Be me

>be me
>for no good reason, end up listening to Komm Süsser Tod for the first time since I originally watched Evangelion
>it's fucking awesome
>YouTube links lead me to what ended up being an AMV using the same song
>see a clip of Asuka's final scene as part of the AMV
>end up digging up and watching her final scene again
>it's fucking awesome
>like, mind blowingly awesome
>start rewatching some more random clips from EoE
>they're all awesome
What gives? Sure, I was young when I first watched Evangelion and I remember EoE being a step up from the original series, but I don't remember it ever being this good. Hell, all I really remember is the mindfuck from episode 19 onwards. Should I rewatch it? Was my taste just bad or was Evangelion actually as bad as I remember?

People forget that Eva was influential for a reason and just shit on it due to its popularity.

How was Eva a mindfuck?

Piss off.

no shut up you brainlet. Fair enough it was confusing at times but it definitely was not hard to follow and makes a lot more sense if you actually think/engage with it, even at a surface level

Fair enough.

Evangelion gets better the more you watch it.
The main plot and main theme are easy to follow but some aspects like characters motivations and all of the alien stuff is pretty convoluted.

>alien
Evangelion had aliens?

Well, whatever created the angels, lilith adam, the spear... I always considered them aliens althought it's not explained what it/they was/were

Aren't they something to do with humanity?

if you didn't think it was a mindfuck that means you didn't truly understand it, brainlet

This. Too bad Gainax went to shit along with the Rebuild movies

Humanity is the last of the angels, you could consider the angels to be aliens but they aren't any more aliens than humans are, both came from space to earth.

EoE just had a lot higher budget than the series, the series had a lot of good scenes where it mattered as well, they were clearly skimping on a lot of portions though.

The song that played during Asuka's fight (Munashiki Nagare, I think?) played a part. It's just so fitting and grandiose.

>Rebuild movies
What's the deal with these? I never took any interest in them.

Most of the convoluted shit is stuff that just wasn't mentioned in the series itself. Most of the shit about the FAR and Adam/Lilith's moons and shit isn't mentioned in the anime at all, and is mentioned in side material or the N64 game.

They're not that bad, at least the first two. The third one is set in the future and a bit weird and with a setup for a fourth movie at the end.

>the N64 game
Fucking what? I didn't think that NGE was that old.

Mid-90s. It's over twenty years old already.

EoE is one of the best movies I have seen. Animated or not.

>the N64 game
Do you mean the Sega Saturn game?

No.

Stop posting a level headed opinion on Sup Forums

Your taste was bad, Evangelion is great.

Humanity's angel name is Lilim, specifically, iirc

WANT

There are ROMs online that you can load into an N64 emulator if you just want to play it. It's not very good.

Still looks kewl as fuck though

Kill yourself

Wasn't Eva the show that people coined the term 'Mindfuck' to describe?

Daily fuck you to everyone who says to skip the last two episodes.

So Sup Forums, EOE or TV eps. 25, 26?

its Air in G by Johan Sebastian Bach

It coined the term "mindrape" to describe what Arael did to Asuka, not "mindfuck"

Rebuild wasn't made by Gainax

They are two different takes on the ending and each have a unique
Close enough

Both, twice each prefferably, order doesn't really matter, they show the ending from two different perspectives

When she realized her mother was in the Eva and all that, it was another song I think

"Wrong." -President Donald Trump

EoE is what is happening in the physical world just before, during, and after instrumentality. The scenes in instrumentality in EoE depict Shinji's struggle to determine if he truly wants to continue instrumentality.

Episodes 25/26 are what instrumentality is like for one going through it. It describes the process one must go through to regain their physical self and leave the collective.

>Evangelion
>2deep

The meaning of Evangelion is pretty easy to get, and definitely not a mindfuck

This.

First point:
To this day, the whole "Evangelion is pretentious" argument seems very ridiculous considering that there are very few loose ends in the franchise (NGE -> EoE). Additionally, the religious symbolism, which is hacked at by critics, was solely for artistic inspiration, it had no effects on the themes of the show whatsoever.

Second point:
The themes in the show are as follows:
-Existentialism/Self worth
-How parenting effects a child's mental health
-Freudian "psychology"
-Escapism makes things worse (anime fans)
-Sex and love are the most beautiful and most evil things in life

And lastly,

-Your life can be happy if you choose to find happiness

If you have trouble understanding that, seek mental help, if you already understood that and you haven't got mental help, do so too.