I don't get it, why do people like this crap?

I don't get it, why do people like this crap?

It's a mystery. No one knows.

It has some seriously good character arcs.

Really good characterization.

Because it has "waifus" and it makes them feel intelligent by watchign something "artsy".

wherever there are bishoujo legs
I will be there

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand monogatari.

You're a man of taste

Banter between characters is good.

>a harem of cute girls
>convoluted bullshit of a plot
>kanji wordplay that you can't even understand
What else do you need?

makes my weewee feel funny

>cucks

So it's this thread again.

first season was good, 2nd season was kinda good? 3rd season+ was just fapbait.

>criticism is bait

The doujins

>it's crap
>no argument at all
>criticism

You posted ten reasons

Koyomi best girl

>I don't like a thing = criticism

Am i the only one who legitimately likes the show aside from the perfect girls?

nice criticism user, I bet your insightful viewpoint on the monogatari series will change the opinion of all those who have seen and those who have yet to see this anime.

Nope, I enjoy it as well.

Maybe you should watch it before you criticise it.

SHAFT are good at animating

People watch it for the cheeky character interactions and dialogue.

I wonder why

Tanabe Kyou

The show is fantastic. It's definitely not as deep as NGE, Lain or even GitS, but it IS more sophisticated than most newer shows and the characters and their interactions are just entertaining as fuck.

>but it IS more sophisticated than most newer shows

Trippy visuals != good animation. Especially Kizu was abysmal with all its horrible backgrounds, rotoscoping and even using CG for characters (that one pissed me off the most).

>it IS more sophisticated than most newer shows
what are you comparing it to?
Because unless it's to generic shit like Two Cars and Blend S you're wrong.
What they have is a decent production value unlike most anime so that plus the non linear plot and this perfect normie/reddit bait show.
What I absolute love about the Monogatari series is not the show itself but how great it as a test, not that you have to be a complete normie to like this but people praising this like it's anything but a well produced harem just tells me everything I need to know about someone's taste in anime and how many shows they've watched

>normie

>but it IS more sophisticated than most newer shows
elaborate

I like the characters and it has some great moments.

>I need to know about someone's taste in anime and how many shows they've watched
>actually caring about other peoples opinions
>not enjoying the show because you like it
>trashing other shows instead of watching or discussing about a show you like for some reason
You must have a sad life.

Fun conversations, varied characters, good music, very stylized. I think it shouldn't be this long though.

Yeah I watched Bake and a bit of Nise and it's nice, but I don't feel like keep going honestly, the fanservice just keep escalating.

Cute girls are cute.

CONTINUE WATCHING!
Nise's fanservice is bad, but it gets a lot better afterwards.

There's very little fanservice after nise though

>why do people like this crap?
>picture of why people like this crap

People like personal hygiene

What do you mean by season? Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari are both officially first season, so if you mean Tsukimonogatari and Owarimonogatari by fabbait third season I don't think we watched the same series. Owarimonogatari has almost no fanservice (Except maybe parts of Shinobu Mail) and pretty much completely focusses on Araragi.

It's generic harem romance self-insert drivel that pretends to be more than that and thus appeals to people who normally would be too insecure to openly like something like this.

Self insert?
Araragmust have some serious issues if you can identify that well with Araragi.

Will there be a Tabemonogatari?

He's a bland friendless loner manlet virgin whose greatest ability is being good at getting beat up by girls, I'm certain the majority of the target audience can identify with him quite well.

Everything that isn't battle shonen or moe slice-of-life is pretentious.

Why is this the only way to start a Monogatari thread anymore? Why can't we just have a conversation without blatant baiting?

Crossboarders.

It's fine. I don't really get how massively it blew up considering how a lot of the main cast behaves and the general sort of humor, seems like the sort of shit that'd trigger a lot of people. Though lately I've noticed people writing off anything that doesn't sit well with them as "not counting" somehow so maybe that's what's going on (why not just watch a different show at that point though?)

That's not Nise though, but Tsuki (interesting how people keep confusing that). Also, there's different kind of fanservice, it can be on the more softcore side like this right here. Keep in mind that the most famous fanservice scene has no nudity at all (obviously talking about the teeth brushing).

>that scene
>softcore
I came three times and I haven't even taken off my pants.

>criticism is bad
FTFY

I loved the style and novelty of Bake but everything after that feels like more of the same ad nauseam.
It's pure glorified waifuism at this point.

>more of the same ad nauseam.
Each season feels pretty different to the others, they even managed to make Owari and Owari 2 feel distinct to each other despite being the same season being cut in two by Shaft. I thought the issue people had was that the sequels weren't just Bake clones?

Ah I see, you're pretty good at criticism, you should work in news and tell everyone that the had shit country, but doesn't explain why.

Thanks

I don't know, it's just my worthless user opinion.
Knowing myself I tend to focus a lot more on the art/direction style and music than most so I guess it eats up a lot of my attention and I'm probably biased because of that.

kizu's athlete venue fight was insanely well animated, i don't recall any cg. Anime as a whole is a mess, varying in frame gaps constantly, however shaft seems to never have this problem

I liked it a lot. OST, animation, story and characters are all great.