Overlord:

Imagine if the story is told from the POV of a random NW adventurer, like a standard fantasy, would it still be as interesting?

>the story is told from the POV of a random NW adventurer
>single chapter

>what are lizards, workers, neia
Mobage when? I want fire emblem like game with more focus on army battles.

Remove all Nazarick pov parts from the story, what will happen?
>Ainz is a powerful villain that pulls the strings behind the scenes and the moment he reveals his true nature he strikes a unimaginable blow to the heroes. Jercniv part reveals that he is also incredibly smart and cunning.
>It's subtly revealed to the reader that the vampire Honypenko and Jaldabaoth are Ainz's servants
>Momon is mysterious hero and an ally of the main characters
>Sebas true identity is also a mystery
>Momon learns the name of Ainz Ooal Gown from Enri
What also could be added?

> like a standard fantasy,
Then it will only be as interesting and stale as any other standard fantasy. It would need a relatively fresh selling point to make it interesting for Sup Forums.

This. As a 4x and GS fag, a WN or LN to stroke my strategy boner would be incredible. Like a moe loli-Napoleon or chainmail-bikini Olga of Kiev.

Where is that force-memeing Climbfag? He's late for his usual shitpost. How are we supposed to level up our e-peens without hilariously autistic tards like him to look down on?

>The main character is Climb
>He almost lost his life in the disturbance of the capital fighting an incredibly strong demon
>The girls he saved was killed at the end
>A few handful people he knew either died or MIA
>In the battle at the plain, his mentor was also killed by the big bad villain while said villain didn't even notice him
>It was hinted to the reader that the hime he adored so much was manipulated by the dark side
>It was all but implied untold tragedies were awaiting him
Seriously, it could well be a Berserk-tier tragedy if the POV is changed.

>Renner will steal Touch Me's armor for Climb
She's actually a good person.

Can he even wears that armor?

>What also could be added?
Romcom and Drama

Once she learns you need to be World Champion to wear it she will organize the World Tournament.
Climb will win and aquire WChamp class.

>It would need a relatively fresh selling point to make it interesting for Sup Forums.
Just focus on more lewd scenes like Goblin slayer. The farm is an excellence idea. A bit more graphic and Sup Forums will love it.

I'm pretty sure the World Champion title must be endowed by the admin.

In Yggdrasil. In NW it should be automatic.

Nah, the theme then will be vengeance. The random adventurer who escape death with the price of his comrades' life will make the revenge on the dark lord his mission for life.

I just finished Vol. 2.
Do we get to see others POV? In the trailer for S2 it seems like there are characters who get their own chapters?

[Citation needed]

>being this dumb

Keep on reading, you will read about reptiles and puppy's POV.

That was a nice and cute fanfic part with Nazarick arriving later felt a little unecessary i think, but still

>headcanon fag calling people dumb

>headcanon fag
I said "it should be" not "it is", retard.
It's a speculation not a headcanon. Besides how would half of the WCI work in NW if there are no admins.

>how would half of the WCI work in NW if there are no admins.
How do you know there is no admin here?

Because it's not a game anymore.
Unless you count the God (Allah, Yahwe etc.) as an admin in real life.

Why is it so hard to dislike characters that express innocent crushes (EE) and sincere admiration (Neia)? On one hand, if they're not killed off, Overlord as an IP would be worse off in terms of its 'uniqueness' and people would see it as devolving to your standard shounen.

They're supposed to be just fictional characters created for the sake of entertainment and discarded when they've served their plot purposes. So why does seeing things like honest admiration or innocent love being crushed in a fictional setting make me dread it? This is different from regular shounen, Deaths of dere archetypes should be good- great even. But if that was so...

Why does it hurt, Sup Forums?

Don't worry user, we're all going to cry together when the inevitable world of hurt arrives at our monitors

Death Knight is still the best.

Vol. 12 would have been a shock seeing Ainz acting like a humble man after SPLAT

He is also plays a kind man in front of Enri and that Alchemist boy.
And don't forget about his peaceful rule of the E-Rantel, also the matter of adventurers. Though in this case where would be the undertones and hints of some grand manipulation.
In this case Ainz will be more of an ambitious character, the role of the true villain goes to Jaldabaoth. And Jaldabaoth truth will not be revealed to the reader if we ignore lizards pov.

Can Ainz heal his servants by "poking" them?(forgot the name) that would be OP.

It's pretty fucking OP for lv 35, imagine a lv100 DK pops up in the NW.
Undead nation arc when.

i think overlord would be more interesting if, after this many volumes, there was some kind of legitimate conflict

Definitely will be near the end, maybe even a few. But i don't see any conflict like that Shalltear incident in the near future.

>a lv100 DK
That's Ainz.

>conflict
According to Maruyama, Overlord is but a mere prologue, the real story is the sequel.
>After Ainz conquers the NW, Touch Me and his comrades will find out the secret lab imprisoning Satoru and many other players for inhuman experiments
>Rescue them and wake Satoru up from his endless dream
>Fight the all powerful government that possesses alien technologies

>they succeed
>Satoru is already not Satoru, but Ainz with skills to plan 10 000 years ahead
>Would Ainz be able to conquer world without magic and subordinates?

Is volume 9 the de facto best volume ?

I believe volume 10 is better.

Then you wake up and notice these were all just your fantasies running wild caused by waiting too long for the volume release

Heretics. True believers knows that every single one of the books were great.

>climb intensifies

>implying
Ainz could be in digital universe they created and somehow hacks it and can then manifest himself into the real world through nano machines.

>After being rescued, Ainz realizes he has received too many torments and experiments that his body can no longer function normally
>Seeing Touch Me and Ulbert become close buddies, feel utterly jealous
>A crimson egg comes to his hand, allows him to sacrifice his whole guild to obtain godly power
>Proceeds to rape Ulbert
>Touch Me somehow survives and becomes an one-arm avenger

>one-arm avenger
Was Satoru one also?

I am waiting for a reminder.
I don't even have that first pic.

9 > 6 > 8 > 3 > 7 > 10 > 11 > 2 > 5 > 12 > 4 > 1

Fuck off with your necro bumping, newfag.

>Thread about a series starting a skeletal necromancer
>Anti-necro anything
Kill LA kill yourself

When are we getting more Carne village. I will even endure that Nfirea faggot.

Maybe 2-3 vol, before or after albedo gets her vol.

>Albedo vol
>Everything goes down the drain
Sazuga Worst Girl, will we get another Drama CD where she masturbates?

December soon™

Reminder

I hope it's early December

Her vol will be interesting atleast unlike the snoozefest of vol 12.

>is told from the POV of a random NW adventure
What is Vol 7?

Anyone knows what volume/chapter it was when Enri summoned the goblin army? I feel like rereading it. Any chance it gets animated in season 2? If they create the right setting for it, it would be really breathtaking and has a lot of potential imo.

Vol 9 3rd part.

Reminder.

We have random parts, chapters and the whole volumes from outsiders point of view. You can try to edit/read it excluding Ainz and others POV and see for yourself.

>snooze fest
What would Albedo's diary look like if it got turned into a volume?

It would put all the known fanfictions to shame.

It's not the whole story.

>fanfictions
Actually, all parts about Albedo are probably the magnification of Editor-chan's fantasies about her relationship with Maruyama.

it already is half the time

lizards, kingdom folk, jircniv, workers, carne village folk, neia, etc.

>I want a whole story where the MC is a background character and not an isekai character
Read Sono Mono no chi ni

>Sono Mono no chi ni
How about an isekai MC without any cheat or power, sent to the NW while equipped with nothing but his wit?

So, 9~ days from now, vol.13 will be up for sales ?

Hard to write.

9 days from now we'll get release date.
Or not.

>user gets transported in NW without any cheat or power
>Has to rely on his user wit
Surviving as a lowly serf would be achievement then.

We can all dream, m8.

Actually, it rather easy for an user to success in isekai, as long as he is twisted enough
>Come to a beer hall, sperg about how unfair the nobles are treating peasants
>Get the mob angry, direct their hatred to the ruling class
>Tell them how shitty their life is and the cause is their outdated monarchy
>Tell them you alone can fix it all
>Start a rebellion to kill all nobles and the royalty
>Seize the power for yourself
Profit.

So brain, lizard, Workers, Holy knights

Read how a realist saved the kingdom

>just got to SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT
>SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT

Fucking FINALLY bone daddy doing something himself and enjoying himself.

>What also could be added?
>the powerful anti-emotion race trait of undead triggers so fucking hard it causes a personality split of Momonga's human self and his new identity as Ainz Ooal Gown
>Ainz recognizing that his weaker half has broken off goes full Momento and instructs the guardians that from time to time he will adopt a new persona as the hero Momon of Darkness
>the guardians are forbidden to contact Momon and must act as if he is a complete stranger human adventurer during the times he knows Momon will take over
>Momon literally leads a 2nd life as a powerful adventurer not knowing of his Ainz counter part due to a self activating illusion spell that makes him appear and feel like a human unless turned off with the proper password
>finale is Momon finally 'defeating' all the guardians of Nazerick and Ainz, only for it to be Pandora's actor that encircles him with mirrors and speaks the password
>Ainz successfully merges his human psych back in and becomes the OVERLORD with the duality perspective of a Supreme being and a Human fighting against evil

Ascendance of a Bookworm

As someone who read the LN in japanese I have no idea what scene SPLAT refers to.

It's killing me user, enlighten me.

>applause, then.

Do you want to use a life line?

It's that part user, you should be quite familiar with that part.

I'll use a life line, Chris.

Wait nevermind.
It's Ainz breaking a world record, right?

>A country went to war on a dare
>Their enemy came right there
>They drew a line in the sand
>Bone daddy raised up his hand
>Now we can count sheep, and clap along with Mare

Nigger I am going to flat out say it if you do not get it after that

I had already figured it out user, don't worry.

Well in the english translation part of that scene was about 67 SPLATS repeated over and over to get the point across that humans were popping like meat filled balloons.

I think it could be interesting following one person as they develop and hone their abilities on a smaller scale and steadily work their way up.

I love Overlord but one thing about Isekai in general that I always feel a bit disappointed about is that the protagonist always either starts off obscenely powerful or has an ability that allows him to become obscenely powerful very, very quickly.
I like following the protagonist's journey from weak low-tier beginner to super powerful badass. It's fun seeing a character challenge difficult opponents and slowly discover new strengths and powers.

That said, I still love Overlord, it's a fun series to follow for what it is.

It was some shit alright.
9, 10 and 12 are probably the best volumes so far IMO.

I mean I get the sentiment but if the player is no better off then any random mook that can die easily and fall to the ground like a puppet with it's string cut off what is the point of making it a Isekai and just a generic fantasy shonen?

If knowledge it is a game world doesn't directly help you then all you know is if you die you will die like everyone else, except you don't accept reality as normal. You basically want a story about a schizophrenic.

So is Albedo going to just be eternally sexually frustrated? Ainz cannot give her the boner and has no desire. She literally exists to please him sexually. At some point she is going to lose it.

You could really say the same thing about strong protags in Isekai. You could just as easily write a story about a generic fantasy where this really strong dude happens to be the main character.

The element that Isekai adds as a concept is making the protagonist more relatable while also making them blind to the world they've just entered, creating a "fish out of water" effect. Strength isn't really related to the purpose of isekai elements in this type of fiction.

I find it very amusing how The Eight edge assassins live in constant fear that she might snap at any meeting with Ainz.

About that. The eight edge did exactly shit when she attacked ainz. What the fuck were they thinking?

>isekai
Actually, it should be about the culture gap and culture shock. Like the surprised expression of a feminist when she is transported to a misogynist society where women are but breeding machines or that of someone growing in a democratic nation coming to a feudal country that promotes slavery. But sadly there is no isekai using these themes.

>But sadly there is no isekai using these themes

Are you serious?
I understand the reference, but you severely overestimate serfs readiness to revolt even under shitty rule.
You also overestimate average user CHA stat.

Risou no Himo have some.
Maids are surprised MC doesn't use them as royalty usually do, brown wife is surprised commoners in MC original world are educated, intelligent by local standards and have access to luxuries worthy of royal treasury only by investing a bit of effort.

I'm not intelligent or charismatic, but I often succeed when I clearly shouldn't.
> I try to pull this off to suicide by the local lord
> mfw it's a total success

Suicide by local lord is actually optimistic.
You would probably get full Griffith routine since most feudals have professional torturers-cum-wardens in their service.