Video of Uber accident

They just released this shitty footage.
>10+ meters for car to detect object in path and brake
>streetlights, but completely dark, meaning camera footage isn't representative of light level
>shitty video quality, clearly to spread disinformation and protect Uber
It's clear, regardless of the pedestrian, that the car should have braked, and that there was enough light for human vision to see the road.

Attached: 976585098542833664 00.00.00-00.00.21.webm (636x360, 727K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Sr5ftvOt_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I couldn't have stopped.

Looks like murder by texting.

Attached: 80s_TheCrazyParty_rideneverends.jpg (1200x1000, 259K)

>nigger J-walking with a (probably stolen) bike in the middle of the night
Cars are programmed to react to and obey the law. When the pedestrian breaks the law, then the Pedestrian should get fucked.

Oops forgot my leaf

la luz extinguido......

You could have braked. Above 30 mph, every ms counts. Notice how dark the footage is despite the streetlights: the camera sensor doesn't have enough range to capture realistic video. The video is misleading, and in reality you'd have been able to see the entire road. Notice how the driver never looks at the road once until it's too late - a human drive would have payed attention.

Attached: truck_brakes.webm (854x480, 2.93M)

>tfw you're the first sentient car and they put that driver inside you

Attached: 1508120475173.png (1234x739, 581K)

no radar ? it's a large profile object seen from the side
regardless, i couldn't have stopped in time

what the fuck is that hair style? bald and mullet at the same time.

fucking retard walking in the street.

I think it's far more likely they released a low quality video on purpose so it looks like the woman appears out of nowhere

That could have been a deer, etc. The car wouldn't have braked in such case either, you imbecile. They're beta testing these cars on public roads because Arizona rolled over for Uber. The vehicle should never have been driving in public

Gonna have to do some CSI here user.

How fast was the Uber traveling? Could the vehicle actually physically stopped in time to prevent this incident?

Also, It's not like the Uber mowed down a group of pedestrians, it hit a jay walker. Jay walking is dangerous on a busy road, even more so at night.

Even if the car was being driven by a human, I doubt they could have reacted in time.

The Uber cars use LIDAR. Teslas use Radar

>"pedestrian "

yeah nah, thats some shady as fuck jaywalking across some random street while carrying a bike. if im not mistaken the lock is still on the bike, so its stolen, and the person looks black, so business as usual.

good god, why is this even being debated?

>A.I. slaughters druggie and pins it on a creatura
Uber literally dindu nuffin

They want self driving cars so they can contol where you go and stop an entire city with a button. Its part of the plan

I live in Phoenix and our lighting really is that shitty

if it were day you would see there are actually over twice as many streetlights but they dont keep them on from the budget cuts from 2008

kek, what is this?

Attached: xe.png (122x119, 15K)

the fuck was she doing in the road there?
i would have missed her by braking and swerving, but that...thing in the car wasnt even paying attention

Was that thing on their phone? As an observer in a car safety trial, shouldn't their eyes be on the road as if they were driving?

>dumb bitch with her bike isn't even looking at the road
>dumb bitch in the car isn't even looking at the road
both fucked up, but the dead one is stupid as fuck, doesn't even know how to cross a straight road without getting ran over. The car had lights on, how do you not see that?

so that ""woman"" that was driving was a tranny right? i saw a picture of her on the news and her whole face looked like it was covered in stubble.

literally this, RAND corporation is behind uber and all the self driving bullshit, they want people reliant on (((them))) for transportation
>oy vey why do you need freedom of movement goy, don't you know it's (((inefficient)))
it's all about (((control))), (((controlling))) YOU

A trans-mexican felon.

Attached: 1521677094034[1].png (1304x1320, 1.7M)

how about you shut your cuck hole for about a weekl

>LA CREATURA

Im suprised that huge truck could stop that fast. I was expecting the kid to at least get tapped

>white genocide isn't real
>a race war isn't being actively waged against whites

So the "human" goblin failsafe driver was distracted driving. Manslaughter charges for Uber when?

Attached: 1521486699162.png (815x600, 171K)

they didn't edit the video. that would be EASY to find out and that would raise some big fuckin eyebrows. rather, they just had shitty cameras installed in the vehicles, so they could say they DID install cameras. and now that they need footage it is to their benefit that the camera can barely see a woman crossing the road in the dark before it's too late.

THE TRUTH is that human drivers follow bell curve of aptitude. some will never have accidents. others get in five. most may or may not. how much better than most human drivers does a self-driving car need to be? what if 80% of humans would have had the reaction time, awareness, and vision to not hit that woman?
the guy sitting in the passenger seat looks like a fucking 56% meme lmao fuck this gay earth

Attached: 1520479947953.gif (480x228, 263K)

man black people do this shit all the time they wear all black hoodie and walk on the side of the road. Had some close calls but their dumbasses dont seem to care. Man I notice when blacks start walking around the streets freely that place is no good.

>How fast was the Uber traveling?
About 40 mph.

>Could the vehicle actually physically stopped in time to prevent this incident?
Safe stopping distance at that speed is a little over 40 yards.

The pedestrian had to cross 3 lanes to get in front of the car with no obstructions to visibility.

>Even if the car was being driven by a human, I doubt they could have reacted in time.
Fortunately humans with drivers licenes see better than that shitty dashcam.

I would absolutely expect a human to at least be hard on their brakes there.

So, the list of people being sued/blamed are:

Pedestrian Bum
The untermensh behind the wheel
Uber/the programmers
Volvo
And now the city of Tempe or phoenix.

>jaywalk
>in the middle of the night
>in a road with minimal streetlights
>get hit by a car
>somehow the (self)driver is at fault
????

LA CREATURA

I sort of wish the truck would run over someone that stupid.

user, homeless bitch got what she deserved.

>she

Cars sensors should have seen the pedestrian and braked. Simple as that.

>They just released this shitty footage.
it project blue beans

Attached: project blue beans.jpg (624x1024, 113K)

she didn't see the car coming because it doesn't need headlights without a human driver

>car doesn't detect an object in front of it
>crashes and kill its passenger
>not the vehicles fault
It doesn't even brake. What was this self-driving junk doing being tested on public roads?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is the case. The quality of the dash cam is laughably low. Either they did that by design or they purposely released the lowest possible quality they could. There's no way that street is that fucking dark with that many street lamps on it. Plus on top of that the mutt in the car isn't even watching the road whatsoever.

Headlights aren't just for you to see, they're for others to see you

impossible to stop . what was the bitch DOING THERE even , she can t cross there . i m glad she died

Forgot the pic of the accident area.

Attached: accident-diagram-1050[1].png (2100x1180, 1.04M)

>be me
>be walking home at midnight in the forest
>ENGAGE STEALTH MODE
>take the FUCKING REFLECTORS off the bike for black ops
>turn OFF the flashing leds and led headlights that all the living people have on their bikes
>ACTIVATE MISSION
>grab the stealth mode wheeled contraption
>think about that time grandma told me to look both ways before crossing the street
>
>
>GAME OVER

lmao jesus christ, homeless people are the worst

>that homer simpson five o'clock shadow

Driver wasnt watching the road. Sorry boys, this just proves that self driving cars are retarded

That's pretty impressive. Obviously that truck was operated by somebody who not only kept up with maintenance, but also had the foresight to be prepared on the brakes when passing a stopped bus like that. Kudos to that driver, I wish all truckers were like that. Most of ours are retarded loos who drive absolute shitheaps with maybe 1/4 of their brakes functional.

Attached: 1519546314566.png (367x314, 110K)

>Uber car handler not paying attention
vs.
>Jaywalking
>Not wearing reflective gear
>Wearing dark clothing at night
Honestly I feel like the blame on this is an even 50/50 split between the pedestrian and the Uber creatura.

Attached: 1409619233902.gif (245x320, 538K)

Don't they have regulations where they're required to have some level of functioning technology onboard?
Regardless, you're wrong: the video is very clearly edited, parts blurred out, and letterboxed. The second part of the footage isn't even the same aspect ratio. It looks like they recorded the screen of some video player instead of editing together raw footage

yeah that's my point that's how she died since it doesn't drive with a human it didn't use them

The frame rate from this video will also give the illusion that the car had no time to stop when it did.

Also doesn't Audi have a thermal imager that can see pedestrians?

Why don't these cars have them?

Attached: 1519785316925.jpg (665x360, 36K)

but but but progress technology

tell me more about your moral philosophy, Hans

youtube.com/watch?v=3Sr5ftvOt_4

Attached: 1509049880697.png (650x622, 21K)

>When the pedestrian breaks the law, then the Pedestrian should get fucked

in all seriousness, this is not compatible with public safety, I think you are either insane or malicious, and given the profit motive, I'm inclined to think you are malicious

It's not even a fucking 2 way road wht the fuck

the headlights were on, get eyesight

Attached: Screenshot_20180321-214111.png (1920x1080, 223K)

This looks like a dashcam for observational purposes, not a primary sensor for the autopilot.

If that camera footage shows what the human eye would see, she would have been hit by pretty much anyone driving. That said, these are machines, why equip them with cameras that cannot see in the dark?

ella no hizo nadaffins

>walk out into oncoming traffic outside of a crosswalk
>blame someone else when you get hurt
user, no...

Attached: 1485973015803.jpg (320x320, 18K)

Because it's Uber, a company built on greed and kikery of the highest order

They couldn't even be assed to install HD dash cams for fuck's sake. They probably had chinks build the car for $1 an hour too

This. Technology is preventing natural selection from running its due course. It's why we have so many fucking retards running around now.

Probably just retarded

>Technology is preventing natural selection from running its due course.
>in a thread where dumb luddites are whining about an automated car roadkilling dumb jaywalking homeless drug addict

Why was this dipshit slinking across the road like a god damn turd in the night? It's 100% the dummies fault who decided to cross the ROAD like a retard in the middle of the night with no reflective clothing or lights (as if that makes it better she just willy nilly was crossing the road at night).

Jay walkers deserve death.

Attached: 1518273066389.png (1022x731, 643K)

people are missing the point i think, in two ways.

The first group of people missing the point are the ones blaming the driver for not seeing the jaywalker and claiming that the footage light levels do not represent reality.
In any situation where the driver could have seen the jaywalker, the jaywalker would also have been able to see the driver. If this were a normal case with out a self driving car under these conditions the driver would not be at fault here.

The second group of people missing the point, dont realize that its not even a question of whether the driver could see the jaywalker, the car should have sensed it regardless of the fact they were jaywalking, even if there were no lights at all, the car is supposed to have sensors to detect this sort of thing.

So its not the drivers fault, the jaywalker is at fault for their own death but there is also something wrong with the cars if they are unable to sense someone crossing a road like that.

Cars are disgusting and have no place in livable areas.

that's street lamps and possibly AI vision

mexicans on bikes slow around town, and yes, slow is a verb, it is what mexicans do

>In any situation where the driver could have seen the jaywalker, the jaywalker would also have been able to see the driver.
If the jaywalker had been fucking looking at traffic, which she clearly wasn't.

Self driving cars are going to need to intentionally be made to run over anyone who doesn't have right of way, or people will just be running into traffic to force them to stop.

I nearly hit a pedestrian on Monday. Worse, I nearly hit the cunt on a pedestrian crossing.

In Ontario, we can turn right in a red light. 0645 going to work. Pull up at stop, indicating. I check pedestrians left and right, nothing. I check left for oncoming cars, nothing. I check for pedestrians again, nothing. Begin to move around the turn. Out of from behind a mound of earth behind the sidewalk this guy comes absolutely sprinting for the lights. He must have been sprinting in the grass behind the knoll and decided to make it across. I was already halfway across the turn and accelerating. The car column was hiding that side also. Last second I saw a streak of orange recoil and move out of the way. I moved on and was checking the mirror. He continued his sprint across the road - he was a construction worker wearing full luminous gear and I didn't see him.

Point being, even though I have a dual camera dashcam, I would have been fucked regardless because of the inherent stupidity of that idiot. There was no way I would have seen him at any point. The driver of the uber would not have seen this person, let along have time to act (yes I know, lazy Mexicans, etc etc). Driverless cars are proving to be much safer than regular drivers. The utter stupidity of one spastic making a crossing that was inherently unsafe should not upset the entire system.

are you higher than the homeless person in this video?

it clearly gas its headlights on and you can even see the turn signal and break lights in the mirrors illuminate.

get yo vision checked.

>public safety
We know it's you from the other thread. Which car company is paying you to shit on self-driving cars?

Bruce Willis

how do people just not see cars

Just as some Congresswoman proposed building a wall between Cali and Arizona. Like pottery.

it's still better than most human drivers

>That doctored video
Got dam. They really are trying to replace us with ai and disarm us before they do

>Self driving cars are going to need to intentionally be made to run over anyone who doesn't have right of way, or people will just be running into traffic to force them to stop.

This, slamming on the brakes is incredibly dangerous not only to the passengers but to the rest of traffic and even other pedestrians. People need to stop acting like OBEYING BASIC FUCKING LAWS AND NOT BEING RETARDED is an unreasonable demand, and the lives of bottomfeeding barely sentient burnouts are worth something.
Sadly there's still other ways people will fuck with automated cars if they don't brake but I'm not getting into that.

>Uber cars use LIDAR
Should have been able to see her still

something wrong with the cars if they are unable to sense someone crossing a road like that

the issue here is that the car must make a decision between the life of the driver and the life of the pedestrian when the car goes above a certain speed, I suppose 15 MPH or so. Above that, the possibility that NO COURSE OF ACTION WILL SAVE BOTH LIVES becomes a reality.

This is what you are seeing: the car has been programed to save the life of the driver when it is not possible to save both lives.

this is extreme cruelty, this is how capitalism dies, as a rabid dog

a rabid dog, that needs to be put down yesterday

>are you higher than the homeless person in this video?
kek, i think that was nickels, she used to panhandle off the highway in the rich town and we'd throw nickels out the window at her as we passed so she wouldn't have to give as many blowjobs for nickels, and we'd scream out "NICKELS!!!"
rip nickels

There is no laws for automated cars. Driver is 100% at fault.

Uber played this dumb convicted armed robber because they knew this ahead of time. They didn't go look for someone with a clean record, they looked for a criminal to be their "safety driver". So if the car crashed, the bitch would just go to prison and Uber's hands are clean. They even use a camera inside just to show that she was texting while driving. The bitch will be charged with manslaughter, Uber will get away with it. Well played Uber, skirting the legal ramifications and responsibility here.

Also, Mercedes, Tesla and many other cars would have automatically braked. This is also a massive technological failure on the part of Uber, where other cars with no magical "AI" would have braked automatically. I know, because I had a deer jump in front of me and the car automatically stopped before I could even react. Uber failure.

Attached: 1520480939682.gif (286x225, 1.73M)

>Self driving cars are going to need to intentionally be made to run over anyone who doesn't have right of way

this is genocide

why are you promoting genocide

we have laws in place to prevent genocide

preventing genocide is one of the reasons why people put up with laws in the first place

I hope anyone who shills against automated cars loses a loved one to an undocumented uninsured coked out spic or dumb roastie cunt taking a moving selfie

Sorry for being a needy Race traitor but can you just upload the webm in gif format or post all frames of the webm please.
I like the smooth operation of iPhones so give me a break.

Kek

fuck that, genocide is based, as long as it's nonwhites

>>Self driving cars are going to need to intentionally be made to run over anyone who doesn't have right of way, or people will just be running into traffic to force them to stop.
lol great idea

>If the jaywalker had been fucking looking at traffic, which she clearly wasn't.
thats what im saying, if you hit a jaywalker its never your fault unless it can be shown that you intentionally tried to hit them on purpose. By not being in a crosswalk the default assumption is that the driver is not at fault.

can we get a chemical weapons strike in Italy?

Italy is a NATO country, do we have to kick them out before we hit them?

>people will just be running into traffic to force them to stop.

Which is exactly what will happen. Orcs and Goblins will set up simple road blocks, force your car to stop, and jack your shit.

>in major city for concert
>concert over
>leaving
>gps tells me to go way I didn't recognize but ok
>suddenly in shittiest shit town
>stop at red light
>waiting
>look in side mirror
>nigger sneaking up on car
>punch the gas and speed through redlight
>get home
>bullet hole in trunk lid that wasn't there before