What do you think of unrealistic female characters?

I noticed a lot of writers do this in anime/manga and stuff. Do you think it's wrong to depict girls being so much more lovable than they really are? Do you think it's more suited to call these perfect beings Goddesses rather than mere girls?

>What do you think of unrealistic female characters?
You are on Sup Forums. Are you aware of this fact?

Are you talking about girls with NTR bait personalities?

Now, what are you talking about?

if i wanted to experience girls as they really are i would go outside. real girls suck. thats why they are different in fiction.

What do you mean?

>comparing 2D to 3D

Its fiction you dumb DRfag. You out of all people should understand that.

That's how anime girls should be.

Dumb "kind" girls, especially ones that don't know anything about sex, have the highest chance of turning into sluts.

It depends on the anime or manga I'm watching/reading. If I want a lighthearted SoL or comedy I expect completely unrealistic women with little to no resemblance to their 3D counterparts who exist more or less to be as adorable, sexy and desirable as can be. If I'm watching or reading something that's actually good though I expect to see far more realistic characters with no obligations to be cute young and virginal just to sell to otaku and waifufags.

Well, I tend to like or relate to anime girls with more flawed / realistic personalities over the ones that seem to just be designed to be perfect or idealistic. That said, totally unrealistic characters can be fun to watch as well.

But fiction has to represent some real things right in order to be believable. Otherwise, it's like making a car and calling it a fridge and it becomes too dumb for people to believe. Is it really right to glorify girls instead of portraying them realistically?

But they represent real things. I know I probably will get a lot of shit for saying it, but not all the girls out there are selfish backstabing bitches like you imagine them to be.

I wish this wasn't true in reality

Why would you call Kyoko Kirigiri unrealistic? I'm a girl who's pretty much just like her.

LONDON

CLEVELAND?

I don't want to watch annoying cunts as entertainment

What about if those cunts get bullied?

Obviously not, just because the board has an incurable dash of /r9k/ in it doesn't mean the sane among us aren't perfectly aware that there's plenty of good women out there just as there are horrid cunts, and an immeasurable grey area lying between the two. But preferring 2D and keeping 3D off the board doesn't have to have anything to do with bitterness and hatred, just simple understanding that there are many things that exist in 2D like gorgeous 30 year old virgin christmas cakes or femdommy 500 year old loli vampires that you aren't ever going to find in the real world and that feeling fucking sucks, believe me I know all too well. But it's still no reason to take it out on the world and the people in it for being imperfect.

The fact that we're able to write fictional stories about that imperfect world as well as fantasy stories about the bright and shiny anime world is one of the things I cherish most about literary creativity, in the end if it makes for a good story I frankly don't care how the women are portrayed. If they're really cute and have some sexy scenes that give me a boner it's a nice bonus, but I don't want or expect the industry to coddle me with reassurances that there are gorgeous sixteen year old virgin highschool girls with huge tits who will fall in love with me just because I'm nice to them. Rarely does shit like that make for a good story and frankly I'm pretty tired of seeing it.

But still, the way there are so many lovable girls in anime makes me feel like I can find girls just as great in real life too. It raises my hopes up too much.

Would you defend me when everyone else jumps on the bandwagon of judging me as the culprit in a class trial?

This young lad is objectively correct.

Luckily as well, girls who are into anime tend to be a lot better than who're into Kylie Kardashians and jersey shore

Rather that anime I think its just the latter that heavily tends to be worse than those who are into pretty much anything else

I think women into anime are generally terrible people, just less terrible than people into LCD garbage like Celeb gossip and party culture.
Ideal hobbies would fall more along the lines of performance arts, gardening, or literature.

t. neet

Yeah, I can only see myself dating otaku girls. Maybe they learn better from anime or something, I personally learn a lot from anime myself.

Actually an EE. All of the women I'm met into my hobbies are either painfully casual bandwagoners (gamer gurls of sorts), completely immersed in Dumlbr culture (with all of the issues it brings), or mentally ill.

I could understand if you had called him a shut in but literally what did you mean by that

The posers are shit but true gamer girls are the fucking best, probably why they get so many wannabes.

That describes like 90% of all CGDCT though.

well anime is no different than any other media format, it can be silly nonsense like most songs. hollywood actions movies or radio talk shows, or have some intelligence and meaning to help us learn about ourselves for the better

I think neet means not educated employed or trained

It's all to cater towards the taste of otakus (kuudere, tsundere, yandere, along with harem cliches like the maid, the childhood friend) as they are the main market that buy anime. It's why 90% of female characters are one dimensional beings in the anime industry; fetish baits sells, more complex characters generally don't.
In terms of sales, it's better to half-arse characters for guaranteed sales than putting effort into characters.
Welcome to the NHK said it best:
"Real life girls are nothing but trash. That's why its essential that girls in gal games aren't realistic. Their only purpose is to fulfill the player's every desire.They approach you with nothing but kind intentions and then they innocently fall in love with you for no apparent reason. They have no ulterior motives and they won't betray you no matter what. Therefore, it is our sacred duty as gal game creators to design female characters that could not possibly exist in the real world."

They're cute so it's ok

Holy brainlet. Lurk on /lit/ for two more years.

Kirigiri is ugly and boring.

This is why TayTay is best girl

>being toxic and ugly on this virtuous holy board

Lurk moar and don't come back newfaggot

t. Sayaka

It's just 2D's superiority over shitty 3DPD, nothing new there.

>toxic
This somehow sounds like Sup Forums.

Why would we want realism? If I wanted reality I'd watch 3dshit. Anime is better than reality, that's the whole point.

Oh poor OP, which girl hurt (You) in real life?

If you really are innocent, yes.

>If I wanted reality I'd watch 3dshit
Nigga nowadays not even the news are realistic

What about unrealistic male characters?

Sup Forums is indeed toxic, none of them even seem to enjoy anything they play nowadays anyway

This so much. There are just as much shitty guys as there are shitty girls, and just as much good guys as there are good girls.
It's the individual, not the gender.

Realism =\= comparison

There's plenty of women who are into hobbies that aren't those stereotypes you listed. I'm not saying that you should seek out those girls, but there are a few gems in piles of shit.

Some anime archetypes are annoying, though. Just depends on the series and how they handle them.

Sometimes it's vice versa, but that's just my opinion.

It's kind of a problem in media geared both towards males and females. There's definitely an idealism. Look into japanese beauty trends and see just how assimilated the trends are. Everyone basically looks the god damned same with only one standard of beauty both for men and women.

Other asian countries are even worse (south korea, huge into plastic surger).

Everyone reaches for an unobtainable standard of beauty.

I don't have double standards, thank you for assuming so.
(also praise Onii-sama)

Speak for yourself. Manga isn't just kooky adolescent shenanigans, if you look for josei stuff it's usually quite realistic.

Holywood bullshit isn't realistic either though. It's hard to find legit realism outside of a small amount of capital L literature.

>is it wrong to depict ideal objects and people in a fictional world?
um, no? are you a fucking idiot? That's the god damn point of writing fiction. Not being reality. If I wanted reality I'd go outside or read history