Stoicism

What does Sup Forums think about the most redpilled ideology on this planet?

Attached: stoic.jpg (640x480, 97K)

>muh nature
it's a lads first philosophy, babie tier.

Suggest a better one please.

Let me guess... your advance philosophy is (((esoteric))) and involves no masturbating and LSD

It is the forerunner of Christianity.

Happiness is just a biological motivator to do the things we need to do to survive. Survival (and by extension 'thrival') is the purpose of life, happiness is not an end in itself; survival is. This is the law that governs all living things. This is the ultimate red pill.

accepting the beauty of war , the beauty of death and the beauty of war is the true redpill desu. Yugoslav collapse in europe, america and slavic nations when?

Attached: brit.png (500x500, 25K)

Toilets

Christianity is stoic, that's why it took off in the roman world.

Stoicism was the closest man got to objective truth, but missing the final piece of the puzzle, which Jesus brought forth.

you cant constantly analyse your own behaviour, but stoicism demands that you interpret yourself existentially. it's just technically not possible, nor advantageous to corner yourself with stoic interpretations of your existence as a stoic.

you can optimise with narrative structure, so you need to choose one. choice implies assumption of objectivity, which is belief. the best solution at the present time is biblical christianity. see you in the christian general.

Stoicism is actually a lot more similair to bhuddism than christianity.
Believing in a divine entity is for dummies desu.

who is it that visits the young prince in the street?

An idiot who thinks using cryptic metaphors make him sound profound.

>knowing so little about buddism you dont know that it's theist

congratulations kraut. you have reached peak brainlet.

Did I insult the mutts internet meme-faith?

You have to elaborate why it is a meme faith in the first place though.

Sincerely? No one really knows; or cares for that matter, of Stoicism except philosophers/historian (academic types) and people who found it on the internet.
Following it would be pointless outside of tradition, it is the philosophical equivalent to How-to-life guides (like Jordan Peterson and his 12 Rules for Life).
Either become a Christian or LARP.

it doesn't promise hellfire to the people who bullied the christcucks in highschool so this wont fly here op

Friendly reminder that stoicism doesn't mean apathy

The purpose of life isnt happiness, happiness is momentary and a rare occurance which gives it value

The biological motivator for survival is not necesarily what sustains the best civilization.

Think about it - promiscuity is performed because it provides us with easy and quick happiness without any repercussions. Monogamy may not be the first source of happiness to the stoic mind, but it's the foundation of traditionalist civilization.

this

Philosophies are like mental diseases, they keep making them up to turn normal people into clinical subjects.

How the fuck does that refute the point?

Stoicism is perfectly serviceable philosophy. When I was younger, I used to be very much taken with and intrigued by it, though I have since developed a more complex and mature attitude toward ethics, philosophy, and political discourse.

Attached: i-bet-u-think-ya-got-me-cornered-well-guess-23141178.jpg (496x367, 123K)

That is correct, user.

mostly true, but why? I mean, if purpose is happiness, then it is conceivable that could be accomplished through hedonism. Why stoicism?

And why happiness? Why not anger, rage, or utter disappointment?

I think it was a wonderful philosophy.
>The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius
>"Begin thy morning by saying to thyself, I shall meet with the busybody, the ungrateful, arrogant, deceitful, envious, unsocial. All these things happen to them by reason of their own ignorance of what is good and evil."

>Not apathetic.
>True.
>Meditations of Marcus Aurelius
"Attend to the matter which is before thee, whether it's an opinion, act or word."

Happiness is a meme. The only thing that matters is the continued existence.

I agree. Existentialism is great too

Currently reading Discourses and Selected Readings by Epictetus (Arrian)

i like it so far.

>become a Christian
no.
all a man needs is natural law.
peace pedolover.

Attached: jew tears.jpg (307x363, 21K)

You're a retard mate. 'Following' stoicism is living life as a rational man. This isn't some type of religion or subculture it's common sense.

Is your continuous existence somehow threatened? No it's not. Yet you don't simply lie down content with the fact that you exist continuously and are not likely to die this week. Work on not being retarded, that also matters in your life.

>flag
>mutt accusations

Attached: E571CA60-A1D3-4390-AC61-1850F99D0565.png (879x755, 121K)

A messenger, who does nothing but point out what is happening in the world around the prince. The prince is left to his own devices to extrapolate and decide for himself how he feels about what he has witnessed.
That's not the same as a christian interpretation.