Secret S/a/nta

Ha ha it's time for another /ss/ thread. Come discuss progress/ask questions/post ideas/shitpost about Secret S/a/nta.
I'm your host again. Sorry for the weird time on the threads; there was a bit of confusion with regard to when and how frequently threads were going to be made.
As usual, email us or ask in the threads if you have any questions, and we'll try to get back to you ASAP

Finally. People were getting scared.

Sending the email dropping the assignment, I can't cover the 70 USD of the shipping

>still haven't even started making cards
Dammit, me, get your shit together.

I thought I had my gifts all sorted out by now but it turned out I was wrong.

>look up pictures of Sup Forumsnon's daughteru to trace on the card
>end up fapping instead
I'm sorry Sup Forumsnon

And to think I'm panicking at the fact that I'm behind.

Super late, is the SS still open for registration this year?

Think it's worth to post my initials and ask them if they're allergic to something, or keep it a surprise?

Go through santa loli to ask important things like that. Anyone can reply to the thread and be like 'oh yeah, I fucking love peanuts'

11 months early, yadda yadda
no

Three weeks too late m8.

oops

I guess so, huh? I just didn't want to spoil the surprise.

>tfw waiting for SAL

Just ask if they have any allergies. They still don't know exactly what type of food you're making, or if you added lots of love or not.

At least I have all my gifts in hand. I have all my card ideas down I just need to start. Hopefully can bang some out during the Thanksgiving Break.

And wouldn't posting it in the thread also spoil the surprise?

Every year. Some day I'll remember to look out in October.

>Using SAL

Just don't send things with nuts, beestings, or shellfish. If they have allergies they should already know how to behave around homemade foods.

> got one guy who sent me a card last year and one who I sent a card to last year again
> spend good time on the one who sent me a card last year but half-ass the one I sent a card to last year since he posted he didn't like it.

p e t t y

I'm allergic to Gluten and GMO's.

MB from Chile
IC from Chile
Your card designs are finished!

>guy was too hard to shop for
>took too long to order
>fuck it, we're just going to have to go on a spending spree at the local store

Oh well, it's not a rule I have to follow your wishlist anyway.

>I have all my card ideas down I just need to start.
I'm at the same point. It's not like I haven't thought them up, I'm just tired and busy and all my free time goes into shitposting or playing video games.
Oh god I'm so worthless, please forgive me if they're late anons.

CV from CA, your card should be good to go fairly soon. I spent a highly inefficient amount of time on it so I hope you like it!

Are you going to tell user that you hated their homemade stuff because you can't eat it? Or are you just going to say t-thanks and call it a day.

I hope it's not illegal to send shit through the mail or it's going to be shocking when my /ss/ finds my slam dump in his stocking. Maybe not, since after reading his wishlist I can only come to the conclusion that my fickle friend is in a pickle with how bad his taste in anime is. Thankfully, I'm here to rectally rectify the situation by dropping a steaming load of holiday cheer into his postbox posthaste. Inspiration struck me after I was struck by a speeding car while playing on the freeway but thankfully I brushed it off thanks to the copious amounts of acid in my bloodstream. I asked for international and I got local so if he doesn't post his ching chong gift I'll come a ring ronging on Christmas day. By that time I might not have enough neurons left to fire but I'll still remember to jackhammer his front door and especially his back door if you catch my drift. If you don't, well, that's fine too, he can have the crashed 2WD if I oversteer on the S-pin. He didn't ask for the D or Initial but I'm bold enough to give it twofold.

There are 3 waifus in here, I hope my assigns like my cards. Then my desk area and self being covered in paper bits and glue would be worth it.

same,i was so hyped to start working in my cards when i got my assignment.

Who here /listeningtowishlistanimeOSTswhiletheydrawtheircards/?

Initials?

or chillstep lofi with anime girls on it

Did some experimentation with making ramen noodles today. If they stay decent after drying I might end up adding some to my giftee's parcel. Otherwise I guess I'll do boring old cookies like everyone else or something.

Honestly send them an email and ask, when you get people like
dropping out of their assignment they might let you join late if you can fulfil it, I managed to join late in a previous year

I shouldn't really encourage people to try signup late but the thought of anons dropping out and people not getting any presents makes me sad

PH of OH are you alive my dude?

>tfw both my card assignments have been completed and mailed out this weekend
>tfw my SS giftee's card is finished, just waiting for the gifts to start arriving

I like your cabinets and floor

Thank you. I think.

>postage to Chile cost £2.30 for a single standard size card and no extras
I hope it makes it, goddamn.

For a second I thought you were making a Christmas tree out of them.

If you half ass it he definitely won't like it this year

Are bar cookies well-liked or do people prefer the usual round cookies?

I like bar ones.

anything that tastes good

Ordered the gifts. Now to cross my fingers and hope they get here in time.

I saw the op and recognized who it was. I thought you said you were retiring, liiiar.

Just kidding. D-don't leave...

As long as there's "love" in it.

Corner edges.

I tried. I'm really only here to help with matching and fixing errors.
All the emailing/data entry was done by other people this year.

I swear to God, if my cookies aren't fucking tetrahedrons I will throw them out.

any shape is fine, Sup Forumsnon

What kind of hipster tastes did he have?

While I don't like anything my assignment listed, at least they were very easy to shop for.

I got all my stuff sent out they should be arriving soon!

JS from MI I hope you like your gift and your card I'm not really good with ideas but I hope you like it

DL from MN I enjoyed making your card. It was kind of a test but hopefully it makes up for it with laughter.

BC from MA same goes for you~ Your card was really fun and I hope you enjoy it as well

I made sure to add most of the stuff you guys wanted to specifically asked for though I think I missed some stuff. Hopefully though you guys enjoy your stuff!

~K.S user

What 3 waifus?

Also, no initials = grinched yada yada.

Well I guess dropping out is not as bad as straight up grinching. I am of course assuming the organizers remove them as a recipient as well. It's only fair.

Of course in such a case someone like me who has already bought stuff would be sending another user potentially random/unwanted stuff. Already exceeded the bracket not buying stuff all over again.

I intentionally arranged it to hide anything identifiable, so no initials. Maybe next thread I'll post initials without a picture. That way they wont have any hints their card art.

>not specifying national shipping when you applied

Is there a faq or something, I want to get ready for next year

Lay off the eggnog, Cirno.

While I didn't list her I would also accept a Nyaruko. All her expression are great.

>spent more on an anonymous man halfway across the country than on my own family
I didn't mean for this to happen. I "finished" buying his gift like three times.

that happens to me every year

>Spent $235 on Assignment 1 in the $100-$150 bracket
>Finishing shopping for Assignment 2 tonight

Get spoiled, you shits.

Shipping is domestic, so I should be on-track for getting things to their places before Christmas. But fuckkk I'm behind on cards.

Just focusing on one assignment. Spent about $190 for the $75-100 bracket not including shipping of course.

Comparison of the final to the draft! It's My first attempt. I-I hope you like patches user? I might do some too for my card anons too.

>the rich get richer
I'm looking forward to my cards.

I was talking about late signups filling in for drop-outs, not other anons who were already participating. (unless it's the anti-grinch squad)

user, I don't watch anime from the music genre, and 99% of your wish list was that, so I did my best with what I could. I'm sorry if it's not what you wanted. I really did try. So there's loads of little things that maybe quantity makes up for lack of quality. Thankfully it's only poverty tier.

Next year I'll ask Santaloli to try and set me up with a mainstream weeb instead, so you can get the Santa you deserve.

>$100-150 bracket
>Final total, with shipping, will probably be around $160-175

The most valuable thing I'm sending my user is love :3

>the rich get richer
pic related

Oh damn, that's gorgeous

looks great. your assigns are lucky.

Wow, when you said patch I didn't realize you meant a literal patch. I thought you were making something in the style of one. That's really cool.

Spent within the budget for both my assignments, half the gifts have shown up, other half are showing up Soon™. Haven't started the four cards I'm doing, but I have them all planned out.

Not posting initials for anyone, this is Secret Santa after all.

Assignments are getting cookies and locally made snacks in addition to gifts.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be spending like four times the amount I spent on assignments on shipping, but it's worth it to make some anons happy.

I hope I'm your match, I'm sure your love is delicious

>All gifts delivered
>Except for one coming from Japan, which has no package tracking
>Only says it'll arrive November 29 - December 14

I might've screwed myself here.

>Missed it again this year

How do people feel about receiving specific items that were listed on a wishlist, like a specific figurine? On one hand it makes shopping real easy, and you know they'll like it, but I don't want my user to open their present and think, "Ah yes, exactly what I expected" y'know?

Maybe one specific item listed and then some other surprise stuff from the shows listed...

>$100 for 10-25
>$140 for 50-75
>$230 for 150+

if worse comes to worse you could just mail the latecomer in a seperate parcel

Set a calendar notification for next year.

get them a black man dildo theres no way theyll be expecting it

You're gonna have some real happily surprised anons.

>tfw picking up your weeb packages at the local post office
Feels good m8s.

When's the best time to check?
What does the selection process look like?

>gifts already sent to /ss/
>cards will go out this Friday

I love not putting stuff off.

I used to send my cardees chocolates and keyrings and things. I'm glad I didn't have the money to last time because I didn't get any cards and would have been somehow blaming myself that it was karma for being a useless shit the rest of the year. Remember, if you'd be stoked to receive extras with cards, that means any other user would be too. If you like someone's wishlist a lot maybe send them something nice and see if it turns up in threads.

>captcha: 4000 Extra
Not this many extras though. That would be too many.

damn, did you end up getting them something way more expensive than they asked for or a whole bunch of different things on their lists?

Help me out. how do I into shipping?

Can I just bring the wrapped gifts to a ups or usps and have them pack everything? Does that cost extra? If I get my own box and pack it myself do I need to print out labels and shit or can I do that at the shipping place?

September/Early October. You are black listed to the lower priced tiers if it's your first year. The year after you can join the higher priced tiers. You email the Santas when signups open, fill out your wishlist, and that's it. Afterwards the Santas email you your assignments, and you buy gifts, wrap them, and send them out to other anons.

Do remember, that this is Sup Forums and not Sup Forums or reddit, you're expected to not be a complete faggot.

I'd send it if I could, but the other half of my gift isn't here and neither is the stuff for my cards.

I added extra stuff to my card assignments. Really jacked up the shipping costs but whatever

Teach me, senpai. I haven't even started on my cards yet.

>tfw waiting for your gifts
>tfw you dont send any of your own even though you have money because its too much work

What country are you in?

BB from MA

NG from CA

Your gifts are here and wrapped, I just have to finish up your cards and bake some goodies then I'll send them out.

You can either bring things to a UPS/FedEx/Whatever (but not USPS), buy a box there and pack everything up, or you can buy a box and do it yourself.

If going to USPS you need to have the address on the box and ready to go, they're useless when it comes to packing or helping you, they just take the package and send it off. I recommend printing the address in large text directly as it's written in the email you got and taping it to the box with clear tape. Completely cover all the paper with tape to prevent damage to the shipping label.

In my experience, USPS is the cheapest, but often slower and not as careful with the packages (I use them anyway because I pack well). UPS and FexEx are faster, but more expensive.

All you have to do is schedule a day of the week to work on them and stick to it is all.

Ok RT from BC I got you covered.
Also finishing cards for you and JS of MA.

Post offices often have their own presized boxes you can buy, they'll indicate where the address info needs to be written. Shipping labels and stuff are done when you hand the parcel over to be delivered, they'll measure and weigh it to determine the cost.