Hearing

Seeing.

Why is this is so fucking blurry?

It's trying to guide your eye.

How would your life change if you were deaf-mute, user?

I would kill myself.

Everyone says shit like this when they're not in that position, but hardly anyone in that position actually ever kills themselves, at least no more than people who aren't deaf.

The lack of perspective people have about this kind of thing is incredibly pathetic.

I'd definitely miss listening to music but otherwise I don't think it'd be that terrible. Way better than being blind I imagine.

what if deaf, mute, blind and amputated

I wouldn't even miss my voice all that much. Sure, I love talking, and I talk a lot, but given the indisputable fact that I can no longer use my mouth for communication, I don't think I'd have much trouble adapting.

There's a difference between being born that way and becoming that way. I know what it's like to hear, I don't think life is worthwhile without that.

Vegetables don't kill themselves.

That's called late-deafness, and it's not that uncommon. And again, suicide rates among those people aren't much higher than national averages.

Everyone thinks they'll kill themselves when something bad and permanent happens to them, but it rarely actually works out that way. You go through all the stages of grief and feel suicidal, but you make it through and eventually find meaning and purpose again.

better turn down the volume on your music and start wearing ear plugs to concerts, because old people who never took care of their hearing are deaf as fuck.

Standard Kyoani shit along with chromatic aberration.

Deafmutes are born deaf, so why would they care? Going deaf later in life doesn't take away the fact that you learned how to talk at some point. There's also a lot of medical treatments that can partially or totally cure deafness caused by just about every kind of ear defect possible.

I knew a friend who was born deaf but it didn't stop him from joining a gang, getting tattoos, drinking and smoking weed. He was bullied early in his life though but joining a gang, he changed.

SLUT

A lot of bullied kids fall into those groups. They think, "Look, I'm finally hanging out with cool people" without realizing that those groups will accept literally anybody who has money or drugs. Gangbangers love corrupting innocent kids into thieving scumbags.

>There's also a lot of medical treatments that can partially or totally cure deafness caused by just about every kind of ear defect possible.
You're referring to cochlear implants, and while the technology is amazing, it sounds like total ass compared to normal hearing and isn't a "cure".

>implying I go to concerts

Most of them just need a professional ear cleaning. There are people who go their whole lives without an ear cleaning and wonder why they can't hear anymore.

Just watched this last night.
Black haired girl and white haired guy a SHIT!

>Most of them just need a professional ear cleaning.
No, that's not the case. I have a family member who works closely with an audiologist, and 90% of their clientele are old people with demonstrably damaged hearing unrelated to wax buildup. Wax is obviously factored in when they see the ENT for a referral.

This flick wad pretty bad desu. Kino no Na wa was much better.

The only good thing to come out of that shitty movie.

I only have single-sided deafness, meaning I can't hear anything from one ear. Not really that bad except I can't hear conversation very well, have trouble localizing where sounds come from and if I wear headphone, the sound must be changed from stereo to mono.
Minor inconvenience at most, can't even imagine being 100% deaf.

Eh, I'm watching anime with subs anyway.

As a drummer I'd probably an hero

As a drummer, you're well on your way there already.

Can't listen to glorious animu OST anymore, so I would be pretty depressed, but I guess I am depressed already, so nothing would have changed in the end.
Naoka is fine and she is doing her best, fuck Miki though.

As long as i'm not blind it's all ok, being blind is what really sucks.

U E N O D I D N O T H I N G W R O N G

There's pretty good evidence that being deaf is worse than being blind, and people who are both tend to think deafness is worse.

Being blind cuts you off from the world, but being deaf cuts you off from people.

Idk maybe if it's from birth but for me atleast, becoming blind would fucking wreck me up. Goodbye engineering studies, goodbye shooting hunting, goodbye riding a bike, goodbye driving a car or a go-kart, good fucking bye.

>being cut off from people is somehow a bad thing

>MC IS NOT ALLOWED TO LIKE DEAF GIRL
>MC IS ONLY ALLOWED TO LIKE ME BECAUSE I SAY SO

Great character.

Sauce?

It's theres a request board you dumb nigger

Wouldn't it be a waste to make a whole new thread over there when i could just get the answer here from the original poster?

>that piano piece perfectly synced to Ishida's attention span during this scene
Absolutely aesthetic

It's from original manga, my guess is that some user made an edit.

I'd become a writer, and also let DARPA know that I'm willing to sell my soul to them if they let me become a cyborg.

I'm sorry to say this user but not the devil nor even the government want's your soul.

Best legs.

I would probably become better at saxophone but lose all enjoyment of it

>medical treatments that can partially or totally cure deafness
There are none.

that's called spherical aberration
the effect was of the extent seen in the OP pic many years ago in real movies, when good quality cine lenses didn't exist yet
it's an optical property of lenses anyway, even your phone camera has that

remember to use earplugs guys, they're pretty cheap, and they're very much worth it seeing how tinnitus is annoying
>t. ueno

I'd probably miss music like everybody else would, but guess I could live with it. Blindness however would kill me because drawing and painting are the only things that I've been genuinely good at.

If i was deaf/mute i would have a reason to feel bad about myself and an excuse to be shit at interacting with people, i could manage. If i suddenly become blind i would kill myself, no questions asked.

MC was clueless though, he still is to this day, Naoka was acting they way she did because she saw a rival in Shoko, and she was right in the end too, so it's more like this:
>DEAF GIRL IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE WITH MC
But still, there is way more than just this to her character.

Not me, I can only really handle losing my legs or at least one arm or eye.

It's easy to say that now that it's never happened to you. You really have no idea what you would actually feel like in that situation.

Who /deaf/ here? Watching anime isn't as enjoyable as before, but thanks to subtitles I'll manage anyhow

>Naoka is fine and she is doing her best, fuck Miki though.

were you not always deaf? if so what happened?

Are you a cute anime girl?

There was that one deaf user hanging around KnK threads, always posting the same images and telling the stories of how lonely can deaf people get, he admired Shoko a lot, didn't saw him in a while though.
Come to think of it, he was saying something about commiting suicide like a month ago or so, well, perhaps that's why he is not around anymore, rest in piece, bastard, see you on the other side.

Kawai is a bitch who can't take any sort of responsibility.

There's an anime now?

You can be mad at her all you want, but Ueno is good, not necessarily as a person, but as a character. She is strong and smart, she is straight and honest, she always take action and act like she feels. More importantly, unlike Miki — she did struggle, and she tried to change and fix things, also she received barrage of holy slaps of retribution. Meanwhile Miki is the same dumb bitch she was back in elementary school, only now she is thirsty for cocks.
A movie, where the fuck have you been?

Yeah movie came out last year. Kinda got buried beneath Your Name though. Good movie. Obviously manga does a better job, but the movie ends on a good note. Visuals and sound are fantastic, voice acting is great.

>dub

Ya'll fuckers hate dubs, but the English dub is fantastic. They got a deaf girl to play Shoko, and she did a great job.

would give countless headpats. Shoko is precious and must be protected

This, the deaf mute that use to live down the street was mentally retarded and would smear shit on people's houses

Mom went partially deaf when her bones in her ear fused. She only gained hearing back after having surgery like 7 year ago. she's rapidly losing her hearing again since she's gotten older.

Let me be honest here

I would hatefuck Ueno so hard she'd be unable to walk for weeks and bond with shoko for being both cripples

I would put my dry dick in her dry butthole and pound till she shits on my dick and slap her silly with my poopy dick

>ea

This, I want to protect her smile.

I guess I give it a bump.

>tfw no deaf gf

Does there exist a rip of this movie with the inner silence audio track?