Fate/Apocrypha

What went so wrong?

Sieg went wrong.
Did they really have to put a bland self insert in there? They never want to make a normal grail war do they?

>shit source material
>adapted by shit studio

It was dead on arrival.

Jaunne, Sieg, and awful fanservice

Aniplex didn't give a fuck about it and put their money into HF and Last Encore. That and it is shit in general

>Aniplex didn't give a fuck about it and put their money into HF and Last Encore
I don't see anything wrong with that. Apoc got what it deserved.

My point exactly. They even said the only reason why Apoc happened was because of F/GO success. It was cash grab series.

>What went so wrong?
They fucked up with Astolfo's nude scene. That is not how Astolfo's body supposed to look like.

I don't think it has anything to do with money. It's mostly shit-tier storyboarding.

A detailed figure of Astolfo nailed the curves. The one who drew it must be hater.

>make an ensemble cast for a holy grail war in a fresh location
>eggplant man demands an MC
>we get a perfect character who is never wrong
>whose role in the story is obviously mostly a series of grafts from other characters whose characterizations subsequently suffer simply due to sieg's presence in the story
Within two episodes reality itself seems to warp to keep Mordred from finishing off Astolfo and putting Sieg down.
Gordes correctly recognized that Sieg was a blight and rightly wanted to get him out of the way and move on with a proper grail war. Gordes was the hero we needed.

The story is bland if you compare it to Fate/Stay night, anyway most of the anime are shit if you compare it to the visual novel.

Stay Night was hot garbage. Stop making it seem like it was some kind of masterpiece when it isn't.

Never watched this garbage but how bad could it really be?Fate/Zero was already bottom of the barrel pseudo-intellectual garbage with horrible one dimensional characters while UBW had about the same quality as a random hentai.
If those series were a 2/10 i doubt this can be much worse.

This Shit tier storyboarding and shit tier scenario. Terrible artistic choices too.
Why start the anime with a generic looking battle scene? You should only do this if the scene is particularly striking, with good choregraphy, composition, and storyboarding. You can't just throw money into the animation, that won't make it look good. The purpose of a flashforward is to make people anticipate the best parts of a show. If that "best part" looks like shit, then don't show it. Hell, you better remake the whole thing from scratch.
It's not like you have to make a flashforward to make an impression. Just compare the first sequence of F/Z with the first sequence of Apocrypha. There is no fight, you don't really understand what's going on, but the atmosphere is striking all the same and the show gives you a positive impression from the start. But if you do a flashforward then do it right, like the first scene of Gurren Lagann. The first scene of Naruto Shippuden is decent too.
tl;dr From the first 5 minutes alone I knew it would be shit.

It never really went wrong.
It was the same quality as it was at the start.

T. Secondary retard

Nothing? After the absolute dog shit that was the UBW series, F/A is slowly restoring my faith in the Fate franchise. I expect that faith to be destroyed by the Heaven's Feel movies though.

Geez how much oh jaded faggot do you have to be to talk like this.

Fuck off. I played the VN because you insisted on it being a "greater" experience when it wasn't.

Who we can blame for apocrypha? Nasu? kadokawa?

>Sieg went wrong.
Sumanai...

Not an argument.

If no secondary ever praised it it means it's shit. The VN might be cool who knows (though I doubt it) but as far as the anime goes then it's objectively hot garbage and rose tinted goggles prevent you from seeing that.

Higashide. The one who actually wrote it.

I really don't get all the hate this gets on Sup Forums. I must be one of few people that actually enjoys this. Sure it has its flaws but so does every other series.

Good for you. Personally watching this gave me physical pain. Dropped it at the 6th episode.

>Sieg.
>Too many characters to actually develop.
>Doesn't even attempt to develop most of them.
>Mediocre animation in fight scenes.
>Sieg twist was spoiled in ep 1.
>Scenes wasted on Servants destroying waves of skeletons/homunculus./golems (this ones actually huge desu, Fate is supposed to be about heroes fighting heroes don't waste time on this musuou-like garbage)
>SIEG.
>Astolfo is actually kind of annoying.
>The masters hardly ever do anything.
>S I E G

Fuck off Fai

>I really don't get all the hate this gets on Sup Forums
Because 50% have read the VN and believe its a masterpiece and nothing else Fate related can even compare to its "deep" & "philosophical" writing.
40% believe Fate/Zero is the best and the rest of Fate is chunni/harem garbage that isn't as "mature" as Zero was.
8% believe all of Fate is garbage.
Only 2% enjoy Apo for what it is.

>What went so wrong?
Not sticking to the Grail War shenanigans, granted they didn't have a lot to go on to make a good script but still. Sieg and Jeanne's relationship feels forced and rather retarded. Jeanne being the biggest offender because her excuse for her behavior is the host body. Sieg being a homonculus , not having any experience in feelings or human like shit at least makes sense. Why on earth they should be a couple is beyond me. I watch this show because i like Mordred and the Necromancer. Not saying Mordred's character is well written either but when she shows up this show becomes a little more bearable.

The best part was when Darnic went full madman.

The main issue I have with Apo is the forced romance between Sieg & Jeanne. Its not necessary and it deters from the plot. Sieg also has the mindset of a child so its pretty off putting as well.

What went wrong? Take your pick:
>Uninteresting homunculus protagonist with a liberation theme that is very boring.
>"Main villains" in Vlad and his master are defeated half-way through the show and suddenly Shiro is the evil one???
>Shiro bland antagonist and the discussion about his ideals is garbage
>Too many characters introduced so you stop caring. 14v14 is far worse screentime wise than the regular 7 servants and their 7 masters.
>Ruler love-plot, zzz
>Loli jack the ripper? What were they even thinking?
>It's a boy btw.

Well, fate series has always had Shit MCs to be fair, F / SN was not "decent" thanks to shirou.

Agreed, Just if you cut out all the romance Apo goes from meh to i would probably recommend it if you have time, on a weekend with nothing else going on.

Fanart does a better job in making Astolfo's gender an enigma. Just like it's supposed to be.

So you think ShirouXArturia was necessary?

Am secondary and I enjoyed more 1 scene of the VN than the whole UBW anime. Granted that was probably one of the best scenes, and some of the bullshit Shirou thinks could be omitted with nothing of value lost, so the overall quality of VN UBW would be less. Anyway anime UBW (around a 5.5)

No. Personally I feel the only romance that truly matters is Sakura x Shirou in Heaven's Feel.

>They never want to make a normal grail war do they?
Can you even elaborate what is normal Grail war user? Cause all the HGW have their own anomalies, don't expect that the storyline of this series would follow the premises since it never happened.

>forced romance between Sieg & Jeanne
Just ignore Jeanne.

There are only like 5 likeable characters and they either die or get no focus. Also it's fucking stupid.

Post your full playthrough or get the fuck out and go back to where you came from.

>normal Grail war
I'd guess something like the fat fuck was talking about: noble team on team battle

Who? Is that a mal shitter or something?

No one tapped the trap ass. Pregnant astolfo wod have saved the show.

I said, your full playthrough, not your playtime, phoneposter.

>“The Ultimate Woman Is a Man”
>- House, M.D.

When are you and your /fgog/ friends going to stop shitting Sup Forums with their endless, repetitive cross board shitposting, delusional /fgog/tard?

Is garbage of quality, the there have more development and the relations between they are more complex
anyway i'll still enjoy Apocrypha

Sieg shouldn't exist and Necromancer guy should've been MC.

And Dracula's noble phantasm should have been the final boss.

Higashide is a hack and can't write for shit.

>all that stuff about Jeanne being a pious virgin, mercilessly beating hookers, having an austere diet/lifestyle, and being a snarky moralfag was just an act to fool God
>she's really a bimbo cock-hungry slut
Stay classy, Japan.

Are you perhaps autistic?

Are you Blind?

By virtue of his MIRACULOUS BIRTH™, the Gary Stu escapes a cruel fate. Immediately after which, one of Charlemagne’s knights (retconned pander to a fetish niche) falls in love with him at first sight and immediately violates his duties/ Christian ban on sodomy to help him escape from the EVIL SORCEROR'S WICKED CASTLE OF BADNESSNESS™. After THAT yet ANOTHER knight not only disregards his duties but literally RIPS OUT HIS FUCKING HEART AND KILLS HIMSELF to give to the poor noble MC so he can obtain TEH MAGIC POWARZ OF DESTINY™. And immediately after THAT, ''''''''''''''by chance'''''''''' (lololoexdee) A FUCKING VIRGIN SAINT (who incidentally has NOTHING in common with the saint she's allegedly based on so she can better fit into her pandering niche) happens to walk by and completely disregards not only the fact that she's supposed to be neutral, but also her fucking FAITH, and 'falls in love with him at first sight'™. And she just happens to be possessing the body of yet ANOTHER 10/10 bimbo girl (who’s totally a pious Christian obviously) who, of course, ALSO 'falls in love with him at first sight'™.

So that within 2 days of BEING FUCKING BORN - he has magical dragon-god powers and two hot magic chicks and another hot magical chick (male) lusting after his dick.

This is literally Wesley Crusher - the anime character.

>kill most interesting servant at part1
>leave blandest one alive

yeah its no brainer.

Sieg and Jeanne romance is forced and stupid even more than it was in novels. The overall production quality of the show isn't good either.

Jeanne got the hots for traps.

not enough Mordred

What does Raildexfags shitposting has to do with all this though?

I assume he's talking about a HGW without any anomaly. A straight honest to god brawl between servants and their masters so it'd have to be before the grail was corrupted or a alternate timeline.

I don't get its point. I have no idea who the Yggdemillenia or whatever are exactly. Is this an alternate universe? The only good thing in it is best girl(male) Astolfo.

>historical Jeanne was literally femTouma
>Higashide gives us generic boku-no-big-tits-blushing-moeblob-yamete-senpai #2578325

They already had three Greek servants, they needed to add in more and then focus on them.
Chiron, Atalantae and Achilles would be a fine start, swap four of the servants out to make 7 Greek heroes and then have them fight it out against 7 other heroes from another set of myths.

No-one actually gives a fuck about the masters in any non-FSN Fate/work. FSF for example is just everyone wanting to see more of Alcides and Gilgamesh fight it out or Pale Rider/Watcher's backstory.
The few fucks given to masters are generally either because they're referenced in other works like Flat or Prelati.

As someone who's never played the VN what stood out most to me was
>Vlad is super hyped up by killing 50 magi at once and later a whole army of skeletons with a whole field of spikes, then again with his "concept of being impaled" thing, but then never does either ever again and just spams stakes that never hit, till he goes into the gardens as gets even more nerfed.
>Vlad gets hyped again with turning into Dracula, spends a few minutes not even scratching a servant then dies pathetically to Shirou.
>Sieg should have stayed dead when Mordred kills him. He could have had a nice little arc where Jannu and Asto keep telling him he'll be free if he goes to live a safe, long life like they tell him too, but he becomes free for real when he gives his life to protect Asto because it's what HE wanted to do instead of what someone else wanted him to do.
>0 payoff from Jack realizing that Mordred's a woman, and she wastes a ton of screentime with her London shit just to give Sieg a few minutes of angst.
>Jannu romance
>Like Astolfo as a character, but hate the trap BS they saddled him with. His generic sadist master was also awful.
>Sisigou and Mordred spend most of the series off-screen despite being some of the most interesting characters.
>Spend a ton of resources creating a bunch of homunculi to take advantage of their high quality mana circuits, but then send the majority of them out with mundane melee weapons to die like fodder instead of casting spells or powering your servants.
>Caster's golem is foreshadowed and hyped all series, flails around for an episode, then dies to beam spam.
It just seems to me like a lot of wasted screentime and blown opportunities, which is a shame because I actually like the better scenes and characters a lot.

I quite enjoyed Ayakashibito. How could Higashide fuck up that bad with Apo?

>/fgog/ ruining Fate/related topics in Sup Forums
This is nothing new in Sup Forums, user

>recap episode
What the fuck is this shit

>tfw i commited bandwidth to downloading this show so I could participate in a conversation on a chinese image sharing board when i could've been downloading prillya doujins instead but it's just been /fgog/tards and astolfofags

We don't need more autistic cats being popular in this franchise.

>generic boku-no-big-tits-blushing-moeblob-yamete-senpai #2578325

Fucking this. The show could've been even mildly entertaining if you couldn't replace Jeanne with LITERALLY ANY ONEE-SAN EVER outside of her fight scenes.
The MOBAGE sticks to what her character should be more.
THE FUCKING MOBAGE.

>2 cours
>slowest paced-anime this year
>throw in a recap episode before the climax

Lines up with the rest of its production desu.

Is this post in English?

Says a Nasu fanboy, of all people.

Astolfo and Sieg double penetrating Jeanne sounds kinda fun. Astolfo ass fucking Sieg while Sieg fucks Jeanne and both Astolfo & Jeanne have vibrating dildos up their asses.

this reeks of /fgog/tard poster

A-1 ran out of money.
Fuck this show.

At least they did the recap before the final fight instead of during like in Berserk.

>Newtype – December 2017 Character Ranking

>Male Ranking
1 Archer (Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel)
2 Shirou Emiya (Fate/Stay Night: Heaven’s Feel)
3 Kirito (Sword Art Online)
4 Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
5 Gilgamesh (Fate/Stay Night: Heaven’s Feel)
6 Sieg (Fate/Apocrypha)
7 Char Aznable (Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin)
8 Kiriyama Rei (Sangatsu no Lion)
9 Araragi Koyomi (Owarimonogatari)
10. Rider of black (Fate/Apocrypha)

>Female Ranking
1 Sakura Matou (Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel)
2 Saber (Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel)
3 Jeanne d’Arc (Fate/Apocrypha)
4 Serval (Kemono Friends)
5 Rem (Re:Zero)
6. Kinomoto Sakura (Cardcaptor Sakura)
7. Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai )
8. Illyasviel von Einzbern (Fate/stay night: Heaven’s Feel)
9. Sheryl Nome (Macross F)
10. Jabami Yumeko (Kakegurui)

These Raildex pics were posted by /fgog/tards in the Apo topics from last week

>Sakurafags still take a memetop with top billing being 200 votes seriously

Are you an esper or what?

>10 seconds of screentime
>No lines
>Still ranked #5, and higher than F/A's MC.
Truly the King of Heroes.

Gil should tame Mordred and make her his minion or even his concubine.

Why Sheryl is there? I thought people don't care about Frontier anymore.

Are you paranoid? Surely it makes more sense to think this was posted here for the F/A characters.

Isn't "the Grail" a metaphysical incarnation of curses, hatred, and selfish prayer?
I mean, how do you corrupt something that is an aspect of Hellfire to begin with?

Also, you make Apocrypha better by not acknowledging Gary stu as emcee. This is a tragedy of Amakusa Shiro daringly seeking to harness the raw power of darkness to twist it towards a noble end.

Another note: you guys talk about forced romance between Jeanne and Sieg. I'm a couple episodes back, but do they ever make it explicit?

By ep 2 or 3 of season two, it looks like the kid is in a particularly pity-tinted section of the friendzone. I know it would violate industry standard, but I'd appreciate an oblivious Jeanne throughout.

>Rinfags still being this salty

I don't like the grins on their faces. Getting those two together spells trouble.

Secondary. The grail was functional before it got fucked up in the 3rd HGW of the F/Z and F/SN timeline.

The grail is still okay in the Apo timeline

Dunno, but this cute and evil cat is the only thing that went right.

Why is the Romanian faction so much more interesting than the British faction?

The anime(s) is better, kiddo.
Only retards would sit through reading a VN.

Mordred and his master are the most overestimated characters of the series. Both are generic/stereotypical/cliché shounen characters that are found in practically every shounen anime and manga. Both are characters with poor/bad/lazy writing and they have obtained zero character development. Everything they do is say a few generic lines of cliché shounen during episodes, and that's it. Meh.

Unfortunately, there are some people who think everything these two generic characters do is omething really amazing!

>Both are generic/stereotypical/cliché shounen characters that are found in practically every shounen anime and manga.
Stop looking at superficial stuff. It does not matter how they act. Generic or not, the important thing is their back story and character development.

They're still far better than most of the other Master/Servant pairs. All the other red masters are literally comatose as characters, and the Black masters range from being just as generic to being complete one-note cliches.

Because the British never got screentime.
-Oh, they exist.
-Oh, they're working with the church.
-Oh, they're all dead.

Necromancer guy was rogue from the start, so he doesn't even count.

Also, I think the Kaabalists' individual personalities were specifically tailored for the bait and switch. The only rounded one was Berserker's guy, and that's a stretch...

When you're voiced by the best in the industry you can make anyone likeable