Is 2017 one of the worst years for anime in a long time? I'm not even kidding. Think about it. Yes it wasn't all bad as we did get the only two great shows this year, Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu and Made in Abyss, and we got Heaven's Feel part 1. However, everything else has just been mediocre or dogshit:

Re:Creators was supposed to be a highly anticipated show and it was just mediocre.

Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul was a fucking Monkey's Paw for those who wanted a second season.

Eromanga Sensei is a whole new level of trash that set the bar unprecedentedly lower than before.

Umaru got a second season.

Black Clover, the gay test tube baby of Naruto and Fairy Tail, got an anime that exacerbates all the flaws of the manga and adds in a fuckton of filler to make it even more awful.

NEO FUCKING YOKIO.

How is this year not one of the worst years for anime ever? All of these shows dragged the year deep down into the abyss of dogshit.

Nobody cares, go watch some proper anime and lurk more.
Neo Yokio was kino.

what were you expecting from a show called eromanga sensei
i hope a season 2 comes out so you can watch and bitch about it too

Fuck me this season alone is enough to make this a good year for anime. What the fuck are you talking about OP

back to MAL.

The correct way to make one of these threads is to prove to us that you watched at least 60% of the airing shows (and gave the 3 episode test to 99% of them), and explain why even though people on Sup Forums had strong preferences each season, we were actually wrong for thinking those particular (name all of them) anime weren't good.

You didn't do that. You only listed seven TV anime and a movie that isn't out yet. Also, the selection of anime you named was not representative of the year's top anime, but rather reflects more of a mainstream, low level anime forum, junkfood kind of sampling, like the kind of thing a Toonami kid might watch.

>Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
>Made in Abyss
>Heaven's Feel part 1
>Re:Creators
>Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul
>Eromanga Sensei
>Umaru
>Black Clover

In other words, this is a thinly veiled recommendation thread and you need to lurk more before posting again here.

If you think 2017 was bad you must have not been watching anime for very long. 2013 was some horse shit.

Everyone knew it was gonna be bad, but nobody expected it to be THAT insultingly bad.

>Tells me to lurk more
>Uses "kino" in his post
Sounds like you need to fuck off back to Sup Forums you crossie faggot.

Anybody that wasn't an idiot knew it was going to be a generic ecchi show. There were a lot of hyped up shows this year that fell flat. If all you watch is popular shows, then 2017 would look bad. But there was plenty of stuff that wasn't hyped and turned out great. Try watching shows outside of what MAL tells you to watch.

Remind me what aired in 2013 again?

>mondaiji-tachi
>girls und panzer
>date a live
>ore imo
>shingeki no kyojin
>yuyushiki
>aiura
>hataraku maou
>valvrave
>love lab
>ro-kyu-bu ss
>monogatari 2nd season
>kin'iro mosaic
>watamote
>nagi no asu kara
>kill la kill
>log horizon 1
>strike the blood
>non non biyori
>samurai flamenco
>aku no hana

Actually, 2013 was fucking amazing.

No, stop asking to be spoonfed and learn to Google. Chances are you weren't even here in 2013 so it doesn't matter.

I'm seeing a whole lot of moe and ecchi there user. It wasn't very good if that's not your thing.

Well too bad because this guy answered my question and he was right, 2013 was amazing, you're wrong, eat a dick.

Fall 2013 is and will always be one of my favorite seasons.

>doesn't actually like anime, beyond using it as a "mature" replacement for his western cartoons for kids
Just because you have shit taste doesn't mean that 2013 wasn't an objectively amazing year for anime.

>aku no hana

Not everyone has to like shows about little girls or shows filled with fanservice. Liking those does not mean you have some sort of refined taste.

Sorry about that. I was going through my own highlights from that year, comparing against other anime that aired which I might be forgetting about, and that's the only one that I didn't watch, but because SO MANY faggots on Sup Forums seemed to eat it up, I felt like I should mention it for the sake of completeness.

>Heaven's Feel
>not mediocre
Pick one.

Owarimonogatari 2 was pretty fucking good.
Also, Ancient Magus Bride.

Wrong, faggot. Calling any anime with cute characters "moe and ecchi" and "not your thing," as if anime has ever not been all about the cute tells me that you don't have a fucking clue about what you're talking about and also have shit taste in anime.

Bait.

Moe is fine in some circumstances, but half of the shows you listed are school slice of life moe, which is usually garbage. Same with shows that rely on fanservice instead of story. I know you think you've got some misguided ideas about having patrician taste or whatever because you like to watch kids going to school, but you should probably understand why some people don't really care for it or even if they do, only in small doses.

All of the shows I listed (with the possible exception of aku no hana because, as I said, I didn't watch that) were well executed, memorable, received a lot of praise on Sup Forums, continue to be talked about on Sup Forums today, and have lasting rewatchability. These aren't subjective measures. The fact that I was able to list almost two dozen top anime from that year proves that it was a great year. Most years, even the "golden age" of 2007 and 2008, you're be lucky to get half that number of good shows the whole year.

>mondaiji-tachi, aiura, love lab, ro-kyu-bu
>memorable
No. And all the other "memorable" stuff you're mentioning is highly overrated. Like OreImo and Monogatari. Especially Monogatari.

People still make threads about and post images/gifs/webms from all four of those anime on Sup Forums pretty regularly, so yes, they were memorable. Mondaiji-tachi, I admit, I hesitated to include at first. It just happens to have been overshadowed by NGNL, which did the same kind of story but better, but people still talk about the lewd bunny, and it was a seasonal highlight at the time it aired. Aiura is at the top of its subgenre of JK leg anime, Love Lab is in many people's top three comedy/gag anime, and Ro-Kyu-Bu, along with its sequel, is many people's #1 of all time loli anime.

"Overrated" is hipster jargon for "it was good, but I'm too cool to admit that I liked it alongside other people who liked it at the time."

You can nitpick from any argument, but you're not refuting the central point that 2013 was a great year for anime.

>Is 2017 one of the worst years for anime in a long time?
Yes.
Just like every other year.

I enjoyed dragon maid.

>You can nitpick from any argument, but you're not refuting the central point that 2013 was a great year for anime.
You can't really refute an opinion. Even when I explain to you that half of your list is about kids going to school, you still clearly like that kind of thing, so it's fine for you. If you don't like watching kids go to school then it was a shit year.

/thread

This and gembutts are masterpieces.

The fuck is up with that list, I recognize like 3 of them and one is Apocalypse Zero which is pretty fucking far from kino

Are you mentally ill?

>as if anime has ever not been all about the cute
What is cute about Fate/Zero?
What is cute about Black Lagoon?
What is cute about Ghost in The Shell?

>Even when I explain to you that half of your list is about kids going to school
This is like a kind of ad hominem. You're nitpicking the premise of some of the items in the list without addressing my points that they were "well executed, memorable, received a lot of praise on Sup Forums, continue to be talked about on Sup Forums today, and have lasting rewatchability." You can objectively measure all of these qualities, so no, it's not just opinion. Saying that just because the story of some anime was about school-age kids and therefore it wasn't a highlight from that year isn't an argument in the same way that saying that a Ford Mustang isn't fast because it's yellow and you associate yellow with cowardice or caution.

Great job reading the image I posted, idiot.

Boku no Pico was well executed too, but some people just don't like boipucci. Same with watching kids go to school. Sometimes the premise offsets the execution in a negative way.

tl;dr
But I assume it indicates that your post is ironic and I'm a fucking idiot.

>KLK was 4 years ago
Has there been any other show that had this much collective hype since then?

Watch more anime instead of just random shit that pops up on Sup Forums.

>Shingeki no Kyojin
>Aku no Hana
>Valv-fucking-rave
>but no Uchouten Kazoku
What the hell.

You're just proving me right, though. Boku no Pico is still tremendously popular today, despite only catering to a very narrow niche and being over 10 years old, precisely BECAUSE it was done so well. You don't have to like gay shota sex in order to appreciate that anime and admit that it is objectively well made.

I'm not trying to play "gotcha" with you. It's worth reading, especially if you have watched less than 300 anime if your life.

Slipped my mind.

>Not Berserk
>Not Gantz
>Not Claymore

If anyone go that "mature dark themes anime watcher" meme pasta, this is the right time to use it.

>BECAUSE it was done so well
No, it is 100% because it was funny to recommend to people that didn't bother to lurk. That it is actually not terrible is just tangential. And the same could be said for any year of anime. Someone out there is probably going to like a large percentage of otherwise trash shows. That doesn't mean it was actually a good year for other people.

>I'm not trying to play "gotcha" with you. It's worth reading, especially if you have watched less than 300 anime if your life.

k.
I definitely watched less than 300 anime in my life.
Apart from Ghibli, I haven't watched a single anime before I watched the original GitS movie in February.

This is one of the weirdest bait charts I've ever seen, I have no idea what image/joke it's even trying to go for. Also, why have you posted this like three times a day for the past week?

2018 is going to be the best anime year ever.

Attack on Titan Season 3
OPM Season 2
Hero Academia Season 3
NNT Season 2
Fairy Tail Season 3
Gintama Silver Soul Arc
JJBA Vento Aureo
DBS Planet Sadala Arc
SAO Season 3
Kabaneri Season 2

It's possible to enjoy it on different levels, even if only at the normalfag "ironic" level, but most people who are exposed to it do watch it -- and do fap to it.

2018: Year of the Reddit Invasion

>Not Berserk
I do plan to watch it, I just don't know when

There isn't a single Berserk anime that is actually good. Just read the manga. And only read the manga if you're willing to not see a resolution for another thirty years.

2015 was the worst anime season in recent memory

That's every year though

>read the manga
No.

We literally have 3 show in the running for AOTY just in this season.
Shut the fuck up.

In addition to SSR and Houseki no Kuni, do you mean also Mahoutsukai no Yome? That's the one show I decided to backlog this season. Thinking maybe I should catch up.

Watch the 3 latest movies and be done with it. Dont ever touch under any circumstances newest anime.

Let me guess:
- Ancient Magus Bride
- That series with the grandpa
- Either that series with the stone girls or Girls' last Tour.

If movies are included for AOTY, Heaven's Feel replaces the last guess.

Fuck

Off

Retard

>Dont ever touch under any circumstances newest anime.

Yeah, I know, I've seen some clips. Does it only look like shit or is the content bad as well?

You guys are good.

>- That series with the grandpa
I hope he doesn't. It's a fun little show, but once you peel back the veneer of "this is kind of a new twist on an old story," it's not really that different from any other superhero shounen anime.

What?

I've been reading the Black Clover manga. It's quite fun.

>Vento Aureo
>anime
HA

>I hope he doesn't. It's a fun little show, but once you peel back the veneer of "this is kind of a new twist on an old story," it's not really that different from any other superhero shounen anime.
Yeah. Wasn't all that interested in it and decided to maybe watch it should it be good.
This season I'm only watching Juuni Taisen (solid so far but I didn't like the last episode), Ancient Magus Bride (My favourite right now) and Girls' Last Tour (If it gets a fucked up tragic ending maybe I'll like it more than AMB)

Why aren't you watching Kino no Tabi or Gembutts?

Konohana Kitan is the third AOTY contender.

>Why aren't you watching Kino no Tabi or Gembutts?
Not very interested in Gembutts and I haven't watched the original Kino yet.

>2018 is going to be the best anime year ever.
>Attack on Titan Season 3
SnK is shit made for casuals.
>OPM Season 2
Animated by JC Staff so it'll be shit.
>Hero Academia Season 3
Generic shonenshit
>NNT Season 2
More generic shonenshit
>Fairy Tail Season 3
MOST generic shonenshit
>Gintama Silver Soul Arc
The only good shonenshit
>JJBA Vento Aureo
Not confirmed
>DBS Planet Sadala Arc
Shit
>SAO Season 3
Shit
>Kabaneri Season 2
Will probably be a letdown compared to the first season.

Shit year oniifam.

It is very rushed, be it good or bad for you.

Saber a cute
Revy a cute
Motoko a cute

>Animated by JC Staff so it'll be shit.
Animation is overrated. As long as the voice actors stay the same it's still going to be funny as fuck.

It's already reddit

EVERY YEAR IS GREAT YOU JUST HAVE SHIT TASTE

Sup Forums also talks about utter dogcrap like Flip Flappers every day.
It just means that there's a bunch of really bored autistic losers who have nothing better to do than to keep remaking general threads while using said threads as a cover to blog about their life.

2015 has been the worst year for anime of the 2010s so far. 2016 and 2017 have both been considerably better.

Flip Flappers started out really good, though, and the enthusiasm on Sup Forums waned proportionally to the story imploding. Not that discussion on Sup Forums is the be-all,-end-all measure of quality.

it's quite likely that we won't see Vento Aureo in 2018
>Animation is overrated
dude what

Neo Yokio was good, though. But it's not anime.

>dude what
Good animation is great and does make a show better.
But it's most certainly not everything and a shit-looking show can still be good.
I think Serial Experiments Lain did not age very well, but it's still a great show.
Neon Genesis' animation became increasingly worse over the course of the show, that doesn't make the show bad.
Sure, OPM may look worse than before but poor animation won't make the show itself bad.
It can still be entertaining and funny as long as the quality in story and characters doesn't decrease.

OPM is in huge part an action show and it would never have gotten as big were it not for the great animation
even if the squeaquel will have all the other qualities of the first season, why would I want to watch the same show except with much worse visuals? that's just mildly depressing

>why would I want to watch the same show except with much worse visuals?
Because a poor-looking second season is better than no second season?

>Is 2017 one of the worst years for anime in a long time?
Yes, but only because of a constant downward trend in anime quality. 2018 will be much worse.

C U R R E N T Y E A R

>Animation is overrated.
Is this Sup Forums's version of Sup Forums's "Video games don't have to be games"?

I guess, but it'll never be as good as the first one

Eromanga Sensei was fun and comfy. What do you like? Legend of The Galactic Heroes? Hunter X Hunter? Nice reddit spacing by the way. Kill yourself.

But the primary appeal of One Punch Man is its amazing choreography, both in Murata's manga and in the anime. Madhouse made OPM a sakuga extravaganza and it was fucking incredible. JC Staff doesn't have that level of talent. The only way they can make OPM S2 good is if they make it closer to ONE's version.

You don't deserve a big toblerone.

2013 was honestly the last great year on Sup Forums. So much shitposting, so much funposting, the fun never ended,

>Because a poor-looking second season is better than no second season?
Try saying that about the new Berserk anime.

>reddit spacing
Fuck off back to /r9k/ with this shitty meme.

Goodbye leddit. Don't reply to my post.

>everything is trash hue
Please kill yourself, and while you're at it kill every single person who watches youtube anime reviews too. That will make you kill yourself twice.

Fuck you I won't do what you tell me.

Thanks, RATM.