I still think it's absolutely fucking ridiculous that this story happened with middle school characters out here acting like fucking 30 year olds. Maybe if they had made the characters high school age it would feel more real to me.

Good, share it with your pals on MAL and stay there.

since when is anime realistic or any cartoons for that matter?

"Melodramatic" is absolutely a buzzword and not a real criticism. All anime is melodramatic, and most film is as well.

It's not about being realistic, it's about being believable, and this anime sure as fuck wasn't either.

bitch whose death was foreshadowed a minimum of three times per episode dies, wow so sad

You go watch an anime and you expect believable? It's fiction

Really shows how much the board population changed over the last couple of years, praising baby's first tearjerker of all things.
Even AB was done in a better fashion.

yeah I mean I did like it, but I wanted to like it more, and to feel emotional about it, but they just kinda screwed it up IMO.

Typically tragedies need characters that the audience can relate to or at the very least sympathize with. Have you ever heard of Suspension of Disbelief? If they're going to tell me this story, I at least need dialogue that reflects the age of the characters.

fiction has to be believable within its own setting you mong, shigatsu is just retarded

I'd post the SZS picture where he says "when people who haven't read many books go and read a shitty novel and they call it the most touching thing ever it's sad" but I'm on mobile so

>Drama
>Actually being sad
Yeah now. When you can see who's going to die, then you can't feel attached to the character, and therefore you can't feel its death.

Stop being an idiot.

Melodrama isn't even an insult.

It's just a word used to describe exaggerated conflict. Melodrama is only bad when it drags on like in Soap Operas.

An user told me to watch Aku no Hana to recover and he was right. Total dissection of YLiA oneitis

Mixed feelings here. Overall all in all I'd like to say I enjoyed the show, but there were some things that annoyed me really badly. I feel like the second half was dragged out way too long with absolutely nothing, and if wasn't very realistic either. 14 year old kids don't act like that. But what I really fucking hated was that it felt like the show had no point whatsoever. She just fucking dies and that's all there is to it. Some people argue that the show was about healing and learning about how to move on, which the show did a spectacular job with when he finally forgave his late mother during a concert and moved on, that was truly moving, really, it was by far the highlight of the show and I watched with tears on my eyes.

But at the end when the main girl finally died I just got annoyed. What was the point of dragging it out so long if she was just going to die anyway? It made no sense. Maybe I'm just a sucker for happy endings, but how exactly is the show learning you how to move on with the help of others when the person that helped you move on fucking dies too? Should we all just kill ourselves? Is that the message here?

Literally the only thing I can praise about Shigatsu is the OST, and even then most of the original tracks are forgettable as fuck with the good ones being actual classical pieces used for the contests.

The melodrama is unbearable, the characters act nothing like middle schoolers to the point they could've just changed the setting to high school, it tries to justify child abuse and it fucking lays the foreshadowing of Kaori's death like it thinks viewers are literally retarded.

Without being able to feel any empathy for the characters, its fame is all about the tear jerker forced drama scenes which people who've watched less than 10 shows that aren't shonen find revolutionary.

It's not like I don't like melodrama, hell I loved Clannad but in Clannad you at least feel attached to the characters before the blatant tear jerking starts.

I liked the anime but I felt I bit betrayed since there was almost just Chopin in there. Like there are some great composers out there who worte for piano. I would have enjoyed some Debussy or Bartók, but nah let's just have some Chopin

This. A lot of the soundtrack is really good. I don't give a shit about the show and forgot I even watched it, but I still listen to the soundtrack.

The live action is better because it removed all the unnecessary meandering.

What's the better Feelscore? Your Lie in April, or Ano Hana?

both are not that good but I think AnoHana did the tearjerking better

>its fame is all about the tear jerker forced drama scenes which people who've watched less than 10 shows that aren't shonen find revolutionary.
I've seen hundreds of shows and movies and I thought it was sad.

I could relate with the characters... The struggle with why I am playing music and who should I play it for really hit me

It definately was a bit melodramatic but I felt the execution was good. Beautiful music helped but the most heqrtbreaking moment for me is when the main heroine proposes committing suicide with the mc . That I think was genuinely powerful and could work in a number of different settings.

It's not about the fact that she's going to die. It's that you get attached to her so much, and have the tiniest of hope that she will live that is painful

I agree with you, but I think that the acceptance here is dragged out through the whole series, from the moment she fell on stage till the end. Kousei knows that she is terminally ill, but struggles to accept that she is going to die, until the end.

why you people like to periodically pain me like this? stop posting this I don't want to see this anymore

I remember people were sucking it's dick when it ended

Does anyone else think that this anime copied some shit from sangatsu no lion?

Never saw it. What's it about?

A prodigy shogi player that is dealing with depression. Both mcs in these two stories even look somewhat similar. Also, both titles have a month in it, March and April.

I felt more anger than sadness. Kaori's "plan" was completely incomprehensible. People like to spout the stupid meme that "it's about the journey, not the ending" but this is one show where the ending (specifically the letter detailing Kaori's plan) makes the journey feel stupid.

Yeah, it's dumb how she decided to change her life around after realizing she barely has any time left, only to cuck the person she loves with his best friend lol

that's a bizarre way to twist it.

Her plan was to befriend and impact someone she loves and admires. That's it. It's not incomprehensible at all lol.

She could just, you know, do that. You don't need to fuck someone's friend to become their friend, that's not how people work. Every bit of relationship drama throughout the show is cheapened by that nonsense.

>She could just, you know, do that.
Her letter explains pretty explicitly why she did it the way she did it.
>that's not how people work.
If you knew anything about people, you'd be aware that we're dictated by more than just logic and reasoning. Emotion and psychology are powerful factors in decision-making for many people, and this is doubly true for middle schoolers. Often times from an objective perspective it seems moronic to make certain decisions, but for the person making that decision, their state of mind and/or emotions is taken into account, too.

>Her letter explains pretty explicitly why she did it the way she did it.
And it's contradictory. Her impending doom got her to throw away her reservations and jump forward... except for the part where she took a roundabout approach instead of actually jumping forward.
And don't give me the "you can write whatever the fuck you want and just wave it away by saying they're kids therefore they're illogical" bullshit. That's nothing more than a deflection, it doesn't explain anything and it doesn't change the way you react to it.

>except for the part where she took a roundabout approach instead of actually jumping forward.
Because her interjection into a tight-knit group of friends has an impact on those people and not just herself. She didn't want to fuck things up for Tsubaki, specifically. She specifically explains this in extremely plain terms.
>That's nothing more than a deflection, it doesn't explain anything
So you think this was a show about logical people making logical decisions and not a drama about children reacting to extremely emotional and life altering situations. I can tell why you were disappointed.

The shitty comedy ruined this show. The piano instructor was the only female who wasn't a cunt.

>Because her interjection into a tight-knit group of friends has an impact on those people and not just herself. She didn't want to fuck things up for Tsubaki, specifically. She specifically explains this in extremely plain terms.
Let me propose two situations to you and you can tell me which you think has more of an impact on a group of people.
1. Become friends with the guy your friend likes through her. You secretly like this guy, but hide it because of your friend.
2. Become friends with the guy your friend likes by fake-dating his friend because you don't want your other friend to know you like the guy because she likes the guy. Then just hope that your fake relationship leaves no impact on the guy you're fake-dating just because you heard he's dated a lot of girls. Then basically wind up dating the other guy anyways behind everyone's back except they all know and literally all four of you wind up feeling like shit.
This shouldn't be a hard one to answer. "She's just a kid" though, so you'll just wave it away.
>So you think this was a show about logical people making logical decisions and not a drama about children reacting to extremely emotional and life altering situations
No, but it was written deliberately. It's not reality.

You must notice they use the english version of the title. The reason for this is because they watched it on netflix.

>Then just hope that your fake relationship leaves no impact on the guy you're fake-dating just because you heard he's dated a lot of girls.
Yes, that was her mindset. If you think this is the most retarded thing a teenager has ever done, you've never met a teenager.
>Then basically wind up dating the other guy anyways behind everyone's back except they all know and literally all four of you wind up feeling like shit.
It didn't work out the way she had hoped. Things ended up kind of awkward between them regardless, probably because Kousei fell harder for Kaori than she expected, in addition to Tsubaki realizing her own feelings for Kousei (seeing Kousei fall for Kaori and getting jealous about it).
>No, but it was written deliberately. It's not reality.
Yes, the teenage characters were deliberately written as teenagers, that is correct.

>a plan that is explicitly shown to have failed in the show is a bad plan.
you don't say.

thanks for the insight, detective.

I can't see eye to eye with you, we may as well stop.
It's bad because it's more complicated and explicitly involves shitting on someone's feelings on purpose.

yes, it was a bad plan made by a confused and emotional kid. the show acknowledges this, you brainless faggot.

If you're just going to repeat what the other guy said, there's no point to this. I've said my piece.