Let's settle this once and for all.
Who is the best shonen/seinen mangaka?

My personal favorite mangaka.

Miura

Oda is the best shonen author.

Good answer
He is lazy and he's honestly not as good as before
He isn't though.
Post time skip One Piece is very bad visually, and haki has ruined the fights.

I don't read much manga so I could be wrong.

Fuck off.

Are we going by opinions or hard numbers, cause if it's by numbers then Oda has outsold every other shonen, if we go by opinions, then my opinion is he's the best.

Obviously not Araki. He can`t write for shit.

>Shonen
Don't really follow shonenstuff, I'd say Araki but he's moved onto Seinen, so Togashi, Katsura, Itagaki or Morita
>Seinen
Soryo, Egawa, Ikegami.

And it's really pointless to make a distinction between seinen and shonen mangaka when most of the greats did both, how am I supposed to fit people like Inoue in either categories, Slam Dunk is a shonen and Real is a seinen.

>implying sales=skill
His writing his above shonen's average until part 6, which has a very good plot with an awesome ending.
Part 7 and 8 writing is very solid.
Considering that he's exceptional in everything else, I think that he's one of the best manga artist, and my personal favorite.

Anything besides part 7 and 8 are extremely inconsistent and all of them have badly written endings. Araki is a hack.

>Made in Heaven
>Bad written ending
Have a (You)

part 5, and part 6 have great endings user
ones of part 2,,4 are average at least

>Staying popular for nearly two decades and outselling all other series it competed against and even outselling classics that have come before it, being beaten out on a global scale only by Batman, Superman and Mickey Mouse, but is the single largest selling comic book series by a single author
>Not being skilled.

Part 5 ending was the worst though.
It ruined Vento Aureo with all that Requiem stand bullshit.
Part 4 ending is better and it suits well the mood of Diamond is Unbreakable, and also it had a very good final fight, which Vento Aureo doesn't have.
Battle Tendency ending is also good, in all its over the top craziness.

shinichi sakamoto

Most popular works aren't always the best works, and this is the case.

toriyama desu

So then this entire thread is based on opinions then, should have just said so from the start. My opinion still stands though, Oda is the best shonen mangaka

>muh coffin
>muh volcano
>muh same stand
>muh GER

Innocence doesn`t get the praise it deserves.

Oda isn't as much creative as authors like Araki or Togashi.
His fights are now boring power level bullshit because of haki.
His art is too convoluted and confusionary, too much useless details that ruin his panels.

This. He doesn't have the most detail but his art is clean, dynamic, and easy to read. All the hits he draws look like they really fucking hurt. Buu saga was kinda rushed in the manga and his new art sucks dick but it was fun while it lasted.

Original Dragon Ball was the best.
Z fights are just punches ki blast bullshit.
Characters in Dragon Ball are extremely flat and the plot is non existent.

>Not as creative
Nigga that just blatantly false. No other author has created such a massive, living world as Oda did with One Piece, hundreds of characters with their own unique style, appearance, abilities, personalities quirks and back stories and a rich history that he sprinkles across the world.

I was talking about his art, not his plot. But yes Dragonball went to shit after Vegeta Saga.

Ironic, considering he's written a book on the subject

ending of part 1 and 3
I was talking about 5 and 6
Yeah the whole action with GER is shitty af, by part 5 great ending i mean the deaths of the cast and becoming a gangstar

Yeah its not like Araki has been writing the same manga for 30 years :^)

Well, so did Stephen King

Disregarding opinions on JoJo this book is still worth reading. A lot of it's content can be applied to helping you create not just manga but other media as well.

Oda's characters are in most of the cases nothing more than stereotypes and their powers are boring and stale.
Hell, he still uses characters with elemental powers.

Kind of sick of his art style after a while though. When you look at his stuff for the Dragon Quest series his sameface is so bad it's not funny.
Although I'll admit he does good monsters.

H.p lovecraft.

Probably some author in a business magazine that no one has heard of here.

What's the consensus with Arakawa?

>CTRL+F
>Urasawa
>0 results found

shit thread. saged, reported, yanked the power cable out and pissed on my hdd

>Urasawa is worth a crap
Literally Araki without the flair. And at the point you end up intellectual gruel.

Jojo was a mistake

Togashi

Kubo

kubo

Man I love oddman 11

You mean the primary antagonists who have been active in the manga for hundreds of chapters instead of sitting around in nullspace until it was time for the MCs to encounter them?

In any case, if I were to name Oda's strengths I would say:

a) he builds up the world more than most, by showing other characters, drawing backgrounds, etc., which excuses his character art to some extent, and
b) he does maturity in a meaningful way instead of statements like "LOL humans are bad" which don't actually help anyone. Example from chapter 1 in attached image.

Really, it's hard to do anything every single day for decades without taking serious breaks. I don't think I could fault him for losing some degree of art fidelity.

Without a question

>Seinen

Maybe Fukumoto and Urasawa?

In my experience reading seinen, I love Dorohedoro to pieces, OP.

For shonen, I vote One Piece or Jojo.

>Muh CD allowing me to possess one of the most broken stands in the series and possess 2 stands, despite there being a rule that a person can have only one stand at a time.
>muh rectangle

Made in Heaven was written by NiSiOiSiN, you absolute mongoloid

One of the few endings that still causes emotion to well up inside me every time I think of it. Too bad that emotion is rage. Such is the power of true [ART]

inconsistent writing aside, ishida

Hiromu Arakawa

TAKEHIKO
INOUE

>Shounen
No idea, most popular shounen mangaka don't do a lot of series. I'd say Mizukami is my favorite but a lot of his series are seinen.
>Seinen
FKMT

Slam Dunk is one of the best sports shonen that was ever made, and even though he will probably never finish Vagabond what he gave us was amazing. P.s you should smile more.

Toriyama doesn't get enough credit for his fight choreography. His fights are super clean, easy to follow, and usually fairly exciting.

Honestly it's pretty hard to read through the beginning of Slam Dunk after reading modern series. Tried the anime instead, it's even slower. Maybe it'd be different if I liked the big-headed type of MC.

Clearly not Araki.

Oda is though based on sales alone

>likes Legos, Thunderbirds and Resident Evil
is he /ourguy/?

Fukumoto, noone comes as close at being a real human bean.

The CD was forshadowed. Jolyne actually put Star Platinum in her head, though it was too powerful to her to handle.
For the rectangle, it was one of the major themes of the manga, so fuck off.
Nisio wrote that shit novel called "Over Heaven" you retarded mongoloid

I like clamp.
Doesn t count eh.

Personally Araki

Yoshikazu Hamada

>opinion thread
fuck off to reddit

executed poorly

nah

op

Actually it has a great climax and everything is explained perfectly.
Most people though just speedread through it and then they complain about it being too complicated.

Artwise at least. Stories can be another story, though.

He starts terrible but he gets good at writing at part 4. Forgets how to for 5 and 6 and then remembers again at part 7.

Part 4's writing was garbage for the most part.

I thought the character writing was great. Kira was really convincingly insane. The little details like not killing Koichi 'cause he was wearing mismatched socks, his collection of finger nails. He was so unhinged.

Name some shonen manga from 1987 to 1994 with better writing than JoJo.

Did part 5 and 6 not have instances of good character writing?

Kenshin
YYH

There's only ONE

This. People buy Oda because he's worth it

Kenshin started in 1994 and Yu Yu Hakusho is nothing better than Diamond Is Unbreakable.

People still buy Oda's work because they would feel too dumb dropping the series after wasting lot of money on it

>Monster of the week shit
>Better
The only good thing about part 4 is Kira related shit

Wtf, I love SAO now

Not him, but YYH went back to tournaments. Can't really complain about uniformity there.
Toguro is a better villain though.

>Monster of the week
>Nearly every enemy has still a role in the manga after being defeated
Also
>implying Yu Yu Hakusho isn't monster of the week itself

Kira was a very innovative villain back then, though.
Can't say the same about Toguro.

>being this assblasted that nobody pays for the shitty artist you like

Fair enough. I suppose Toguro has a special place in my heart for being a layered villain with feelings I resonated with.
I meanwhile recognize Kira as a very creepy, yet fleshed out character. He's an accurate portrayal of a serial killer.

He sold a lot, though.
And also Oda ripped off a lot of stuff from him.

YYH's cast was more fun for me. Also I like Yusuke and Toguro more than Josuke and Kira

Araki is good and all but he's way past his prime.